Recommendations of trusted agents / developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WESTMIDS33

Banned
What reputation?

So basically speaking, an agent who knowingly recommended a dodgey developer would be ruined reputation wise?
Hi Glen,

Im new to the game of doing this agent stuff but I agree with Awahees comments. If you sell only what you believe in and what you would buy you cant go far wrong.

When you talk about reputation it is sad to say but some agents would sell ice to the eskimos without batting an eyelid. Their reputations should be ruined but what you will find is that they will usually move areas/markets and start selling elsewhere without Joe Public being aware.

My advice would be dont rely solely on the agent. Get yourself out there and see for yourself rather than look at fancy artwork of a proposed project.

I would also say that you should get a good lawyer. The lawyers in Egypt are not all dishonest but just simply inflate their price fror the British ie greedy.

I have spoken to several and some that have been recommended on this forum are the culprits ie usually lawyers will ask a reasonable price from each other around the world eg its a brotherly lawyer thing but even I have had attempts made to rip me off. lol.

Regards

Westmids33

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Glen no matter how good your agent is this is no substitute for employing a competent lawyer to represent you. We can advise you on this and point clients in the right direction but most clients don't listen and do their own thing! Our job is to find you the best property currently available and to advise you of the best people to help you. No agent is an expert in all aspects of your purchase; thats why you need a competent lawyer.
Our advice is freely given and totally independent; its up to our clients to decide whether they take it. I would rarely if ever trust an Egyptian lawyer practicing in Egypt; this is based on experience. Some lawyers like Zeiad seem to be an exception but you have to judge for yourself.
However, our advice is based on years of experience; think of the potential pitfalls for buyers who decide to 'go it alone' without the benefit of good advice.
What a real good advice Peter, I hope people listen to us as we have the experience here and see what real problems are, we try to help, tell the truth and all information that buyers have the right decision and we try to protect them as its not hit and run, its like a member of the fmaily for our agent if he or she is happy and safe we will be same, good agents do their best to serve clients and that why we talk here on this forum

J

jeremy bright

Hi all. I too am new at this, but my partner and i are looking to purchase/invest in a property, in Hurghada, called 'Hurghada Village'. It is off-plan, and is due to be complete, in August 2008. We have found a 2 bed apartment, 75sqm, on the 2nd floor, at a price of £26,600, of course this is unfurnished, but with furniture pack, and all legal fees,(that we have been informed of),should come to no more than £33,000. I am currently, liasing with a company called, 'Knight Knox international ltd'. The guy i am dealing with, has been extremely helpful, and 'so far' seems to of answered all the questions that i can think to put to him. He has sent me floor plans, discriptions of the area, i.e. Mosque, School, Garage, etc, and even included the, 'details of airlines, flights, day's they travel etc etc. As well as jpg's of furniture packs etc etc. He is asking for a reservation deposit of £2000. I wondered has anybody out there ever used, Knight Knox??/ and if so, what are your feelings and thought's about this company?? Any replies, no matter how small, good or bad, would be much appreciated. Thankyou. Be safe.

hi Paul1964 what happened to your interest in hurghada you only put the two posts on this page did you go ahead with the purchase. as like you went through knight knox and bought a studio in the village and found out they are only there to take your money as had better places on there books at the time with discounts from same developer but never told me about them as wanted me to pay full price in the one was told about

Last edited:
realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
hi Paul1964 what happened to your interest in hurghada you only put the two posts on this page did you go ahead with the purchase. as like you went through knight knox and bought a studio in the village and found out they are only there to take your money as had better places on there books at the time with discounts from same developer but never told me about them as wanted me to pay full price in the one was told about
Hi All what i can say to any one come and see it in real beffore you buy anything

J

Jeremy Sturgess

Recommended developers

Hi

I am looking at purchasing property in Hurghada and would like to hear of recommendations of developers/ agents who are trustworthy and helpful throughout the buying process.

thx
Ive come accross a few developers in Egypt over the last couple of years.in Cairo I was impressed with Khaled Abou Taled and his brother Tarek who developed Kattemaya Heights Golf Community and who have recently done Kattameya Dunes their second golf project - another huge success. Khaled is also President of the Egyptian Golf Foundation and Ive had some dealings with him on the new Golf Project in Gouna. Very honest I would say.

My dealings with Orascom over my purchase of a villa in Gouna were very straitforward and it gave me great confidence that the Sawiris family who own Orascom and thus Gouna are so prominent in Egypt and concerned to protect their hard won reputation.

Im sure Damac and Emaar from Dubai can be trusted as they again have reputations to protect and I believe their entry into the market will be very positive.

Another developer whove Ive met is a chap called Fady Iskandar who has a scheme at Sahl called Azur something or other. Hes v good and trustworthy.

I think its always sensible to be wary of developers who may be small local outfits and foreign developers unless they are well known. Track record is everything and even if most people are honest I think often situations arise with developments where less well capitalised developers have little option but to resort to llower standards than you would hope as they are often just trying to survive.

Hope this helps

Jeremy

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Jeremy - thanks for yor input.

New buyers will find this info very useful.

