Recommended Hotels/Places to Stay In Egypt?

queenie40something

queenie40something

Sho - how cool is that. I know if you are lucky at certain times of the year you can spot them when out on a boat trip. I have been March, April, June, July, October, Nov and Dec and not been lucky to get so much of a glimpse.

It is my sisters dream to go whale watching.

The best all inclusive hotel in Egypt we have been to was also our 1st visit to Egypt.

Tropicana Garden Palms which is just outside Naama Bay on the airport side. Brilliant. Not by wow this is 5 star ( think rated 4 on Egyptain standards ) but the cleanliness, staff, service etc etc. The pool boys cant do enough for you and as soon as you move they come and straighten your towel, if you get up to try and touch the parasol they are there for you. Bar man always coming round the pool asking if you want more drinks. I was continually served whilst I was in the pool.

We never had to queue for anything.

The food was amazing. Buffet style but piping hot. Duck, beef wellington, lasagne, lamb on the spit. You name it ( apart from pork ) we had it. They even had the chefs outside as well by their own stations cooking their specials in the evenings - BBQ whole fish, crab, deep fried handmade everything.

The cleaners seemed to be always there. In the lobby as soon as someone went in or out of the glass doors they were there making sure there were no dirty paw prints. The marble floor was always sparkling.

The only downside is that it doesnot have its own beach but the hotel provides a free shuttle bus to its sister hotel on the beach with amazing reefs for snorkelling and you also get free towels and lunch and drinks there with your all inclusive option. They also offer free bus to Naama.

This hotel defo made us come back to Egypt a 2nd time and the rest is history.

If we choose AI again then I would only go back to Tropicana.

Fab.

M

miss_caramel

Nile Hilton in Cairo has to be on of the best locations where you can enjoy a wonderful sunset from your balcony overlooking the Nile and Zamalek, with luck you can see the pyramids.

A

awahee123

Banned
Can anyone recommend a good hotel for a few nights in Hurghada.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Can anyone recommend a good hotel for a few nights in Hurghada.
Do you want cheap and chearful or 5* try hotels4u dot com they got us good deals also got la perla for £11.00 for two thats £5.50 per person per night bed and breakie, bit basic hotel but rooms clean. got them through otbeach dot com. hope this helps.

Jayne.

M

miss_caramel

La Perla

Do you want cheap and chearful or 5* try hotels4u dot com they got us good deals also got la perla for £11.00 for two thats £5.50 per person per night bed and breakie, bit basic hotel but rooms clean. got them through otbeach dot com. hope this helps.

Jayne.
La Perla is in a good location with a fantastic pizza restaurant underneath and a great bakery.
It's easy to get around from there on foot taxis or mini buses.

A

awahee123

Banned
I think mid range 3 to 4 star would be ok I'll have a look at la perla,anybody stayed in the safir?..

M

miss_caramel

I've heard that is is not bad. It looks quite "sweet" in comparison to all the other huge hotels here.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi WA try unpackaged.com as well or medhotels and medlifehotels

queenie40something

queenie40something

Morning WA - I have got some good deals to from these sites. Medlife was the last one in Sharm for £3 each for double room and £5 for single. Also got a good deal in Cairo.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Your welcome WA hope you find a good bargain.

V

VICKIG

Hiya,

I am a travel agent and have been to most of them in Egypt so here it goes.

Hurghada(Sahl) - Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh
Soma Bay - Intercontinental Abu Soma
Hurghada Centre - Grand Resort

Luxor East Bank - Sonesta St George
Luxor West Bank - Al Moudira
Luxor Family Choice - Ex Movenpick now Maritim

Aswan - Sofitel Old Cataract

Cairo Pyramids - Mena House Oberoi

Cairo Centre - Four Seasons Nile Plaza top top
Marriott
Sofitel El Gazeirah

Cairo Airport - Concorde El Salam
Intercontinental City Stars

Alexandria - Windsor Palace (not the best but very central)
Four Seasons San Simeon (Top Hotel)

Sharm El Sheikh -

All Inclusive - Concorde El Salam (Beach Side)
BB - Four Seasons, Hyatt Regency or Ritz Carlton

I am happy to provide any further recommendations for other areas or alternative hotels for different budget ranges/locations.

A

awahee123

Banned
The Melia Pharoa is no more,anybody have any further info on the new buyer?.

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi all,

I stayed at the Safir which is further up from the marriot it is a 4 star,3 nights bed and breakfast per person was £25 in a twin it was superb,own small beach,large pool,also offered some boat trips.Will post some pictures soon.Rooms were very good and were cleaned daily,internet was £4 for half an hour which I found to be expensive but overall it was a good hotel.If you stay in their annexe across the road I think you would get the same deal for about £20.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Movenpic Became Mrtim

To whom looking for a great hote i recommend you Movenpick Luxor that became martime its amazing i just was there spending my best vacation i ever have in my live its in an island inside the nile and realy great 5 stars hotel i hope Admin don't conside this promotion to anything i just realy want people to enjoy same as i did and have what i got i realy loved this hotel and will go there in any vacation

B

babette

J would not recommend La Perla, have been there myself.

Try Marlin Inn Hotel is in the Touristic Area, 4star great hotel, good food. Phone number
+20653443791/2
Good luck Babette

S

Sarah C

I would have to say the best hotel i have stayed in was the Sheraton Miramar in El Gouna, pure bliss!!! The marriott was also very good.
Sarahx

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
I would have to say the best hotel i have stayed in was the Sheraton Miramar in El Gouna, pure bliss!!! The marriott was also very good.
Sarahx
i can say Movenpic El Gouna, Intercontinental & Hilton hotels as well are best around