Blue Sea Bay, Makadi Bay

A

Anni_F

Hi Matilda, Maggie and Joyce,

Thanks for your kind comments; I had a lovely few days in El Gouna. Have received my countersigned contracts back from Orascom, so all good there. Haven't requested any changes to the contract, but hoping to be able to make some changes/enhancements to the unit's fittings, etc., when much closer to completion. I do have more photos, but they're somewhat 'same-y' and didn't want to bore you all ... !

M

maggie

Hi Maggie, only just paid my deposit and not received a contract yet. Sorry I cant help at the moment.
Hi jj
now worries, my solicitor's now checked my contract so now i,v paid the deposit as I didnt want to pay it till he gave me the go ahead. I,m in T4 Q3. I,v also joined Rational FX to pay the rest of the money as they give you trade rates not tourist rates. So hopefully that will save me a bit of money.
Maggie

Alaa fayad

Alaa fayad

Banned

Attachments

M

Mussa1

Thank you Alaa

can you please tell us more about the hotel? when is it being built and when will it be finished?

Also what star rating hotel will it be?

also any other info u have

Thanks

Dear All,
This photo is for a jungle hotel will be built next to phase 1.

Alaa fayad

Alaa fayad

Banned
Thank you Alaa

can you please tell us more about the hotel? when is it being built and when will it be finished?

Also what star rating hotel will it be?

also any other info u have

Thanks
It is a 4 stars hotel.
and they will start building soon.

This hotel is one of many hotels will be built in Makadi and this is the reason of making the project one of the most successful projects in Hurghada and also the reason of its prices increase.

G

Galway_Redsea

Greetings folks, New member from Galway Ireland here, perusing the thread with much interest and appreciation at the sterling research and contributions provided already by members and individual contributors!

I am seriously thinking of investing with Colour Investments and purchasing a apt in this project. Just got off the phone with their MD (Nick Wallwork) who walked me through the process and has certainly whetted my appetite with his professional & knowledgeable approach. It's still a leap however, so was looking for some real buyer testimony if at all possible before I put down a reserve.

Nick also stated that if I reserved, he could help arrange and even contribute towards a short visit nxt week to the site which I fully intend to do.

Would there be anyone willing to have a short chat with myself if they have bought property in this resort already, perhaps dealing with Nick and his team along the way? I can call any number intl at any time of the day/evening.

Best
Paul

R

rumbaba

Cannot really comment about dealing with colour investments as I did not go with them.

All I can say really is that I bought because the developer is well known, Hurghada is a great sunny place with direct flights that aren't too costly and that the price was very affordable.

Hope this helps!

G

Galway_Redsea

Thanks Rumbaba!

My wife already put down a deposit with Colour investments and signed initial reservation papers, however, there apparently was an 'unforseen' and most unfortunate 'Developer Price Increase' on the very day (Thursday 27th may) she purchased. We had been previously advised there would be no price increases till Q4, so we are a little taken aback and deflated to be honest.

We were informed several days after she returned the papers and right now are in a holding pattern till Colour and the Orascom try to work through this. I have been told not to expect a favourable outcome, so we may need to pull out which is very sad.

I'll let the thread know how this plays out.

Best!
Paul

Last edited:
NickWallwork

NickWallwork

My wife already put down a deposit with Colour investments and signed initial reservation papers, however, there apparently was an 'unforseen' and most unfortunate 'Developer Price Increase' on the very day (Thursday 27th may) she purchased. We had been previously advised there would be no price increases till Q4, so we are a little taken aback and deflated to be honest.

We were informed several days after she returned the papers and right now are in a holding pattern till Colour and the Orascom try to work through this. I have been told not to expect a favorable outcome, so we may need to pull out which is very sad.
Hi Paul,

As discussed on the phone unfortunately Orascom have recently updated the prices on the agent portal without telling us (as previously promised!). As we only update availability from this portal (and not price unless notified) we did not know they increased the prices until we put the reservation details over to them...

We can only presume they are trying to get quick price increase in before Q4 is launched. We're pretty sure there will be another price increase for Q4 as well though so any investors buying a Q3 unit will still benefit from some instant capital growth from this increase.

We are currently in talks with Orascom to try and ask them to honor this lower price. We feel frustrated as how can we give a good service if we're not kept informed of price increases well in advance. We have clients looking to reserve on a daily basis pretty much and they need to plan for these increases too.

Anyway we're doing our best here to get this situation resolved for you Paul, it is an un-fortunate timing situation along with bad communication from Orascom which has caused this but I hope to have an answer for you shortly.

Kind Regards
Nick

J

johnwayne

Banned
Does anyone know how much of an increase there will be for Q4 - type 7 please. or what are they currently on Q3, just to give us an idea? thanks

R

rumbaba

Thanks Rumbaba!

We were informed several days after she returned the papers and right now are in a holding pattern till Colour and the Orascom try to work through this. I have been told not to expect a favourable outcome, so we may need to pull out which is very sad.

Best!
Paul

I am sorry to hear of this Paul. It doesn't seem very fair at all! If you are unable to get the price you were initially quoted honoured it might be worth speaking to other agents to see if they are able to help.

