Estrela Do Atlantico Ponta Negra

J

JOHNALANROBERTS

Good evening ,Good to here of your success,finally.Have just booked to travel to Natal later this year....if you would like to pool ideas contact me on 07980267713 tomorrow daytime would be good..regards

T

Traceace

Hi, if you need somebody to manage your apartement, and to fit it out, I have contacts in Natal, who are English, who are involved in this line of work. Until you go out there, you wont realise how bad the quality of the furniture is, its bloody aweful. Also trust nobody out there, especially the Brazilians, you will only here what they they think you want to here, and never pay to much up front, this is what they always ask, at least 80% up front, then thats the last you will see of them. we can get bespoke furniture made, but again its not cheap. What are you hopeing to do with your apatement, rent, or just use it for yourself. My contact number is 07867976404 . Laurence
Hello everyone,

Finally got mail from BI & DI to take over the apartment.
Assumes that everyone else got the same email!

But it said nothing about the delay discount in the mail.

Want good advice on how I should get fitted furniture, kitchen / bathroom fittings, etc. .....? without having to travel down to Natal and do it for myself!

Regards Rangers

D

Danny44

Hey rangers

Delighted to hear your news, as yet we have no confirmation of any kind from bi&di. We were in the complex yesterday talking to the builders (we annoy them every couple of weeks for updates) and they seem to be under the impression July will be the very earliest for habitation. Does your mail actually say you can have the keys? Or did they invite you to a vistoria (inspection) of the apt?
We now have met other local people here who have also purchased in Estrela. Everyone here has been given different information from the company via email over the past weeks. For example one was told october other was august and they refuse to give us any info on when we will get the keys? There is no consistency with this company.

On the furniture side of things we found a local company here called Bentec(h) who fully fit out apartments. Their material is a very good quality and we were quoted $R15,000 for a full furnish job. I believe they have a web site to see their work. They did the furniture fit of both show apartments in the complex. And they seem the best in natal that I have found, more European standard that Brazilian.

Best luck

R

rangers

Danny it looks like you're right, it's in the mail that the apartment is ready for inspection after they have finished construction.

But here in Norway, it usually means that the apartment is ready to take over, but after all that you and others have experienced, it would not surprise me that first apartment is finished for Christmas: (.

The apartment is located in Torre A, as I understood you, slightly behind apartments in Torre B!

Here are words just what was in the mail (there was also an attachment in Portugese, which was among other things, that there was a ten-day inspection period before the apartment was deemed approved by the buyer).
<<< Dear Sir or Madam,
We make reference to Estrela do Atlantico Project to inform you that the construction works are concluded. In addition, we kindly request you to contact us to schedule the final inspection in your apartment, so we can conclude the procedures to deliver your apartment>>>.

Will also contact the agent that I've been in contact with in Natal. (Many thanks to Wack666 who gave me contact information to the agent Ana Claudia Natal).

Has sent an email to Manzanares concerning this inspection e-mail I have received, waiting for a response from the Manzanares.

Regards rangers

R

rangers

John Alan,

I agree with you that we have to keep in touch, but my knowledge in spoken English is very limited, therefore I think that my bad English Dictionary, is my best form of communication.

But can send my mail address on a private message to you here on the Property Community.com

Regards Rangers

D

Danny44

Hi rangers

We did our inspection on 28 march and believed it would be a very short space of time to have the keys delivered. I'm not sure if you are aware that you must attend this inspection or have someone do it on your behalf or you will lose the guarantee from the company. We found very small faults when we went. I would ask the estate agent to organise someone to inspect on your behalf. Also I would request that they take photos for you of what they found in the inspection as it will give you evidence that they actually did go and inspect. It would be so easy for someone to say they did an inspection without you being in the country.

