I want to invest in property, where is best

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Soup Dragon

Realestatemart. Look like artists impressions to me, not pictures … especially the last one. Even if they are pictures, most of the apartments face each other (not the sea) and are close together (little sunshine on the balconies.)

I haven’t been, but do appreciate that temperature / climate is good for a long season. Over supply of holiday rental accommodation is my main concern when it comes to Egypt. I’m not overly enamoured with pictures I have seen of developments and their views either. Many sea view developments look over concrete jungles towards the sea. (Those developments have been on hills perhaps 0.5k to 1k from the sea. They looked out over rather high density developments beneath (be they residential apartments or other hotels) and didn’t have anything to differentiate them from other developments. They weren’t for me.)

Troyano. Didn’t read all of your post, but can see it is well written and informative (perhaps helped by my lack of knowledge of Costa Rica!)

One of the main risks for investors in this region will be hurricanes. I appreciate any such problems will apply to the East coast, but please tell us what you can about hurricanes affecting Cost Rica and provide links that will help alleviate people’s fears.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Realestatemart. Look like artists impressions to me, not pictures … especially the last one. Even if they are pictures, most of the apartments face each other (not the sea) and are close together (little sunshine on the balconies.)

I haven’t been, but do appreciate that temperature / climate is good for a long season. Over supply of holiday rental accommodation is my main concern when it comes to Egypt. I’m not overly enamoured with pictures I have seen of developments and their views either. Many sea view developments look over concrete jungles towards the sea. (Those developments have been on hills perhaps 0.5k to 1k from the sea. They looked out over rather high density developments beneath (be they residential apartments or other hotels) and didn’t have anything to differentiate them from other developments. They weren’t for me.)

Troyano. Didn’t read all of your post, but can see it is well written and informative (perhaps helped by my lack of knowledge of Costa Rica!)

One of the main risks for investors in this region will be hurricanes. I appreciate any such problems will apply to the East coast, but please tell us what you can about hurricanes affecting Cost Rica and provide links that will help alleviate people’s fears.
its real pictures and believe me from each flat balcony you have amazing sea view
Regards

D

DC

Thank you soup dragon for the referral, ref. Midas

The question begins with if you are looking to make money.

Are you looking at income (ie. rental income)
or growth and income later (ie. capital gains)

In some markets (eg. Morocco, 10 year guaranteed rents at 10% or Far East, 3 years at 8% then profit share, or riskier Philippines share scheme!, or safer 6 to 7% yields guaranteed in France)

Capital Growth. (ie. where do you think will grow fastest)

Either route you have to look at your own personal tax situation vis a vis the country you were buying in.

According to Global Property Research group, they had Cairo as the top net buy to let investment, yielding around 11% net. With good capital appreciation too.

You have to factor in hassle, and how hands on you wish to be. And also there is no magic answer, just work and the environment is always changing. Good luck.

J

jun222

My book keeper and my neighbour have just been. Both said it was tatty - even the supposed 5* hotels.
Its a bit too far away for me as an investor and I thought too hot in summer to attract sufficient rentals. A lot of property is being built there so over supply could well undermine rent yields.

I've seen pictures of the new developments such as Hurgada but all looks a bit faux and Las Vegas - for example faux Egyptian collumns along the beach.

I just think there are better opportunites a lot closer to home such as Meditereanean Morocco just a 3 hour flight with big Govt backed developments.
I thinkk you are wrong...I believe it to be a great area. There is so much going on here....There is a huge theme park that is being built, DUBAILAND, just like Disneyland. Cause of this there are going to be employees, service industry people renting apartments. Throughout the year it is so hard to find spaces in Hotels. You have to book way in advance. People are inquiring everyday for housing.

Another area, DUBAI SILICON OASIS, is being built. This is supppossed to be the technology hub for this area. All the major technological companies are opening their offices here. For this many residential buildings are being constructed. Shopping Malls, hospitals, a new Academic University, parks, supermarkets.

I just told you about 2 projects. There are so many more in development. i would advise you to think about it again and make a journey here yourself. Once you see in yourself you will then realise what its all about.

B

bocko

I am looking to invest in property, I am purely looking to make money on the property not use it for a holiday home, I have been looking at Dubai, Southern Cyprus but I’m concerned I’m to late, I am also considering Northern Cyprus & Bulgaria, the prices are great but I’m not sure on the risks invoiced or the predicted return I could receive.

I have also looked at the USA as property is hitting rock bottom but again I’m not sure if or when it will go back up.

If anybody knows where the best places overseas to invest I would really appreciate some advice.