From my dealings with Classica though my understanding was that units are reserved instantly online through a software system with Orascom, and so I do not understand how this could have happened.

Last edited:
N

no(r)way

recommandation

We have been reserved a type 4 unit with Classica Real Estate (search google) - ( is the best you can find )
after we have been in contact with Orascom and find out more about "official" prices.

we choose classica because orascom didn't have any type 4 avaiable at that moment since they "sold" them to agents :)

cheers,

rono

NickWallwork

NickWallwork

orascom didn't have any type 4 avaiable at that moment since they "sold" them to agents
Hi Rono, Yes you're right Orascom keep a separate price list for agents so that there is no cross selling by mistake with themselves. It also means we have some of the best units available so it's worth us working with Orascom at all... often it's hard to work with a developer who has their own sales team as sometimes people don't see the "value add" that we can bring as consultants to the whole buying experience.

However the service we offer at Colour Investments goes way beyond that of just reserving a property for clients, we help UK buyers with overseas purchases which can often be a minefield and that is often for a lot of people a service worth paying a bit more for. I have heard of many cases of people buying direct from developers and are then left high and dry without any one to support them when they need it most...

Rgs
Nick

NickWallwork

NickWallwork

Currently the cheapest Type 7 available in Q3 is EGP 218,503

Does anyone know how much of an increase there will be for Q4 - type 7 please. or what are they currently on Q3, just to give us an idea? thanks
Hi John, We are estimating about 10% increase but it's just an estimate based on what we've seen in the past phases. I think Orascom might be cheeky and increase by even more than that as the site has sold so well and is so under priced in my opinion...

Currently the cheapest Type 7 available in Q3 to agents is EGP 218,503

Hope this helps
Nick

Alaa fayad

Alaa fayad

Banned
We have been reserved a type 4 unit with Classica Real Estate (search google) - ( is the best you can find )
after we have been in contact with Orascom and find out more about "official" prices.

we choose classica because orascom didn't have any type 4 avaiable at that moment since they "sold" them to agents :)

cheers,

rono

Thank you Rono for your kind recommendation:flowers: we are glad to give you the best service you deserve.

We are aware of all the project details as day after day we are deeply updated and we are skillful in applying the plan to the real site .

R

rumbaba

Thanks Rumbaba!

Best!
Paul
Hi Paul,

Have your issues now been sorted?

C

chris_property

Hi all,
Things seems to be progressing very well with Makadi, any updated photographs would be great :)

I just renewed my 2nd set of fixed payments for another 6 months, rate slightly down but not too bad, I would have been better fixing for a year 6 months ago, but who is to know these things in this climate.

Maybe the rate will improve for the 2nd half if the dollar sorts itself out :laugh:

Anyone going to Egypt this summer hope you enjoy it and get down to the site.

Cheers,

Chris

S

Steveand Christine

Does anyone know if the following are included in the price or are at an extra cost, they cost us extra at British Resort. This will help us work out our budgets and start planning for completion. They will also need to be fitted before the apartment is furnished.

Fan
Water boiler
Light fittings
Door handles (weren't fitted when we moved into British Resort but fitted during our stay, they couldn't remember which ones we picked out so were waiting till we went out)
Bathroom fittings including shower curtain rail
Curtain tracks

Also the plans we have appear to show room dimensions but I can't make them out, can anyone provide these dimensions for a type 3 apartment. Other people on the forum may want to know dimensions of other types so room dimensions of all types would help all purchasers. Window sizes for curtains would be helpful too.

We are going to our apartment at British Resort, Hurghada at the end of July for 2 weeks and are planning a trip down to Makadi, probably just get a taxi down (anyone know how much a taxi would cost?). Will take plenty of photos while we are there and will post them onto our website upon our return.

Will probably start looking at furniture as well, 2 shops right next door to British Resort, will get some ideas, but when the apartment is actually ready new ranges will probably be available.

Steve & Christine

M

maggie

Does anyone know if the following are included in the price or are at an extra cost, they cost us extra at British Resort. This will help us work out our budgets and start planning for completion. They will also need to be fitted before the apartment is furnished.

Fan
Water boiler
Light fittings
Door handles (weren't fitted when we moved into British Resort but fitted during our stay, they couldn't remember which ones we picked out so were waiting till we went out)
Bathroom fittings including shower curtain rail
Curtain tracks

Also the plans we have appear to show room dimensions but I can't make them out, can anyone provide these dimensions for a type 3 apartment. Other people on the forum may want to know dimensions of other types so room dimensions of all types would help all purchasers. Window sizes for curtains would be helpful too.

We are going to our apartment at British Resort, Hurghada at the end of July for 2 weeks and are planning a trip down to Makadi, probably just get a taxi down (anyone know how much a taxi would cost?). Will take plenty of photos while we are there and will post them onto our website upon our return.

Will probably start looking at furniture as well, 2 shops right next door to British Resort, will get some ideas, but when the apartment is actually ready new ranges will probably be available.

Steve & Christine
Hi
just looked through contents of the things included, but it does not mention any of the above things. it only says light unites but not fittings. I am also going out there next week and would like to hear how much it would cost in a taxi from the Marriott hotel
thanks