Best luck

W

Wack666

Hi all, sorry haven't posted for a while, have to work!
I received the email from Bi&Di requesting I inspect the apartment so the sale could be concluded.
I have emailed Manzanares regarding this but still waiting for a reply. As someone said the email states you should visit within 10 days, so really could do with Manzanares getting back to me.
I am going to speak to Alison Kane @ Obelisk regarding the furniture pack as according to the builder and developer this is the responsibility of Abreu Imovis who are the 'Estate Agents' handling this project.
I do have Ana Claudia (terra verde Imoveis) to handle the inspection and snagging. The lawyer at Manzanares has said Terra Verde Imoveis have looked after a number of clients in Natal and are genuine and reliable, that is certainly my opinion of Ana.
I'll keep you posted.

B

BNA

Hi to fellow investors

Hi All
I have been told my apartment is ready for me to complete which involves me paying the remaining half of the purchase price.
Can anyone please tell me what valuations they have had on the current selling price for the Estrelo do Atlantico apartments?
I am trying to ascertain whether to go ahead with the purchase or walk away from it as I am very strapped for funds at present having made some very bad investments through Obelisk and Aston Lloyd. I also will have to completely kit out the apartment and I would be grateful if anyone could give me an idea of what that would cost including white goods and soft furnishings etc.
If anyone has a realistic view of the real growth potential for the area I would love to hear from them obviously I am somewhat sceptical now of anything these property investment companies are telling me.

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

D

Danny44

email from Bi & DI

Here is a badly translated email from the company! the last line says it all! "may be living there in 60 days"

I am here to clarify any doubts that Mrs.. has in relation to the project in no time missed clearly with relation to nothing, and have been here ever available and accessible to Mme. We are not hiding, just had to stand off (since the area was rented),but had many problems of infrastructure and installation in the new area that would work and we had to change plans, so I still do not have a physical space capable of receiving our customers.
We are installing elsewhere and soon the office back to normal.

Since it is not the first time that Mme. mentions something he heard from someone, are few people who really know with precision what happens in the venture, I am one of them and clarify that the date mentioned in your email has never been disclosed by us.

Since the beginning of the year that our work is completed, but we know that the procedures related releases from government agencies, cartotio, etc ... are beyond our possibilities of controlling them, just so his contract predicts tolerance of 180 days.

The number of our protocol in the prefecture is 005338/2012-10 and query it to Mme. see that the same day was issued 22/05/2012. Faced with this great news I am pleased to inform it within 60 days of Mme. may be living in your apartment (if all contractual requirements and procedures are ok).

D

Danny44

Hi All
I have been told my apartment is ready for me to complete which involves me paying the remaining half of the purchase price.
Can anyone please tell me what valuations they have had on the current selling price for the Estrelo do Atlantico apartments?
I am trying to ascertain whether to go ahead with the purchase or walk away from it as I am very strapped for funds at present having made some very bad investments through Obelisk and Aston Lloyd. I also will have to completely kit out the apartment and I would be grateful if anyone could give me an idea of what that would cost including white goods and soft furnishings etc.
If anyone has a realistic view of the real growth potential for the area I would love to hear from them obviously I am somewhat sceptical now of anything these property investment companies are telling me.

Many thanks for any help you can provide.
Hi,

It would depend on what floor your apt is on as to what the value would be. For example today floor 15-20 are valued at around R$280,000 as they sit ie. no fixtures and fittings. Its possible to sell in this condition as Brazilains dont seem to care too much, unlike us europeans.

As for a costing on fitting the apartment is dependant on your budget. We have been quoted $R15,000 by a company here, but the standard is very high and mostly imported units from europe. Im sure you could do a fit for less than half of that and still look acceptable. The difference is that we are going to live there all year round so we require the best. A gas cooker starts at $R250.00, fridge/freezer starts $R1500.00, european style washing machine $R2500.00, Tub style washing machine $R800.00. Microwave $R300.00. Average cost of a kitchen untis for this apt $R2500.00. Cheapest sofa I have seen is around $R700. Of course you can go to alecrim in the city centre and buy all of this stuff second hand much cheaper

As for selling I really dont know what to advise you to do. They are building blocks of apartments all over ponta negra right now, the market seems flooded with choice. They have not sold all of the units in estrela as yet, so moving it might prove difficult on that basis. The property market out here is a little strange at best, but if I were you I would do everything I could to try and complete the deal. Property price are rising and while they are slower in Rio/Sampa they are still on an upward curve in the NE from what I see. Long term it could claw you back a little return on your losses elsewhere.

