Jewel in the Crown

P

pbh

the catch in involving the media to name and shame is reprisal from developers through deliberately delaying work etc. - can be very tricky to deal with in a foreign country where language and laws are different.

that swimming pool has been sitting there like this for more than two years and British Egyptian have given all sorts of reasons for not finishing the project. These included continued development nearby (locally born dust etc.),other owners not having paid their service charges ... and so on.

Last edited:
H

hmadfai

pbh:
I am sorry to hear about your problem and I think that your frustration is shared by everybody in the Jewel. Notwithstanding, I believe that a new site manager was recently appointed in the Jewel so maybe we can hope to see some progress.

h

PS. Please check your Private Messages

W

wellheld

The new site manager owns an apartment on site and appears to be working hard to get things sorted, but it will not be fixed overnight. This has to be good news for the development.

john'n'kate

john'n'kate

We also had the tour of "Jewel" and his European Village on Mubarak 7, three years ago and consider ourselfs lucky that we didn't fall for Heyshams sales pitch.
I believe from various sources (and Heysham is more than welcome to contribute on here) that The British side of things have long since been disolved due to Heyshams past, present and future court dealings with disgruntled customers. I am lead to believe he is one of many agents in Hurghada who borrow against projects and then can't complete as the money runs out and customers dry up.

P

pbh

The new site manager owns an apartment on site and appears to be working hard to get things sorted, but it will not be fixed overnight. This has to be good news for the development.
Let us wait and see shall we?

P

pbh

... the British side of things have long since been disolved due to Heyshams past, present and future court dealings with disgruntled customers
disgruntled customers aplenty, i grant you that. do you have anymore details about said court cases please?

john'n'kate

john'n'kate

disgruntled customers aplenty, i grant you that. do you have anymore details about said court cases please?
I do, but as they are at a sensitive state and confidences would be broken then obviously I cannot comment on here (or by pm).

It should be possible to find out for yourself by asking at the court or a good solicitor.

P

pbh

I do, but as they are at a sensitive state and confidences would be broken then obviously I cannot comment on here (or by pm).

It should be possible to find out for yourself by asking at the court or a good solicitor.
If the court is happy to release the info then it would be ok to list some of the charges and perhaps the developments in question in this forum. To warn future buyers if nothing else.

P

pasaramo

Hello all.
I have an appartment in the Jewel, chalet 6 appartment no. 6, which I bought off plan in 2008 -not yet finished. What is the current situation of the property -what is progress? If anyone has any recent pictures of the Jewel in the Crown? Thank you and best regards
Pasaramo

P

pbh

Hi Pasaramo,
These recent pictures tell the story. The site is in an appalling state and Egyptian British Real Estate don't want to know. Mr. Hesham Shaban (calls himself Dr. now!) is disinterested and there is no hope that any workable solution will be found.

We are all very disappointed with the performance of Egyptian British and the attitude of the owner and his clan. I am under the impression (see posts above) that a lawsuit to recover the site management funds and take over the management of the site is underway, but progress has been slow because of the political complexities in the country.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

PBH

190131_1872581982838_1489826975_2069883_4739989_n.jpg

190131_1872582022839_1489826975_2069884_4065996_n.jpg

197212_1872574742657_1489826975_2069874_1563125_n.jpg

P

pasaramo

Hi PBH,
Thank you for the information and pictures. It does not look good... Is the whole complex Jewel in the Crown looks like? What can we do about it now... -wait?

Thank you and best regards

Pasaramo

P

pbh

the site does not look good and there is no hope for it to improve any time soon. Jewel In The Crown and I am told all the other sites developed and sold by Egyptian British are incomplete and look like a rubbish dump. Seems that there is nothing anybody can do about it - the only thing is to put warnings to stop people dealing with this company and prevent this from happening to somebody else.

W

wellheld

rubbish collection

Hepca have been informed that the site is occupied and will be bringing a waste container/s after assessing the site requirements, the site will then be included in the regular collection round. Clearing of existing rubbish into waste container/s will, I think, be down to the site residents.

P

pbh

it pleases me not wellheld to see people still defending the Egyptian British company with respect to this site after they have failed to delivered a usable site after all these years. Will hepca (?) be finishing the swimming pool too?!

P

pbh

In an update, seems that Hesham Shaban the MD of Egyptian British has responded to some post about his alleged fugitive status (denies that the police want him for questioning) and promised to make progress on the swimming pool by 20/4. Nobody believes this but better wait and see.

P

pbh

This was posted on Facebook:

------

****** Hi everybody! Mr. Hesham wants you to know following This is Hesham's message to me and my reply.

Hesham Shaaban 0:27

*****, I have met so many people in Hurghada and they all are telling me that you are traying to polute my company reputation, for your information, if you didnt stop talking about me and my company, I will take you to the court and sue you, and i have four witneses and they are willing to say that at the court.... .

Hesham Shaaban 15 Nov 0:28
this is my first and last warn for you.. .

--------

More ...

Last edited:
P

pbh

The reply from ***** was:

****** 16 Nov 0:02
Dear Mr.Hesham!
I thought about your message.Thank you for your email,however I find your tone rude and offensive.This bully tactics is not good for solution our problems.Yours sincerely.

Hesham Shaaban 16 Nov 0:54
IAM NOT MAKING TACTICS, I WILL NOT REPEAT WHAT I SAID FOR YOU AGAIN, I MEAN WHAT I SAY, THIS MESSAGE IS NOT ONLY FOR YOU, ITS FOR ANYONE WHO MIGHT THINK OF DOING THAT... .

Hesham Shaaban 16 Nov в 0:56
SOLVING THE PROJECT PROBLEMS DOESNT MEAN THAT YOU SPEAK BADLY ABOUT ME WITH EVERY SINGLE PERSON YOU MEET, THIS IS NOT THE WAY, IAM AT MY OFFICE DAILY FROM 14.00 TILL 17.00 FOR ANY COMPLAINT. HOPE U UNDERSTAND.. .

Last edited:
P

pbh

The reply from ***** was:

****** 16 Nov 0:02
Dear Mr.Hesham!
I thought about your message.Thank you for your email,however I find your tone rude and offensive.This bully tactics is not good for solution our problems.Yours sincerely.

Hesham Shaaban 16 Nov 0:54
IAM NOT MAKING TACTICS, I WILL NOT REPEAT WHAT I SAID FOR YOU AGAIN, I MEAN WHAT I SAY, THIS MESSAGE IS NOT ONLY FOR YOU, ITS FOR ANYONE WHO MIGHT THINK OF DOING THAT... .

Hesham Shaaban 16 Nov в 0:56
SOLVING THE PROJECT PROBLEMS DOESNT MEAN THAT YOU SPEAK BADLY ABOUT ME WITH EVERY SINGLE PERSON YOU MEET, THIS IS NOT THE WAY, IAM AT MY OFFICE DAILY FROM 14.00 TILL 17.00 FOR ANY COMPLAINT. HOPE U UNDERSTAND.. .
At least he recognises that there are problems in the project

Last edited:
P

pbh

253729_2050437869124_1489826975_2322160_8246755_n.jpg

This is the treatment you get when you buy from the Egyptian British Real Estate and this is the uropian quality site and finish Hesham Shaban promises you.