Jewel in the Crown

W

wellheld

My furniture shop is located in Hurghada, El Nasr Street Under The Name Wood Art, 50 meters before Nile Kitchen Show room, on the other side of the street from Toyota Abo Heta.

I sell Modern, Arabisque, Mamlouk, Arabic Islamic styles plus I can deliver customized orders if you have a design you like to have and all my products is made of Solid Wood and I never sell any thing from China.

If you plan to visit me next time you are in Hurghada just let me know and will give you special discount :) as i can offer as well amazing furniture packages :)

I have visited your shop several times, you have beautiful stylish furniture and accessories that anyone would be proud to have in their home. One of the best furniture shops in Hurghada. And the staff are good too.

sparky996

sparky996

MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL at the Jewel in the Crown

Sparky.

Last edited:
H

hmadfai

I find it very difficult to believe that you are discussing the same development I know so well. I have lived here for over a year and can honestly say the service from Egyptian British has been appalling

locations in Hurghada, and when or if it is ever finished it will be a pleasant place to live.
I am sorry to learn about your bad experience. Have the problems been sorted in the end and are you still living on site?

Last edited:
sparky996

sparky996

Jewel in the crown / El Ferssan ... other name

Has anyone heard of the Jewel in the crown be named as "Hadaba Shamadeya" :questionmark: there are some photos on Google Earth calling it by that name. www.panoramio.com/photo/9187642

Last edited:
H

hmadfai

Hi, no the problems/faults did not get sorted, and yes I am still living on the site.
It's a shame we didn't meet when family and I were there last week.

Not in defense of anybody but during my recent stay I found the current site manager helpful and proactive in fixing minor problems: in the course of two weeks I had the carpenter and plumber in a few times. The electrician was also called twice to fix problems and the A/C company called on one occasion.

Please check your PM

h

H

hmadfai

I visited your shop with my wife and, indeed, you have a very well chosen collection :rock:. We have already identified a couple of items that we want to buy - will let you know before visiting again to take up the discount offer :typical:

Last edited:
W

wellheld

It's a shame we didn't meet when family and I were there last week.

Not in defense of anybody but during my recent stay I found the current site manager helpful and proactive in fixing minor problems: in the course of two weeks I had the carpenter and plumber in a few times. The electrician was also called twice to fix problems and the A/C company called on one occasion.

Please check your PM

h
The current site manager has been to see me and has promised to resolve the outstanding snagging issues I have. He does appear to be more proactive than the previous manager. He's due to return tomorrow morning with a plumber, then a carpenter, then a painter. Watch this space.

El Gouna Property

El Gouna Property

Banned
The current site manager has been to see me and has promised to resolve the outstanding snagging issues I have. He does appear to be more proactive than the previous manager. He's due to return tomorrow morning with a plumber, then a carpenter, then a painter. Watch this space.
Wish you sort out all this and sorry for misssing you guys while you in hurghada as I still in cairo

W

wellheld

Well Ibrahim turned up, on time, with plumber, joiner and painter in tow. Now i have windows that don't rattle, doors that won't blow open, and shower tray that drains the right way (havn't actually tested that one fully). The shrinkage cracks have been filled and painted, items that had missed the paint brush first time round found it this time,and a few other jobs were done too.
The sink unit would have required complete removal to rectify all the faults, so it was not repaired, but it's adaquate. The guys worked hard and were supervised well. The plumber even wiped down the floor and skirting where the painter had splashed paint. In all not a bad days effort.
This site manager is a vast improvement on the previous one, he certainly impressed me.

H

hmadfai

Well Ibrahim turned up, on time, with plumber, joiner and painter in tow. Now i have windows that don't rattle, doors that won't blow open, and shower tray that drains the right way (havn't actually tested that one fully). The shrinkage cracks have been filled and painted, items that had missed the paint brush first time round found it this time,and a few other jobs were done too.
The sink unit would have required complete removal to rectify all the faults, so it was not repaired, but it's adaquate. The guys worked hard and were supervised well. The plumber even wiped down the floor and skirting where the painter had splashed paint. In all not a bad days effort.
This site manager is a vast improvement on the previous one, he certainly impressed me.
Glad to hear that your problems have been dealt with. The current site manager seems to be one of the decent guys out there.

O

opes37

We have an appartment in the Jewel, chalet/block 2 appartment no.6, which we bought off plan in 2007. We haven't been out to see the progress since 2008, we will be flying out in january 2011, can you give us any information or help us prepare for our visit....anything we should know.
We look forward to your reply. Many thanks
Chris and Michelle

P

pbh

disappointed

Hi,
I am glad I found this forum - there seems to be very little about this development on the internet. I bought two flats in the Ferssan Jewel site and three years on I am very disappointed with the progress of the site.

The swimming pool is incomplete and there is no security on site. There are many health hazards that make the site unsafe for anybody,let alone children and families.

The developer British Egyptian company are unhelpful and the site is now more or less rubbish. They are not interested in finishing the site. Moreover, the paperwork that I received is incomplete so I cannot even contact the electricity company to change the meter to my name.

Rumour in Hurghada is that the money has ran out to finish the site and the site has no owners association to deal with the issue.

I am very disappointed

PBH

L

Lysos

So, you have 'bought' two flats that aren't finished (and sounds like they won't be); all that money is lost and you are "disappointed" !!!.

Have to say that reading all the Egyptian threads makes it appear that buying a property in Egypt is like buying a very expensive lottery ticket, and in most cases your ticket isn't even entered into the draw.

P

pbh

So, you have 'bought' two flats that aren't finished (and sounds like they won't be); all that money is lost and you are "disappointed" !!!.

Have to say that reading all the Egyptian threads makes it appear that buying a property in Egypt is like buying a very expensive lottery ticket, and in most cases your ticket isn't even entered into the draw.
Lysos,
The flats are nearly done but the site is incomplete: the swimming pool is yet to have its installations fitted, there is no security on site, stray dogs roam the site at night and the paved pathways are either chipped or broken. Little maintenance is carried out and the developer is disinterested in finishing the work. Will post some pics to show you what I mean.

buying a property in Egypt is like buying a very expensive lottery ticket, and in most cases your ticket isn't even entered into the draw.
Spot on there

P

pbh

recent pics - Jewel Ferssan in Hurghada

Some recent pictures ...

Pool1.jpeg

Pool2.jpeg

manhole.jpeg

cables.jpeg

P

pbh

....anything we should know.
We look forward to your reply. Many thanks
Chris and Michelle
Hello both,
Sorry to be the barer of bad news but don't expect to see much improvement in the site since two years ago nor any sympathy from Egyptian British. At best, you will get to sit at Hasham's desk attempting to talk to him while he's avoiding eye contact tapping away on his laptop.

Good luck!

pbh

L

Lysos

Have you considered contacting BBC's "Watchdog", if only to warn prospective purchasers in Egypt of what can happen ?. (More often than not, based on these threads).

P

pbh

Have you considered contacting BBC's "Watchdog", if only to warn prospective purchasers in Egypt of what can happen ?. (More often than not, based on these threads).
Contacting Watchdog is a good idea Lysos

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Media campaigns

These TV and Media companies are well aware of the situation in Egypt.

2010 saw many developments stall. Customers not only lobbied the UK and European governments but also the Egyptian authorities who I must say are disgusted at the attitude and stance taken by developers and tour operators in the light of recent events and tragic accidents.

Alan. Coralife-Style Consultants.

Last edited: