WARNING- get out before you get in

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SSM

Developers filing for bankruptcy, banks failing, rents sinking, house prices falling, unemployment rising, expats leaving, commercial rents at an all time vacant high, corruption, crime, businesses failing.....surely there must be something good happening in the UK?
This applies to practically any country in the world at the moment!
Why don't you reveal where you're losing money now or are you too scared this group will pick holes in your investments?
Do you practice at being an idiot or does it come natural to you.....sorry stupid question, you were born with the gift.

J

jonwell

ssm
one thing i hate is people like you who haven't a .........g clue they come on my thread and give crap out of their mouths.

i try to keep my loses very narrow you idiot, yes i do loose but i don't hold on to my loses you idiot.

if you had read my post earlier it says singapore is doing well, canada is doing just fine not brilliant but o.k it has surplus cash on it's books you idiot, germany is doing better than it's counterparts in europe you idiot, peru is doing better than many south american countries you idiot. This thread is about DUBAI not anything else you idiot,

it looks like your the one that came out of the ...........g hole, i told you before just because i am an investor it doesn't mean that i take any .....t from you i give as good as i take you idiot.
oh by the way i should have given a gift to you but it would be better served by a ass

L

Lysos

Jon,

There was no need to lose your temper. Opinions are like noses - "you can pick your own !". There will always be differences of opinion on any subject.

Personally, I have always thought the Dubai 'bubble' was totally unsustainable in anything other than the short term. The overwhelming majority of new 'residents' are construction workers, or service workers for the hotels, malls, shops, leisure facilities etc. who could never afford to live in the tens of thousands of new properties on offer. Apparently, there are preoblems with quality of construction (strange whiffs around the Palm ?),infrastructure is totally inadequate, and just as in Bulgaria and other 'property hotspots' peddled to the naive at so called property exhibitions, developers are taking the money and running. In itself this might actually mitigate investors' losses as there were never going to be enough tenants for these properties, so buyers would be left to pay mortgages, service charges, maintenance costs etc. with no income.

Naturally, a lot of people won't want to admit to themselves or others that they fell for the snake oil salesmen, and singularly failed to do their own research. These people will remain in denial for as long as they can, and will react angrily to anyone who dares to suggest they got it wrong.

As I posited on the Bulgarian forum, the true losses incurred by investors in these bubbles will run into billions.

S

Small M

To bad Jonwell is not part of my slave imperium, I would wipp his ass....

B

baba toto

Guys please. There is no need to get personal on the forum as everybody is entitled to their opinion and right to agree or disagree....We have to respect our common rights...

B

baba toto

Jon,

There was no need to lose your temper. Opinions are like noses - "you can pick your own !". There will always be differences of opinion on any subject.

Personally, I have always thought the Dubai 'bubble' was totally unsustainable in anything other than the short term. The overwhelming majority of new 'residents' are construction workers, or service workers for the hotels, malls, shops, leisure facilities etc. who could never afford to live in the tens of thousands of new properties on offer. Apparently, there are preoblems with quality of construction (strange whiffs around the Palm ?),infrastructure is totally inadequate, and just as in Bulgaria and other 'property hotspots' peddled to the naive at so called property exhibitions, developers are taking the money and running. In itself this might actually mitigate investors' losses as there were never going to be enough tenants for these properties, so buyers would be left to pay mortgages, service charges, maintenance costs etc. with no income.

Naturally, a lot of people won't want to admit to themselves or others that they fell for the snake oil salesmen, and singularly failed to do their own research. These people will remain in denial for as long as they can, and will react angrily to anyone who dares to suggest they got it wrong.

As I posited on the Bulgarian forum, the true losses incurred by investors in these bubbles will run into billions.
I think you're right. Now all I'm waiting for is the property to be completed......if at all and then I will sell...

V

vishal73

JON..UNWELL.... Again your language and behaviour shows your narrow-mindedness, your culture, your country. I feel pity on you.

And regarding.."... you want to come on my thread you show me respect otherwise you will find i am chasing you in every forum and thread like a dubai employer.... now you catch my drift.. "
See I never disrespected you..Its you who have earned disrespect from us..and you want to chase me...come to any forum, anytime..you will get what people like you deserve...understood...I am living in Dubai and happy what it has given to me...I have full faith in Sheikh. Mohammed's vision and you will see yourself in time to come..

Now f*** off from here....

W

Wannaberich

Jonwell clearly you hate Dubai and can only seem to view it from a negative point of view.
Therefore your posts have to be ignored as you cannot seem to give a balanced point of view.
No-one knows what the future holds for Dubai so before you condemn it wait a couple of years at least until the recession is over and then comment.
Remember had it not been for the recession which was predicted by no-one and has affected the entire world then Dubai would be in a very different position.Thanks to the incompetence of the Americans,their mistakes have caused many problems worldwide inlcuding Dubai.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dod

Dobuy, a distinction has to be made between the property slumps in America and the rest of the world, and that in Dubai. For a start house prices didn’t fall 50-60% in USA/Europe.

The world is interconnected so the problems over there did have an effect on Dubai, but the US problems were largely because risky mortgages were sold on in clever packages for which the risk was not appreciated.

