I want to invest in property, where is best

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brazilian Homes

Hi,

If you want to invest in a market that is only starting to take off, consider Brazil. Building costs are very cheap still and the purchasing power of the brazilian population is increasing fast. Even though Brazil has been hit to some degree of the credit crunch, the impact here has been very small, and the property market is doing extremely well still.

To give you a few examples: you can get a 2 bedroom apartment in good areas for approx 79 000 Euros, 3 bed beach villas for 135 000 Euros, 1 bed apartments in city center by beach for around 60 000 Euros.

Our website is being updated and contains some very useful info. Check it out in approx 1 week for more info.

Do some research about Brazil and I am sure you´ll find it interesting.

Good luck,

Brazilian Homes

L

lena green

Its such a long way to come each night......all the way back to Portugal

B

Brazilian Homes

HI,

Sure, it is on a different continent......but it only takes 6 hours 50 minutes to/from Lisbon. But once you get here....it is absolutely great!!

L

lena green

But tell me, if I come there, what can I do. I buy a house, then what? I have a life to lead, I need some fun. I understand these people don`t speak English so how do I ask. Ok learn the language, not easy for me, I need to get a cash flow but how, no one understands me..........GIVE ME YOUR CASH won`t work will it, so where do I go from here........advise please.

B

Brazilian Homes

Hi,

Well...I can assure of one thing: you won´t have more FUN anywhere else on the planet!!!

Brazilians actually speak English pretty ok, especially people under 60 years of age. On the country side they don´t, but most brazilian friend I have, speak good English, even to the extent that it sometimes annoys me as I rather speak Portuguese.

Brazil is a great country is far more fun that any other country I have lived in. All foreigners that come here all say the same: " I love it - people are so nice and so cool! " Here, you can speak to anyone and they are extremely social and inviting. Very easy to make friends here and have fun. if you like nightlife.....this is paradise!!

L

lena green

Ok mate, sold, I`m on my way...................after I`ve been to the pub, can you get me a couple of those big bummed ladies to meet me, we don`t have those here in Portugal. but I guess you`d know that.

M

MexInvestNow

If you are looking for a turnkey hassslefree investment The New riviera nayarit is the place.

The Developer I am currently working with guarantess 7% ROI for years 1 and 2
You will probable get 7+% for years 3-5..
A Cash Flow Cow to help build net worth!
Feel free to get in touch via the forum and i will explain more.
Development is on a gated golf community (guaranteed income) with Condo prices starting as low as $179,000!
the first wellness themed Deluxe 5 star condo hotel in latin america.. all pre-construction prices!
Guaranteed appreciation in a thriving market, almost everybody speaks english to a high level.
Some of the best Medical care this side of the Atlantic..
How many of the 15million baby boomers will retire, move take vacation in Brazil?
Mexico is the 3rd most popular destaination in the world for citizens of Canada and the US!

B

Brazilian Homes

Sure.....plenty here. They are called "poposudas"......Portugal could use some of them. Thank god people in Brazil look different than the portuguese.......and speak with a different accent as well.......

A

arsiniblatyhokom

Greetings from Bali...

If asking for good return investment and property abroad, possibily buying property in Bali island. What do you think???

Best regards,

Ms Sri

J

jasonsun

Hi James,

Based on the fact that you mentioned you have no interest in using a property as a holiday home and its purely an investment I feel you have some different options open to you. I have recently been down this road in some depth. I have invested in various properties in various locations previously but frankly with the current economic climate this time I was far more cautious. I have some friends who work within investment banks and for economic data analysis outfits and the predictions are not pretty. Im a firm believer in property as an investment but my personal feeling is that right now the 2nd tier buyer who will essentially provide me with my profit is not there and doesnt look like being for some time, this is the same for most markets, there is an oversupply of product that the developers cant seem to give away, and while i except that over the long term you will probably make money by snapping up one of these bargains, you will have plenty of competition and for me the risks are too high and outcome too unpredictable.