Valeu

W

Wack666

Hi BNA, I have purchased an apartment - 203A which is valued at around £59000 so less than I paid for it! It is true that the higher the floor, the higher the price.
I am disappointed in the sale price but that's the way it is so I am hanging on to mine and renting out (hopefully).
Apparently Areu Imovis cannot now supply the furniture pack so I am going to have to get an alternative. The original price for the furniture pack that included Air Con was €8990 (quite expensive as it turns out) so maybe it is a blessing this is not going to be supplied.

As Danny44 says, there are plenty of apartments to choose from so off loading yours at the moment may be difficult ( I have tried selling mine last year before it had completed and only had one viewing. The interested partie liked the apartment but not impressed with the view from the second floor)
Personally I think Obelisk 'screwed' me with the apartment and charged top whack for the lower floor!

As for growth, Natal is a host city for the 2014 World Cup (might improve prices in 12-18 months) and middle Brazillians on the whole are getting more disposable income, whether this will stretch to an apartment/second home in Natal who knows.

Danny44 - can you tell me which company quoted you for the fit out and does this include air Con? I am very interested as I need to get mine fitted out, ideally to a quite high standard
Regards

D

Danny44

Hi BNA, I have purchased an apartment - 203A which is valued at around £59000 so less than I paid for it! It is true that the higher the floor, the higher the price.
I am disappointed in the sale price but that's the way it is so I am hanging on to mine and renting out (hopefully).
Apparently Areu Imovis cannot now supply the furniture pack so I am going to have to get an alternative. The original price for the furniture pack that included Air Con was €8990 (quite expensive as it turns out) so maybe it is a blessing this is not going to be supplied.

As Danny44 says, there are plenty of apartments to choose from so off loading yours at the moment may be difficult ( I have tried selling mine last year before it had completed and only had one viewing. The interested partie liked the apartment but not impressed with the view from the second floor)
Personally I think Obelisk 'screwed' me with the apartment and charged top whack for the lower floor!

As for growth, Natal is a host city for the 2014 World Cup (might improve prices in 12-18 months) and middle Brazillians on the whole are getting more disposable income, whether this will stretch to an apartment/second home in Natal who knows.

Danny44 - can you tell me which company quoted you for the fit out and does this include air Con? I am very interested as I need to get mine fitted out, ideally to a quite high standard
Regards
Hi wack

The company name is Bentec They have a web site .co.br. They have a lot of imported fittings and their showroom is very impressive. There is also a phone number on that web site. The specialize in space saving furniture which appealed to us greatly. This would not include air con. What I have seen in the last year is a drop in prices for air con units. If you end up coming out for the fitting I would suggest that you go to Alicrim (Natal city centre) which is cheaper than most places around ponta negra,

The Brazilian Real is on a sort of freefall at the moment which means if this continues your setrling buys you a lot more, and your property price may look a lot less also!

The views from floors 1-5 is very poor, no sea view at all hence they are much lower in price, and it seems more difficult to sell. A friend of mine looked at an apt on the 3rd floor and they seemed very keen to cut prices to offload the apartment, they were not so keen to offer the same deal on anything above floor 10. Your rental opportunity would be good though. It seems there is more demand here in Natal for rentals then for sales.

Best luck

debzor

debzor

Hi wack

The company name is Bentec They have a web site .co.br. They have a lot of imported fittings and their showroom is very impressive. There is also a phone number on that web site. The specialize in space saving furniture which appealed to us greatly. This would not include air con. What I have seen in the last year is a drop in prices for air con units. If you end up coming out for the fitting I would suggest that you go to Alicrim (Natal city centre) which is cheaper than most places around ponta negra,

The Brazilian Real is on a sort of freefall at the moment which means if this continues your setrling buys you a lot more, and your property price may look a lot less also!

