Recommended Hotels/Places to Stay In Egypt?

J

Jeremy Sturgess

Best Hotel in Egypt

IMHO the best hotel in Egypt is the Four seasons in Garden City or Sharm. Nothing else comes close that Ive seen.;)

One more request for help folks,

Need a hotel in Hurghada for myself, wife and 14 year old. Bed and Breakfast arrangement would be adequate as quite like to walk out in the evening for a meal. Don't need 5 star but good 3 or 4 star would be nice.
Needs swimming pool (preferably heated) as I'm hoping it is still warm enough to swim and be centrally located as we will be looking over several properties.

Recommendations please.........

Mark .Y.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Jeremy I agree the Four Seasons is simply the best - and prices to go with it.

I asked them to email me their menu as I was told it was around £100 for a meal for 2. But the prices are on par with a good restaurant in the UK with starters averaging £9 each and main around £18 which I dont think is expensive although it is for Egyptian standards.

We all know though - especially in Egypt - the well known saying ' you only get what you pay for '

J

Jeremy Sturgess

btw at four seasons garden city you can have a fixed price lunch menu at very reasonable under 200le in great italian restaurant overlooking nile.my favorite restaurant for lunch in cairo;)

Hi Jeremy I agree the Four Seasons is simply the best - and prices to go with it.

I asked them to email me their menu as I was told it was around £100 for a meal for 2. But the prices are on par with a good restaurant in the UK with starters averaging £9 each and main around £18 which I dont think is expensive although it is for Egyptian standards.

We all know though - especially in Egypt - the well known saying ' you only get what you pay for '

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Jeremy - that is excellent value - and the view is an added bonus as well.

V

VICKIG

Hi Jeremy,

Maybe you should give the Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh a go. Standard in on par with the Four Seasons and all rooms are suites.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh

I agree with 'Egypt'; here are some photos of the Oberoi...

its an amazing hotel!

Attachments

J

Jeremy Sturgess

very useful thanks. I had a friend in london call me recently asking about the oberoi but i had to say i didnt kow it but will now pass on your positive feedback

I agree with 'Egypt'; here are some photos of the Oberoi...

its an amazing hotel!

Georgina

Georgina

as all the hotels here are big, mass tourism styled hotels.

maybe taking one of the large luxury villas, near the sea,
There is 'Sweet Home' run by a German lady called Erica. As you drive from El Gouna to Hurghada, just before the Calimera Hotel there is a small pretty road with white villas and at the end the villas have been turned into a hotel. My friend has stayed there. If someone is looking for somewhere very quiet or they are purchasing in Oasis Marina and want to sit on a hotel veranda and admire the bay looking north to El Gouna. Nothing else to do there though unless you can join in the activities at the Calimera. Not sure of the prices but she has a website. You can walk along the beach north where there are many construction projects and eventually get to the Oasis marina site. And pick Erica's brain as to whether her business venture is profitable. I don't think it is so luxurious but she has been there quite a number of years.

R

rossantony

works then...

There is 'Sweet Home' run by a German lady called Erica. As you drive from El Gouna to Hurghada, just before the Calimera Hotel there is a small pretty road with white villas and at the end the villas have been turned into a hotel. My friend has stayed there. If someone is looking for somewhere very quiet or they are purchasing in Oasis Marina and want to sit on a hotel veranda and admire the bay looking north to El Gouna. Nothing else to do there though unless you can join in the activities at the Calimera. Not sure of the prices but she has a website. You can walk along the beach north where there are many construction projects and eventually get to the Oasis marina site. And pick Erica's brain as to whether her business venture is profitable. I don't think it is so luxurious but she has been there quite a number of years.
if she has been there a number of years it must be working! I think she sounds like a retired lady, making ends meet, by renting out B&B style..I like this as well, good reccomendation Georgina!

Georgina

Georgina

Luxor

I have stayed in many hotels in Luxor, Old Winter Palace, New Winter Palace, Meridien, Hilton and now the Sofitel Karnak. I prefer to be away from the town and along the quieter stretch of the River Nile looking over to the mountains on the West Bank so I am staying at Sofitel Karnak. I booked with Great Late Deals which was a bargain half board at around 20 quid. The pool is nice but quite busy so I take a sunbed down to the lower garden and park under a palm tree away from everyone but being right next to the river.

