• Hurghada

Votes: 18 48.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Sahl Hasheesh does look amazing. But I would recommend Makadi by Orascom which is near Sahl. It is less than half the price and being built by a highly reputed developer that built El Gouna which is very expensive now.

Makadi is near Sahl Hasheesh and so your just a short drive away!
Orascom may not agree with you; they have now purchased a stake in Sahl Hasheesh and will build the new marina (formerley Serrenia). This definately elevates Sahl as in the top five of World Class developments. Possibly even the No.1.

B

bartslade

hurghada v sah hasheesh

Hi,
I'm looking to invest in an apartment in egypt and have read a fair bit of negative comments on hurghada with many folks suggesting shal hasheesh is a better long term investment - though more expensive. any comments?
hi, with regard to your query, it really depends on what you are looking for:
do you want very quiet area with practically nothing or no=one there?
do you want convenient shops
do you want the option of vibrant nightlife
do you want the cheap transportation to and from places
if the answer to the first question is yes, then go to sahl hasheesh for the remaining questions go to hurghada where everything to please everyone is available

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
do you want very quiet area with practically nothing or no-one there?
if the answer to the first question is yes, then go to sahl hasheesh for the remaining questions go to hurghada where everything to please everyone is available
Perfectly correct. If holidaymakers wish to join the nite-life set that created Ayai Napa and Benidorm then fine. Or they can join the Jet-Set the likes of Nice and Monte-Carlo.

Rome wasn't built in a day and as Hurghada had a century start as a busy port and fishing harbour you may find the old and new quite charming. That's why Peter and I promote both locations, but for real value from your property assets Sahl Hasheesh will prove the most rewarding investment in the longer term.

Another important point.... Holdaymakers don't need another three hours coach drive from airports. Hurghada is nearer, however Makadi Bay is beyond Sahl Hasheesh.

Important too is the distances from Marsa Alam International Airports when choosing to invest in that new sector. Port Ghalib and our Canals Village projects is practically ten minutes away. This is another massive potential investment location which I hope to deliver to the market soon.

Alan. Coralife-Style Consultants.

C

CMChris

do you want very quiet area with practically nothing or no=one there?
do you want convenient shops
do you want the option of vibrant nightlife
do you want the cheap transportation to and from places
Sahl Hasheesh will be rocking in 12 months time with night life a plenty. Its quiet right now but the Piazza at night is amazing, beautiful fountains all lit up. The Old Town will be opening up sometime in Sept/Oct so the shops will be there along with cafes and restaurants along the promenade. Admittedly its a bit like a film set at the moment but that won't last long.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Well said, Sahl will be well worth waiting for. There has been too much investment already for it to fail. I understand that some people who bought three years ago are fed up waiting but in the not too distant future their patience will be rewarded.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

hi neil , what developments were on phase 1? thanks and how much approx are 2 bedrooms?
Hi John

The first Phase included the developments which Neil referred to and most of what is available now are resales from around £150K for a two bedroomed apartment. However, two bed prices in Azzurra start at less than this and there are some good deals to be had in Sunset Pearl. PM me if I can help.

C

chris_property

I have to say the youtube video of Sahl Hasheesh is impressive! This will be a really nice part of the coastline and having bought in Makadi Bay having Sahl Hasheesh close by will be a bonus also to visit.

Once these areas mature this will be a really nice location to own propety in for everyone who has bought in these locations.

Chris

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Orascom Development and Management

I have to say the youtube video of Sahl Hasheesh is impressive! This will be a really nice part of the coastline and having bought in Makadi Bay having Sahl Hasheesh close by will be a bonus also to visit.

Once these areas mature this will be a really nice location to own propety in for everyone who has bought in these locations.

Chris
With the success of El Gouna and the increase in popularity of Makadi Bay, you may now understand the scale of projects Orascom are involved.
Quoted in an April press release:

Egyptian Resorts Company, Egypt's largest Master Developer confirmed that Orascom Development Holding has taken a 4.5% equity stake in ERC, underscoring the longterm prospects of their partnership. Under the agreement, which covers approximately 2.5 million square meters including the Marina, ERC will remain the owner of the property, while ODM will market, sell, and manage the development of the Marina and surrounding real estate.

The nine‐year deal will give ERC a consistent revenue and profit stream during the development phase as well as a further recurring revenue stream as the Marina comes online.

ODH Chairman and CEO Samih Sawiris stated “The proposal to partner once again with ERC on what could well become a phenomenal marina development on the Red Sea. We can think of no better partner with whom to build this critical component of Sahl Hasheesh.”

Status
Not open for further replies.