Superior Worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

clibbens

From our experience with the LJDF Owners Group, it's proved to be invaluable and we are certainly rest assured that there is safety in numbers. We get a regular flow of information from Popcorn who has done an incredible job in coordinating everything and addresses all our issues by regular Questions and Answers put to the developers. Suggest you PM Popcorn as there may well be a group in existence for Oasis.

C

clibbens

There's a link on page 2 of this forum to the Owners Group run by Popcorn for LJDF buyers

J

Joppa

Can't find it I'm afraid. Can only find a link to someone querying a price for RT7. What is LJDF anyway?

I

Investy

You Oasis buyers should press for update photos to be updated on a dedicated website weekly.
LJDF do this.
Superior did show progress photos but they were out of date and a few people complained but got no where.
If these developers are serious about customer care, they will definitely ascede to this small request.

I suggest you all make a fuss to bring this about.

P

propertybuccaneer

Not so sure I and all the other investors will agree with the above, when we stand to lose thousands of pounds!!!!!
Sorry Tracey, I am continually surprised by the naivety of property buyers - if you look at your contract you will see it is with Oasis at Saidia SARL who are the developers behind Oasis Beach and Golf. Superior were the master selling agent and nothing else. You will therefore be pleased to learn that your purchase is quite safe.

S

sunnydays

Has anyone else had problems receiving receipts from Superior / Oasis for their stage payments? I've been told lack of receipts is due to the Moroccan Bank not confirming who has made the payment. Considering they have been sent SWIFT documentation as proof of transfer I find this hard to believe. Sixmonths later receipts have finally been issued.

Has anyone else noticed that the Oasis address is the same address as the new Carol Vorderman Overseas Homes company. CV Homes is selling the same properties that Superior did but not Oasis.

Many of the staff at CV Homes are the old Superior staff. When you speak to the Oasis team they say they are nothing at all to do with CV Homes. Is it me or is this a bit odd as they have identical addresses? Shouldn't they still be trying to sell the remaining Oasis properties?

CV Homes are exhibiting at A Place in the Sun, Manchester. I wonder if we will see the Oasis staff on this stand?

I

Isadora

What payment are you at? I bought in RT5 and I was told that I would be asked for 2nd payment in October 2007 but nothing received yet. When I queried this I was told that it was an error and I would received a letter requesting the payment in the post. Still nothing.

According to their latest letter the groundwork are completed in RT5 and the building will start this month. Anybody got photos?

G

Grim Reaper

Hi there I am sorry that SD could not follow the normal procedure of phoning Carol Vorderman Overseas Homes and seek an answer direct from a principal, rather than make such fatuous remarks in their blog. Undoubtedly blogs serve a very useful purpose but only if they contain facts and not wild untrue implications.

In answer to the question posed- CVOH employs seven of the redundant Superior staff(it presume SD would rather they never work again in their industry) and I hope that all seven will grace our stand, with others, in Manchester. This of course is not surprising as I worked with all of them and indeed interviewed an employed three of them, during my Superior days before my retirement in 2006.

G

Grim Reaper

Sorry ended too soon

CVOH is not connected to Oasis and my staff do not work for Oasis and CVOH does not sell property necessarily that Superior sold, there is however some overlap. Carol Vorderman Overseas Homes concntrates on established markets rather than the more risk bearing, emerging zones, this is mainly because Carol has insisted that we work to a strict Customer Charter and many of the guarantees that we require from a developer in order to protect our buyers, cannot be achieved in the newer regions. I am sure that sometime in the future will move into some of these emerging markets BUT ONLY ON OUR TERMS, in the meantime look out for Canada, France and Italy from our portfolio.

I personally see nothing wrong with any of the Saidia projects but for us Morocco is just too early.

SD - if you want to know more please call by our stand in Manchester (B2 you can't miss us) and I am sure that I or Carol will put you right and maybe stop you trying to mislead people.

