Dubai chapter of the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roshan

HI Roshan,

Nice to read the threads in your group. I am new in UAE real estate but have 8 years extensive real estate experience in the Philippines. I am still learning the trades of the business here, and joining your group will be a lot of help. But I noticed that the posts are dated feb. I hope your group is still active now.

Again, thanks and keep up the good work.

Regards,

Dee Ramos
We are active as ever. Your experience could add value. We are having our first meeting on the 20th June 2008. The timings would be say around 4 to 7 pm.

Pls send an email to [email protected] so that I can include you in the group email.

Regards

Roshan

Regards

Roshan

R

Roshan

So far 15 have confirmed and hope they don't drop out.

We need to make some arrangements and one member suggested a small conference room which could be hired for 3 hours which I felt was a good idea. Does anyone know of such place.

For members would still like to make it, pls email me on [email protected]

Makes it easy to include you in a group email.

Regards

Roshan
Checked out a few places today.

The Dhs 55 deal was not very good. They would block the restaurant for us but no proper seating space and a bit shabby.

All the deals are between Dhs 75 to 100 but they are fussy about the 4 to 7 pm timings. Some can do before, some can do later.

Our office tower has a small conference room which seats around 12 people and the charge is Dhs 300 which is quite reasonable. Will check the place tomorrow and let you know.

The cut off date to decide on the place will be 13th of June 2008.

Has anybody got any suggestions.

Regards

Roshan

D

Deeramos

Hi Roshan,

Thank you very much for the invitation. Count me in. I just sent you an email at your given email address. Please email or call me if there would be changes or rescheduling.

See you at the first meeting.

deeramos
sm dot acsc at gmail dot com

R

Roshan

Mpat,

Thanks for the efforts. Can you make some enquiries on that front.

I am making enquiries on a small conference room for 3 hours. Will let you know of the devlopments.

Regards

Roshan
Finally, we are looking at the first meeting of the Dubai chapter. It's on 20th June 2008, friday, timings : from 4.30 pm.

We have 15 confirmed so far.

Anyone still interested can email me on [email protected]

We will have the photograph of the first meeting up on the site :D

Attendees : Pls get your business cards.

Looking forward to meeting and talking what we all like...REAL ESTATE :D:):cool:

V

Vicks

Finally, we are looking at the first meeting of the Dubai chapter. It's on 20th June 2008, friday, timings : from 4.30 pm.

Looking forward to meeting and talking what we all like...REAL ESTATE :D:):cool:

Apologies for not being able to attend. look forward to seeing the photographs !

Also i just wondered if minutes will be taken so the ones that didnt/can't/wont attend can have some idea about the discussions that took place and be prepared for the next.

OR if a webcam can be set up using Messanger or whatever then let me know. I will be able to hook up.

S

Stephendxb

I cannot believe I just found this thread and have therefore missed the first meeting by a couple of hours....next time I guess

Apologies for not being able to attend. look forward to seeing the photographs !

Also i just wondered if minutes will be taken so the ones that didnt/can't/wont attend can have some idea about the discussions that took place and be prepared for the next.

OR if a webcam can be set up using Messanger or whatever then let me know. I will be able to hook up.

M

memo123

Hello
Do any of the attendants have got the minutes of the meeting , and give us a Little of his or her time to enlighten us ,all who are outside UAE
so we could have an idea of what was discussed
appreciate your cooperation
regards

R

Roshan

And yes, we had a kick off meeting yesterday. Attended by 14. A few couldn't make it, understandable.

We had a lot of discussions and it went on for 3 hours. A few improvements were suggested and those will be implemented for the next meeting.

The next meeting could be bigger and better.

We could have a 10 to 6 pm affair ( lunch included ). We could start with a movie from one of the real estate gurus, then proceed to a presentation by a visiting speaker, followed by a Q&A session. Each one can get their own set of questions which would lead to a healthy discussion.

Let's catch up after a short break.

Regards

Roshan

M

memo123

what about minutes of meeting for ousider , got to be in the loop
please hust highlight the main points of discussion , that wud be enough
Regards

R

Roshan

what about minutes of meeting for ousider , got to be in the loop
please hust highlight the main points of discussion , that wud be enough
Regards

Will do that.

Regards

Roshan

R

Roshan

We had our first meeting with 14 people in attendance. How about taking 14 members to 400 members :D

On other threads, investors want to get details on pre launches and are quite disheartened when they do not get to know about it. Everybody is looking out for good prices with the best discounts ??.

Why don't we build our own community of investors. In that way you do not go to developers but developers come to you. With a community of investors we could buy floor if not floors. Floors if not the full building.

Imagine a community of 400 investors or more. We might not need to go to developers. How about the other way round, developers knocking on your doors for appointments coupled with hefty discounts. Might be wishful thinking but worth the try. Unity is strength as they say.

The UK members can form their own chapter and together we can go ahead.

We could have a second meeting in say 2 months from now. We need to form a committee. We could have 10 to 5 affair with a real estate movie, a guest speaker and a Q&A session with each members questions forming the topics for discussion. We could have this at a hotel for Dhs 90 per head with lunch and coffee breaks thrown in - OR - we could get some sponsors to fund it :D

Let me know if this is of interest to the members and we can start working on it.

Regards

Roshan

A

attif

We had our first meeting with 14 people in attendance. How about taking 14 members to 400 members :D

On other threads, investors want to get details on pre launches and are quite disheartened when they do not get to know about it. Everybody is looking out for good prices with the best discounts ??.

Why don't we build our own community of investors. In that way you do not go to developers but developers come to you. With a community of investors we could buy floor if not floors. Floors if not the full building.

Imagine a community of 400 investors or more. We might not need to go to developers. How about the other way round, developers knocking on your doors for appointments coupled with hefty discounts. Might be wishful thinking but worth the try. Unity is strength as they say.

