Las cabanas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geir

Geir

Hi all,

I have just got off the phone to Mr Islam Erfan (Marketing manager)

I was discussing with him the delay of our apartments and the reasons for such a delay, and what compensation we can expect.

Firstly, the reason he believes the reason for the delay is some part of the construction companies fault in Marsa Alam and partly their bad management.

Secondly, as for compensation, they are in discussions about this, I asked when they may know an answer and he stated may be by the end of the year!

As for a completion date he has said April 2010, maybe beging of April but his honest opinion end of April. Personally I think maybe in May.

I hope this answers some questions.

Deano.
Hi!

According to reseved mail from Mr. Tarek in Sharm El Sheikh real estate we shall have compensation.

But thats at the handover. What we should have in mind is that we must stand together on this. Its not a "discussion" about our compensation ! We demand a compensation according to our contracts!

I was wondering how many in this forum has bought in block 12 and 13 with handover 31-3-2009?

Best regards Geir Moen.

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Clarification

Hi!

According to received mail from Mr. Tarek in Sharm El Sheikh real estate we shall have compensation.

But thats at the handover. What we should have in mind is that we must stand together on this. Its not a "discussion" about our compensation! We demand a compensation according to our contracts!

I was wondering how many in this forum has bought in block 12 and 13 with handover 31-3-2009?

Best regards Geir Moen.
In our experience, when you actually do the final contract validation, your legal representatives should debate the compensation issues as it is written. Only if your lawyers are strong enough to argue the case would you come out with satisfaction on handover. i.e. "force majeur" and cash-flow problems are not good enough excuses for late delivery.

Most developers will offer reduced management fees for a short period. However facilities are rarely ready, so this may be a poor alternative.

Some offer fitting the meters or furnishings for free. This barter situation may not be in everyones interest, so a united agreement of home buyers is the best solution Geir

Done through a good single lawyer he could also determine the legalities of future management contracts for everyone as investors fail to follow up what happens after they take possession.

Alan - Coralife-Style consultants.
for further independent advice e-mail [email protected]

jongdawson

jongdawson

We are 2426..........we will be asking for free air con. Jon.

Geir

Geir

delays at las cabanas

We are 2426..........we will be asking for free air con. Jon.
Jon!

Will that be enough? Does that cover the compensasion in your contract?

And we hope to see you when its finished;-))

Geir Moen.

D

Deanosparky

HI all I'm in block 13 apt 2512. I'm going to wait and see what the offer on the table is first. then I will assess the situation..

I think if you look into the contract as %, we wouldn't get a great deal of money from a year of late delivery.
So prob best to see what they offer and then decide.

D

Deanosparky

Good Luck Jon!!

Hi Jon, just a quick one to wish you good luck in Marsa and hopefully some successful stories and photos when you return.

Hope all goes well and have a gr8 Xmas and new year out there!!

Lets hope you get some answers, about a completion date and compensation.

If you get a spare minute maybe you could take some photos from and- of my apartment 2512. 1st floor 1 bed.

Thanks m8 and look forward to catching up when you get back!!

Deano.

Geir

Geir

happy christmas

Hi Jon, just a quick one to wish you good luck in Marsa and hopefully some successful stories and photos when you return.

Hope all goes well and have a gr8 Xmas and new year out there!!

Lets hope you get some answers, about a completion date and compensation.

If you get a spare minute maybe you could take some photos from and- of my apartment 2512. 1st floor 1 bed.

Thanks m8 and look forward to catching up when you get back!!

Deano.

Hi Jon

Would like to wish you a nice trip to Marsa Alam to.
If you have time my apartement is 2524:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Good luck and enjoy your stay.

Best regards Geir Moen.

jongdawson

jongdawson

Hi Geir and Deano...........we now have yet another contact in OUD!! We are seeing him next week on site. I have made a note of your apartment numbers and will do my very best to photograph them for you both. As soon as we get back, I will update everyone and post the photos here. If you would like them sending to your email......let me know and I will do that as well. All the best to all investors at Las Cabs........have a great Xmas and look forward to meeting you all soon!! Jon.

