Las cabanas

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deanosparky

Hi all,

I suppose if everyone is declaring their apartment number then i'm in block 13 2512.

This all sounds a bit more promising, especially when we now have an explanation into the delay.
If they are already starting to build the other hotels, then there is some strong confidence on their behalf that all is going well with the development.

Thanks for your very usefull input Roberto. I haven't had any reasons from the developer about the delay, but at lest this clears some doubt!!

D

debs09

Hi Debs,
Welcome aboard, nice to meet another neighbour. Im in block 13, 2523.

If during your visit you could take some photos that would be good to see how things are coming along . I was out there last Nov so keen to see the progress. I can recommend the hotel on site if your planning to stay over in Marsa at all.
Look forward to hearing your news.

Julie
Hi Julie, and all other fellow purchasers. I am also in block 13, 2621.

Don't know whether I will stay over in Marsa Alam - last year there was a major problem with the hotels overbooking in June, so I will probably just get a taxi down, although I agree with you totally about the hotel on-site - I saw it last Feb, before the official opening, and it was very impressive even then. Jo at PMO managed to secure discounted rates at the hotel for prospective purchasers, but it is probably cheaper to do it on internet.

Debs

C

chriscross34

Hi Roberto and Debs, mmm wow where did you two come from??? lol

queenie40something

queenie40something

Please do not post links etc to other forums as Admin do not allow this.

Regards

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Chris - I think Roberto is an agent - could be wrong so apologies in advance if I am.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi all,
I'm visiting Oriental Coast almost every week, as I'm living in Egypt and bought there, like a lot of friends did, too.

As far as I know, they stopped for a while the constructions of the blocks, to finish the front line villas and reducing, in that way, the dust for the blocks, downwind, due to the major works.
Meantime they are going very fast building two more hotels (Arena hotel and Lagoon Hotel) for giving a better impression to the whole project...
The delivery time should be at the end of the 2 years installment period. Till now the Company always confirm they'll be on time... let's see.
Hi Robert as you are visiting there every week maybe you can post some up to date pictures on a weekly basis for your ' neighbours ' so as they can see the ' fast building ' as Im sure this will be of interest to other investors.

Has the 1st hotel opened yet? It was meant to have a soft opening in 2007 and Im afraid I havent kept up with the project.

It would be nice to see some more pics as Im sure it is taking shape and will be stunning.

Regards

R

robertoferrante

Hi Queenie,
sorry about that...I'm not an agent, I manufacture furniture and furnish houses here.
If you prefer me not to post anymore on this forum, I respect your moderating action and apologise since now.
Roberto

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Roberto you are more than welcome to post on the forum but we do not allow links to other websites Im afraid. This can be seen as self promotional which is against the rules. Admin pay alot of money to make this site the 1st on google and we can not allow members to come along and steer valued members onto other sites that do not make no 1 on google.

As stated in my previous post if you are a buyer on this resort and you visit it every week than maybe you can help out your fellow neighbours that are not in a postion to visit the site every week and post pictures - pics say more than words!

I am sure they would really appreciate it.

when I was in the process of buying mine each time I visited I took loads of pics which helped my fellow neighbours enourmously.

Thankyou for your understanding.

D

debs09

Hi Roberto and Debs, mmm wow where did you two come from??? lol
Hi Chris, I have been here all along, lol, but must say I only check the forum periodically, as a guest, but felt that I could clarify some of the points being raised and could not stay quiet any longer :D

I viewed the development in Feb 2008, and decided there and then that this was the place for me. I think we have all made a superb investment, and long-term we will be laughing, especially having seen Port Ghalib, which I don't think can even rival the Oriental Coast complex.

Debs

J

Julie Mee

Sorry

Hi Queenie,
sorry about that...I'm not an agent, I manufacture furniture and furnish houses here.
If you prefer me not to post anymore on this forum, I respect your moderating action and apologise since now.
Roberto

Hi Roberto,
OOPS, Sorry !! Looks like I got you into trouble asking for a link. Didnt realise it was a problem.
Your help and presence here has been very valuable and enlightening. Its so good to have a contact thats on site when we are all back in the UK.

Im very interested in what you do as Im a bedroom designer for a fitted furniture company so would like to see what you do over there .

Julie

C

chriscross34

thanks Deb and welcome to the forum. like everyone else, we could really do with some updates to the development and being able to see actual pics would be great. like Deano, if i know something is going on and worth seeing i would consider going out there and updating people myself. My apartment in the Marsa Alam Beach Resort should be ready in March 2010 so if that is still the case, i can visit the Las Cabanas resort too at the same time.

I'm still hopeful that these are good investments and hopefully nice holiday homes as i would love to explore the egyptian culture etc.

Re furniture packs/design, there are obviously some windows of opportunity for potential businesses to market their services for this type of requirement. I cannot see development slowing down for at least 5 years as long as the government does limit the density of these developments, hence where are all the furniture pack suppliers. I'm almost tempted to go on Dragon's Den and set up a furniture/design business myself

I want to be able to make a hassle free purchase and know that i can rely on a company to design and furnish my apartment without me having to buy every nook etc.....

I would aslo welcome updates in terms of how we can potentially rent the apartments out and how we can market these.

Finally, in what ways is the developer currently marketing the resort?

