Las cabanas

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chriscross34

Julie, that would be appreciated. I don't want to miss out on this opportunity but i need some confidence. My agent told me that the studio should be ready Jan 2010, which isn't that long. It would be interesting to get a progress report on the development.

Julie, would you be able to find out if there is a decent contact who can provide us with regular updates. In addition any chance you could ask about rental management, meet and greet service if we want to rent out appartments out.

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
J

Julie Mee

I will do my best to find out as much info as I can. Although I have no arabic at all !!!

I know that there is a guy based in the hotel who runs a limousine service. Takes people to & from airport & anywhere else they want to go. Last time I booked a transfer on internet to get from airport to hotel cost loads more than he charged us when we wanted to go back to airport.

Julie

R

robertoferrante

Have a good trip!!!

Hi Julie,
I've been yesterday to the site, but didn't take any pic as my digital camera was accidentally flooded...:mad:
The things seem fine and the club house, the supermarket and the shopping area are almost completed. The sea front villas are all built up and the blocks 12 and 13 are progressing.
Block 2 still at the footing phase.
The beach, as they promised, has been cleaned, all rubbish in the working area removed and plastic bags and bottles removed.
The most of the petrol patches disappeared and some beautiful white sand has been added for beach levelling: everything looks much better now!
Some palms and lighting have been fitted already in the roads behind the villas and walkway areas, for improving a bit the landscape.
The hotel has quite low occupancy in this period, so you’ll enjoy better the beauty of the surroundings. Temperature around 36/40 °, with very low humidity.
Let us know your feeling, once back, just to compare if it is like mine :), as you haven’t visited the site since a long time, so you’ll notice the differences much more than me!
Hope you’ll enjoy your trip!
Till soon.
Roberto

J

Julie Mee

It sounds like alot has happened since I was there in Nov. Im hoping to be pleasantly suprised by it all. Its so much more reassuring when you can see for yourself the progress.
Its a wonder they get any work done in that heat. Im looking forward to just swimming and relaxing by the pool & of course taking a few photos to bring back for everyone to see. If your about whilst Im there look me up I will be by the pool :- )

D

Deanosparky

HI Juile, Sounds like things have been stepped upa gear or two with the development.
I know your on your hols, but if u've got time it would be great to see some pics of block 13 and if you are allowed inside aswell if poss. You should be ok with the language point of view. If you speak to the hotel manager i believe he is very helpfull.

Any possible rental information would be very usefull and encouraging.

Have a great time.
I look forward to your feedback.

jongdawson

jongdawson

hi jon, welcome!!, it would be good for more investors in las cabanas to keep in touch and post on here. ive put down a deposit on their only studio and am dealing with Alan from Property Matters Overseas who has been really prompt and helpful in all my dealings.

jon, who is your lawyer and what has he/she done for you as part of that fee? pm if easier.

What made u invest in Las Cabanas? I hope Orientals for Urban Development provide regular updates on this development once a buyer has signed the contract as it is more reassuring to know what is going on.

IPI who are developing the Marsa Alam beach resort have been very good at maintaining communications and have one of the best websites i've seen.

Anyone know latest in terms of release of further blocks and or when they expect to finish each phase now?

Chris
Hi Chris......just come back fron las cabanas. construction is well under way. we toured the whole area and the site manager assured us that the property would be finished by the end of november. Our lawyer is Abbass Abbas El Bahrawy
Lawyer & Legal Advisor
Mob: +2 016 400 555 3

They do not do much for the money apart from notarisation in the egyptian courts which takes for ever. They also make you the legal owner of elec and water metres!!

You are welcome to call me on 07980 294773.........Jon.

R

robertoferrante

Hi Jon,
thanks for your kind updating.
May I ask you what you mean by being owner of your water and elect. meters?
It sounds new to me....
Do you remember the name of the Site Manager who took you around?
Many thanks.
Roberto.

J

Julie Mee

Hi everyone Im back from my stay in Hotel Sentido. As before hotel is wonderful and everything is totally up and running. There really is something for everyone. I was suprised how the staff had totally turned around in such a short time but the few that where still there from my previous visit all remember you which is very welcoming. It really lives upto being a five star hotel.