E

Emu49

This thread is really informative to read. I found the comments about not being able to trust any Egyptian lawyer very interesting and at the same time worrying. The Egyptian law is so different from Uk and Europe. Also the contracts must be in Arabic. So you must have an Egyptian Lawyer. I think that some people are expecting too much from their agents. Why should the agents check and verify the legal status of what they sale? They don't do that in England. Thats left to the lawyers. Why should the agents suddenly become everything and take the risk? I agree with realestatemart. People must go and see for themselves and ask their own questions.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
This thread is really informative to read. I found the comments about not being able to trust any Egyptian lawyer very interesting and at the same time worrying. The Egyptian law is so different from Uk and Europe. Also the contracts must be in Arabic. So you must have an Egyptian Lawyer. I think that some people are expecting too much from their agents. Why should the agents check and verify the legal status of what they sale? They don't do that in England. Thats left to the lawyers. Why should the agents suddenly become everything and take the risk? I agree with realestatemart. People must go and see for themselves and ask their own questions.
thanks Emu but on other hands some projects the developer from UK so contracts in English only government green contract will be in arabic

S

Sarah C

Hi,

We have bought directly through Worldwide Destination. But after finding this site, i would recommend Neil at Rivermead. (he does post on here so you will be able to find him) He has help me so much, we arent even his clients but he keeps us updated and answers any questions i have. We will hopefully be buying another apartment at the end of the year beginning of next, and i will definately be using Neil.

Sarah

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi,

We have bought directly through Worldwide Destination. But after finding this site, i would recommend Neil at Rivermead. (he does post on here so you will be able to find him) He has help me so much, we arent even his clients but he keeps us updated and answers any questions i have. We will hopefully be buying another apartment at the end of the year beginning of next, and i will definately be using Neil.

Sarah
That why we are here as one family to help each other regardless to anything else, this is the main object of this forum

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Members looking for a lawyer would do well to remember our own Zeiad Yehia from this forum. Zeiad has given so much free advice and has never once tried to advertise his services or that of his company.

We often overlook what is right in front of our noses!

W

wayne_harris

Hi I tried to find out if our developer is a good one or not, by trying what you said and I had no joy. Not very good on the pc. Any ideas?

Cheers

L

lyndsay552

Hi I tried to find out if our developer is a good one or not, by trying what you said and I had no joy. Not very good on the pc. Any ideas?

Cheers
Hi Wayne,

not sure who your message was aimed at. Do you want to expand a bit?

Lyndsay

K

kc67

Hi,

Sarah
Sarah I totally agree with you, Neil from Rivermead gets a big thumbs up from me - he has been extremely helpful and forthcoming with information at all times. Even helping others who have been badly let down by their own agents.

W

wayne_harris

Hi Lyndsay,
I read what Janoulaki had said, and just thought I will have a go and check out the developer thats dealing with Regency Towers. But didn't get any where. But you have done it all through them and they have been ok haven't they? We have just got our reservation form through. The estate agents in egypt are having trouble with there emails at the moment. So its a bit frustrating for us at the moment.

Wayne

D

dave99

Hi Lyndsay,
I read what Janoulaki had said, and just thought I will have a go and check out the developer thats dealing with Regency Towers. But didn't get any where. But you have done it all through them and they have been ok haven't they? We have just got our reservation form through. The estate agents in egypt are having trouble with there emails at the moment. So its a bit frustrating for us at the moment.

Wayne
Never forget that selling property is a business. Everyone involved is hoping to take some advantage from their involvement, whether that be direct or indirect.

As a potential buyer who probably has no personal knowledge of any agent or deveoper or lawyer or anyone else in Egypt, this forum is a very good place to start your journey, however NEVER assume that because other people have bought into a particular development that "they" must have done anything to prove "stuff" that you need to know.

Many people can help to get you information but you still need to know what to look for and how to read it.

Many Agents do their own due diligence and if it is genuinely independant it's probably the best you're going to get. If it's a copy from the developers lawyer maybe not so re-assuring.
One problem is that we asume that we can use a reliable firm of lawyer to do everything as in the UK but that seems somewhat difficult and potentially quite costly.

No simple method that will solve all problems but there are things that should make you more concerned about some companies than others.

For example:

- if you cannot get a copy of anything that proves the land ownership BEFORE you sign
- if you cannot get the name of the developer (may be different to the land owner)
- if you cannot get the name of the construction company
- if you cannot get a sample contract - ALWAYS in English & Arabic
- if there are bad experiences noted on this forum about agents or developers
- if you cannot get anything to prove that the land does not have a mortgage on it
- if you cannot get a copy of the Building License

All of the above should be freely available to genuine buyers whether direct from the developer or an agent.

If you need to resort to using a lawyer to get this stuff then I'd be a bit concerned !

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
I believe we have purchased through a very good agent. our idea of a good agent is based on the following critera

1. empathic and understanding of our situation
2. acting in our best interest
3. acts honestly, dilligently
4. keeps us informed
6. answers our questions
7. doesnt give the hard sell

he has exceeded our expectation and i would wholeheartedly recommend him..

i have receive contact from agents who have tried spin, been agressive, criticised our our purchase and bluntly refused to give information..
more fool them..

shame the good ones are often tarred with the same brush

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi Lyndsay,

Wayne
Who Sid We have emails problem in Egypt?????????? that is wrong information wayne, we are online around the day and can answer your questions, Developer of Regency Tower is ok and you can depend on him, depends which agent you choosed to work with and depend on

L

Lsab

I believe we have purchased through a very good agent. our idea of a good agent is based on the following critera

1. empathic and understanding of our situation
2. acting in our best interest
3. acts honestly, dilligently
4. keeps us informed
6. answers our questions
7. doesnt give the hard sell

he has exceeded our expectation and i would wholeheartedly recommend him..

i have receive contact from agents who have tried spin, been agressive, criticised our our purchase and bluntly refused to give information..
more fool them..

shame the good ones are often tarred with the same brush
Can I ask who is your agent?

Status
Not open for further replies.