The views from floors 1-5 is very poor, no sea view at all hence they are much lower in price, and it seems more difficult to sell. A friend of mine looked at an apt on the 3rd floor and they seemed very keen to cut prices to offload the apartment, they were not so keen to offer the same deal on anything above floor 10. Your rental opportunity would be good though. It seems there is more demand here in Natal for rentals then for sales.

Best luck
Hi Danny

With reference to the store Bentec - did you research a number of other options, and found they are the best at offering a decent product at a decent price, or was this the only one you checked out?

I have found the same company in Recife, and would appreciate your input to save me some shoe leather!

D

Danny44

debzor

We have been in a lot of furniture outlets due to our eternal wait on the completion of this apartment. While there are a lot cheaper options out there we felt that this company was the best that we have seen so far. It is higher quaiity than the others. For example they fit kitchens with electric ceramic hob cookers which is rare enough here it seems. Also the staff were very clear on pricing and timescales, overall seemed very professional. It really is a personal choice at the end of the day.

Hope this helps

debzor

debzor

debzor

We have been in a lot of furniture outlets due to our eternal wait on the completion of this apartment. While there are a lot cheaper options out there we felt that this company was the best that we have seen so far. It is higher quaiity than the others. For example they fit kitchens with electric ceramic hob cookers which is rare enough here it seems. Also the staff were very clear on pricing and timescales, overall seemed very professional. It really is a personal choice at the end of the day.

Hope this helps
Hi Danny

Just back from visiting the Bentec store in Recife. As you say, the best quality but not the cheapest... If you are living here, they can provide the best, but if you are only going to be here part time then maybe Jirander Pires or Tok & Stok might have better prices for reasonable quality. Do you have these in Natal?

If you are going to rent long term, then Tok & Stok or even some basic rural hardwood furniture might do...

Many thanks for pointing me to this store.

B

bryanthomesjones

Has anybody actually received their keys, or started furnishing their apartments.

D

Danny44

Just an update on some movement here from bi&di. We were invited to a second inspection of the apartment on Friday past. Everything in torre B is now good to go. All apartments are finished. We were lucky to find an employee who happily gave us a full tour of both torre A & B, were even on the roof of both. Sadly torre A is not in a condition that would be classed as habitable right now, still a lot of finishing touches to be completed. At the end of 2011 they were quite adamant that no keys would be given until both towers were complete. Unfortunatley the girl did not know and would not comment if this was still the case.

Finally we have been invited on 29 June to a condominium meeting at the complex to elect a residents council and vote on ground rules (pets ect and what is acceptable or not). It is the hope that we may gain a few answers at this meeting as there are quite a few investors who are far from happy with the situation as it stands. Will post again at the weekend with what transpires at this meeting.

D

Danny44

We attended the reunion/condominium meeting last night which was nothing like what we had expected. The meeting descended into chaos within 10 minutes of starting and it is now very clear to us that Bi&Di are not being very honest in the dealings they are having with investors. The meeting was attended by around 50/60 people, mostly couples/families which would probably convert into 25/30 apartments being represented, the rest I would assume are overseas investors

Below are the main areas of concern for people like ourselves.

1. The meeting was chaired by a spokesperson from the condominium company, they will clean and maintain the building day to day. They informed us they the meeting was to vote and decide what fees and charges would apply as a monthly fee. Very quickly the subject moved from this to when keys will be available. At this point we were told there was no representation from Bi&Di at the meeting and the chaos/shouting/screaming began.

In short nobody was prepared to enter into any kind of agreement until keys were in hand.

It also appears that not all the paperwork is in order and they are still missing one registration document called averbacao which in simple terms is the registration of the habite se. No estimate of timescales could be given as to how long this will take.

2. As the meeting descended in to bedlam a lawyer representing Bi&Di suddenly made himself known. He took the floor and basically talked nonsense before he too was shouted down and made his exit. He informed us the Bi&Di have only sold 34% of all units in the complex and therefore own 65% of the voting rights on all matters in relation to the complex. At this point we were then introduced to the newly elected (solely by Bi&Di) president and chairman of the residents council.

