Recommendations of trusted agents / developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lsab

Hi Rebecca and welcome to the forum. If you click on this link:

http://www.totallyproperty.com/egyptian-lounge/7052-where-when-4.html

and let us know the exact dates you'll be in Hurghada, I can put them on the calendar for you. I think there's quite a few members out there around that time.

This link: http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/7507-quick-links-new-members.html tells you where to find the calendar itself as well as some other useful threads.

If you have time perhaps you could introduce yourself (see details in the above link). It's a great way to 'meet' other members and for them to meet you.

If you have any questions at all, especially about finding your way around the forum, just give one of the moderators a shout :)

Very best wishes

Linda

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi we are off to Hurghada and we will be there when you are! Any chance we could meet for a chat? We areplanning to buy a property in Hurghada and we have about 30 viewings arranged and we just don't have a clue?
Thank you, Rebecca and my Mum Sheila!
Dear Rebecca,
don't be confused just don't let one affect your decision see the information and gather al dta, and see what fits you and what don't, and from what fits you make a list of positive points and negative points then compare it and then see what you like more and then choose, i know its tFF DECISION BUT IF YOU GO QAROUND WITH RIGHT PEOPLE YOU WILL MAKE THE RIGHT MOVE,

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Thanks a Sue , appreciate your advice, we were trybing to get out at the end of May beg June but having difficulties now getting time away from work although I may be able to get a week so may have to 'venture out ' on my own to look around. Will definately post on here if I manage it just incase anyones available for 'company'
Thanks again
A
We wish you find your way to hurghada soon :)

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Hi Rebecca and welcome to the forum; there is no substitute for visiting the area where you hope to buy and seeing for yourself what is available. There are some projects you may wish to exclude from your search; reading a forum like this brings up good and bad comments and it is not difficult to get an idea of the projects to rule out. Using a reputable agent can also reduce the risk. Most agents know where to avoid and you should always ask if the agent has the necessary Due Diligence documents for the projects on offer. This just means that someone has checked the ownership of the land, the building licences and the credentials of the Developer and can save you a lot of time and trouble in reaching your decision. Also it is important to use a reputable INDEPENDENT lawyer who is working for you, not one recommended by the Developer. If there are any problems with the ownership of the land or documentation your lawyer should alert you before you commit yourself to signing contracts.
We wish you every success with your search.

RedSeaVision.com

RedSeaVision.com

Hi Rebecca and welcome to the forum; there is no substitute for visiting the area where you hope to buy and seeing for yourself what is available. There are some projects you may wish to exclude from your search; reading a forum like this brings up good and bad comments and it is not difficult to get an idea of the projects to rule out. Using a reputable agent can also reduce the risk. Most agents know where to avoid and you should always ask if the agent has the necessary Due Diligence documents for the projects on offer. This just means that someone has checked the ownership of the land, the building licences and the credentials of the Developer and can save you a lot of time and trouble in reaching your decision. Also it is important to use a reputable INDEPENDENT lawyer who is working for you, not one recommended by the Developer. If there are any problems with the ownership of the land or documentation your lawyer should alert you before you commit yourself to signing contracts.
We wish you every success with your search.
Very good advice Peter!

M

maxwan

Agents

Hi i am new to all this and a quick question
is there a recomended agents list or a stay clear of list
regards

L

Lsab

Neither! I think you'll get plenty of recommendations, especially from members who have used agents on the forum. As we don't allow unsolicited advertiing or promotion, you should get an unbiased view.

M

Master Thatcher

Property Sharks!!

During an interesting conversation with an experienced Egyption property investor yesterday, he mentioned to be extremely cautious of certain sellers within the Hurghada area, his comment was that "Some poeple were sailing very close to the wind and they were being watched!" It just un-nerved me a bit as I am currently negotiating on a number of projects just come on the market.

Anyone expand on this?

Rob

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

During an interesting conversation with an experienced Egyption property investor yesterday, he mentioned to be extremely cautious of certain sellers within the Hurghada area, his comment was that "Some poeple were sailing very close to the wind and they were being watched!" It just un-nerved me a bit as I am currently negotiating on a number of projects just come on the market.

Anyone expand on this?

Rob
Are you able to find out any more details from your source, i think it would benefit a lot of people on here.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Due to legal reasons please act with caution on anything that is posted on TP.

Regards.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned

Anyone expand on this?

Rob
Dear Rob
All I can say in every country there is good people and bad people so its not a rule

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Dear Rob
All I can say in every country there is good people and bad people so its not a rule
Hi George he was not having a go at Egyptian agents, he is just giving us all a warning about what he has heard. This is good as it could affect all of us and we need to make sure what we sell is legal. have you heard anything in Hurghada that we need to know about?

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi George he was not having a go at Egyptian agents, he is just giving us all a warning about what he has heard. This is good as it could affect all of us and we need to make sure what we sell is legal. have you heard anything in Hurghada that we need to know about?
All what I can say about my self tha we never sell a project that our lawyer don't check, and if we have any kind of doubts we cancel and stop it direct,
but if you want to know what projects you should be careful about just go through this forum, its more than enough
Regards
George

R

ryan adams

buying property in Hurghada and Sharm

Just wondered if anyone could direct me to Agents in the UK, that sell properties in The Red Sea.

Regards
Ryan

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Just wondered if anyone could direct me to Agents in the UK, that sell properties in The Red Sea.

Regards
Ryan
Hu Ryan
What is Wrong with Agents based in Red Sea, that can give you real clear picture about different developments specialy if have UK partners :)
Regards
George

L

Lsab

Hello Ryan and welcome to the forum. I've moved your new thread to this one where I think you'll find some answers to your questions. We've had many new members over these last few months and they might like to add their recommendations to this thread and give you an even better idea.

George is right in that you don't need to use a UK based agent in order to buy in Egypt. I live in Bahrain and am buying in Hurghada which is where my agent is based. Your first port of call of course, is to get out and see the areas for yourself before you make any decisions. Most of the agents - and all that post on this forum - will find out your exact requirements and gladly show you everything you need to see without pressure.

There is an enormous amount of information on this forum and if you need any help finding it please just give one of the mods a shout - myself, Alison (queenie40something) and Lyndsay. The latter two have jetted off to Egypt for the week though so it's just me for now :)

Very best wishes
Linda

Last edited:
S

Sarah C

hi Ryan

I would recommend Neil at Rivermead, he is the most helpful, trustworthy, genuine agent i have ever dealt with!!!

Sarahx

Status
Not open for further replies.