International City - Greece

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lsab

Thanks for that.
I've been emailing them regularly too - last time ony a week ago. After reading your post I emailed again with the date that you'd been given, and they then bothered to get back to us.
We're in Bahrain at the moment so will pick up the keys ourselves I suppose - it's only a short flight away.
Have you decided what to do with it? (rent? sell?). I'm almost certain we're selling and buying in Egypt. Keep changing our minds though:)
Anyway congrats. After all this time, K7 finally got there!!

H

Hameed

Thanks for that.
I've been emailing them regularly too - last time ony a week ago. After reading your post I emailed again with the date that you'd been given, and they then bothered to get back to us.
We're in Bahrain at the moment so will pick up the keys ourselves I suppose - it's only a short flight away.
Have you decided what to do with it? (rent? sell?). I'm almost certain we're selling and buying in Egypt. Keep changing our minds though:)
Anyway congrats. After all this time, K7 finally got there!!
Hi Isab,
Have you collected your keys yet? I am still waiting to hear for my apt? Not sure what is happening!

H

Hameed

Has anybody in K6 got any keys yet? Sorry but I am no excited as I have not heard anything!:confused:

J

jwayne592

Can anybody help me regarding the process of registering with DEWA. I have just been told that keys for K7 building are ready to collect and had arranged for a friend who lives in Dubai to collect for me (as I live in the UK) by providing a letter of authority. This all seemed fine until I receive an email saying keys will only be handed over AFTER the DEWA account has been transferred into my name. I'm told that I have to do this in person in Dubai and that there is no way around this. Does this sound correct?? My other concern is that it appears to transfer my DEWA account I must show a residence visa in my passport (something I cannot provide as I'm not a Dubai resident). How have others got round this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

G

georgihh

I have just received confirmation from my building owner (K7) that keys should be available to collect on 15th March. As I'm based in the UK they state that a friend can collect the keys on my behalf if I provide a letter of authorisation. I'm not over happy that I've paid a years service charge in January and have still not received the keys. I wonder if they will want another years service charge in just 9 months??? :mad:
Interesting

Last year this wasn’t the case.
Who are you buying the flat from?
I presume if the building owner is not playing games than the government wants you to make a residential visa before you have the key.
Of course they make 7000 DHS from each visa

F

farooki

Interesting

Last year this wasn’t the case.
Who are you buying the flat from?
I presume if the building owner is not playing games than the government wants you to make a residential visa before you have the key.
Of course they make 7000 DHS from each visa
I got a residential visa of Uae. I paid only 5000 Aed. just a month back.

M

mos123

Can anybody help me regarding the process of registering with DEWA. I have just been told that keys for K7 building are ready to collect and had arranged for a friend who lives in Dubai to collect for me (as I live in the UK) by providing a letter of authority. This all seemed fine until I receive an email saying keys will only be handed over AFTER the DEWA account has been transferred into my name. I'm told that I have to do this in person in Dubai and that there is no way around this. Does this sound correct?? My other concern is that it appears to transfer my DEWA account I must show a residence visa in my passport (something I cannot provide as I'm not a Dubai resident). How have others got round this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HI,

I got keys to my apartment about month back with out any condition to transfere of dewa account, i was given application form for dewa services, which i intend to pass it onto tenants to pay deposit and connect water and electricity, i was informed the cost for getting residence visa direct from Nakheel is 5000 dhs or 7000 dhs through agent.
Best to contact dewa direct to clarify the need for residency visa,if its still required for purpose of transfere of account when you are not in dubai,may be title deeds or contract be sufficient to transfer dewa account to your name.

H

Hameed

I got in touch with developer for the K6 and they told me that it should be ready by the 2nd of April? Apparently all is finished, they are just sorting the paper work.

N

naguru

Hi all
I own a studio in L14 greece cluster. Keys handed over to my agent last month. Would anybody know how much rent one can fetch from a studio ?? and if i was to sell, how much would i get?
cheers

A

aziqbal

I still havnt got my keys yet? does anyone still NOT have thier keys?

M

mohammed abdul

I still havnt got my keys yet? does anyone still NOT have thier keys?
we told to collect keys but need to register with dewa first before keys are handed over anyone else have been told the same?

H

Hameed

I have called the developer in Dubai today again. Now he tells me next Wednesday instead of this Wednesday? Looks like nothing is certain, even though he thinks it's 99.9%? I have already booked my Holidays for next week. Taking a big chance but this is the best time I can go to Dubai?:confused: He also tells me that K6 is the last sector to be handed over so rest of you should have your keys by now, is that right!

L

Lsab

Hi Hameed,

In theory all of us in K7 have our keys, in practise they're not easy to pick up if you're not there in Dubai. As you're going over yourself it shouldn't be difficult for you.

Don't worry about being given a date then another and so on - it's exactly what happened to us, although in your case, you've booked your holiday so I hope that it's ready for when you fly out.

We recently received an email from another K7 owner and the list of things that were wrong with his appartment was quite alarming! This included lifts not working, a/c not working, broken tiles, rusty fittings, bad plumbing etc. Be very thorough with your snagging and best of luck :)

Last edited:
H

Hameed

Hi Isab,
Many thanks for the info. However, are you saying I should be able to collect the keys for my apt or view it even though I have't been given a date to collect the keys? My developer was saying that they are still trying to finalise the documents with Nakeel? Also, my apt is in K6 and I have not heard of anyone stating they have collected their keys for this sector? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.