W

Whitesaidfred

Grim reaper. I respect your right to post your point of view on this site just as much as anyone else. In return however I expect you to respect other peoples opinions and fears, and their right to say why they feel unhappy about things. That is the nature of this kind of site.
Maybe SD. Was angry, because like me, they bought a property from the same staff at Superior who now work for Oasis (and other overseas property companies) and have had zero customer service from them since.
Or maybe like me they brought a property from Superior and in 3 years the only responses she has had from them have come after they threatened seeking legal advice. Perhaps they are apprehensive that the staff will work in the same way for their new employers.
Maybe SD is worried that the only thing that has changed is the name above the door and they will continue to receive the same level of service from the same staff that they have before.
Maybe SD's fears are unfounded and they have nothing to worry about in this brave new world. Who knows only time will tell, but you can’t blame them for being anxious can you?

S

sunnydays

Isadora- I have paid 30% as I was told to pay 10% in October. Did you have anything in writting telling you not to pay Octobers installment? Are there any other people who were told not to pay. This is very concerning to me. I will speak to my solicitor about this.

The Grim Reaper - have I touched on a raw nerve?

I was reading an article in the Telegraph about Carol Vorderman Overseas Homes. As I am interested in St. Lucia I went on the website. There was a contact phone number 0800 073 0333 but no address. I rang the number and spoke to the receptionist. We chated for a while as there was no one in sales to take my call. Ia sked where they were based and she told me Suite 18-19 Aztec Centre, Aztec West, Bristol. The address sounded familiar to me and I jotted it down on a piece of paper.

On another day I decided to ring the Oasis office to ask if the builders are now on site. I reached out the letter that was sent by Oasis just before Christmas and then I noticed that the address is Suite 18-19 Aztec Centre, Aztec West Bristol but the phone number is 0844 472 1100.

I rang the CVOH number and a receptionist answered as CHOH. I put the phone down and then rang the Oais number 0844 472 1100 and the same receptioist greeted me with Oasis Golf and Beach.

When I spoke to the Oasis person I asked if they were part CVOH but the lady said they were nothing to do with Carol Vorderman.

I just think this is strange. Why be so defensive about this?

G

Grim Reaper

Whitesaid Fred - I could not agree more. I respect everyone's opinion and their right to voice it, BUT what I cannot accept is innuendo and untruth in so much as it effects my Company: nor should anyone else and fortunately the law provides for redress is the mark is over-stepped.

You are right, customer care in the industry as a whole, not just Superior as you state, leaves a lot to be desired and regularly falls dismally short. It is partially for that very reason that AIPP came into existence, although whilst making a reasonable attempt, in my eyes it still has a lot of house-keeping to do. Here at Carol Vorderman Homes Overseas we have established a Customer Charter that Carol insists that we maintain and I can assure you that this is one lady who knows what she wants and equally believes fervently in how customers should be treated. If you ever buy another property and decide to use this Company, undoubtedly you will find a marked difference.

As far as SD is concerned, he/she is not a customer of ours and therefore, sadly, will not experience our level of service, I am gratified to learn that you think that SD is worried that my staff may fall into bad habits, if that is the case there is little cause for concern, neither I or Carol are prepared to accept poor standards, so only this point I can at least assuage SD's worries; however as far as SD's anxiety is concerned, I do understand it, but I only ask that they limit it within its own context, or if they like to make themselves less anonymouto Oasis, perhaps they will get direct answers, just as I did.

With regard to Oasis, I am told that licences have been issued, on RT5, earthworks are completed, construction contracts are issued and foundation work followed by vertical construction is about to start, there is one employee in the UK answering customer questions and the management control comes from the company's offices in Malaga, Spain and Morocco.

G

Grim Reaper

Hi Isadora

Aztec Centre is an exceptionally large, well managed, serviced office block ideally situated on the outskirts of Bristol. We are based in Suite 19. A board in the front reception lists the other 46 tenants on You are very welcome to visit us and I am happy to tell you all you need to know about St Lucia, which I visit every second week. It is a great country and should you choose to buy at either of the two projects that we currently offer through Carol Vorderman Overseas Homes you will be covered by our customer charter, found on our website.

