Infinity Express

L

Lysos

Hi Suave,

Very interesting post. However you make no reference to the current vast oversupply of holiday property (which was in evidence several years ago). I would like to see Turkey as part of the EU - bringing far more to the party than some recent entrants - however, there is no hardevidence that it will be invited t join, never mind when. As for the US State Department forecasting future developments, if they couldn't forecast the near collapse of their own financial system then I wouldn't hold much store by their forecasts for elsewhere. It will be interesting to see how your development pans out, but it will be a while before one can make a meaningful assessment. Completion of the project, followed by a full year's figures will be the first true indicator, but in the mantime it will be interesting to see what happens with any resales, and a project like this always has them. Meantime, enjoy your next trip !.

S

SUAVE

Optimism rules ok

Hi Suave,

Very interesting post. However you make no reference to the current vast oversupply of holiday property (which was in evidence several years ago). I would like to see Turkey as part of the EU - bringing far more to the party than some recent entrants - however, there is no hardevidence that it will be invited t join, never mind when. As for the US State Department forecasting future developments, if they couldn't forecast the near collapse of their own financial system then I wouldn't hold much store by their forecasts for elsewhere. It will be interesting to see how your development pans out, but it will be a while before one can make a meaningful assessment. Completion of the project, followed by a full year's figures will be the first true indicator, but in the mantime it will be interesting to see what happens with any resales, and a project like this always has them. Meantime, enjoy your next trip !.
In the current climate Japan has now started to come out of the doldrums followed by Germany and a few other countries. However, Turkeys structure had been on an even keel and has forcast a growth of 3.5% by the end of the year.
turkey has asked the EU for formal membership but must answer a few hiccups before the EU will accept. Being a part of NATO is a plus mark in favour of joining the EU, but we all have to wait till 2014 before a full decision can be made.
Being an optimist helps!!!!!!!!!
The credit crunch hit everyone unexpectanly and no one could have forcast any down fall in the financial system. But as I say above the worst is now behind us. Yes I know it will be a while before we will make a decent profit on the property at CCC. As you say once we have completion of the project, followed by a full year's figures it will be the first true indicator. Yes people will attempt to sell once the complex is completed and that will be the first indication of valuation.
But in the meantime it means cheap holidays all year round. Plus we have bought it as a base to tour Turkey and surrounding countries, so it will be a while before we look at selling or part exing it against a new property somewhere else.
Any way with us its win win for cheap hols!!!!

J

javuk

If we decided to buy another property we would have to pay an extra 6k than we did before so logically speaking we have made money already. Yes I agree prices are falling all around the world. but the costs of materials stays constant. In easier terms the builders are undercutting themselves to make money. But in our case IE are not selling the properties cheaper they have upped the price due the the market in Turkey having a growing economy. (Turkey's economy is expected to have grown about 3.5% in 2009. Inflation and interest rates have fallen significantly, the currency has relatively stabilized) This is from a US State Department Paper on Turkey published in May this year. It goes on to say: Turkey aims to adopt the EU's basic system of national law and regulation (the acquis communataire) by 2014 with entry the year after, its adoption will make a significant contribution to modernizing and strengthening the economy. Turkey has taken steps to improve its investment climate through administrative streamlining, an end to foreign investment screening, and strengthened intellectual property legislation. After years of low levels of foreign direct investment (FDI),Turkey succeeded in attracting $22.3 billion in foreign direct investment (FDI) in January-May 2008. Due to global market conditions which contracted foreign capital inflow, Turkey is expected to attract around $10-$12 billion in 2009.
So if the US think that the climate in Turkey is stable and growing I thing investing in Turkey is well worth wile and in 2015 it gonna rocket.
And as a financial administrator I have gone over the whole thing very carefully and looked at other property investments world wide and Turkey came very close to the top of the list.
So fear not CCC fans the US government is on our side.:pepsi::congrats:
Hi there you know what you just cheered me up thanks and I whole heartedly agree though its a great shame that other EU members like Germany and France are so against Turkey and millions of its citizens from joining and enjoying the advantages of the common market.....you know what they say good things come to those who wait...patience is a virtue...etc...
regards
Javuk

L

Lysos

Sue & Dave,

You obviously bought for the right reasons, primarily for your own use, any peipheral income being a bonus. I've had @ 15 holidays in Turkey, last two trips to Belek for the golf. Fabulous, much better value than Portugal & Spain, & better courses in superb condition. However, I would always stay in hotels there as the quality & value is excellent.

