How much did you pay for your property

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

propertyborders

Thanks Peter, these are great returns just shows if you make the correct decisions and follow your heart you can make good money.

Peter are you looking at making any other investments yourself in Egypt I see you are looking into Marsa Alam?

crombiestone

crombiestone

El Gouna

I think I have posted this elsewhere but I bought a one bed lagoon waterfront apartment with communal pool (60m2) on the Golf West Develeopment phase 2 for around £21000 in 2004 . New off plan apartments are on sale for around £60000 (phase 4) . The prices are pegged to the dollar so as this strenghtens they become more expensive sterling wise. I prefer the excellent security and high standards of an integrated resort like El Gouna and have never once regretted my choice . Rental returns have been good at around 8% ROII without too much effort (less than 10 Weeks rental )

P

propertyborders

I think I have posted this elsewhere but I bought a one bed lagoon waterfront apartment with communal pool (60m2) on the Golf West Develeopment phase 2 for around £21000 in 2004 . New off plan apartments are on sale for around £60000 (phase 4) . The prices are pegged to the dollar so as this strenghtens they become more expensive sterling wise. I prefer the excellent security and high standards of an integrated resort like El Gouna and have never once regretted my choice . Rental returns have been good at around 8% ROII without too much effort (less than 10 Weeks rental )
Well done Crombiestone, I must admin El Gouna was the first property investment I looked at in Egypt in 2004.

Unfortunately I missed out on El Gouna due to being unsure at the time and then deciding to buy in Dubai which has for me turned out to be a great investment.
I Wished I had the money to invest at that time in both Egypt and Dubai.

Good luck with your investment you paid a great price, the price that first attracted me in 2004 was also £21000

K

kesam

2/39 El Andalous at Sahl was bought June 2006 for 62k perhaps Peter could add the value now please

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Apt 2.39 El Andalous would be around 84k GBP if it is 2bed/1 bath, around 92k GBP if it is 2 bed/2 bath. There is only one unit left on the 2nd floor which is 2.31, two bed one bath at 109m2 and it is 78,000 GBP.

Hope this helps

K

kesam

Thanks Peter its 2bed 2 bath

you've brought a smile to my face on a miserable day in UK:D

J

jeremy bright

i was going to buy a penthouse this time last year in the hurghada Marina friends put me of it at the time as was very small with no kitchen and no air con had a pergola on your out side space what was 16 sm and the inside was 24 sm on reflection wish i had bought it now as was only £12000 with £100 service charge i now am buying in to hurghada village a studio 44 sm with roof top terrace for £22000 what now i regret as have found this forum with a lot better places for the same sort of money

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi Jeremy,

To be honest with you there will always be something better then the developments we have all chosen.
The best way to move forward is to accept what you have invested in and be happy with it.In six months you will see something better again and wish you had invested in that instead,the same thing happened with me.
If you look on the positive side you yourself have pointed out what you could have paid last year and you can take a good guess at what it would have been worth now.
So don't be dissapointed, just imagine when you get into your chosen property what it will be worth,you have done the hard work and invested sit back and enjoy.
Egypt has a very positive market where property is concerned there are a few problems with all developments but think positive you have taken the plunge and you will come out laughing.

P

propertyborders

Hi Jeremy,

To be honest with you there will always be something better then the developments we have all chosen.
The best way to move forward is to accept what you have invested in and be happy with it.In six months you will see something better again and wish you had invested in that instead,the same thing happened with me.
If you look on the positive side you yourself have pointed out what you could have paid last year and you can take a good guess at what it would have been worth now.
So don't be dissapointed, just imagine when you get into your chosen property what it will be worth,you have done the hard work and invested sit back and enjoy.
Egypt has a very positive market where property is concerned there are a few problems with all developments but think positive you have taken the plunge and you will come out laughing.
Good advice awahee123 I agree.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
I look alot at properties and the prices even though we are very happy with ours. when we bought in 2006 it was the best move we did the prices have gone up alot. But even buying now in two years time the prices will have gone up too. So anyone buying in Hurghada will be sitting on a goldmine. not only if you fancy selling but just to have a little bit of paradise, home from home. Something to leave the kids in years to come that is our views on our investment.