The Old Winter Palace I love but it is so busy outside the front and when you are around the pool in the back the gardens are lovely but you can forget where you are.

But the top end of the market has to be the Al Moudira Hotel on the West Bank. Ridiculousy expensive going by their website but totally different with 54 unique suites. If you really want some old Egyptian charm, top quality, isolation and peace and quite then this would be the choice. I hope this link to my photos works: Georgina Cole's Photos - Luxurious Luxor | Facebook

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
I have stayed in many hotels in Luxor, Old Winter Palace, New Winter Palace, Meridien, Hilton and now the Sofitel Karnak. I prefer to be away from the town and along the quieter stretch of the River Nile looking over to the mountains on the West Bank so I am staying at Sofitel Karnak. I booked with Great Late Deals which was a bargain half board at around 20 quid. The pool is nice but quite busy so I take a sunbed down to the lower garden and park under a palm tree away from everyone but being right next to the river.

The Old Winter Palace I love but it is so busy outside the front and when you are around the pool in the back the gardens are lovely but you can forget where you are.

But the top end of the market has to be the Al Moudira Hotel on the West Bank. Ridiculousy expensive going by their website but totally different with 54 unique suites. If you really want some old Egyptian charm, top quality, isolation and peace and quite then this would be the choice. I hope this link to my photos works: Georgina Cole's Photos - Luxurious Luxor | Facebook

HI
You should try Jolie Vile Hotel, Amazing island iside the nile its realy amazing

queenie40something

queenie40something

Four Seasons Sharm

Hi all

Im looking to book Paul and I in for an anniversary treat in FS in Sharm when we fly out in Oct but the prices are silly. Cant find anything under about £160 per night b n b for the two of us. Flying out 7th Oct so any nights up until the kids join us on 11th.

Thanks in advance.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi all

Im looking to book Paul and I in for an anniversary treat in FS in Sharm when we fly out in Oct but the prices are silly. Cant find anything under about £160 per night b n b for the two of us. Flying out 7th Oct so any nights up until the kids join us on 11th.

Thanks in advance.
Hello
I suggest you to Go To Movenpick Luxor, on the other side may be Ziad or friends live in Sharm Can help you, i can try some connections so if i succeed to get a better deal will let you know

M

M Butler

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the welcome back.

We got back to Egypt 2 weeks ago after 9 weeks in the gloomy weather in London/Glasgow so really happy to be back.

I only stayed in one hotel in Cairo and that was the Marriott Mirage which is out near the Airport. Very nice pools for kids and adults and a championship golf course. Hubby's company paid for it though but I don't think it is overly expensive if you can get residents /corporate rates.

I would contact the various hotels directly to see what rates you can get. In a few months time you may find some good bargains as less and less people go on holiday.
Don't stay in the Sofitel in Maadi as they are famous for food poisoning.

cheers,
Margaret

Georgina

Georgina

Hello Margaret,

Lovely to see you back with us and so glad that you are at last in your new home.

Oddly enough I was just thinking about you yesterday. We're hoping to go to Cairo in a few months but don't want to stay with the relatives for a change. I was thinking that if Maragaret was still around maybe she could suggest a good hotel that won't break the bank!!.... and here you are.

Best wishes
Linda
I use GreatLateDeals.co.uk - Late Deal Flights, Hotels and Holidays to Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Majorca, Ibiza, Greece, Spain Turkey an much more. for all my Cairo hotel bookings. Usually just stay in the President Hotel in Zamalek because I like the Cairo Cellar Bar in the basement. I pay around 18 sterling for B&B twin for single use.

In October I am staying at the Oasis Hotel near Giza and the Meridien Heliopolis (for shopping at City Stars :) ).

L

Lsab

Thank you Margaret, will check the prices.

Thanks Georgina, will have a look at the website now.

M

M Butler

Georgina,

I will certainly look at these also as the prices are definitely lower than I would have thought.

Margaret.

L

Lsab

Hi Alison

Thanks loads. Have you stayed in Cairo on your Egyptian travels before?
xx