How much did you pay for your property

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

J4hurghada

Banned
also when I bought mine I did go for furniture package, and I must admit the quality of hand made furniture is alot better than ikea, the bed's are solid wood, tables and chairs wardrobes, thick wood not mdf sh**.

Electrical items very old style but like I said in previous what the can not make in egypt costs alot more than here in the UK.

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
but as people can realise you can ok buy from ikea but add the price for shiping about £3000 onto the price, remembering yes it is dear but egypt does not have the shops we have yet and I am saying a big YET. electrical goods are alot dearer than in the uk anything not made in egypt is sky high prices.

I have been searching for a big screen TV and noone can beat the prices of the UK please if anyone can give me good price then do.

jayne.
Digital Direct | Great Offers On Widescreen TVs, DVD Players & Hi-Fi

mail order ..save ureself a few hundred quid..

ive had my tv since 2003 so there is no problems with em

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
thats a UK company do they deliver to Hurghada
anything is possible

parcelforce ups ,,companies like that...

when you bought your packages .. did you pay the whole amount upfront??

when do the warranties /gurantees start in that case??

J

J4hurghada

Banned
I have looked at shipping but the price for dutie at airport is more than the price of the TV set.

Yes I have thought of taking in suitcase but a 42" widescreen would cause suspision.

I have priced up hurghada TV's but they are around £1000+

Yes I think on here insead of people being agents they should start up an electrical shop in hurghada with decent prices they would make there millions.

crombiestone

crombiestone

but as people can realise you can ok buy from ikea but add the price for shiping about £3000 onto the price, remembering yes it is dear but egypt does not have the shops we have yet and I am saying a big YET. electrical goods are alot dearer than in the uk anything not made in egypt is sky high prices.

I have been searching for a big screen TV and noone can beat the prices of the UK please if anyone can give me good price then do.

jayne.
Life would be so easy if Egypt had an Ikea but it doesn't .Egypt has a strong ethic that if it is not made in Egypt it will be highly taxed (around 50%for furniure & electricals).There are some very good carpenters but they are cottoning on to the fact that there is a profit to be made from property buyers. We were sadly scammed by a carpenter who did a runner with our deposit and we got nothing .We then, for safety's sake ,decided to go with getting furniture from the developer for the larger pieces anyway.

Shipping from home is also fraught with danger of damage,theft ,high taxes and bribery and is not recommended. With hindsight we could have waited and then bought individual ready made pieces when the apartment was ready,but then we would have lost the cohesive look that we achieved.

Its just not as easy as in Europe

S

simonjwatts1

re electrical items

I have looked at shipping but the price for dutie at airport is more than the price of the TV set.

Yes I have thought of taking in suitcase but a 42" widescreen would cause suspision.

Yes I think on here insead of people being agents they should start up an electrical shop in hurghada with decent prices they would make there millions.
There are electricle shops and white goods etc in Shrm i know its a ferry ride but it is possible

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned

ask yourself who delise are j4...

but thats just my opinion..i have heard the service is quite good though..
being a preported uk operation makes me wonder why they are selling at egyptian prices though.

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
Life would be so easy if Egypt had an Ikea but it doesn't .Egypt has a strong ethic that if it is not made in Egypt it will be highly taxed (around 50%for furniure & electricals).There are some very good carpenters but they are cottoning on to the fact that there is a profit to be made from property buyers. We were sadly scammed by a carpenter who did a runner with our deposit and we got nothing .We then, for safety's sake ,decided to go with getting furniture from the developer for the larger pieces anyway.

Shipping from home is also fraught with danger of damage,theft ,high taxes and bribery and is not recommended. With hindsight we could have waited and then bought individual ready made pieces when the apartment was ready,but then we would have lost the cohesive look that we achieved.