TAKE YOUR TIME IN BUYING LOOK FIRST, DO ALOT OF HOMEWORK, READ READ AND MORE READING. ASK QUESTIONS.

I am one to talk on this we bought without even seeing Hurghada and over the internet. But seems to be alot more agents now selling Hurghada and the deals can be found.

We are one of the good stories about Hurghada and I am sure there are alot of us, but you never hear alot of good stories you only seem to hear the nightmares.

Hope this helps, if it only helps one person then it has been worth writing.

I'll have to write book next. LOL. GOOD STORY BUYING IN HURGHADA

C

claire_louise23

advice about buying property in egypt

Hi,

I am looking to buy a property in egypt and was wondering if you would give me any advice on buying a property, do you know of anyone seeling any villas? what place do you think id best for buying a property?

thanks
claire

A

awahee123

Banned
There are a few villas for sale,to start with you may be better to have a look at the sales section of this forum,it does depend on budget and location as to what is available.There is something for everyones budget in Egypt with property starting from around £15000 upwards for a studio.If you also have alook in the best value in egypt thread you may find some helpful info in there.

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
There are a few villas for sale,to start with you may be better to have a look at the sales section of this forum,it does depend on budget and location as to what is available.There is something for everyones budget in Egypt with property starting from around £15000 upwards for a studio.If you also have alook in the best value in egypt thread you may find some helpful info in there.
the secret is to have an idea on budget on what you can afford and stick to it . dont get into debt and adopt a keep up with the jones stance. you will undoubtedly see things a lot better then better still so dont let your investment run away with you . the way things are going , there will be money to be made . there is a chance of rental and you will get lots of enjoyment out of your purchase

i made the mistake of looking too much into buying hifi at one point .. i used to get all the what hifi magasines and be rather geekish and look at all the high end stuff where cables to connect the speakers were more than someones car. i got so bogged down with this that i forgot to enjoy the stereo i had just bought..

no mistake this time.. we had money to invest on a studio we havnt taken out a loan and we will ensure we enjoy out humble little studio..

hope that helps

J

jeremy bright

the secret is to have an idea on budget on what you can afford and stick to it . dont get into debt and adopt a keep up with the jones stance. you will undoubtedly see things a lot better then better still so dont let your investment run away with you . the way things are going , there will be money to be made . there is a chance of rental and you will get lots of enjoyment out of your purchase

i made the mistake of looking too much into buying hifi at one point .. i used to get all the what hifi magasines and be rather geekish and look at all the high end stuff where cables to connect the speakers were more than someones car. i got so bogged down with this that i forgot to enjoy the stereo i had just bought..

no mistake this time.. we had money to invest on a studio we havnt taken out a loan and we will ensure we enjoy out humble little studio..

hope that helps
i sound the same as you bought plasma tv for £2500 and the same thing is now around £700 was in to video still got things around i never use now out of date than have no value and taking up room in room flat still got boxes of the mags now have to give up on it all as got a studio same as you and want to move there

P

propertyborders

Would anyone else like to let us know how much of a bargain they got when they first invested in Egypt and how much its worth now???

S

simonjwatts1

I dont mind telling you .I bought a 2 bedded apartment in desert pearl and it was 30k and then 7k for full furniture pack incl aircon

P

philthecar

in the oasis resort we paid 23000 and a further 6000 for furnishings. The price has gone up and not sure how many apts left but they are starting a new project with oasis marina which you will find the details of and full price lists of all the developments.

L

lyndsay552

I shouldn't of read this thread, makes me wonder about how much we have just paid for an apartment in Oasis Resort. We paid £33000 plus furniture.

A

awahee123

Banned
I shouldn't of read this thread, makes me wonder about how much we have just paid for an apartment in Oasis Resort. We paid £33000 plus furniture.

Hi,

To be honest you will probably find people have paid these prices last year or before, so as long as you are happy with what you have, be happy.
It just goes to show how the prices have increased over the last year.

P

philthecar

lyndsey our apartment is 75m2 and was bought at the beginning of the development and with full discount ! Just checked our payments and it was 30,000 and we have also paid extra for small extras in the apt too. we do not have a front and back balcony hence the difference in the price. Hope this settles your mind !

Status
Not open for further replies.