I want to invest in property, where is best

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iain stewart

No Way - The USA is definately the cheapest at the moment.

B

BellaVistaGroup

US

No Way - The USA is definately the cheapest at the moment.
Absolutely. Real Estate in the US is very inexpensive now and the rate of return is immediate in cities such as Buffalo. You can buy a property for 30k and rent it out for 500 a month.

Second Market Size cities will be the dominant force in multi unit sales in the coming years.

M

mickthepropertyguru

Ajman is indeed a good investment opportunity, although you need to be very careful what community you invest into. There is an issue with electricityin Ajman and the only community that has guaranteed electricity on completion is the Eye of Ajman, we have a few really good low cost opportunities there.

Iain
Why Ajman ?

M

mickthepropertyguru

I think the best investment in the coming years will be in South America, Iraq and different areas that don't jump into ones mind straight away. One of the best ways (and only for me) I feel would be to invest in a fund that invests in emerging markets (not Bulgaria, Cyprus or European),real emerging markets, but of course a huge amount of DD applies. I think that in the not to distant future when we emerge out of this CC, there will be some amazing funds to get involved in that will beat individuals investing in property and trying to sell at a later date. Big risk but big reward !

But i feel people don't realize how risky it is investing in the usual areas as not been able to sell your property is a risk many don't take into account !
Following the herd is the worst thing you could do and it limits your profit to a huge margin.

F

farren

Banned
I think the best investment in the coming years will be in South America, Iraq and different areas that don't jump into ones mind straight away. One of the best ways (and only for me) I feel would be to invest in a fund that invests in emerging markets (not Bulgaria, Cyprus or European),real emerging markets, but of course a huge amount of DD applies. I think that in the not to distant future when we emerge out of this CC, there will be some amazing funds to get involved in that will beat individuals investing in property and trying to sell at a later date. Big risk but big reward !

But i feel people don't realize how risky it is investing in the usual areas as not been able to sell your property is a risk many don't take into account !
Following the herd is the worst thing you could do and it limits your profit to a huge margin.
i Ajman because close to dubai and really cheap .

A

AttilaRacz

Hello James,

I'v read your question about the best place to invest in property.
I can not say my offer the best - as I think there is no one can do it at the moment - but I could warmly offer ours.
We have several projects on to build penthouses in attic floors in Budapest, Hungary. As you may know the prices of hungarian properties are still underesimated, not in the US or in Western Europe.
We look for investor partners for our attic projects.

If you are interested in projects like these, please let me be informed, and I can tell you details (cash flow plan) about it.

Regards,
AttilaRacz

M

maaja

Why to come to Slovakia?
Because:

Slovak economy is considered to be a tiger economy,

The annual GDP growth in 2007 was estimated at 10,4%, with the record level of 14,3% reached in the fourth quarter,

Slovakia will adopt the euro currency on 1 January 2009,

Slovakia has lower labour costs, low tax rates and well educated labour force,

Rank 35th out of 157 countries acconding to the Index of Economic Freedom 2008,

Decreasing prices of residential goods,

Increasing demand of luxury goods,

Huge number of projects running...

Ask me for more info if interested
Maria Vasilova
Cupofcity Slovakia

L

lena green

Mick the property guru

Why follow a fund or in fact any comglomerate, bank, building society and the like as it would seem there are bad guys everywhere.Look around you, big builders going bust, banks crashing,investment companys liquidating, even Woolies has gone down. C`mon, its time we gave `em all a miss and D.I.Y. it, yes do it your self. Secret is, don`t go for other peoples big promises...............go for your own achievable targets.

Buy some land, apply for planning and build. KISS, Keep It Sweet and Simple

M

mickthepropertyguru

Ya i definitely agree with you wrt DIY and i like your style Lena :)
But in true emerging markets, this is near impossible. The term emerging markets has been misused for a long time.
The main investment areas of Romania, Bulgaria, Spain, Portugal and Morocco should not be classified as Emerging. Parts of the Middle East, Africa, South America and Asia are truly emerging.
Its very true that much of the financial industry has been disastrous but so to has property what ever way you look at it. But was it not the property bubble that killed the financial.
Whats the difference in investing in a fund that buys land, gets the appropriate planning etc, develops it and sells it ? or even sells it after the correct planning has been approved ?
The advantages is that you usually can put in far smaller amounts of money, far less headaches, and carries less risk !
Investing in a good fund (construction & Land) can carry as much DD as investing in land by ones self. There are gems out there to be found amongst the thousands of bad ones.

But the DIY attitude will be dead for some time. Getting a loan/Mortgage to buy land and develop it at the moment could prove tricky :) That counts 9 out of 10 people out for next few years.
But i would love to buy some land and develop it. That would be a dream, but the areas I'm interested in would be very hard if not impossible :)

gsinker

gsinker

Check Out Panama

It must be getting very hard to find a place that is good to invest in, however i wanted to make you aware of that tiny piece of land called Panama.

Panama is still out there holding its own, The banks in Panama are still healthy. Non of the local banks invested outside of the country nor did Panama ever get involved in Sub prime lending, in fact the lending policy in Panama has been rather strict.

Panama's economy was never based around tourism so even in the down tourned market the occupancy levels in Panama still remain high.

Mortgages are still available even if you have strict guidlines to work to. But isnt that the way it should be.

Why would a bank knowlingly lend a person money if they could not prove they could pay back the debt.

Isnt that what started all this mess in the first place!!!

So what we have in Panama is a
stable economy
Mortgages available and controlled
High Occupancy for rentals
Great weather

Is there something that I am missing that would not make Panama a good location to invest in?

