Red Sea Pearl, Sunset and Isis development

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CMChris

Just sent WWD an email, now holding my breath in anticipation of a reply, failing that going onto a 12l tank if someone could change it in 1 1/2hr plz. :D

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

As you know i have been trying to get an answer on this for you all, i have spoken to Mark at WWD and he said they are going to continue with Sunset but no others and a statement will be issued. I know they are very busy at the moment and he is back in Egypt at the request of the Red Sea Governor and the directors of the bank that are providing the mortgages as they are having a big press and TV campaign etc... I will get an answer for you as soon as i can and will update all the people i have on the distribution list as normal and also post something on here.

C

CMChris

I have sent 2 emails to the web address on WWD site but both have come back via Mailer Demon. So back to square 1.

C

CMChris

Unless you've made a typo that letter means that Sunset is now complete!!!!!! It was due for completion in October 2009 anyway, so not much difference really. If the year should read 2009 then why have Sunset Pearl buyers received notification from D'Elise designs that the developement would be completed by January 2009 and to order furniture packs ASAP? Until WWD or Pyramisa inform me themselves (which could well be in the next millenium at this rate) I'm staying with the October date as per my contract.

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Good news from WWD, see letter below. This was sent to the agent Our Home Abroad in Portsmouth for their clients so i am sure it is valid for all buyers:)

Dear Purchaser

I am writing to you regarding your property in Sunset Pearl, Sahl Hasheesh. As you know your purchase contract states that the completion of your property will take place at the end of 2009. We have recently been notified by our constructors that the properties will in fact be available for completion much sooner than originally anticipated.

Due to a change in their work scheme, they were able to begin constructing the development several months earlier than they had initially planned. Consequently, they are ahead of schedule and expect completion to be able to take place in approximately September/October 2008.

Those of you that would like to complete on the earlier date will be able to do so and we will of course be able to give you further information on the mortgage facility prior to completion. I appreciate that some of you may not be in position to complete on your property early, and please rest assured that this is not a problem. You are entitled to wait until the completion date which is stated in your contract.

If you would like to ask any questions on this matter please do not hesitate to email me and in the meantime I will ensure that Our Home Abroad will receive updates on the situation.

Yours sincerely

Michael Lynn
Executive Director
Hi John, Michael Lynn no longer works at WWD. Completion has been put back to April/May by Pyramisa, what we need is a statement as to who is running it now, either WWD or Pyramisa. As far as i know WWD are carrying on with Sunset but then Pyramisa is taking over Red Sea and Isis (Riviera Gardens and Cleopatra). This still needs confirming.

J

jamo9760

I am flying out on the 2nd of January again,for 1 week only.So i will take a good look around and take some up to date photos for you all.I was out there twice in Oct,and things were moving along at a great pace.So fingers crossed it cannot be far off completion.

R

Razanne99

I am flying out on the 2nd of January again,for 1 week only.So i will take a good look around and take some up to date photos for you all.I was out there twice in Oct,and things were moving along at a great pace.So fingers crossed it cannot be far off completion.
Hi demon where are you staying

We are flying oiut on Friday for 3 weeks staying at the Desert Pearl ph 1

Might be nice to meet if u got time

andy

J

jamo9760

Hi demon where are you staying

We are flying oiut on Friday for 3 weeks staying at the Desert Pearl ph 1

Might be nice to meet if u got time

andy
I am also staying at Desert Pearl 1,i also have an apartment there.It would be good to meet up.Is it your first time to visit Hurghada,or have you been before.

J

jamo9760

Thanks Demon Diver, I think they give you a good idea of the progress being made with development. Sahl Hasheesh is starting to look amazing the place is going to be awesome when complete, however, I think it will be 5 years before from now until the place is to tourist destination on its own.

Where abouts are you buying in Sahl Hasheesh?
We are buying a 3 bed at Sunset Pearl.Where are you buying.

J

jamo9760

I buying a 1 bedroom pentouse on Red Sea Pearl or is it Riviera Gardens?????
Weare flying out on the 2nd Jan,so if there is any great change i will let you know.we were last out in Oct,and going on your photos it looked pretty much the same as those.Have a good Christmas.Will let you know how things are going...

S

scubadoo

Weare flying out on the 2nd Jan,so if there is any great change i will let you know.we were last out in Oct,and going on your photos it looked pretty much the same as those.Have a good Christmas.Will let you know how things are going...
Thanks for that any update is good as you don get anything worth having from WWD.

Have a good Xmas and a Happy New Year.

J

jamo9760

Just returned from Hurghada,nothing much changed since the last photos were posted.They seem to be working slowly on the rear of the development,ground works etc.

C

CMChris

Which makes me wonder if we'll be going through the same problems those at DP1 are having. Apartments and pool area completed and the rest just abandoned. I would like to know the Egyptian legal definition for completion in this case and how it affects us.

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Which makes me wonder if we'll be going through the same problems those at DP1 are having. Apartments and pool area completed and the rest just abandoned. I would like to know the Egyptian legal definition for completion in this case and how it affects us.
Hi CMChris, i hope you are ok. This should be completley different from DP due to it being Pyramisa and not El Riad. Pyramisa will complete because if they don't sell all the apartments they can always put them in a rental pool from the hotel and offer them like that until sold so it is in their interest to finish it correctly. El Riad need to sell the apartments to generate the income and as most are sold i can only guess they are all waiting for the mortgages to come through although i think DP1 is the closest El Riad have come to completing a project:) I don't think there is an Egyptian legal definition for completed:D

J

jamo9760

I have an apartment at Desert Pearl one,and i sincerely hope we hope dont have the same problems here, as we have there.

J

jamo9760

This is the only forum still open at the moment for anything to do with WWD for some reason.Why is that!!!!can anyone shed any light on this.

J

jamo9760

How was Hurghada Neil,did you enjoy it.Sorry missed you this time,will hopefully catch up if you visit again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.