WARNING- get out before you get in

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dod

Jonwell, if you are aiming for 40% profit in 3 days, or whatever, you deserve it because it's all risk/reward

S

SSM

Personally I would not take advice from a pundit trader who also finds time in-between trades to respond to property forums. The more you write the more you're embarassing yourself.
I come from the Warren Buffet school of investing, not Nick Leeson.

Last edited:
J

jonwell

hey no body asking you to take my advice i am just giving my opinion, hey lets face even warren buffet has made a loss and many losses on currency speculation.

i don't come from any learning school....i am not a sheep like yourself who follow the herd.
you don't know me so don't make any comments about me. i am only giving my opinion just because your feeling like a loser don't reply on my topic if it ofends you.

J

jonwell

dod thanks really your right the greater the risk the greater the award and besides i have mentioned many times on here that i am a short term trader who is just giving my opinion without offending anyone.... i would welcome any tips, i would also like to learn from others..

but i have seen this down fall on 3 counts and dubai seems to be way off my radar on recovery.

J

jonwell

hey mr crane hirer.

the only reason you friend is booked with his crane is because he has no alternative but to demoilish the non sold apartments.

i am happy for you for your 10% return as thats average for an average man/women. if your happy like you mentioned very proudly of 10% your average man then you have accepted that your average but in my case and in many others we like not be just average we like to go that extra length...if you know what i mean.....

A

aziqbal

im just glad my flat in IC greece was made and im getting my rental guarantee, as long as the rent keeps coming im happy

J

jonwell

hi aziqbal
sorry for the spelling but the page changed over...
i am happy for you with your rental the market their is still prety strong for how long i don't know and to be honest most of the places have been booked by holiday firms and resorts so you probably have done very good.

some times short term profits can lead you to better your investment as such that your loans can be paid off quickly for example.

if someone bought in say london a place in say 2001 and then bought another place in london not far from the first place and carried on up until they had several they could have cashed in by selling 50% or more of their investments and paying of the loans with the banks. they could have had extra money in the bank also debt free properties and plenty of equity to play with next time round.

good luck in the future... i myself is involved in something with short term and looks like that i would be a medium term or a long term investor.
take care...bye

A

AjmanInvestor

Banned
Even if International city studio becomes 18k and 1 bhk 24k

im just glad my flat in IC greece was made and im getting my rental guarantee, as long as the rent keeps coming im happy
Even if International city studio becomes 18k and 1 bhk 24k, this is what happened in the year 2000, if you were in dubai during that period of sluggish market conditions you will know....otherwise check with pals who stayed in dubai during that period....all around tolet boards...landlords had rented their studio flats for even 13000 per annum...which during the peak were rented for 42k per annum.......

Same will happen to each and every area of dubai...as more and more expats leave the rents will fall and finally crash to the bottom.

deira studios dhs 11000 per annum
bur dxb studios dhs 14000 per annum
sharjah studios dhs 8000 per annum
ajman studios dhs 6000 per annum

this will be a reality if the trend of expats leaving during this big crisis goes on and on till the months of sept oct and nov 2009.

Red carpet will be laid out for all and each single prospective tenant very soon by the landlords and owners of properties, as tenants will be very difficult to get for these properties....the same will happen to the Dhs 500/ sq ft office spaces......most of it will remain empty even when prices will fall down to Dhs 100 per sq ft...still there wont be any takers.......

This happenend in year 2000 and its not new.......it happens in every part of the part...when market crashes and liquidity and businesses are suffering.....

All the best ....lets hope for the best and prepare for the worst to come.....

Good Luck to all

J

jonwell

hi ajman investor,
i have seen this happen before but you know when your a short term investor then when the markets comes against you, you sell and get out. all ways cut your loses short and run your profits.

when i come in to any market including stocks i always look at short term...i have made loses in my time but i do know the idea buy and hold is thing of the past.

next week i am going to a meeting in europe i can't say where at this moment but when i seal the deal i will let you know and maybe decide if i can let you all on it.

but i won't give you all the details it's mine for taking....

R

revolutionary

Jonwell - what is your purpose in making all your short term gains? If you are doing it to simply add a few extra zeroes to your bank balance when you die then good luck to you. You aren't creating anything or adding any value to this world.

If you need the bank balance for some higher purpose I would far rather hear that than the Nick Leeson style successes.

The best thing about Dubai is that it is creating inspiration for future generations. Ok we have a hiccup at the moment but I believe that inspiration will be remembered far longer and have far greater future impact than any selfish speculator who can't take the loot with him when he pegs it.

J

jonwell

neither you or anyone will take money when they die, the only thing you guys are adding to dubai is greater debt that you have borrowed if you were that concerned about zero's then why you charging rent from people then, simply your taking money from the people who can't afford to buy.

the only value your adding to dubai is a number of debtors which is increasing and at an alarming rate...

there will never be any reason to buy in dubai and you all know it so why not do the sensible thing and sell. no point hanging yourself to debt. oh by the way there is more bad bad news on dubai i will let you know on thursday not today i will let you wonder and most of all you all will be shocked...