Thank you

James
Hey PyramidJames,
I am located in Bulgaria. If you need help or assistance in buying land in Bulgaria let me know, Because of the many SCAM offers I am considering to start doing business with consulting foreign property investors.
Regards
Bocko

T

The Soup Dragon

its real pictures and believe me from each flat balcony you have amazing sea view
Regards
I’ve clicked on your thumbnails to enlarge them and accept the first four are indeed pictures (fifth one still looks like an artists impression.)

Top row, middle picture. Flats in foreground don’t look like they have amazing sea views, but I’m sure others looking at picture will decide for themselves.

I

Investy

I thinkk you are wrong...I believe it to be a great area. There is so much going on here....There is a huge theme park that is being built, DUBAILAND, just like Disneyland. Cause of this there are going to be employees, service industry people renting apartments. Throughout the year it is so hard to find spaces in Hotels. You have to book way in advance. People are inquiring everyday for housing.

Another area, DUBAI SILICON OASIS, is being built. This is supppossed to be the technology hub for this area. All the major technological companies are opening their offices here. For this many residential buildings are being constructed. Shopping Malls, hospitals, a new Academic University, parks, supermarkets.

I just told you about 2 projects. There are so many more in development. i would advise you to think about it again and make a journey here yourself. Once you see in yourself you will then realise what its all about.

I was passing on comments from people I know that have just been to Sharm in Egypt, not Dubai.

Egypt I think will have masses of supply of property and its a longer flight than I wanted. Morocco is 1/2 as far, has more diverse landscapes - deserts and ski resorts, and is very focused on the higher end market which marks out as fairly unique compared to Egypt, Turkey, Portugal, Bulgaria etc which do not have this unique focus on the higher end. In other words Morocco is doing something different and in investment - difference counts.

Thats not to sday there wont be budget Morrocan developments, its just the Government emphasis is very much on the higher end (see Emmars Morccan developments for example - really breathtaking high end stuff, to include up market ski resort - in Morocco!)

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
I’ve clicked on your thumbnails to enlarge them and accept the first four are indeed pictures (fifth one still looks like an artists impression.)

Top row, middle picture. Flats in foreground don’t look like they have amazing sea views, but I’m sure others looking at picture will decide for themselves.
may be when you ari hurghada one day i will take you and show you its real
Regards

Troyano

Troyano

One of the main risks for investors in this region will be hurricanes. I appreciate any such problems will apply to the East coast, but please tell us what you can about hurricanes affecting Cost Rica and provide links that will help alleviate people’s fears.[/QUOTE]

Hello The Soup Dragon,
is very good you ask this question, this is some details about our weather.
TEMPERATURE

Due to the fact that Costa Rica is located between 8 and 12 degrees north of the Equator, we do not suffer the drastic changes of temperatures between one seasonal period and another, that characterize the temperate and cold zones. The major part of the Costa Rican territory enjoys thermal stability throughout the year. In some zones of Guanacaste, the increase in temperature is associated with the dry season and the large amount of daylight hours with clear skies.

Altitudinal Variation
The parameter that does produce temperature changes is the altitude, and because Costa Rica is a country with great altitudinal variations ( from sea level to more than 3800 meters ),this effect is considered of great importance. In the highlands the temperatures are low during the whole year. At high elevations the temperature can drop many degrees during the coldest hours of the night, ( in the highest points the temperature can go below 0 C ) but increase with the sunlight during the daylight.

At the other extreme to this situation are the lowlands, where temperatures do not descend less than 20 C and not higher than 30 C. In the major part of the Central Valley, the maximum temperature ( around 28 C ) is reached a little after midday and descends gradually to about 20 C around 7:00 p.m. It stays stable during the night and reaches the minimum ( around 18 C ) around 4:00 a.m., it overcomes the 20 C point at 7:00 a.m. and increases gradually to midday.

This pattern of daily oscillation is constant during the whole year, although, naturally, during the rainy season the temperatures tend to be lower and descend faster during the afternoon. The hibernation fronts in december and january make the temperature descend considerably.

It has been talked of in recent years about global warming of our planet. The intense industrial outpourings and the growing world population are in part responsible for some of these changes. The fact is that a general change in the planets´s temperature would implicate a change in distribution patterns of rainfall, in the sea level and other climatic factors all over the world.
WINDS

Because Costa Rica is located in the northern hemisphere, the dominant winds of its climate are the north easterly trade winds.

The Northern Winds
The northern winds are cold and dry winds that blow in our national territory in December and January. Because of the cold weather in the North American continent during this time of the year, the zone of high pressure intensifies to a latitude approx. 30 degrees North and these winds descend to the south reaching our territory. These cold and dry winds penetrate until the Central Valley in Costa Rica, producing the typical climate of the end of the year.
RAINFALL

In Costa Rica there are no real dry zones, because the minimum rainfall is of 1200 mm per year ( 48 inches ). On the other hand, there are zones with 8000 mm ( 320 inches ) of rainfall per year.