3. Next we were informed that Bi&Di are no longer selling any more apartments at this time. The lawyer refused to answer questions on this matter. I can confirm that it appears to be true as i contacted a few real estate people today who had previous connections to estrela, nobody was selling there now, nobody could tell me or suggest who to contact regarding a purchase. This for me is very strange. In short whilst Bi&Di have control of 51% or more of the complex we dont have a voice and are obliged to dance to their tune. There are now very few builders left on site and given the amount of work still to be completed in torre a I can only conclude that we will not be seeing keys anytime soon. My personal opinion based on last nights debacle would be we will not be living there in 2012. Also for those who are thinking of selling now as a way out, BI&Di have to approve the sale? I shudder to think how any of this can be legal. They also intimated that no compensation would be given to us for delays.

4. Finally as happens with most chaos in brazil it went violent, a chair and a laptop were broken. Very funny if it were not such an important topic for us. Like many we left before the conclusion as there was no way that any form of agreement could be met by anyone present. People had flown here from brasilia in the belief that they were being given a date for completion only to be met with this mad nonsense. A room full of very angry and emotionally charged people!

On the way out we met a guy who has bought 3 apartments in torre a, he has been trying to buy 2 more for the past month and he says they are just not interested in selling. He had a theory which I hope is not true. The price of a 2 bed apt per day for the world cup 2014 will be estimated at $R1000 per day for the month of the competition. He believes that Bi&Di are holding out to cash in on this and that they will continue to delay to fulfil their purpose! I hope hes wrong, but based on whats happening here I couldnt be sure!

Hearing from local people and how they have been treated was quite shocking. One lady had a letter telling her that her apartment was ready and she would collect the keys, it was dated september 2010. Needless to say she was far from complimentary in her speech, but she was only one of many!

There was a guy who has taken all email and phone details of those who attended with the aim of starting a collective "action" group, if this happens or not remains to be seen but hopefully it will. As gringos we are better letting the brazilians fight this as their voices carry much more weight in the justice system than ours would.

Sorry to be so negative but the one really positive thing to come of all of the nonsense is that at night when its all lit up this is one really beautiful place to live, it will be the best of its type in Natal, finished to the highest standard. If we only knew when!

Danny

W

Wack666

Hi Danny44, that is an excellent post, thank you for the first hand information. I am sending the details to my lawyer for his views.
I had a response from Ana Claudia (my estate agent rep in Natal) She had inspected my apartment on 26th June and emailed to say there were too many issues to list and would be revisiting to get these issues resolved.
I will ask her if her firm are still selling apartments and if she can get any information from Bi&Di
Will post later
Paddy

W

Wack666

Hi all, I emailed Ana Claudia for a response regarding the questions and issues raised in the meeting that Danny44 reported on and this is the reply:

"I am a bit more optmistic then him and I think he just forgot one thing: Bi&Di is not the builder, Ecocil is. Bi&Di hired Ecocil and therefore they have to finish the blocks. I am used to this final settlements and habite-se really takes long. As far as I know, there was a bank behind Bi&Di and habite-se is the condition for giving them the final payments, so I imagine they are in a hurry to finish too.
All construction companies I know have delayed they works here in Natal. MRV, one of the largests in Brazil is late over two years, for several reasons.
They might have stopped selling for a while, perhaps as they are very strict on having people showing the apartments before having habite-se or because they really are holding the apartments for world cup. But you shouldn´t be worrying about that as for their own interest, they will have to keep the house in order...
Regards,
Ana"
Ana is correct as HSBC are the bank funding behind Bi&Di so they will want to get finished soon to get their final payments unless Bi&Di want Ecocil to delay
Ana also mentions they could be thinking of holding out untill the World Cup but 'our' apartments should be available.
Who knows! I have emailed my lawyer for his views/responses but have not yet received a reply.
Anyone else with any news or views?
Paddy