• Hurghada

Votes: 18 48.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

awahee123

Banned
I prefer Hurghada myself,however if you want quite then its sal if you want ,a bit more to do then its further inland,however in a few years I think everywhere will have the hustle and bustle of Egypt its just so nice to be there,where ever you buy just make sure its what you want and like not the agent,if you cant make your mind up dont buy if youre happy buy.That part of the world is nice no matter what.

D

deejay

there is room enough in the red sea for all kinds of budgets, on the size of sahl hasheesh but a smaller budget gamsha bay is quite promising.if you have the budget for sahl hasheesh maybe you should consider buying three budget apartments in hurghada, one large for you, two smaller for investment.

A

awahee123

Banned
I think you are right however there seems to be no £15000-£20000 apartments anymore like there was last year,I thhink popularity has pushed the prices up quickly.

W

WESTMIDS33

Banned
Hurghada v Sahl

I think you are right however there seems to be no £15000-£20000 apartments anymore like there was last year,I thhink popularity has pushed the prices up quickly.
Hi,
You are right about property prices going up in both Hurghada and Sahl. Sahl will be a fantastic resort once it is ready. Ive heard whats been said about the Beach front properties in Sahl being expensive but they all seem to have been snapped up. I went out in November and the proposed plans for Sahl look fantastic although at the moment there is a lot of development going on. Ive been particularly interested in a project being set up just behind the main front approx 100-150 metres from the Beach. It is called Paradise Gardens and im told that its a lot cheaper than some of the other current projects in Sahl. In addition it is also being developed by the Pyramisa group who have built an absolutely fantastic 5 Star hotel in Sahl.

Does anyone else have any info on this as im told that it will be backing onto a 18 hole golf course?

Most tourists want to enjoy the Sun and if they want the culture/hustle bustle of Old Egypt then they can go to Sekalla, Dahar in Hurghada. Its only a cheap taxi ride away.

Regards

Westmids33:)

D

dave99

Works in reverse also

Hi,
You are right about property prices going up in both Hurghada and Sahl. Sahl will be a fantastic resort once it is ready. Ive heard whats been said about the Beach front properties in Sahl being expensive but they all seem to have been snapped up. I went out in November and the proposed plans for Sahl look fantastic although at the moment there is a lot of development going on. Ive been particularly interested in a project being set up just behind the main front approx 100-150 metres from the Beach. It is called Paradise Gardens and im told that its a lot cheaper than some of the other current projects in Sahl. In addition it is also being developed by the Pyramisa group who have built an absolutely fantastic 5 Star hotel in Sahl.

Does anyone else have any info on this as im told that it will be backing onto a 18 hole golf course?

Most tourists want to enjoy the Sun and if they want the culture/hustle bustle of Old Egypt then they can go to Sekalla, Dahar in Hurghada. Its only a cheap taxi ride away.

Regards

Westmids33:)
Anyone who does not wish to pay to stay in Sahl can just go for a visit.

Everyone should be happy

W

WESTMIDS33

Banned
Anyone who does not wish to pay to stay in Sahl can just go for a visit.

Everyone should be happy

Hi,
It will depend on various factors I believe. Firstly individual taste ie would a tourist want to go to stay in certain parts of hurghada if the cost of Hotels/Apartments is the same in Sahl? The old comparison would you stay in Bournemouth or Monaco if the price is the same for rental? At the moment Sahl will take at least 2-3 years before it is fully functional. The addition of the Serrenia Project will only go to enhance its worth.

Hurghada in the village road area has the right idea with its layout at the moment but I agree with earlier forum comments that there needs to be tighter control over the type of development in the area. Classic example is the Suledar/desert Pearl situation. It creates a negative for potential investors in Hurghada.

Regards
Westmids33

A

awahee123

Banned
I think both places have their good points its simply a matter of what you are willing to accept.If you are happy with Hurghada and being away from the beach then so be it,if you are wanting something with a beach location then there's nothing wrong with the likes of Sahl and El gouna,as Dave99 states we can all visit all the different locations within Egypt.

D

deejay

you are all right in your way, lets face it egypt is still 65% undeveloped, there is room enough for all

A

awahee123

Banned
You are right deejay1 plenty of space here with plenty of developments,there is always something better than what we may have,however if you are happy with what you have that's all that matters.

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Because Egyptians say....

why????????????????
they are as "Cheap as Chips".....

These "Asda Price" properties (another local saying) are just that, CHEAP and what do you get for going cheap?

Problems.

Now Orascom are a good development company with backing so they didn't need lots of rogue agents. However Sahl Hasheesh is already a location of quality developments both finished and under construction. It's infrastructure is well ahead of the rest.

But you pay a price for quality... It's the difference between Monte Carlo and Cannes as opposed to Bridlington and Brighton.

Alan.

El Gouna Property

El Gouna Property

Banned

These "Asda Price" properties (another local saying) are just that, CHEAP and what do you get for going cheap?

Problems.

Now Orascom are a good development company with backing so they didn't need lots of rogue agents. However Sahl Hasheesh is already a location of quality developments both finished and under construction. It's infrastructure is well ahead of the rest.

But you pay a price for quality... It's the difference between Monte Carlo and Cannes as opposed to Bridlington and Brighton.

Alan.
Well Said Alan

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Problems.

Alan.
You may not need to pay the earth Alan, I have been working on sourcing new safe projects as you know after what we have all been through and have something in Sahl Hasheesh starting at €40,000 for a 1 bed and €50,000 for a 2 bed. Just waiting for final licence and the nod from DWS, before selling but taking reservations at the moment.

I have just arrived in Egypt to meet with the developer again and it is all looking very good, meeting DWS on Friday in Cairo and have been invited to the Queens Ball at the Embassy so will meet all the right people to ask all the right questions :):smile::smile::smile::smile:

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Take a look at the website for the Old Town at Sahl Hasheesh which shows things are heading in the right directiion now for Sahl Hasheesh investors!
Old Town Sahl Hasheesh - Hurghada Best Attraction

Regards
Penny
This just shows how good Sahl Hasheesh is going to be, they even have their own website telling you what is happening (communication, the missing link in Egypt so far). All you lucky people on phase 1 have invested very well.

J

johnwayne

Banned
hi neil , what developments were on phase 1? thanks and how much approx are 2 bedrooms?

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

hi neil , what developments were on phase 1? thanks and how much approx are 2 bedrooms?
Phase 1 developments so far are Palm Beach Piazza, El Andalous, Sunset Pearl, Riviera Gardens, Cleopatra, Ocean Breeze, Paradise Gardens and a couple others, plus some yet to be started like the new one we are looking at. Also in phase 1 are 2 maybe 3 golf courses, one already being grassed. This is going to be an amazing resort.

Not sure which 2 beds you mean as there are different prices?

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Value for money.

This just shows how good Sahl Hasheesh is going to be, they even have their own website telling you what is happening (communication, the missing link in Egypt so far). All you lucky people on phase 1 have invested very well.
And check out the Sahl Hasheesh Bay master plan for La Mondial on YouTube

paste on google http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnR6wy8WRx4
or look in my Coralife-Style website under Hurghada Locations.

Alan. Coralife-Style Consultants.

R

rumbaba

Sahl Hasheesh does look amazing. But I would recommend Makadi by Orascom which is near Sahl. It is less than half the price and being built by a highly reputed developer that built El Gouna which is very expensive now.

Makadi is near Sahl Hasheesh and so your just a short drive away!

Status
Not open for further replies.