Estrela Do Atlantico Ponta Negra

E

elephant&castle

Hello thanks for all your posts,

I have just decided to invest through IMG Golden Fields project but was concerned by Mansanares performance as well ad by some posts on IMG.

What would you recommend me>

E

elephant&castle

can kecke3 and rangers please contact me as I am on the same boat so I would like to get in touch with you

A

anricus

I recall from an earlier post that a group of people who visited for the AGM had swapped details in order to consider taking legal action as a group. I was wondering how I might find out about this and whether there is a contact/lawyer who I may contact in order to consider joining this group.

A

anricus

Just wondering if anyone has any more news on the development? In terms of whether more people have moved in? Have the teething problems been fixed?

R

rangers

Hi Anricus,

I dont know more than that, my agent in Natal has completed the acquisition INSPECTION of the apartment, which had a number of deficiencies, which the developer has promised and fix after the last payment. Doing so is an entirely different matter.: (.

Manzanares is my lawyers in this case, negotiating with BI & DI on the size of the last payment.

Regards Rangers

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
Hi Anricus,

I dont know more than that, my agent in Natal has completed the acquisition INSPECTION of the apartment, which had a number of deficiencies, which the developer has promised and fix after the last payment. Doing so is an entirely different matter.: (.

Manzanares is my lawyers in this case, negotiating with BI & DI on the size of the last payment.

Regards Rangers
Never make the last payment until any deficiencies have been fixed. Once the developer has your money he will not care about you.

D

Danny44

Agree with both comments above. You need to do another inspection before you pay anything! Given how few apartments are occupied at present it may be the case that Bi&Di are trying to take advantage of the fact that you are in Europe. My best advice would be to be here in natal to complete the payments, I just wouldn't trust anyones word. They talk a great game but they are not so good at the doing part.

There is still no condo payments in place even though we have cleaners, gardeners, security ect. All these people need paid and I can only assume that Bi&Di need money coming in which could be the reason that they are so keen on you paying asap? In typical Brazilian fashion it's all a bit half assed!

J

Jethro

Obelisk in Brazil

I've been reading all the threads relating to Estrela Do Atlantico de Nord and recognise many of the problems with my own Brazilian investment that I have with Obelisk International and where the lawyers are Manzanares.
They completely disregard contracts because they know that any disputes must be resolved in a Brazilian court and this will take a long time and much money so they beleive they will always cut a a deal good for them.
They rarely communicate unless the information is squeezed out of them and transparency is almost none existant. Manzanares are Obelisks lawyers and have acted for Obelisk on a number of projects so little help is forthcoming from them, they both have offices in Marbella in Spain.
The return of my capital investment is long overdue and I have doubts that I will ever see it again. I am researching which agencies I can contact that may bring me some justice. There are words to describe people like those who run Obelisk and none of them are pleasant.

Jethro

K

kim666

Hi, am buying apartment on 34th floor through manzares international lawyers. Can never get to speak to my lawyer. We have paid our final installment to manzares, but are still waiting for completion. Is anyone else in the same position? We also bought through obelisk.

M

MarciaLima

Banned
Hi

There are some government agency that could be helpful regarding your problems with this company and law firm.

You could contact Procon, that is a government agency that deal specifically with customer issues. This company which sold the property could receive a fine if they don't obey the Customer Law. However, this agency can not force them to refund your investments.

Regarding the law firm issues, the due agency to complain, if they are Brazilian, is the OAB (the Brazilian Bar Association).

But if they deny to refund the investments made or fees paid, it is necessary taking them to the court. Although could be expensive to do that, there are some ways that could save money, as the benefit of unpaid court costs and a flexible lawyer.

E

elephant&castle

There are apparently many people in similar situation - have you personally checked what is the building status - has it been completed? Have you inspected it? Most of projects are never delivered on time, but your final payment should not been collected unless they have had paint on walls of your appartment.

E

elephant&castle

What is needed a group response to Manzanares and contractors issues through Brazilian government and court. There are numerous court cases are now registered on these companies in Brazil. Dont act alone and plan a joint action

R

rangers

Hi all,

No I was shocked but not entirely surprised.

To me it seems that no one has paid the last installment.
Manzanares has even put my 3 part payment in escrow because of the delays. But you've already had to pay all four partial payments to the BI & DI.

Is it long since you paid the last installment?
Have you got the keys and papers, showing that you are the rightful owner of the apartment?

Maybe time for an independent law firm, which specializes in Estate Agents disputes, preferably Brazilian with a good reputation!

A

anricus

I too would be interested in joining a class action, but do not know which legal firm to use. I have had similar hassle getting any contact or responses from Manzanares, and BIDI are not much better either.

D

DTC

Hello,

I have bought some plots in Green Land´s developments and this brought to me many frustrations and losses. I and other investors hired a lawyer which is enforcing lawsuits against that company to recover our investments. The case seems strong and we are hopeful to achieve success. If you need some more information just send a message to me.