Last edited:
R

robertoferrante

No problem, I think the it is solved with the moderator...i hope :)
I'll follow her advise and will publish the last pics directly here for everybody use, even if I don't know how to post pics here...just attaching them to a message?!?!?:confused:
I'm working here, doing furniture and interior decoration of villas and apt in Egypt, in another area, but I won't name my company and location to avoid any other problem wiht the moderator :eek:.
By the way I'll be soon in Las Cabans, with a showroom to assist peolpe there to furnish their properties.
The First villas delivery has been delayed of few months, agreeded with the owners, to allow the "first aid" supermarket to be completed, and it is going very fast. The first units will be delivered the next Fall, I guess between Oct and Dec.
The Sentido Oriental Dream Hotel has been opened last Nov and it is working perfectly with an average occupation of 60% and the feed backs on internet are all very positive! It will be taking care of all Las Cabanas area, at least at the beginning, about private and common gardens, cleaning, etc. so it is very important we can see since now what they are doing in the Hotel.
Ciao.
Roberto

J

Julie Mee

It all sounds very exciting , what you are doing ! So where are you setting up your showroom? Have you a villa or an apartment ?

I stayed at the hotel when it had only been open 2weeks and even then I was very impressed at how it was being run and organised. Everyday new things were appearing and taking shape. They seem to have a very good vision for the Hotel and the guests were very happy with the standard of service, cleanliness and overall package that the Hotel has to offer.
It was that good that I did wonder why I needed an apartment !! Looking forward to coming back soon & feel the heat
Julie:cool:

R

robertoferrante

Pics of Las Cabanas

I've managed to upload some pictures of the last 18th of May in my Las Cabanas Album.
Please let me know if they are visible and help.
Please ask if somebody needs other pics: may be I have them already.:)
For Julie, I got Villa 28 SW. The show room will be in a dedicated space got form the developing Company.
Rob

R

robertoferrante

Sentido Jetty and Marina piers

Today I've been informed that the Government has approved and given authorizations for the building of the foreseen jetty of Sentido Hotel and the piers of the Oriental Coast Marina. :)
It is a great info, as the new jetty of Sentido will help to protect the Reef from the people who walk on the fragile corals to reach the outer part and enjoy the life of the open waters. A further step to our gorgeous project!
Roberto

J

Julie Mee

Today I've been informed that the Government has approved and given authorizations for the building of the foreseen jetty of Sentido Hotel and the piers of the Oriental Coast Marina. :)
It is a great info, as the new jetty of Sentido will help to protect the Reef from the people who walk on the fragile corals to reach the outer part and enjoy the life of the open waters. A further step to our gorgeous project!
Roberto
Thats great news !!:) You certainly are a mind of information and a great contact for us back in the UK.
Julie

R

robertoferrante

Blocks 12 &13 delivery and environment issues

Dear Oriental coast, Las Cabanas Purchasers,
it seems we got some good news…
The delivery time of blocks 12 and 13 will be next January 2010.
I didn’t understand if there are purchasers, on this forum, who have earlier delivery dates on their contracts: it would be good to know that, to better understand, in case we are talking of delay, how big it will be.
Another great news is concerning the environmental protection of Oriental Coast bay: it has been contacted HEPCA, the famous no profit ONG of the Red Sea, in order to organize a well organized protection of the reef there.
It has been decided that no yachts will be allowed to enter the bay, in order to avoid any kind of spoiling of the reef (oil, petrol, waste waters, plastic bags, etc.).
A good and selected buoying system will be set up around the more sensitive parts of the house reef to avoid snorkeler, swimmers and/or others to get too close to the corals and break them.
A deep cleaning of the whole coast will be carried on and the maintenance will be better managed by the hotels (now still only one operating).
Clear signs will be fitted along the beach to warn the tourists on how to deal properly with corals, shells and fishes and what it is forbidden to do.
The new arriving tourists in Oriental Dream Sentido Hotel will be briefed about the right behaviour to keep during their staying in Oriental Coast.
I think those kind of actions give all of us a good feeling: how the developing company is taking care of the environment there, it is not that easy to find here around!
Roberto

J

Julie Mee

You always seem to bring us good news. That all sounds great and very positive.
:) :)

Julie

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Dear Oriental coast, Las Cabanas Purchasers,
it seems we got some good news…We need some

The environmental imact assessment if upheld by HEPCA will sustain the reefs and tourism

Clear signs will be fitted along the beach to warn the tourists on how to deal properly with corals, shells and fishes and what it is forbidden to do.

The new arriving tourists in Oriental Dream Sentido Hotel will be briefed about the right behaviour to keep during their staying in Oriental Coast.
I think those kind of actions give all of us a good feeling: how the developing company is taking care of the environment there, it is not that easy to find here around!
Roberto
Now all we have to do is educate the dive-boat skippers and foreign vessels into keeping within the regulations.

In the mid 80's I had the pleasure in helping with environmental impact studies in Sharm. As a result the marine reserves became a symbol of sustainability and we now see the increase it has on tourism projects. We are now becoming residents in a whole new chapter of Egyptian growth.

The hardest part of coastal management is finding dedicated teams to enforce the rules. As a diver and ex-captain I often found my messages fell on Egyptian deaf ears. We know the qualified dive-boat teams enforce them but the day trip snorkellers never got the right tuition from local boat charters.

I only hope your reefs stay pristine and the HEPCA efforts work out for us.

Alan Cockayne - Coralife-Style Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.