In general terms, in Costa Rica we can talk about 2 rainfall regimes:

The Pacific ( often called tropical ),characterised by a very well defined dry season, and the Caribbean ( many times called equatorial ) , with the permanent influence of the north easterly trade winds and without a dry season.

In the Caribbean regime, there are 2 very different systems. On one side, the coast lowlands and northern plains, that present a notable decrease of rainfall during March and April and sometimes September, and on the other side, the mountains and slopes exposed to the trade winds, where it rains all year long without appreciable interruption.

The fundamental characteristic of the climate of the Pacific is the presence of a dry season that lasts for 4 months and more in some zones. Also there is an important characteristic, a short dry period during half of the year, known as veranillos ( little summers )

Rainy Season
During this period, the Pacific region is inside the convergence zone, where the winds from the west strengths those already existing and produce the rainy season with all its intensity. This period extends from mid May to the end of November, and it is only interrupted by the veranillos. ( little summers ). The veranillos last for a period of one to two weeks , almost always in July, where precipitation decreases considerably in all the Pacific Zone. When it occurs early ( end of June ),its known popularly as " Veranillo de San Juan ", if it occurs in July or beginning of August, sometimes with alternatives of dry and rainy days, the countryside men know it as caniculas. This phenomena, is due, basically to the changes of the zenithal position of the sun.

Rainfall in the Osa Peninsula
The region of the South Pacific receives considerably more rainfall than Guanacaste and the north of Puntarenas, and so much more than many localities of the Caribbean. Nevertheless, different than the Caribbean, this region has a period with a defined decrease of rainfall.

Storms in the Pacific
During the summer in the north ( from July to end of November ),frequently, zones of low pressure are formed in the Caribbean region, where winds are produced that rotate in opposition to clockwise to the centre of the depression. This produces strong winds and rain in the Pacific Region that sometimes may turn into hurricanes. Costa Rica is far away from the preferential route of hurricanes, this is why we mainly get their indirect effects - to the Pacific Littoral. ( With the exceptions of Joan in 1983 and Mitch in 1998, that dangerously approached our Caribbean coast, causing devastating flooding results.)

If investors are not scare to invest in Miami, then they should not scare to invest in Costa Rica.

J

jvizman

Wow alot of info just to say that it is one of the safest countries in the world! you can buy properties here without having to worry! Because it is written into thier constitution that foriegners have the same right as locals to own properties! it will be titled in your name!!!! Forever!!!!!!

J

jvizman

I have been to Egypt nice place to visit! Great People! I just do not want to live there. i am a American in Costa Rica. I feel more at home here. the way of life is more simular to my own! I would never say that one place is better than another! because it is only a opinion! We each have to decide what is better for each one of us! What I like You may find unlivable! so I say to you judge not for we all have our own way of thinking! It is only with our own eyes that we find beauty!

J

jvizman

Well i am here in Costa Rica and we do not have enough place to rent! People are being froced to rent farther away from the beach because there is just not enough to satisfy the demand! i know i have a couple of places here myself and i must say i am happy with my financial situation here!

J

jvizman

i am here in Costa Rica! So i must say i feel this place may be just what you are looking for!

E

essepi74

I suggest my region: Calabria:D
We have beautiful landscapes and my area is still free, instead the southest is full:)

E

essepi74

The cost of life is low, so the lands and buildings.
The weather is almost good during all the whole year, it's calm and peaceful and we've gorgeous landscapes.
Nite nite;)

I

Investy

Calabria did'nt work for me as an investment case. Season is quite short and there is inssuficient leisure infrastructure to extend the season. The Moroccan Plan Azure developmnents have masses of onsite lesiure facilities, beach and massive marinas to extend the season in the same way Centeparcs do. That way you have a chance of a worthwhile annual yield.

Also a lot of corruption and non natural law in S Italy where the local planners, Mayor and developers are all in bed together.
Italy has had 51 Governments in 53 years.
The winter weather is much better in closer Morocco.

E

essepi74

Hi,
which was the area where did you invested?
I think you have more experience than me. I see, however, there are a lot of business about REI in my region.
In my area there are 3 hospital, a touristic harbour and another for yachts. In a couple of years we will have a new airport and the road will go better.
The season is short and there are no infrastructures because there is a little tourism in some area. If this runs, all thing will go better.
Once there were no buses, but after requests by people for need of study and work, in some years we had those.
When we sent pictures about this area to an English company working on the south of my little town, they soon came and they are making business for building a village.
Working as a translator, I found that my new clients built a beautiful hotel with all the facilities nearby, as golf course, volley ball and tennis course. And in the future there will be also some new bungalows.
Bye bye:)

Status
Not open for further replies.