J

Julie Mee

Hi Geir and Deano...........we now have yet another contact in OUD!! We are seeing him next week on site. I have made a note of your apartment numbers and will do my very best to photograph them for you both. As soon as we get back, I will update everyone and post the photos here. If you would like them sending to your email......let me know and I will do that as well. All the best to all investors at Las Cabs........have a great Xmas and look forward to meeting you all soon!! Jon.
Hi jon
Hope you have a successful meeting next week on site & bring us all good news for the New Year. Have a lovely Christmas in Egypt & I hope that next year we can all get together for Christmas in Egypt.
Julie 2523

jongdawson

jongdawson

Hi Julie, thanks for that, we do plan to be there for Xmas 2010.......it would be great to arrange a private party for the residents.........Jon.

Geir

Geir

xmas 2010

QUOTE=jongdawson;119450]Hi Julie, thanks for that, we do plan to be there for Xmas 2010.......it would be great to arrange a private party for the residents.........Jon.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Yes that would be great:wavey: jon
Enjoy your stay and shake their asses :elefant:

Regard Geir Moen

If you send photos my email is [email protected]

jongdawson

jongdawson

Hi all, here we are as promised........I am not going to post my photos as you will be very disappointed. There has been very little progress over the last 6 months apart from the 2 hotels that they are building, they have really moved on with them, probably with our money!! Roberto reported some time ago that they were on with surfacing the roads.......this is true to a degree, but far from finished. In fact, where they have laid tarmac, it is not up to a finished height anyway. The areas around blocks 12 & 13 still look like a bomb site but have seen a little tidying. 12 & 13 now have all 3 storeys up to roof level and some infilling of the walls has been done. We stood in our apartment (no walls) and took in the views (very nice). We took a full tour of the site with the newly appointed site manager Bassem Gobran....a brilliant guy who is now permanently on site and very helpful. It seems that he has a wealth of experience in project management and speaks perfect english. Here are his contact [email protected]

He told us that the handover MUST take place in May at the latest!! Having actually been on site last week,I believe that this is realistic, but still remains to be seen. As for compensation, we were told that "discussions were taking place" and got no further with this subject. We were also told that ALL apartments were sold. There are foundations in for 2 more blocks but these are no more than slabs at the moment.

The "supermarket" shell is in place but looks like 6 months away from completion. The club house has moved on a lot. The domes are in place and the site area around it has seen a lot of tidying up. Going back to out site tour, it seems that someone has pulled together all the labour for a massive clean up. Although this does not help us, it must make it easier for the workers to get on with things.

We sort of ordered our air con whilst there. 4 units cost a shade under 3 grand. We visited a room in the Sentido to look at the furniture......not too shabby!! We also discussed discounts for residents at the hotel. Bassem was the originator of this proposal but would not commit to any rates as nothing has been decided!! We were also shown the new and "permanent" site office. For those of you who have not been to the site, OUD are currently using one of the apartments as their offices. They are moving to the new site within the next couple of months. I previously mentioned the supermarket.......there will also be a Pharmacy, an interior design outlet and something else which has not yet been rented!!

If there is anything that you feel I have missed, please let me know............Jon.

Geir

Geir

hmmmmm......

Hi Jon!

Thanks for your letter and photos....Hmmmm....why didnt this come as a surprise?
Well lets hope a new site manager can give the workers a kick. I realy do wonder if May is the finishingdate looking at the photos.....
But this should give us a huge compensation one way or another.....

Hope you had a plesent stay anyway Jon.

Best regards Geir Moen.

J

Julie Mee

Hi Jon,
Hope you had a good time despite the dissappointment. I would like to see some photos just to see how little it has progressed since I was there in July. Six months seems to easily pass by with very little to show for it. What we seem to think is an acceptable time to get it finished doesn't seem to happen over there. I think your right that the problem lies with them having so many projects on the go at once instead of completing one. Hopefully with site manager being there full time it will make progress.
Regarding the air con do you need a unit per room or how is this worked out ? Is it something we need to arrange with them now before completion , Is there any chance they might make contact and ask us what we want to do ?