I am not saying Panama is the final word but compared to so many Hot Spots in the world that have failed big time Panama is still hanging tough.

Why would you invest on a property if there was no real need for rentals. Seems crazy to me.

R

Robert Davies

D.i.y

Hi Lena
You are absolutely right, thats what I did in Calabria and when I was in need of help I approached a small local company that could not have been more helpfull.
Bob

Mick the property guru

Why follow a fund or in fact any comglomerate, bank, building society and the like as it would seem there are bad guys everywhere.Look around you, big builders going bust, banks crashing,investment companys liquidating, even Woolies has gone down. C`mon, its time we gave `em all a miss and D.I.Y. it, yes do it your self. Secret is, don`t go for other peoples big promises...............go for your own achievable targets.

Buy some land, apply for planning and build. KISS, Keep It Sweet and Simple

L

lena green

Well, it seems to me that trusting others to make the profits is a risk therefore I have decided to buy my own land, get my own planning, both of which I have done, and organise my own build. I have chosen Portugal for many reasons but the main one is stability and little risk. Luck was on my side when I bought as, unbeknown to me the new F1 Racetrack was just up the road, a new world beating golf course right next door, I knew about the beach, the motorway access, the local airport and the waterpark. However. I might be in the right place but it sure is the wrong time so I am forgetting about the high profit margins of the past and building to make low profit which will allow me to go onto the next door plot and build some more. I aim at the local clients want a well placed holiday home and we have plenty of wealthy locals. I am also stashing a bit here opipt.com/invest.htm.
There are also 'Permuta' offers coming at me, land is 'gifted' for property on return of build. Great idea and lots of land to do it on. With 7 million tourists heading my way, a few weekly rentals won`t go a miss. My main problem will be getting banks to lend for the build process, guess I`ll have to go on the streets again !!

T

turkeypropertiesforum

just an offer for you

i was also thinking like. mean to invest in property. We bought an apartment from Yegin Group Properties in Turkey. They good service and most important think is they have also rent out system. so if you buy an apartment from them you can also earn money from your Apartment. I think they have a new campaign for a luxury complex. i will speak with them and maybe they can also write something here about their campaign.

A

aylina

CITY INVESTMENT
The current financial situation has taken away most of the single unit purchasers for the time being,however,there are still multiple investment buyers around,keen to take advantage of any good offers in hot locations.
Istanbul is one of the aforementioned locations,with one of the fastest growing economies of any European city.Turkey,indeed,has a solid economy,the highest growth rate of any European country,the youngest population of any European country,and one of the lowest rates of home ownership,which has yet to grow.The Turkish government has given a figure of a 5.5 million shortfall on residential housing units by 2016.The bulk of these being centred around Istanbul.

L

loai

I am looking to invest in property, I am purely looking to make money on the property not use it for a holiday home, I have been looking at Dubai, Southern Cyprus but I’m concerned I’m to late, I am also considering Northern Cyprus & Bulgaria, the prices are great but I’m not sure on the risks invoiced or the predicted return I could receive.

I have also looked at the USA as property is hitting rock bottom but again I’m not sure if or when it will go back up.

If anybody knows where the best places overseas to invest I would really appreciate some advice.

Thank you

James
james its never to late, markets go up and down always, its actually now time to buy and wait till the market recovers, and it will...

it all depends on how much you want to invest and how long u want to wait...

A

angelinalove

If you are interested in Italy then calabria property is best to invest now a days.

M

MexInvestNow

Emerging Markets

WHERE TO INVEST SAFELY IN
THE NEW GLOBAL ECONOMIC REALITY
Time to Think Outside the Box!!

I came down here 7 years ago to retire after 25 years on Wall Street. I relaxed for 5 years and 2 years ago started selling real estate. I did and continue to do extensive research. The changes in the past 4 months have devastated many investors, so I have narrowed my focus for the time being to a particular development which has all the earmarks of an undervalued safe secure appreciating cash cow. For medium and long term investors it is a turnkey solution with positive cash flow and will outperform other investments here and help investors rebuild assets.

Mexico like everywhere else is having problems with what I named THE NEW GLOBAL ECONOMIC REALITY. More U.S. investors are thinking outside the box in order to realistically rebuild their net worth. There are pockets all over the world in the real estate market that are continuing to do well. I luckily live in one of those pockets. Puerto Vallarta and the Riviera Nayarit are continuing to get their fair share of the invasion of Baby Boomers from the USA and Canada. The US State Department said it best almost two years ago: “What is just getting underway is the largest southern shift to Mexico of people and real estate assets since the Civil War”.

Mexican real estate has historically been an all cash market. Approximately two and half years ago mortgages became readily available. American banks are eager to offer mortgages here the old fashioned way. The requirements are 680 credit score, 25-30% down and an income that can sustain the payments. With the history of all cash and the more recent addition of properly qualified financing, there is no real estate bubble.

The last four months I have seen a dramatic increase in the number of investors. There has been a shift away from lifestyle considerations and more towards investment only. Most investors are looking for security first, cash flow second and great appreciation potential third. Everyone now understands the get rich quick schemes and instant wealth real estate seminars of the past are partially to blame for the current and near term problems in the USA.

Charles Simpson, President
800-368- 0343

We focus on the back to basics, common sense approach to building real net worth and great cash flow. Before investing in Mexico investors need to be educated on the process. On our web site we answer some of the frequently asked questions. Whether you choose to contact us or someone else, please do your due diligence and get educated and ask the right questions. With carefully real estate investments in Mexico, investors have an opportunity to rebuild their net worth with very nice positive cash flow over the next 5-10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.