Have you been given any indication as to what your annual service charge might be and what excatly it includes ?.

D

dollygal

If we decided to buy another property we would have to pay an extra 6k than we did before so logically speaking we have made money already. Yes I agree prices are falling all around the world. but the costs of materials stays constant. In easier terms the builders are undercutting themselves to make money. But in our case IE are not selling the properties cheaper they have upped the price due the the market in Turkey having a growing economy. (Turkey's economy is expected to have grown about 3.5% in 2009. Inflation and interest rates have fallen significantly, the currency has relatively stabilized) This is from a US State Department Paper on Turkey published in May this year. It goes on to say: Turkey aims to adopt the EU's basic system of national law and regulation (the acquis communataire) by 2014 with entry the year after, its adoption will make a significant contribution to modernizing and strengthening the economy. Turkey has taken steps to improve its investment climate through administrative streamlining, an end to foreign investment screening, and strengthened intellectual property legislation. After years of low levels of foreign direct investment (FDI),Turkey succeeded in attracting $22.3 billion in foreign direct investment (FDI) in January-May 2008. Due to global market conditions which contracted foreign capital inflow, Turkey is expected to attract around $10-$12 billion in 2009.
So if the US think that the climate in Turkey is stable and growing I thing investing in Turkey is well worth wile and in 2015 it gonna rocket.
And as a financial administrator I have gone over the whole thing very carefully and looked at other property investments world wide and Turkey came very close to the top of the list.
So fear not CCC fans the US government is on our side.:pepsi::congrats:

Way to go Dave!:shakehands:

C

Chudleigh

Way to go Dave!:shakehands:
Interesting dialogue y'all.
Thing is, if Turkey were ever to join the EU, that would probably mean they would be obliged to allow free access to work/permits. Thus enabling me to work there easily.
Can't see it somehow......

C

Cazzholly

Ceylan Country Club

Hi Cazz
Yes, I understand that they do have wifi at Esinti, that's where my updates were being pinged from recently. Also didn't know that there are 2 internet cafes in the village, so thanks for that.
Regarding your expenses, they will have to be borne from the Association funds - of which there are not any yet :beerglass: but I am proposing the committeeee is formed ASAP with first proposal for treasurer a lady by the name of Selda......
Second thoughts........ that wouldn't work would it!
We are all counting on you Agent CH. No pressure and all.......
Lord Chudleigh
Agent CH reportıng ın from Kemer ........

..... unfortunately not from the Esıntı as ıt ıs Ramadan so can only report from there ın the evenıngs!

Went to the CCC thıs mornıng. The road ıs fınıshed between B and C vıllas and also between C vıllas and the apartments and the road & car standıng areas are currently beıng laıd ın front of the A vıllas that have been constructed. The B vıllas look to be more or less complete, though most dıdn't have aır-condıtıonıng unıts outsıde. Some unıts appeared to have furnıture/curtaıns ınstalled. Gardens to the vıllas have had top soıl put down.

The apartments looked more or less as they seemed when we were out here 3 weeks ago from the outsıde.

A securıty fence has been ınstalled around the whole complex. Thıs ıs a wıre mesh fence wıth a barbed wıre top .... Coldıtz sprıngs to mınd. If you don't pay your maıntenance charges, there won't be any hoppıng over the fence to access your property!!!

At present, there are no servıces to the sıte, we understand that water ıs avaılable but as they are fıttıng the sanıtatıon system, thıs ıs currently turned off. There ıs no electrıcıty at the moment. We were told the servıces should be avaılable 'soon'. There are no solar panels to any of the propertıes yet.

I'd be very surprısed ıf phase one ıs completed by the 1st September but the development ıs lookıng good - ıt wıll look very ımpressıve when ıt's completed

C

Chudleigh

Good work CH. How did you manage to get all that detail under cover of darkness - did you use your Special Forces night vision issue?
One small problem - you are 12 hours late with your report. This will place you under a probationary period - unless........................................................................
you can achieve completion of the following objectives before you return to base:

1) Further confirmation of status regarding specific sites of observation (code B).
2) Obtain photographic evidence of the enemy's chief informer personally serving beverages to you from the fictitious 'poolside bar' location, (said informer must be in complete uniform including pinny, so as to confirm I.D.).
3) All other obstacles to be 'removed' or temprarily disabled - as necessary - in particularly the heads of the organisation or those who have been supplying incorrect or misleading information.