Its just not as easy as in Europe

well thanks for shedding light on it.. looks like im gonna have tofind some more money then

S

simonjwatts1

re delise

ask yourself who delise are j4...

but thats just my opinion..i have heard the service is quite good though..
being a preported uk operation makes me wonder why they are selling at egyptian prices though.
the reason is cos alot of the furniture is from and built in egypt i checked this out a year ago when the company first set up.i was scepticle myself but i am totally impartial as i have purchased the package and i found it to be a little bit dearer if you bought it all yourself but a lot less hassle and risk.:D

J

J4hurghada

Banned
I bought my property off iraida estae agency the oasis 1, they did the furniture package for me and all electrical apliancies only went in just before signing so they all have garentee's from that date and I have all documents for them, 3 year on sat system and washing machine and 1 year on other items microwave,fridge,cooker,kettle,iron etc:

Delise have just come onto this forum I don't know anyone that have had there furniture package yet, if fact I don't know anyone apart from me that have got the keys for there apartment and have had 2 holidays there so far.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
sorry I lie Crombie does have his apartment in el gouna

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
the reason is cos alot of the furniture is from and built in egypt i checked this out a year ago when the company first set up.i was scepticle myself but i am totally impartial as i have purchased the package and i found it to be a little bit dearer if you bought it all yourself but a lot less hassle and risk.:D
ill remain sceptical throughout but if thats how it has to be then thats how it has to be..

i have asked the question why there are no twin beds included in the studio package from delise.. as i have mentioned every studio apt i have visited all have had propa beds in and not sofa beds .. my friend who worked as a senior inspector has told me that apartments must have fixed beds in them under health and safety as sofabeds are designed for occasional use !

anyone can shed some light on this i will be grateful

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
I bought my property off iraida estae agency the oasis 1, they did the furniture package for me and all electrical apliancies only went in just before signing so they all have garentee's from that date and I have all documents for them, 3 year on sat system and washing machine and 1 year on other items microwave,fridge,cooker,kettle,iron etc:

Delise have just come onto this forum I don't know anyone that have had there furniture package yet, if fact I don't know anyone apart from me that have got the keys for there apartment and have had 2 holidays there so far.
you have been most helpful

J

J4hurghada

Banned
wgh do a bit more homework with funiture you can get good deals now, if you want single bed then why can you not have what you want, remember it is your choice.

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
wgh do a bit more homework with funiture you can get good deals now, if you want single bed then why can you not have what you want, remember it is your choice.
erm because i approached delise to offset the cost of a washer that i didnt want as i dont feel its necesarry as a trade for the aircon unit plus cash.. they told me point blank that they couldnt.. sorry wouldnt. in my eyes having an appliance that often goes wrong and may flood the place is not what i want in my studio

also the beds do not form part of the package for a studio!!

if someone from delise is on the forum ,maybe this question could be answered.

my last email to delise was ignored about purchasing so i doubt my furniture would be coming from them.

crombiestone

crombiestone

ill remain sceptical throughout but if thats how it has to be then thats how it has to be..

i have asked the question why there are no twin beds included in the studio package from delise.. as i have mentioned every studio apt i have visited all have had propa beds in and not sofa beds .. my friend who worked as a senior inspector has told me that apartments must have fixed beds in them under health and safety as sofabeds are designed for occasional use !

anyone can shed some light on this i will be grateful
We furnished our apartment a year ago ,things may be easier now but the import restrictions are still there . We have a one bed apt with bed in the bedroom and in the living room we have a sofa bed . Even from the developer this was £500 which I didn't think was too expensive.

I think it all depends on how much work you want to put into doing it yourself . It isnt impossible but does require some work and patience.

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
cheers for your input everyone

thanks to all of you who have assisted with this , much appreciated.

think i have come to the conclusion that there isnt much option..

what deposit do you have to give delise to secure a package??

J

J4hurghada

Banned
wgh hun
If I was you I would tell them to stick it and not pay them for there package, and you can find someone else to furnish it why do you have to go through them. If they have promised you some sort of rental sceam then look into renting yourself, remember it is yours you paid for the apartment and it is freehold.

Status
Not open for further replies.