Miscellaneous Questions: Post them here

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DubaiDan

gtmash said:
No more extra fees added on yet?
Only by Dewa - Dh60 "reconnection" fee - even though the property is brand new and therefore has never been disconnected in the first place. So far as Nakheel is concerned (and of cours I speak as a tenant not an owner) everything is paid nothing more to be charged.

S

stuartravald

well i also sent mine via royal mail and it cost around £4 and arived safely less than a week later

L

laguna33p

£:dir rate has fallen a lot today, should have paid those charges last week! better to wait or shall i pay???

L

laguna33p

nakheel have revamped their IC website, the old one was getting a bit long in the tooth, the new one gives a lot more info incl. al warsan lake.

A

AA3003

RE: ENGLAND

Hi,

Am glad I found this forum. It's good to know I'm not alone in this mess.

I just can't seem to get any concrete answers on a realistic handover date. However somone in Nakheel's so called customer service had mentioned that keys are being handed over.

If anyone from the England cluster has gotten key in hand. I'd be glad to hear it.

Cheers,

Aaron

B

BAkhtar

International City CBD

I bought a Studio in Riviera Laketower in the CBD. I hear that the handovers are to be done in about a months time, by say April last week

The Studios are good size about 545 sft. and the building is less than a kilometre away from the Dragon Mart adjacent to some China Clusters.

Anybody else bought there?? Any experiences?? What would be rental like for Studios like mine. I gather that in most of the buildings the ground level would be reserved for shops and showrooms. If we have some local members, their comments would be welcome! I guess IC is a nice place and will become better with time.

B

BAkhtar

Riviera Lakeview Location

Here are couple of pics to show the location of the CBD and the Lakeview Apartments....

nima

nima

morocco

Razneer said:
Are the orange buildings in that picture Spanish Sector?
hi

i am sure that those ones are of morocco cluster and the pink ones are china cluster.:)

L

laguna33p

on a lighter note, the yanks always want to the superior to everyone else, well i dont see a US sector at IC. For once, the yanks have been left out!

S

Sadozai

Dilemma : my agent says I should let the tenants do the DEWA registration, so that all liabilities are their's.

But i want to come to dubai on a long vacation with my girlfriend & want to stay for a month in my apartment , which i'm told, doesn't have electricity or water :(

Is there a way that i can get the dewa registration for a month or two, & then transfer it to my tenant.
If so, will i get my AED 2000 deposit back??????

Please advise...

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wayneis

Sadozai You will get your 1,000 AED DEWA deposit back. You advise DEWA when the last day you will be in the apartment and would like the Electricity and Water Meter read on that day so you can pay and receive your refund.

New tenant will then go to DEWA and pay his/her deposit DEWA will charge them

S

Sadozai

Is it that easy??? or will i be jerked around by Dewa in the same way as by Nakheel & my estate agent :(

Also my agent told me the deposit was Aed 2000, will i get 1000 back or 2000???

I still don't have my Nakheel contract, will Dewa ask me for it????

W

wayneis

Deposit only 1,000 AED
Link here to activate service on line

Check out the DEWA web site all your questions and more will be answered!
DEWA: Customer Guide

Your better off asking those questions directly to DEWA via the web site email link.

My case I was told
Application form from DEWA
Meter Reading and Consumer Number( This consumer number is attached near the door entrance)
Copy of Passport
Copy of Property sales Agreement Page 1, page 2 and Final Page
Security Deposit definitely only 1,000 AED for each apartment

Last edited:
B

BAkhtar

Agents or crooks!

Sadozai said:
Is it that easy??? or will i be jerked around by Dewa in the same way as by Nakheel & my estate agent :(

Also my agent told me the deposit was Aed 2000, will i get 1000 back or 2000???

I just can't figure out why at every stage the "AGENTS" are always telling lies about fee and charges for anything and everything. Is Dubai and especially International City a place full of AGENTS who are basically crooks on the lookout to make a fast buck here and there?

I think its is best to approach the authorities directly and have your facts clear before approaching an "AGENT".

The Security Deposit is 2000 for Villas/Houses and 1000 for Flats!

W

wayneis

WARNING Please check with Nakheel over all fees that "Agents" will ask you for.

One of the many reasons that there are so many agents is that it is easy money. For the most part you can promise the moon and still not be held accountable as there are no consumer laws here that you enjoy in the Western World and take for granted.

L

laguna33p

these agents are going to become really rich with our money, i wonder when the bubble will burst?

Status
Not open for further replies.