Jewel in the Crown

B

baker

Hi Graham,
Our apartments seem to be on opposite sides of the pool - sorry I got the locations wrong. Yours has a sea view, mine on the ground floor will have a terrace onto the swimming pool - to be built in due course.

Judging by your photos the site has progressed quite a bit since these pictures were taken.

Indeed. But I think that what softened the blow in my case was what happened to my friends with PHW (have a look at the Regency Towers thread on this forum if you are unfamiliar with the case) because, in comparison, my problems are trivial. I almost bought a flat in RT if it wasn't for good fate and one good gentleman called PB who pointed me towards EB. In addition, when I was buying the Jewel property I was promised to expect the "highest level of finishing in Hurghada" however I was explicitly informed to not expect "European standard" finishing - so I don't feel 'cheated'.

The CEO of Egy Brit promised that he would address problems in the flat after the key exchange and he has so far kept his word, as I mentioned in my previous message.

Hasan
Hi all,
sorry, it appears that no-one is happy with their apartments, but i feel that it will be a while before european expectations are met. (they do not have the luxury of college for 1).
In comparison with other countries the finishing is on par.
I have had dealings with EB sinc 2005 and have now bought 2 apartments with them. (and very happy with my investments)
I, too have had issues regarding finishing, but they are always dealt with, maybe not immediately, but they are dealt with.
The Jewell is a fantastic site, and until recently Europeans would not have been allowed to purchase realestate here.
So therefor I will continue to recommend Egyptian British Realestate to family, friends, collegues and any prospecive buyers of property in Hurghada.
It is a fact that the site is nt moving as fast as expected, but let us not forget
why we love Hurghada. for the sunshine and the relaxed pace of life. (Don't force them into the rat-race)!!!
PB. X

H

hmadfai

... I will continue to recommend Egyptian British Realestate to family, friends, collegues and any prospecive buyers of property in Hurghada.
Ditto!

I have recommended Egy Brit to a few friends and family members in the past and will continue to do so.

Three more pics - now of the interior of my flat. Pic 1 shows the living room (notice the snag list :deal: ),Bedroom 2 and the bathroom.

Attachments

Last edited:
H

hmadfai

Hi Hasan, Yes my photos are from long ago (at least 1 year). The photos that you took look GREAT. Were they from August this year ?.
Have you got the keys to your apartment yet ?. If I acccept my one this trip then I should get my keys.
Yes it seems our apartments are opposite each other, I have a sea view from my balcony, and pool view from bedroom 2 and the kitchen. I notice that we are both in Hurghada at the same time for 3 days only.
Hi Graham,
Thanks, yes the Jewel site looks nice in these pictures - I think that it will be one of the nicest in the Hadaba and Kawsar areas when completed.

I have received the keys, but I have returned a copy to Egy Brit's mothership so that they can deal with the snag list. The resident site manager is efficient and he periodically sends text messages with updates on progress and problems if any.

I am known to start making a fool of myself after holiday day 4 :cheers: so you are safe :laugh:.

sparky996

sparky996

Opening photos

Hi, Is anyone else having problems opening photos from a users profile photo album. :questionmark: Everytime I can see all the thumbnail photos, but if I try to open them full size I only get a box [x] were the photo should be. They open OK when inserted in a thread, but not from a users profile photo album. Maybe a problem with the website :questionmark:

Cheers
Graham.

sparky996

sparky996

Furniture package cont.

looks reasonable for me but its 1 bed or 2 beds?
Hi, Its a 2 bed apartment, I got: 1 double bed, 2 singles, wardrobes, dinning table, chairs, sofa + 2 chairs, TV, 2 bar stools, cooker, fridge / freezer, washing machine. I cant think of anything else right now.

Regards
Graham.

El Gouna Property

El Gouna Property

Banned
Hi, Its a 2 bed apartment, I got: 1 double bed, 2 singles, wardrobes, dinning table, chairs, sofa + 2 chairs, TV, 2 bar stools, cooker, fridge / freezer, washing machine. I cant think of anything else right now.

Regards
Graham.
WOW as long as you are satisfied about the quality its real good deal :)

sparky996

sparky996

Furniture package cont..

WOW as long as you are satisfied about the quality its real good deal :)
I was taken to various shops in Hurghada, and I choose the furniture that I wanted from a variety of available furniture. I also got ceiling fans.

Last edited:
H

hmadfai

I was taken to various shops in Hurghada, and I choose the furniture that I wanted from a variety of available furniture. I also got ceiling fans.
same here - we visited various shops and chose the furniture. The furniture packs from EB are good value for money in my opinion.

sparky996

sparky996

Hurghada here we come !

Hi Guys, Its 03:45 and in 1/2 an hour we are on our way to Frankfurt airport .... then sunny Hurghada.
Hasan, we hope to see you there !!
Have fun
Sparky. :knuddel:

El Gouna Property

El Gouna Property

Banned
Hi Guys, Its 03:45 and in 1/2 an hour we are on our way to Frankfurt airport .... then sunny Hurghada.
Have fun
Wish you an amazing Holiday and me as well will be back to Hurghada after my new baby party tomorrow :)

H

hmadfai

My furniture shop is located in Hurghada, El Nasr Street Under The Name Wood Art, 50 meters before Nile Kitchen Show room, on the other side of the street from Toyota Abo Heta.

I sell Modern, Arabisque, Mamlouk, Arabic Islamic styles plus I can deliver customized orders if you have a design you like to have and all my products is made of Solid Wood and I never sell any thing from China.

If you plan to visit me next time you are in Hurghada just let me know and will give you special discount :) as i can offer as well amazing furniture packages :)
Thanks for the info - I will visit to see what's on offer.

H

hmadfai

Have fun
hope that you had a nice flight and that you have a great time in Hurghada. I am looking forward to seeing you there soon :p. Remember to use the duty free allowance before the 48 hours run out :afraid:

El Gouna Property

El Gouna Property

Banned
Thanks for the info - I will visit to see what's on offer.
you welcom anytime, you will find my husband there as delivered my baby 20 days ago and I stay in cairo

sorry for not commenting before
Regards

H

hmadfai

A quick note to let you know that the deadline to register properties under the new property tax law has been extended to 31st of March 2010. This was announced on P1 of the Arabic newspaper Al-Ahram on Monday 21st of December.