Dubai chapter of the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
really_true

really_true

Roshan - Forming a syndicate and managing it may become a full time business .It requires resources -It requires comittment . We can do this . I think first of all since we have a Unity of purpose that is the first hurdle over come --unfortunately its summer and im leaving for a few days of Holidays Once i come back ill sit with u roshan and work out the details .Provided in a span of 30 odd days the whole impetus hasnt died down we need to keep our spirts
high-- if we can take this really through it would be great

RT

really_true

really_true

Saleem investors and real estates have to CO EXIST we cannot stop any one from attending
but U will have conflicting intrests. Tell me can u be a buyer and a seller in the same deal .
Yes we will have variety of ppl agencies etc etc willing t o be a part of this syndicate .
As a part of a syndicate u have to take a stand u cant be BOTH.
My suggestion is u attend and welcome any time and More the merrier but dont represent a realestate your suggestion and contributions are very welcome but please dont undermine the purpose of the syndicate -- This is what we precisely want to avoid . No one can travel in two boats at the same time -just choose whatever u wish to be a part of the syndicate or a part of ur real esate agency .

Dont misundersand me we(THE SYNDICATE ) need real esates etc without them we have no projects to invest in but it helps if we keep it as agood quality group -- at the same time we dont need information of our actions to be floating around freely it may mar a deal or two

But all in all ALL are welcome -MOre the merrier .Rules Apply

R

Roshan

Roshan - Forming a syndicate and managing it may become a full time business .It requires resources -It requires comittment . We can do this . I think first of all since we have a Unity of purpose that is the first hurdle over come --unfortunately its summer and im leaving for a few days of Holidays Once i come back ill sit with u roshan and work out the details .Provided in a span of 30 odd days the whole impetus hasnt died down we need to keep our spirts

RT
It's not a full time business. A group of members will take the lead for meetings. Nobody will start investing on the first meeting. You need to have regular meetings. From what I see only the meetings will be an effort which can be divided between members who are willing to take the responsibility.

Nobody will have ulterior motives. This is a non profit organization. No fees for any membership. The community will be built on the lines of ethics, team work. The members attending will only share the cost of the hall/ coffee / lunch whatever.

We will also add agents from leading developers. It is in their interest to join as it could be a conduit for promoting their business. We will try and add all the developers so that we are kept informed of any pre launches.

Saved your number, will call you.

Regards

Roshan

Add fun to the syndicate. Have discussions, call people who are experts in mortgage,

R

Roshan

RT
It's not a full time business. A group of members will take the lead for meetings. Nobody will start investing on the first meeting. You need to have regular meetings. From what I see only the meetings will be an effort which can be divided between members who are willing to take the responsibility.

Nobody will have ulterior motives. This is a non profit organization. No fees for any membership. The community will be built on the lines of ethics, team work. The members attending will only share the cost of the hall/ coffee / lunch whatever.

We will also add agents from leading developers. It is in their interest to join as it could be a conduit for promoting their business. We will try and add all the developers so that we are kept informed of any pre launches.

Add fun to the syndicate. Have discussions, call people who are experts in mortgage.

Members will also comprise of bankers, lawyers. Basically a full team on board to work things out.

Regards

Roshan

R

Roshan

Hey Roshan,

I am an agent in one of the real estates. Do you think i am elegible to attend these meetings?
of course, you can attend. We intend getting representatives from as many developers and agents.

This community will act as a place where starters get the encouragement and guidance to invest. We are not experts in all the areas of the market, Investors who are experienced in particular areas will have a chance to talk and educate other members.

The bottom line is teamwork.

"Teamwork gets results "

Regards

Roshan

S

Saleem

Guys,

Sorry if I have given the wrong impression. I have only just started looking at investing in Dubai due to everything I have heard and this will be my first venture into this. I don't represent anybody except me so am concerned at the risks with my hard-earned money.

M

maximusprime

This sounds like the Buyers army! Count me in!
--All for one, one for all!

R

Roshan

This sounds like the Buyers army! Count me in!
--All for one, one for all!
Things might still be a bit hazy. What I would suggest is get your group of investor friends together. pm me when each group is ready and we can have a meeting and can clear the doubts each one has. Discussing on the forum sometimes has it's limitations.

Once you clear your doubts, you can act as the leader, call for another group and get their doubts cleared.

We need to build an army.

It not only about forming syndicates and investing. It's is about helping, it is about charity, it is about getting first time investors to invest.

Regards

Roshan

A

attif

Things might still be a bit hazy. What I would suggest is get your group of investor friends together. pm me when each group is ready and we can have a meeting and can clear the doubts each one has. Discussing on the forum sometimes has it's limitations.

Once you clear your doubts, you can act as the leader, call for another group and get their doubts cleared.

We need to build an army.

It not only about forming syndicates and investing. It's is about helping, it is about charity, it is about getting first time investors to invest.

Regards

Roshan
i think this idea has already been suggested in the past, what about a chat room set up for all members?