MarianL

MarianL

What are you talking about?! You are talking complete rubbish again! 'Why you charging rent from people' - are you insane? maybe we should just buy places and give them to people to live in??!!!

And who said anyone had borrowed any money...so presumptive.

and 'no reason to buy in Dubai' - how about to have somewhere to live that you own in a place you like - ever thought about that one?

R

revolutionary

Jonwell - again you show your shallowness - not everyone invests for pathetic pieces of printed paper. I was given a zillion dollars today which reminded me of you. Zimbabwean dollars are a great example of the pointless pursuit of zeroes.

I invest for inspiration. If I choose to rent out, I rent to those that will provide inspiration or are capable of being inspired. My investment in Dubai was never about a resale or rent. It was to experience extreme engineering creativity. What my Dubai investment lacks is nature's creativity but I have that amply covered by another interesting venture that again has nothing to do with $$$

What depresses me most about Dubai are the small-minded petty criminal developers that sell a dream and then steal it. They are every bit as bad as drug dealers and its about time Dubai dealt with them in the same way.

J

jonwell

marianl
i am not the one insane it looks like you telling people to hold on to dubai so you don't lose on top of what's lost..now listen i really pity on you for 2 reasons first for being in dubai as it is the worst place ever to be created and it was created for 1 reason only which was for property investment. i mentioned to you before and i will repeat this as you have difficulty in understanding THERE IS NO ECONOMY there if there is 1 name it.

the second reason is dubai is a fairy tale which has lost it's direction. there will never be the investment that it requires all the investors have gone....gone... the ones are there are about to sink down under. no country can build and carry on building when there is no economy. oil is about out it had to beg from near by countries to bail it out.. i mean the name shame where is it.
if i was you i would be ashamed that the imf bailed out poor countries but did not even look at dubai because of it's risk.

wait and see how the end year to may next will be you won't even show on this site and neither will dubai as when it's loan repayment arrives it will default.

J

jonwell

revolutionary or what ever.

i all so pity on you but your a little bit more sensible than you mate marinl as you can see zillion which is why that you need to be used to this because your currency will go down and to be honest the only thing holding dubai's currency is UAE as a whole.

what makes me laugh is as the pound has fallen we can get the same AED as now as i did back in 1988 so if dubai is so call good then why the currency been the same i mean it should have been at least 3 AED by now no it will head to near 8 very soon around 2010 september my guess...and i am good at guessing.

keep counting zillion because it will come handy to you.

oh just for the record see if you can help your friend out by telling us all here, what economy does dubai have.. please don't say oil....
i am sure you will tell us... and it's not tourist.

MarianL

MarianL

jonwell, I am not giving advice to anyone about what they should do (unlike you) - because (and this has really been my point the whole time) everyone has different reasons and circumstances about why they have invested and for that reason it may not be good for everyone to sell now - and for me it isn't.

So if you think Dubai is the worst place to ever be created then great, don't bother coming here, but don't assume that your opinion is the only one in the world worth listening to. I think it is a great place to live and I have a much better life here than I would in other places in the world.

So what do you think that Dubai will disappear into a puff of sand by the end of the year?!! Yes, the speculative investors (hmm, maybe people like yourself who only had self-interest at heart) have gone, which I think is a good thing so maybe real people buying homes for real reasons will actually at the end of it all give some stability to the property market and not turn it back into some kind of real-estate stock market game.

D

Dod

Jonwell. You asked for one economic activity in Dubai: as mentioned before, international trading. Dubai grew at a sustainable pace for decades on the back of its comparative advantages as a regional trading hub (geographical location). Re-exporting to the whole Gulf, India, East Africa, and Iran through to Central Asia. This attracted the service industries of logistics and banking, in addition to trading companies. It is undeniable.

I am not saying that this business alone will fill all the excess properties that have been built recently as I think they were a mistake fuelled by people wanting to make a quick buck and taking leave of their senses, but it is a reason that Dubai won't dissappear tomorrow as you seem to think.

A

AjmanInvestor

Banned
Dubai created jobs business market growth for all the other 6 emirates

Dubai created jobs business market growth for all the other 6 emirates , there was business for everybody because of Dubai, phenomenal growth rates during years 2006 2007 and early parts of 2008.

Dubai will again come up but this time around it will take little more time and will surprise the whole world, it has everything to turn around business growth again in a much more organised manner.

Dubai leaders will not keep a single stone unturned till they bring Dubai back to where it was in the years 2006 2007 and 2008

We expats have to back Dubai, it gave us a lifestyle......and made us feel home......its not that im not stuck in this property crash....me and my friends have investments but time will turn in Dubai's favour.

It has everything and will be on top of the world soon....

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.