We could have a second meeting in say 2 months from now. We need to form a committee. We could have 10 to 5 affair with a real estate movie, a guest speaker and a Q&A session with each members questions forming the topics for discussion. We could have this at a hotel for Dhs 90 per head with lunch and coffee breaks thrown in - OR - we could get some sponsors to fund it :D

Let me know if this is of interest to the members and we can start working on it.

Regards

Roshan
Definetely be interested in doing something like that with you Roshan, please keep me in the loop

Attif

New_Investor

New_Investor

Banned

Regards

Roshan

Hi Roshan,

Please count me in.

S

Saleem

Hi Roshan,

Sounds good to me, count me in too.

As you say strength in unity and numbers.

Saleem

M

memo123

I want to say count me in .
I am a strong believer in unity , but how can it be done if not living in Dubai
If you do form this investors club, it would take a lot of work like having an office with two people working full time for us , one for doing the finance , accounts ,and the other for marketing and PR for this investors club . Hence we become well known to the developers to be approached first that is in addition to part time lawyer to make sure that all papers and transactions are legal
these are some suggestions , this way people who are not living and do not have check books in Dirhams wont be abused , by some sharks who tell you I will charge you 7% because he has got the appointment and will write the check in his name . then you add to that transfer fees , while the man still does not have anything at hand .
every member can have equal share or depending on his, her budget and P/L is reflected for amount participated and most importantly, have a check book in the name of our company ,
Please keep us informed Roshan and thank you for your continued input and information .
we are all dying to have something like this , Have access is what we need , to information , appointments , prelaunches and most importantly spread and reduce the risk . Moreover give a chance for small investores to also participate , none of us want to put all our eggs in one basket.
Regards

R

Roshan

Definetely be interested in doing something like that with you Roshan, please keep me in the loop

Attif
You are already in the loop. A reply on this thread will come to you automatically.

Regards

Roshan

R

Roshan

I want to say count me in .
I am a strong believer in unity , but how can it be done if not living in Dubai
If you do form this investors club, it would take a lot of work like having an office with two people working full time for us , one for doing the finance , accounts ,and the other for marketing and PR for this investors club . Hence we become well known to the developers to be approached first that is in addition to part time lawyer to make sure that all papers and transactions are legal
these are some suggestions , this way people who are not living and do not have check books in Dirhams wont be abused , by some sharks who tell you I will charge you 7% because he has got the appointment and will write the check in his name . then you add to that transfer fees , while the man still does not have anything at hand .
every member can have equal share or depending on his, her budget and P/L is reflected for amount participated and most importantly, have a check book in the name of our company ,
Please keep us informed Roshan and thank you for your continued input and information .
we are all dying to have something like this , Have access is what we need , to information , appointments , prelaunches and most importantly spread and reduce the risk . Moreover give a chance for small investores to also participate , none of us want to put all our eggs in one basket.
Regards
We can form off shore accounts for each investment. The lawyers fee and other expenses when divided between members is nothing.

We can work things out. But, only a few people shouting is not enough. We need to meet, make them more frequent.

Remember a syndicate is like a marriage. It takes time to gel, to synergise and move ahead.

Get all the members cracking and lets start to move to a goal.

PS : It does not matter where you are. Take the lead and start the UK chapter.

Regards

Roshan

R

Roshan

Taken from another thread. I am sure a lot of you will have the same queries.

Quote:

Originally Posted by talk

To build a community you need a lot of trust in each other.Investors mostly work alone for this reason.Developers already have their communities on their books fighting over registation,prelaunch,launch discounts etc.
Bringing 400 investors together would mean turmoil,400 times the fighting,400 times the greed.

Believe it or not but developers would love it.Prices would go up so fast through greed,then no one could sell.

Prelaunchs and discounts are only developers advertising their next tower.
Many times I've purchased at the same price as a bulk buyer months after launch.

Investors who work alone will keep the market stable for longer and still make a good profit.

1 GOOD QUESTION IS CAN PRICES BE STALLED PER SQ/FT.RENTS CAN ONLY SEE A CERTAIN INCREASE YEARLY.DO YOU THINK THAT SALES PROFITS MAY ONLY ALLOW A CERTAIN % ON TOP OF PURCHASE PRICES.WHAT SENSE WOULD DISCOUNTS MAKE THEN.

I really think that working alone will keep us happier longer.

Reply to "Talk"

Rome was not built in a day. Everything takes time.

The model could be changed to suit tastes.

Not all 400 would like to invest at the same time. You can still work alone even if there are 400 people.

For eg : There is an offer for a full floor of a commercial building of lets say 10,000 Sq ft. I am interested in securing 2000 sq ft. With a database of 400, we just need to sound the members. I am certain I will find atleast 5 out of the 400 who will be interested in the balance 8000 sq ft. I still get my 2000 sq ft and the balnce will be shared with the other members. If there are more investors interested, you go for more floors. In the eyes of the developer he has sold 1 floor, but we have still retained our individual identities with our individual investments. What has happend is, you have got your individual investment and for a price lesser than market value.

We go as a group but still buy individually if required. In that way we are absolved of any infighting or disagreement between investors.

The developers will not sell on their terms. We are smart enough to diffrentiate between greed and actual. We put a counter offer and it works.

Classic case : Look at Dynasty Zarooni, they would probably buying at half the market price and selling at market price. He is not a fool to operate on a 20% margin. He is definitely getting more than that. You think he would put vall the money down when buying a building, he would have got the developer to agree to his terms and would be paying in installments.

The idea is to start. Ther will be "if's" and " buts " on the way. If it does not work out, what the hell, you have made 400 friends. We would have formed a club which meets to share views and talk about the market.

Regards

Roshan

Status
Not open for further replies.