Regarding the site I was a little dissappointed that block 13 was not as far on as I had hoped. But overall there was definatly progression. The site seamed alot more organised and you can see that they have been concentrating on other areas of the site such as the clubhouse and supermarket. This is understandable and although we are all concerned with our own apartment being completed we have to look at this as a whole project.
I have looked inside the villas that are finished and can only saythat they are very impressive and if the standard of workmanship is the same in the apartments then we have nothing to worry about. I only wish I could afford one of them just need a lottery win !
As Roberto had mentioned before the beach has had some white sand put down and is so much cleaner and tidier. It really is a beautiful area and when you are there its hard to beleive there really is nothing else around.
Regarding rental arrangements I didnt get to speak to anyone that knew. The duty hotel manager was new from last time & he didnt have alot of info about the site. I looked around the site mainly on my own. The guy that showed me inside the villas was difficult to communicate with, but we got by. I think he was probably equivalent to a site foreman but not sure.
I have got some photos just need to work out how to load them for you all to see.

Missing the sun Julie

J

Julie Mee

I cant seem to get the hang of this uploading of photos. So if you want some pics send me your email
Julie

M

MrSkipsey

I cant seem to get the hang of this uploading of photos. So if you want some pics send me your email
Julie
Thanks for the update Julie and Im glad you had a nice time again. You did miss some nice days of sun here in Blighty but Id soon swap it for the heat of Egypt!
You are right in saying that we should look at it as a whole project and not just our individual apartments as it makes sense in having a few shops and mini-market built and established before they release any units. Even for the hotel guests to use. But it is frustrating.

Speak soon.
Mike.

Last edited:
J

Julie Mee

Hi Mike, Ive emailed you some photos. Hope you get them ok .
Julie

M

MrSkipsey

Julie, those pics are great! Its progressing slowly and from the first few photos I looked at Id say they have conventrated more on getting the villas ready which would mean more money to continue.
Your pics have taken the not knowing weight off my shoulders slightly!
Mike.

C

chriscross34

Hi Julie, could you email me the pics on [email protected]

I just tried to see how you an upload an image, when you click on message reply, there is an image icon which you clcik on to insert. The only problem is rather than browse your hard drive like some sites, you have to add in the URL. i couldnt seemm to to that from my hard drive. I've done that before when ive posted pics on another website.

Queenie - do you know how we post images from our hard drive? when i clicked on an image from my pc, i right clicked to see the URL but it didn't seem right.

Chris

Last edited:
R

robertoferrante

According to what OUD in Cairo says, it is not a matter of money (?!?) :) but the development of Las Cabanas area is going according to a planned scheme, trying to protect the downwind properties form the major works carried out in the upwind properties. It means that, being the villas upwind they decided to end the digging works as soon as possible...even the unsold ones are under construction.
It is absolutely true they are in late with blocks 12 and 13, but the planning seems to be turned to a wiser direction...
I missed your staying in Sentido, Julie, but I'm very busy here in this period and I don't think I'll be able to visit the project for the next couple of weeks...
I'll keep you pposted of the further steps.
Roberto

C

chriscross34

Hi Jon, thanks for your reply. I know Julie has taken some pics, have you got any you could email me [email protected]

PM if you want Jon, ive noticed you don't have PM set up at the moment

Have all of you on this forum actually bought now?

Did you automatically get details of the developers due dillgence information or a contact, i didnt get anything with the contract

Chris

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi - if you post reply ( you need to write something and not leave the post blank ) then click on the paperclip icon and a opo up will appear. You can then upload from from computer or URL. Press on browse in the upload from your computer. Any probs give me a shout.

D

Deanosparky

Hi All,

Well it looks like we're all going to have to do the updating of the development ourselves. Carry on the good work is what i say!!

Julie would you be able to send me your pics please, I've got some from Jon, but the more the merrier!!

I wonder if the developer will give us all a NEW competion date??

[email protected]

thanks

Geir

Geir

New pics

Julie
Hi Julie , my new neighbour;-)

I you can, could i please have some pics from Las Cabanas?

Regard Geir Moen.

Status
Not open for further replies.