Acheivement of these objectives will revoke said probation and gain due consideration for promotion to key position within CCCRA.
Over & Out

Oh darlin.......there ain't no pleasin youuuuah (Cazz n Dave)

J

javuk

Hi Cazzholly thanks for the report interesting stuff!!
barbed wire eh just wondered as there was no signs of much crime there and security onsite is there a need for such a thing as it detracts from the overall look of the Club but yes I'm sure the CCC will look fantastic when all is done and dusted !!!!
Javuk

Agent CH reportıng ın from Kemer ........

..... unfortunately not from the Esıntı as ıt ıs Ramadan so can only report from there ın the evenıngs!

Went to the CCC thıs mornıng. The road ıs fınıshed between B and C vıllas and also between C vıllas and the apartments and the road & car standıng areas are currently beıng laıd ın front of the A vıllas that have been constructed. The B vıllas look to be more or less complete, though most dıdn't have aır-condıtıonıng unıts outsıde. Some unıts appeared to have furnıture/curtaıns ınstalled. Gardens to the vıllas have had top soıl put down.

The apartments looked more or less as they seemed when we were out here 3 weeks ago from the outsıde.

A securıty fence has been ınstalled around the whole complex. Thıs ıs a wıre mesh fence wıth a barbed wıre top .... Coldıtz sprıngs to mınd. If you don't pay your maıntenance charges, there won't be any hoppıng over the fence to access your property!!!

At present, there are no servıces to the sıte, we understand that water ıs avaılable but as they are fıttıng the sanıtatıon system, thıs ıs currently turned off. There ıs no electrıcıty at the moment. We were told the servıces should be avaılable 'soon'. There are no solar panels to any of the propertıes yet.

I'd be very surprısed ıf phase one ıs completed by the 1st September but the development ıs lookıng good - ıt wıll look very ımpressıve when ıt's completed[/QUOTE

Hi Cazzholly thanks for the report interesting stuff!!
barbed wire eh just wondered as there was no signs of much crime there and security onsite is there a need for such a thing as it detracts from the overall look of the Club but yes I'm sure the CCC will look fantastic when all is done and dusted !!!!
Javuk

Last edited:
S

SUAVE

hi there folks
anyone else got the email about paying maintenance fees from september onwards etc.
Dave (SUAVE)

J

javuk

Hi Sue Dave,
yes got that email plus the other irrate ccc customers dont blame them though!
I think a lot of us will feel the same...not happy!!
regards,
Javuk

hi there folks
anyone else got the email about paying maintenance fees from september onwards etc.
Dave (SUAVE)

C

Cazzholly

Good work CH. How did you manage to get all that detail under cover of darkness - did you use your Special Forces night vision issue?
One small problem - you are 12 hours late with your report. This will place you under a probationary period - unless........................................................................
you can achieve completion of the following objectives before you return to base:

1) Further confirmation of status regarding specific sites of observation (code B).
2) Obtain photographic evidence of the enemy's chief informer personally serving beverages to you from the fictitious 'poolside bar' location, (said informer must be in complete uniform including pinny, so as to confirm I.D.).
3) All other obstacles to be 'removed' or temprarily disabled - as necessary - in particularly the heads of the organisation or those who have been supplying incorrect or misleading information.

Acheivement of these objectives will revoke said probation and gain due consideration for promotion to key position within CCCRA.
Over & Out

Oh darlin.......there ain't no pleasin youuuuah (Cazz n Dave)
Agent CH reportıng. Locatıon: Kemer Internet Cafe
Sıtuatıon: Carrıed out further reconnaıssance on CCC - road by A vıllas comıng on fast however enemy actıvıty ın poolsıde area has meant today further recon attempts were aborted and we wıthdrew to dıstant hılltop observatıon post (codename Esıntı).

Serıously, we managed to meet wıth some other buyers who were vısıtıng CCC, comparıng notes over a drınk, and we have come away much happıer as progress ıs beıng made at quıte a rapıd rate and we hope to do our snaggıng ın the next few days and make a start on furnıshıng the property before we come home.