Regards Julie

jongdawson

jongdawson

Hi Julie, if I were you, I would contact Bassem. They are most unlikely to contact you for your requirements. However, the apartments are plumbed and wired ready for air con. You need a unit in each room.....ours is 3 bed, therefore 3 x bedrooms and 1 x living area. Send me your email and I will forward some photos. The files are too big to load on this site. Regards.....Jon.

J

Julie Mee

Hi Jon,
Thanks for that info re air con. I knew there was a reason why I only had a 1 bed, I feel better now Ive just saved £1500 !!
When the hotel first opened the manager was called Bassem Gobran is this the same guy as I know they have a new manager in hotel ? He was very helpful.
My email for photos , that would be great if you could send them.

[email protected]

R

robertoferrante

Hi Jon,
I've be on site yesterday, so I took some pics that I attach.
I agree with you about everything but the roads situation: as anybody can see from the pics they are quite good, even if not 100% completed. Of course the landscape around the buildings can't be completed so far, due to the major works still unfinished. Let's hope for the future. I also see the dead-line of the two blocks 12 & 13 a bit unclear, even if they said that...can be a couple of months more, than less ...
The interior decorator shop Bassem talked you about, should be my Company, if OUD will go on working clearly like in the last year. Concerning Bassem, I agree with you that he is a helpful guy, but don't trust him 100%: he is rapresenting the Company there, so is committed to keep things under control. Be sure that it is not in his hand to move on the things as you thought: he his just filling a gap between clients, site, and Cairo offices, that is not bad at all, but yet not a warranty certificate! He is nice and speaks a good english, that is not easy at all here around, but tipical Egyptian, if you understand what I mean...;) I've been in contact with him almost every day since he is there and it saved a lot of unwanted trip there (220X2 km!!),but most of the time he is not able to solve any problem, unless he get the solution from Cairo offices; sometime he caused me new ones!!! Nevertheless he has a missing and very important role there.
You've been quite lucky during your stay: warm and calm wind...hope you enjoyed!!!!
If somebody needs more info, just ask.
Roberto

Attachments

D

Deanosparky

Good Photos, Roberto,
Thanks for all the info Jon,
So there is some progress, i have some doubt whether May will be the completion date. Hopefully we will be proved wrong and a great compensation package will be given!

It looks like from the photos that block 2 has gone up quickly in comparison to blocks 12 & 13 which took about a year to get to the same stage, so we know they have the capability to build that quick...

I have contacted Bassem and he got back to me the following day with the answers to my questions, which is a good sign..

Does anyone have any ideas about furnishings etc.. and where they may go to get them.. I've been looking at diffrent web sites etc... and price vary a lot.. Any suggestions??

Geir

Geir

Good Photos, Roberto,
Thanks for all the info Jon,
So there is some progress, i have some doubt whether May will be the completion date. Hopefully we will be proved wrong and a great compensation package will be given!

It looks like from the photos that block 2 has gone up quickly in comparison to blocks 12 & 13 which took about a year to get to the same stage, so we know they have the capability to build that quick...

I have contacted Bassem and he got back to me the following day with the answers to my questions, which is a good sign..

Does anyone have any ideas about furnishings etc.. and where they may go to get them.. I've been looking at diffrent web sites etc... and price vary a lot.. Any suggestions??

Hi!

Been looking around on google for furniture sold in Egypt. Theres some but its a pity theres no IKEA in Egypt.
Have been comparing the prices(at IKEA) against some of the companies in Egypt and its a lot more expencive to buy it in Egypt.
But i guess theres no alternative than to buy it in Egypt;-(

Roberto here on this site, is selling furniture. And I guess he could give you a price for the furniture you want.

Regards Geir.

J

Julie Mee

Hi All,

Ive made contact with Bassem and was impressed with the INSTANT reply.
I asked him about A/C units, which he is going to get me a price from Cairo.He told me you have to pay upfront for this & takes about 3wks from receiving the money.
Handover date which he says will be as my contract ( 3/5/10).
And procedure regarding snags he replied they dont expect any. I said I was impressed with his optimism !!
Am I right in thinking that everyone is holding their final payment back until completion ?

Julie

Status
Not open for further replies.