There are some clever property based investments out there now that are actually using the current economic crisis in a clever way. One I have just invested in is basically providing pre-sales to developers which allows them to unlock construction finance. I like this as I know the developers are struggling (like the man on the street) and need this and so know I am in a position of strength. I only invested 30k and have no further capital exposure risk, I will never own the property so have no closing costs, my capital is in escrow and cannot be touched (yes zero risk to capital) and the developer has all the hassel of re-selling my unit providing me with my 25% annualized return, which incidentally he is contracted to do prior to selling any other units on his development. If he cant he contractually has to buy it back still providing me with my return. Worst case he doesnt have my money the bank does (via an escrow agent) and I get that back with interest should it all go wrong. It just goes to show how desperate the construction industry is for finance right now.

There is a fair bit of paperwork in fairness but to me its the type of thing that is reactive to market conditions, safe and makes sense offering potential upside with no downside including being stuck with a property that you cant move for a long time.

D

Davegw

Invest in Australias Northern Territory

There is a huge demand for property developers and housing in Darwin. With rental occupancy rates under 1% and rental prices among the highest in the country. Darwin's future growth is assured with Inpex's 12 billion dollar gas plant in its infancy and requiring 2000 + jobs over the next 5 years for one example, not to mention the infinite mineral resources within the Northern Territory. Darwin is isolated from the rest of the country's down turn in economic growth.

N

neustria

With rental occupancy rates under 1% and rental prices among the highest in the country.

With occupancy that low, I can't understand why rents should be high... !

D

Davegw

I might add that you will also benefit from the low Ozi dollar at present. The Euro is fetching almost 2 for 1 The US dollar will get almost 1.5 for 1 and the pound will net you 2.1 AUD for every one you spend how could you go wrong ?

N

neustria

Exchange rates

The Euro is fetching almost 2 for 1 The US dollar will get almost 1.5 for 1 and the pound will net you 2.1 AUD
*****************************************************************************************************************

That tellus us nothing: It takes about 95 Serbian dinars to buy one euro. What does that tell you about the cost of living in Belgrade?

Nothing, if you don't know what prices are there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, in my previous post, I was alluding to the fact that you had confused occupancy and inoccupancy.

One percent occupancy means that only 1/100th of available housing has occupants. Not a good figure for someone who is looking to buy to let! !

Last edited:
L

lena green

Hi Pyramid James,

You sure have some volatile country choices on your list, Dubia is on its belly, Cyprus is fiddlling your deeds,America is about to go bankrupt and most Eastern Blck countries are spiraling downhill fast. Spain, another one, has so many 'quirky' local laws you may get a deal one day and lose it the next. France and Portugal are as solid as as a rock. In fact a no money down deal came in this morning in Portugal, a real winner,

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LJHooker

have you visit bali-indonesia? there is quiet many transaction property among expat there....

L

londal

Caribbean???

Hi James,

In the current climate it's tough for any investment, property prices are at an all time low, FACT! A few key factors you may want to look into are how stable the area is and how your investment would make a good return. Exit strategies, mortgages, cost etc etc. To enlighten you on one area:

1) Property in the Caribbean hasn't dropped for 65 years.
2) There has never been a recession when it comes to property in the Caribbean.
3) Average rental yields of 9-10% Pa.
4) Not oversaturated with development, due to low land capacity.
5) Tourists from USA, Canada, Uk, Europe & ROW.

Those are a few basic points but there are many to consider.

Good luck with your future investments.

If you seek further information contact me.

I

investalot

I have to agree I have found the Caribbean to be a great investment.

I purchased two villas on the water in Grand Bahama (Bahamas) in 2007 and they have been rented out with no vacant periods since then.I am returning a yield of between 10-12%.

These cost me $300,000 each back then and I have negotiated with the developer to buy two more identical villas now for only $220,000 each as he is in a quiet period.

Capital growth has been minimal but rental income is guarenteed as there is huge demand for quality rentals (shipyard and University mainly).

L

Lysos

"Capital growth has been minimal" hmm. You are buying two identical villas for nearly 27% less than you paid two years ago, because the developer is 'in a quiet period'. Priceless !!!. Wake up & smell the coffee, or should that be bananas ?. Everywhere is in a downturn. Your post proves the Caribbean is not immune.

Status
Not open for further replies.