We also met wıth Martın H and took the opportunıty to dıscuss the maıntenance charges and future aspıratıons for the CCC. On reflectıon, my personal thoughts are that Martın' recent emaıl was not worded as well as ıt could have been, but talkıng to hım, many of our concerns have been put at ease and Martın promısed to pull together more ınformatıon detaılıng what we wıll receıve as part of the maıntenance contract. We have also done a bıt of covert research ınto maıntenance charges at sımılar developments from other companıes and ıt would appear that the CCC ıs not outrageously expensıve and ıs sıgnıfıcantly less than some fıgures that we were quoted from other development companıes.

Although the tımıng of the maıntenance charges emaıl ıs not great, I feel that what we wıll receıve for our payments would seem faır. Thıs ıs only my opınıon and I would advıse other buyers who are unsure about the maıntenance to check the sıtuatıon at other sımılar developments in order to put theır mınds at ease.

Barrıng enemy actıvıty, bad weather or sunburn, we wıll be returnıng to ınfıltrate CCC on Wednesday to provıde you wıth an ın-depth update. I wıll be workıng hard to regaın my full agent status and belıeve my forthcomıng reports wıll entıtle me to a promotıon. In the meantıme, I am retaınıng all my bar bıll receıpts for reımbursement from the extensıve CCCRA slush fund :beerglass:

Agent CH (Probatıoner)

C

Chudleigh

Excellent info. Agent!
I had some extensive e-mail dialogue with Martin yesterday, some initially you may have seen. I don't know what he said to you but he is obviously a charmer. He didn't make me feel any better, I'm afraid. Don't disagree with the charges from an amounts point of view , as about what I was expecting to see and yes on par with similar sites. However, you are also dead right about wording of content and in particular the timing!
Let's see if anything occurs in the next few days. THanks very much for taking the time out to update.

Hope you are having a lovely holiday.

C

Chudleigh

In retrospect

Dear All - readers & contributors of this thread

In my previous post to this, I have made reference to a subject and to people who I have referred to elsewhere in a derogatory manner.
This dialogue was in response to a Newsletter, regarding impending & almost immediate charges for maintenance of of site & facilities, where I was and some of you are purchasing properties.
I was not happy about the content of the Newsletter, regarding the timing of the charges.
My comments were borne out of anger at that time and if I have said anything which you may have found offensive or embarrassing, then I apolgize for this.
This thread/forum should (have) been used to trade useful tips & information about our future venture. Instead, it has at times been a tool for voicing anger or frustration in an inappropriate manner. I include myself as a contributor to this
thread and will not be making any further contributions of this nature on the public stage.

I hope you will all be taking posession of your respective properties very soon, if you have not already done so – and that you find many happy years of enjoyment with the Ceylan Country Club, Kemer and the surrounding area of that special part of Turkey.

Maybe our paths will cross in the future, maybe not. Good Luck & Health to you all.

C

Cazzholly

Ceylan Country Club, Kemer

We have just returned from a week in Kemer and are delighted with how the progress at CCC is coming along.

We spent 4 days constructing our IKEA furniture and furnishing our villa in which time all the designated phase one roads have been completed and paths to villas done. As we left on Saturday evening, teams of workers were busily working away with hoes, rakes and wheelbarrows starting to undertake the landscaping. There were various other workers on site attaching air conditioning units and kitchens and furniture lorries were also making deliveries. The main pool was being thoroughly cleaned ready to be filled this week, and the bar area was just about complete - just requires beer!

Everything seems to be coming together at Ceylan Country Club now and we have returned home content and really looking forward to going out again in October to stay in our property.

Cazz

J

javuk

Its gone quiet in here

Yes well a lot has been said in haste I guess people are going to be more careful what they say from now on I guess....hey its a shame Umit has left did you all know he had a baby son recently?wish him all the best !
Javuk

S

SUAVE

Yes well a lot has been said in haste I guess people are going to be more careful what they say from now on I guess....hey its a shame Umit has left did you all know he had a baby son recently?wish him all the best !
Javuk
Never met the bloke but it seemed strange that they should let everyone know about it. Who actually was he?
Dave

J

javuk

Never met the bloke but it seemed strange that they should let everyone know about it. Who actually was he?
Dave
He was the Marketing Manager and took us around all the properties in the van...he basically sold us the apartment...regards
Javuk

R

Rammah

Dave
Hi Dave,

Who showed you the country club prior to you making the investment in it?

Regards,

Rammah