Regards TOC

C

clibbens

Oasis at SARL (Morocco)

Apparently Superior was a family business with all the directors from the North family. The same directors who controlled Superior Real Estate Group Limited (now in administration) also controlled:

Superior Real Estate SL (incorporated in Spain)
Superior Holidays Ltd (sold holidays to Florida) - but was wound down into a dormant company a few years ago
Superior 4aVilla Limited (incorporated in Cyprus) - wound up a few years ago
Superior Assets Limited - dormant company
Superior Costa Blanca SL (incorporated in Spain)
Superior 4aVilla Spain SL (incorporated in Spain)
Superior CDL (incorporated in Spain)
The North Partnership

and

OASIS at Saidia SARL (incorporated in Morocco)

So although OASIS at Saidia SARL is a separate legal entity, it has always been controlled by the same directors. I do not have access to the Spanish or Moroccan equivalents of Companies House but if anyone does perhaps they can provide further details. This is something that solicitors for those who are purchasing OASIS properties should be able to advise upon and is usually part of the due diligence process, so they should be able to provide details of the latest accounts that have been lodged.

I

Isadora

Isadora- I have paid 30% as I was told to pay 10% in October. Did you have anything in writting telling you not to pay Octobers installment? Are there any other people who were told not to pay. This is very concerning to me. I will speak to my solicitor about this.
QUOTE]

I paid an intial €3,000(32777 MAD) booking deposit then a further 15% on signing contracts. I have not been asked our any other payments. I received a receipt from Moneycorp together with confirmation that they had tranferred the funds to my solicitors account. My solicitors confirmed receipt of funds.

C

clibbens

Oasis Beach and Golf Resort Ltd was incorporated in October 2007 by the same directors as Superior Real Estate Group Limited.

Apparently Superior was a family business with all the directors from the North family. The same directors who controlled Superior Real Estate Group Limited (now in administration) also controlled:

Superior Real Estate SL (incorporated in Spain)
Superior Holidays Ltd (sold holidays to Florida) - but was wound down into a dormant company a few years ago
Superior 4aVilla Limited (incorporated in Cyprus) - wound up a few years ago
Superior Assets Limited - dormant company
Superior Costa Blanca SL (incorporated in Spain)
Superior 4aVilla Spain SL (incorporated in Spain)
Superior CDL (incorporated in Spain)
The North Partnership

and

OASIS at Saidia SARL (incorporated in Morocco)

So although OASIS at Saidia SARL is a separate legal entity, it has always been controlled by the same directors. I do not have access to the Spanish or Moroccan equivalents of Companies House but if anyone does perhaps they can provide further details. This is something that solicitors for those who are purchasing OASIS properties should be able to advise upon and is usually part of the due diligence process, so they should be able to provide details of the latest accounts that have been lodged.

C

clibbens

Up until January 2008 CVOH and Superior shared the same registered office: 3 Brook Office Park, Emersons Green, Bristol, a building which Superior owned and was mortgaged to HSBC.

Just another coincidence?

The Grim Reaper - have I touched on a raw nerve?

I was reading an article in the Telegraph about Carol Vorderman Overseas Homes. As I am interested in St. Lucia I went on the website. There was a contact phone number 0800 073 0333 but no address. I rang the number and spoke to the receptionist. We chated for a while as there was no one in sales to take my call. Ia sked where they were based and she told me Suite 18-19 Aztec Centre, Aztec West, Bristol. The address sounded familiar to me and I jotted it down on a piece of paper.

On another day I decided to ring the Oasis office to ask if the builders are now on site. I reached out the letter that was sent by Oasis just before Christmas and then I noticed that the address is Suite 18-19 Aztec Centre, Aztec West Bristol but the phone number is 0844 472 1100.

I rang the CVOH number and a receptionist answered as CHOH. I put the phone down and then rang the Oais number 0844 472 1100 and the same receptioist greeted me with Oasis Golf and Beach.

When I spoke to the Oasis person I asked if they were part CVOH but the lady said they were nothing to do with Carol Vorderman.

I just think this is strange. Why be so defensive about this?

C

clibbens

Sorry ended too soon

CVOH is not connected to Oasis and my staff do not work for Oasis and CVOH does not sell property necessarily that Superior sold, there is however some overlap....

...You are right, customer care in the industry as a whole, not just Superior as you state, leaves a lot to be desired and regularly falls dismally short.
Grim Reaper: No connection? Please explain, confirm or deny then the posting that the two directors of Carol Vorderman Overseas Homes and the two directors of Superior and Oasis have formed two other companies together - Caribbean Resort Developments which you are promoting and Overseas Homes and Investments?

Why be associated with anyone whose customer care leaves a lot to be desired?

Status
Not open for further replies.