Las cabanas

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deanosparky

Hi all.

Thats great news, about the enviromental protection!!

Roberto you asked if anyone had different delivery dates. I have in my contract the first quarter of this year 2009, which has clearly come and gone, so do you think i will be able to get some compensation for this delay?

Mr Hany Samir, from the sales dept of the developer phone me last Christmas about the delay and said it would be ready by December 2010.

Do you think that the handover date will mean that the properties can be moved into straight away- with all landscaping completed or is it purely the apartment blocks and the grounds ect.. will be finished afterwards?

C

chriscross34

Roberto, how do you know so much about this development? im not complaining but id be even more happy if we were getting these assurances directly from the developer.

queenie40something

queenie40something

I agree Chris.

Deano - you should have a late penalty clause in your contract so I would speak to your lawyer about any late penalty payments due.

R

robertoferrante

Chris, I got these info directly from the Cairo offices. You should email to Hany and ask him the same updating, so we could compare the info. I'm in contact with the marketing manager at the moment for my furniture business, so he can be a bit more updated...maybe :)))
I have the late penalty clause on my villa contract, do you have the same Deano?
For delivery I mean the block itself, maybe also the landscape around, but I don't think much more than this. The most important issue connected to delivery of units is the supermarket, that should be completed in the last quarter o this 2009.

Geir

Geir

Hi Julie;-)

Hi Debs,
Welcome aboard, nice to meet another neighbour. Im in block 13, 2523.

If during your visit you could take some photos that would be good to see how things are coming along . I was out there last Nov so keen to see the progress. I can recommend the hotel on site if your planning to stay over in Marsa at all.
Look forward to hearing your news.

Julie
And we are the other neighbour at apartment 2524 ;-)))) From Norway!

Our contract says handover march 2009 and a compensation to us as buyers starting three months after march 2009 with 0,5 % each months off the payment we have done. After six months its 1,5% each monts.

So we should pray to Ramses II that they do pay US ;-))))

Regards Geir and Torunn.

R

robertoferrante

Hi Geir,
did you paid totally? If I were in your situation, I would have stopped at least last installment...
Did anybody write you anything to aplogize and giving you reasons of that?
Roberto

Geir

Geir

Hi Roberto

Hi Geir,
did you paid totally? If I were in your situation, I would have stopped at least last installment...
Did anybody write you anything to aplogize and giving you reasons of that?
Roberto
Hi!
We havent payed the last innstallment. According to our contract we shall pay it when our apartment is finished ans that should have been end off march 2009!

Regards Geir.

Geir

Geir

lawyer

..then you can bargain!
Ok!

I think we need to have a lawyer to look at our contract. I think its better to be in front off the prosess than after its finished.

Is there anyone here on this forum who can recomed a good lawyer who knows about propertycontracts like ours?

And who isnt in the "pocket " off the developer.

Regards Geir and Torunn.

R

robertoferrante

I guess the best solution is to bargain at the end, like Queenie suggests...
The lawyer are always expensive and not easy to deal with...especially here :)
The penalty is clearly indicated: you'll calculate the amount and simply balance with the remaining payment. If I were you I'd act like that.
Anyway, I can tell you that all the Units in Block 1 are ready since long, but none of the owner signed for the handover yet, due to the absence of landscape and Supermarket not finsihed yet. Nobody can live there easily at the moment. So it is better a situation like yours: at least, as the unit is not finished yet, you have the chance to get a discount. Don't you think so?
Rob

Geir

Geir

discount

I guess the best solution is to bargain at the end, like Queenie suggests...
The lawyer are always expensive and not easy to deal with...especially here :)
The penalty is clearly indicated: you'll calculate the amount and simply balance with the remaining payment. If I were you I'd act like that.
Anyway, I can tell you that all the Units in Block 1 are ready since long, but none of the owner signed for the handover yet, due to the absence of landscape and Supermarket not finsihed yet. Nobody can live there easily at the moment. So it is better a situation like yours: at least, as the unit is not finished yet, you have the chance to get a discount. Don't you think so?
Rob
Hi Rob!

Well i hope so, i really hope so. And ofcourse we need a supermarket or we could eat at the hotel. But what i miss is some newsletters from the developer telling me how things are going. In stead we have to write several emails to our contact in Sharm El Sheikh.
They have tried to help us but when even thy had problems getting in conact with the developer you really can be frustrated.

But thanks to you and others here on the forum we knows more about whats going on there..

Regards Geir.

C

chriscross34

Geir, although it is useful to share information between fellow investors, we shouldn't be doing the developers job for them. The developer has a duty of care to investors, part of the service should be to include regular updating.

Furthermore, buyer beware, all contracts should be checked prior to you signing them and if you are not clear on something, you should check it out.

If, and it is a big if, if I decide to proceed with the purchase of the studio, this will be on the basis that the development is properly marketed including regular updates and that secondly there is an agreed timeframe.

I will liaise with my agent regarding dates. I received my contract a month after it is dated and the handover date states April 2011. There is provision for compensation.

I will not sign the contract until I know that due dilligence has been followed and the contract has been checked out.

I have used Zeiad on here and have found him to be very knowledgable.

Chris

C

chriscross34

hi folks, found this fab link on youtube of the oriental sentido hotel on the resort:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6isq-b_rlFI]YouTube - Xperience Club Sentido Sunrise Oriental Dream Resort[/ame]

J

Julie Mee

Sentido Oriental

It is the same hotel as advertised on Travel Republic. I wrote the first British review on this site for the hotel. It is as good as it looks . The hotel had only been open for two weeks when I stayed there and even in its early stages of opening you could not fault the service and its amenities. I definantly would recommend it to anyone. Im hoping to go back soon. :)

queenie40something

queenie40something

Thanks Julie - yes it does look lovely and its great to have hotel recommendations as these can be very hit and miss in Egypt.

J

Julie Mee

Just made a last minute booking to Egypt to stay at Sentido Oriental. Fly out 8th July to 15th July. So will be able to see for myself how much or little progress has been made since I was there in Nov.

M

MrSkipsey

Just made a last minute booking to Egypt to stay at Sentido Oriental. Fly out 8th July to 15th July. So will be able to see for myself how much or little progress has been made since I was there in Nov.
Term time already>?!! :)

Julie, make sure you get loads of pics......Some of the hotel but I think we'd all like to see the building development and its surrounding areas.

How much was the deal to Sentido if you dont mind me asking? Did you not ask your agent to see if they could sort something out?

Mike.

J

Julie Mee

Will take lots of pics of development .!!
Because Im going on my own this time , it was working out quite expensive due to single supplements. Ive looked at every which way to get there.!!
Ive been looking at seperate flights & hotel, which I did last time. But I got a package this time with Thomas cook. £547. The prices have been going up & down daily!! Due to the single supp it was not any cheaper to go through hotel. What I need is an apartment Ha ha !!

Julie

Status
Not open for further replies.