Flights

D

dave99

How far is it then

don't think you can fly to marsa alam, We got a taxi from marsa alam to Hurghada return last january. Cost a fortune £50, it takes about an hour in a taxi there and an hour back.

Hope this helps.
Peter has stated that its about 180km thats more than a 1 hour drive surely.

It takes 20 mins or so to get to Makadi Bay from the airport so it must be more than 1 hour drive - sometimes takes 10 mins to get through the checkpoints.

J

J4hurghada

Banned

It takes 20 mins or so to get to Makadi Bay from the airport so it must be more than 1 hour drive - sometimes takes 10 mins to get through the checkpoints.
When we did it the taxi driver was barry sheen, check point was very quick through, they did say at hotel it would take hour and half.

Hope this helps

Jayne

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Jayne if your taxi driver was Barry Sheen this could have been your problem! He was World 500cc Motorcycling Champion by my recollection and he died in 2003!!!

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Thanks for the info Peter you must like motor racing. I don't mind getting on the back of Hubbie's motorbike but would rather drive my car.

J

jeremy bright

We paid £900 for 4 people for 2 weeks on 23rd november with XL from Manchester but had to book 4 months in advance, as the weeks get closer the prices go up not down.

hi j4 hurghada you gave me info on using my lap top in hurghada i am also from manchester also has any one got a update on easy jet

queenie40something

queenie40something

Just looking at the easyjet site, they are doing 25% off all seats at the moment so you can fly out one way to hurghada for £94.99 in april which is a bit more reasonable, the returns are slightly more at £139.

Regards
Chris
Hi see above

J

J4hurghada

Banned
hi j4 hurghada you gave me info on using my lap top in hurghada i am also from manchester also has any one got a update on easy jet
I have looked at easyjet but no good for us they do not fly from manchester yet and going from london will cost alot more.

A

awahee123

Banned
Easyjet are quite expensive at the moment.When I checked last week they were very dear and did't have a lot of flights available,if i remember rightly availability was only till the end of April 2008.

L

lovesquadsue

Yep easyjet flights are only available up to april 08 at the moment. Summer 08 route has not been confirmed or released as yet.... i am hoping and praying that they might release a route out of Manchester!! (this might be a long shot but enver say never!)
I have signed up for easyjet updates - you can do this on their website and you can choose the airports you are interested in. Might be a good idea if everyone signed up for the updates showing their interest in the Hurghada route - the more people confirm their interest the more likely they are to keep the route going!

P

propertyborders

Dave I agree with you on this it should take at least 1 and half hour.
Jayne maybe your driver had been drinking Red Bull, its gives you wings lol.

T

try-one

Easyjet - Flights from Gatwick-Hurghada - April 08

Hello,
I apologize if this has been already mentioned on the forum, I just noticed that Easyjet is planning friday flights from Gatwick to Hurghada....may help with the costs and rentals....

T

A

awahee123

Banned
easyjet

Hello,
I apologize if this has been already mentioned on the forum, I just noticed that Easyjet is planning friday flights from Gatwick to Hurghada....may help with the costs and rentals....

T
Hi,

Yes easy jet have come up with the schedule until april 2008 there are only a few flights and they seem quite expensive at the moment,let's hope they come down on their new schedule from may 08 onwards.

L

lyndsay552

Easyjet Update

I've just been on the Easyjet website and they have flights to Sharm right up until the end of sept but they still only have flights to Hurghada in April only.

D

distant dreamer

Flights to Hurghada

I just found out on another forum that Astraeus are stopping their flights from London Gatwick to Hurghada in April sometime. Apparently anyone booked from then on:mad: will be emailed over the next few weeks! This is really not good news. We need more flights not less!

Hope this doesn't affect you.

K

kimkonnoris

Low Cost Flights To Sharm!!!!!!

Ryanair Will Be Flying To Sharm From 1st April.
You Can Go Onto Skyscanner And Book.

K

kimkonnoris

Low Cost Flights?

From 1ST APRIL, EASYJET Are Going To Start To FLY TO SHARM & HURGARDA !!!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Threads merged

All threads in connection with flights to Hurghada have been merged here.

crombiestone

crombiestone

From 1ST APRIL, EASYJET Are Going To Start To FLY TO SHARM & HURGARDA !!!
Hi I think you will find that Easyjet are operating the old GB Airways flights to Hurghada until the end of April only.

There is no summer service to Hurghada with Easyjet but then GB Airways didn't do this either . We can only hope that they take up the winter schedule again later in the year . Rest assured unless it is highly profitable Easyjet will not do this :(.