A

AAPROP

Roshan,

How would those investors (not in dubai/uk) would be kept updated with meetings held with different groups? The overseas investors who are interested how would you manage their expectations and needs?

R

rg_andi

Hi Roshan,

I have been following this thread with great interest.
Can you include me in your list of invites for the next meeting?

thanks!

R

Roshan

Roshan,

How would those investors (not in dubai/uk) would be kept updated with meetings held with different groups? The overseas investors who are interested how would you manage their expectations and needs?
Simple, you build a group of your own and in the event of a meeting or any pre launch notifications, you will be informed.

We need support from the rest of the members. If the response is not good, we might have to postpone the plans.

I want members to come out vociferously and make plans for the next meeting.

Regards

Roshan

R

Roshan

Hi Roshan,

I have been following this thread with great interest.
Can you include me in your list of invites for the next meeting?

thanks!
Since you have registered on this thread. You will automatically get a notification.

Regards

Roshan

N

NAZ_2_NAZ

Add fun to the syndicate. Have discussions, call people who are experts in mortgage.

Members will also comprise of bankers, lawyers. Basically a full team on board to work things out.

Regards

Roshan
I think this is unrealistic, to think that costs will not arise or that bankers and lawyers will provide there services for the sake of the team. This is Dubai we are talking about, where people only understand backhanders and commissions to get anything done even access to pre launches. We have to remember it is still a prime developers market, the good solid developments are sold quickly, it is whether you have access to them.

R

Roshan

I think this is unrealistic, to think that costs will not arise or that bankers and lawyers will provide there services for the sake of the team. This is Dubai we are talking about, where people only understand backhanders and commissions to get anything done even access to pre launches. We have to remember it is still a prime developers market, the good solid developments are sold quickly, it is whether you have access to them.
I didn't say that they would provide the services free of charge. What we would have achieved is all services under one roof and on a chargable basis. It's like a clinic where you can only see a doctor and some limited services. In a hospital you would get all the services. Probably we would like to start as a clinic and mature into a hospital.

I see posts on the forum asking for a lawyer, broker, any good agents. What we would achieve is having all services under one roof.

Corruption exists in all market, not only Dubai. There are agents who ask for commission to get into a pre launch, but again that's a way of life for them and does not become a rule for everybody. Also, the commisisons earned from the developer in case of a deal will be shared by the investors on that particular job and will not go into the communities hands.

Not everybody thinks of commission. I have not earned a single penny so far in terms of commissions, however I spend time helping people on the forum and outside mainly because it increases my knowledge, it gives me confidence to tackle questions I would not have heard of. I might not gain commisions but I gain the knowledge which is more important.

Ther are 'If's " and "but's", it's natural. Why don't we also think of having fun and invest together. The community is not only about investing, it's about net working with like minded individuals. The experienced investors can teach the budding investors. We could contribute towards a good cause.

The community is not only about making money, but it also means to have fun and helping people.

Would like to meet you when you are in town.

Regards

Roshan

M

mermaid123

Since you have registered on this thread. You will automatically get a notification.

Regards

Roshan
How do you register to this thread?????? Me sounding very stupid....but i really can't figure out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks.
M.

M

maximusprime

In my humble opinion, I think simple is best. No need for an offshore company or incorporation. Just stick together as a group, agree on a property and each buy the units in their own names but use our weight as a group to negotiate discounts. I think any developer that hears that our group wants to buy 5 floors will be thrilled and will work with us. The individual members will contribute to the collective base of resources available to the group (ie. wasta, market knowlege, etc.). I have five people ready to go Roshan. We will need a war room with a really big round table and a strategic map of dubai projects :).

M

mermaid123

Registering

I didn't know replying to the thread gets you registered!!!
Well...here you go..........
Sorry - just acting stupid!!!

R

Roshan

How do you register to this thread?????? Me sounding very stupid....but i really can't figure out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks.
M.
Go to the opening page of the forum. You will find different threads, look out for the thread " Dubai chapter of the forum ".

Scroll down and you will find a button " Post Reply". Post your reply in the message column.

Let me know if you have problems.

Regards

Roshan

R

Roshan

In my humble opinion, I think simple is best. No need for an offshore company or incorporation. Just stick together as a group, agree on a property and each buy the units in their own names but use our weight as a group to negotiate discounts. I think any developer that hears that our group wants to buy 5 floors will be thrilled and will work with us. The individual members will contribute to the collective base of resources available to the group (ie. wasta, market knowlege, etc.). I have five people ready to go Roshan. We will need a war room with a really big round table and a strategic map of dubai projects :).
Each member can cut his own deals, but be careful with money. No money to change hands. Cheques onlt to developers.

You really sound like you are going to war. All set to conquer Dubai with the Dubai map on the table. Reminds me of the Roman generals in the movies....and to top it all, you have a nick name which sounds Roman :D

Take care.

Roshan

Status
Not open for further replies.