In Dubai there was going to be a significant drop in prices anyway because of over-building. The timing may have been dictated by the global downturn, otherwise the madness may have gone on longer.

There were conditions specific to the region and Dubai in particular that helped fuel the boom here eg the increased liquidity in the region from high oil prices and return of capital after 9/11. It was anyone’s guess as to how many units to build as the eventual level of demand was a guess.

(Demand did increase, but how much of this was from temporary factors eg to house real estate/ consruction people themselves, and the weak USD/Dirham.)

W

Wannaberich

In Dubai there was going to be a significant drop in prices anyway because of over-building. The timing may have been dictated by the global downturn, otherwise the madness may have gone on longer.
Had it not been for the problems in America which infected the rest of the world and caused a worldwide recession,Dubai would not have experienced a 50/60%'crash' in 5/6 months.Instead,according to most reports a 'correction' of 15/20% would have taken place and over a longer period of time.Thats a big difference.

G

georgihh

Had it not been for the problems in America which infected the rest of the world and caused a worldwide recession,Dubai would not have experienced a 50/60%'crash' in 5/6 months.Instead,according to most reports a 'correction' of 15/20% would have taken place and over a longer period of time.Thats a big difference.
America is getting out of the recession and Dubai is still sinking. The emergency market is singing again, but nothing happening in Dubai. The reason is the supply - too much too quick, nothing to do with the world recession and is over.

W

Wannaberich

America is getting out of the recession and Dubai is still sinking. The emergency market is singing again, but nothing happening in Dubai. The reason is the supply - too much too quick, nothing to do with the world recession and is over.
America is not getting out of the recession.As for saying Dubais problems are nothing to do with the recession,thats totally wrong.

G

georgihh

America is not getting out of the recession.As for saying Dubais problems are nothing to do with the recession,thats totally wrong.
The real market is based on supply and demand. This was not the issue in Dubai. Dubai is driven by speculators and nothing else. And the speculators are gone, recession or not recession they are gone.

W

Wannaberich

The real market is based on supply and demand. This was not the issue in Dubai. Dubai is driven by speculators and nothing else. And the speculators are gone, recession or not recession they are gone.
I dont think this is a subject we will agree on.

D

Dod

Without the recession in the US the crash in Dubai would not have been as bad to the extent that demand to invest from non-residents would not have dropped so much, and non real-estate companies in Dubai would not have made so many redundancies.

But we're getting hypothetical now and it's difficult to know what the price drop would have been - I suspect that once prices first turned there would still have been a significant amount of running for the exit.

Anyway the main point was that Dubai can't just blame the global recession as plenty of it was caused at home

W

Wannaberich

Without the recession in the US the crash in Dubai would not have been as bad to the extent that demand to invest from non-residents would not have dropped so much, and non real-estate companies in Dubai would not have made so many redundancies.

But we're getting hypothetical now and it's difficult to know what the price drop would have been - I suspect that once prices first turned there would still have been a significant amount of running for the exit.

Anyway the main point was that Dubai can't just blame the global recession as plenty of it was caused at home
Couldnt agree with u more.

J

jonwell

hi,
i am back needed a few days off after heavy trading, any way first vishal i am even more disgusted with you first you have no shame your the one who has no respect secondly i have not disgraced my countries as i reside in 3 including india,

you also put yourself down by saying you see through sheikhs eyes wheres your eyes now i can see my self where you coming from...

NOW lets get on with dubai, you can't compare or blame the USA for what's happening o.k some over smart people got hold of mortgages and repackaged them into investment products which oversmart bankers took on their books.

without a doubt dubai has grew development too fast in a very short time, it's intention to bring western atmosphere for example tourists in a country where it's sorrounded by arabs who have no stability i.e iran, iraq afganastan smaller breakaway ex rusian countries who have high curroption and then you got pakistan and india and sri lanka who these countries the rich only could holiday there and besides belive me these countries don't like dubai for the bad news it's had.
india and pakistan have different opinions alltogether about dubai, now india has a huge population that work in dubai but ask many indians would you like to go to dubai the answer is no. india is building it's own tourist destinations like goa, it's cheap offers everything to the tourist that dubai offers including sand dunes in rajastan etc.. and more.

BACK TO USA/DUBAI, dubai's fate has nothing to do with THE RECESSION or the USA. the usa never borrowed from dubai, it's never done any deals with dubai infact it stop DUBAI ports buying USA interests for security reasons. THE USA has never dealt with dubai on a large scale. DUBAI was a dreamers nightmare which is in the making of it's own. USA is well sufficent country it produces food more times over than it needs so recession or no recession it can support itself.

I am not negative or i don't hate dubai some day things will change dubai might be seen as a good buy, i doubt it very much that will happen but i will say this WHEN I WENT TO A SEMINAR ON DUBAI PROPERTIES I DID SAY SOMETHING WHICH HAD THE WHOLE ROOM THINKING.

just think about this for a moment YOU have dubai and what is in DUBAI mainly all western countries have their interest meaning british investors AMERICAN investors other european investors, so what point am i making well since dubai has all the western interests on it's soil think about what i am thinking and think hard very hard........
i will let you know in my next post.....

Status
Not open for further replies.