W

Wack666

Hi DTC, who is the Lawyer you hired to enforce the lawsuit?

I have been told by Manzanares that the developer of Estrela Do Atlantico, Bi&Di are again not honouring the contract and refusing to pay any delay of completion.

I would be very interested to know how your case is progressing and would like to speak with your lawyer with regards to Bi&Di

Regards

Patrick

E

elephant&castle

Hi Patrick

I have not invested into Estrela but into Golden Fields but judging the pattern of events, there will be a similar scenario in the future with my investment as with yours. I know however someone who also in Estrela and may want to join your forces.
get in touch privately with me please 07706996408

P

PeterV

Banned
why does everybody uses the ame lawyer

We SEARCHED on Property Community for the name of the international law firm that, for one reason or another, everybody seems to be using.
That particular name produced a long list of projects, each of which with legal problems. Either they never started constructing, or something else bad happened.
In all cases the, mostly foreign, investors were victimized and lost money.

Am I the only one noticing this??

Hi Wack666,

I am going to send the lawyer's dates by private message.

My case is like Estrela do Mar case as I have bought some plots in Palma do Mar (maybe you have hearded about it in this forum) and they never delivered the plots as promessed.

The lawyer came to UK and made a presentation explaining the the case, the Brazilian law applied, the estimation time, precedents our chances, and what is being claimed (refund of investment, tort, interestes, penalties, so on). It is likely that beside the investment that we made, we will receive some funds in addition.

Actually, we are a group of 15 investors who alredy filed the lawsuit, and at the moment, and we are hopeful that this will be fixed.

Regards

Last edited:
P

PeterV

Banned
why are people banned?

Why are people who provide smart advise, like this MarciaLima, is being BANNED after only 2 postings?

Don't we all want justice?

Hi

There are some government agency that could be helpful regarding your problems with this company and law firm.

You could contact Procon, that is a government agency that deal specifically with customer issues. This company which sold the property could receive a fine if they don't obey the Customer Law. However, this agency can not force them to refund your investments.

Regarding the law firm issues, the due agency to complain, if they are Brazilian, is the OAB (the Brazilian Bar Association).

But if they deny to refund the investments made or fees paid, it is necessary taking them to the court. Although could be expensive to do that, there are some ways that could save money, as the benefit of unpaid court costs and a flexible lawyer.

D

DTC

Hi PeterV

I understand your concern, and I agree with you that we must be very careful before to choose any lawyer (Nobert wrote a great post about it: http://www.propertyforum.com/forum/brazil-property/24859-lawyer.html).

This lawyer who I refered is an independent lawyer based in Brazil and was refered for a Brazilian friend who already hired her services and is satisfied with them.

So I believe, that the most risks in hiring lawyers is hiring them without any good reference.

We SEARCHED on Property Community for the name of the international law firm that, for one reason or another, everybody seems to be using.
That partcular name produced a long list of projects, each of which with legal problems. Either they never started constructing, or something else bad happened.
In all cases the, mostly foreign, investors were victimized and lost money.

Am I the only one noticing this?

R

rangers

Hi DTC, who is the Lawyer you hired to enforce the lawsuit?

I have been told by Manzanares that the developer of Estrela Do Atlantico, Bi&Di are again not honouring the contract and refusing to pay any delay of completion.

I would be very interested to know how your case is progressing and would like to speak with your lawyer with regards to Bi&Di

Regards

Patrick
Hey Patrick,

Have you talked to the Manzanares recently?

Have not had contact with either them or Obelisk of months.

Have sent several mails without them responded back.

While BI & DI answer my emails, BI & DI have tried to contact the Manzanares but with no luck.

Is not inconceivable that there are Obelisk / Manzanares as obstructing the takeover. Considering how much money they earn just in interest on the delay.

With the interest level in Brazil, and the amount of money they have in escrow?
They have maybe several thousand £ a month, in interest.

Is just a suspicion I have. Given all that has lost large sums of money on other projects Obelisk has sold!

By all means, I'm not defending BI & DI doubt that they are interested and give us price reductions.

Regards Rangers

W

Wack666

Hi Rangers, I have had a number of emails from Manzanares but no response from Bi&Di.
Manzanares emailed me to inform me that all the licences were now in place but Bi&Di were refusing (yet again) to honour the contract and pay (deduct from the final payment) compensation for the 13 month delay. Manzanares asked me what I would like to do now.
I have emailed Manzanares and Bi&Di and stated that I wish to get this deal completed as soon as possible and I am willing to pay the final payment minus €4000 delay of completion. I have not had a response yet.
I have emailed Alison Kane at Obelisk and set 'read' receipts on my emails. Alison has read the emails but hasn't replied. To be honest Obelisk are not interested and do not have any legal obligation regarding the development as Alison has mentioned to me before.

I expect to get a response from Manzanares soon and hope for a response from Bi&Di.
I will keep you posted