How much did you pay for your property

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lyndsay552

It does. Thanks you!!

I take it you got the full 25% discount? We managed to only get 10% but that was on the condition we pay the full amount within 6 weeks. Luckily I have a friendly bank manager lol

J

J4hurghada

Banned
So Lyndsay,

Did you go for furniture pack after all, if you did it does make life eaiser, and when you start working out knifes forks spoons, iron,maden etc,bedding and funiture and all electrical items it can come to a small fortune.

You won't be disapointed I asure you we was'nt.

Jayne

J

J4hurghada

Banned
also the price wait till next year and see how much people are paying for there apartment, still at that price you paid now it is a very good deal, keep looking around and compare prices per m2.

S

simonjwatts1

i agree with awahee 123, if you like it and you enjoy it coming on holiday then dont worry. I look at the fact that each year i spent around £2k on holiday in egypt now i can do it and earn a little in the time i am not there.I just wish i could be there now.

L

lyndsay552

We didn't go for the furniture pack. We just got the standard package which included the kitchen, bathrooms and aircon. They wanted £8500 for the turnkey, which is literally just furniture and furnishings. I made contact with an english lady out in hurghada, who makes all her own soft furnishings and has a good carpenter and she thinks it will only be a few thousand to finish the apartment.

L

lyndsay552

I worked out that the apartment is about £300 per m2 for the standard finish

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
whats the current m2 price for coral sea pearl??

D

dunkan

Ive just reserved a 4th floor 2 bed 2 bath apartment, 106 sq mtrs with aircon and 1 balcony for £60,750.00 in Regency Beach, there supposed to be going up by 15% this weekend.

Thats without furniture.
The furniture package is £5,500 but if i can soarce it myself i will as i think thats a bit expensive unless the package is top qualty and not just 2 beds, a table chairs and a sofa !!

Maintainance fee is £7.50 per meter so £795 per yr

J

J4hurghada

Banned
I do love this thread, when I hear what people are paying now it makes me cringe.

Dunkan check what you are getting for funiture package, you usually get everything from beds to electrical items also alot of nik naks bedding,iron,plates,pans,pillows tv sat systems, I could go on but just check then price things up before going through with it.
Also you have to think are you going to rent if yes then you need basic in apartment to account for breakages.

Hope this helps

L

lyndsay552

The regency beach packages are excellent and they include everything. All the soft furnishings are all hand made by alison and the furniture is top quality and very modern. Compare this price to what Iraida quoted us for a two bed apartment, £8500.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
I do agree with lyndsay I think £8500 is alot for funishings as you already have the aircon units, we paid about £6500 but that was with three aircon units and top cupboards in the kitchen, but being last year we recieved our apartment there was no funiture shops around you had to go to cairo. Hurghada has come on leaps and bounds since then.

D

dunkan

Thankyou so much for your input, this is my 1st venture abroad so im getting sore eyes from being in front of the pc for too many hours.

It would be nice to see some pics of the interior in the near future. I want my apartment to be modern so the soft furnishings are very important to me.

Are there any pics of Regency Towers interior you could link me to

Thanks
Dunk

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
Thankyou so much for your input, this is my 1st venture abroad so im getting sore eyes from being in front of the pc for too many hours.

It would be nice to see some pics of the interior in the near future. I want my apartment to be modern so the soft furnishings are very important to me.

Are there any pics of Regency Towers interior you could link me to

Thanks
Dunk
why are these furniture packages so dear?? you guys are talking about blowing 10% of your purchase price on furniture ..most people dont spend that when they have a sleek new kitchen fitted?

if you are not planning of living in it , i dont see the point.. its odd

D

dunkan

why are these furniture packages so dear?? you guys are talking about blowing 10% of your purchase price on furniture ..most people dont spend that when they have a sleek new kitchen fitted?

if you are not planning of living in it , i dont see the point.. its odd

Nothing worse than cheap sheets :D

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
Nothing worse than cheap sheets :D
nothing worse than being ripped off either..

ask sarah beeny from property ladder!!

people are being forced topay for these packages to enter rental pools etc and not for feeling left out everyone is buying them.. you could get the whole lot from ikea for fraction of the price.. if you are renting it out , no matter hpw you look at it, these items are costly to replace, there will be people returning from drunken nights out falling over and breaking stuff.

i cannot justify spending 10% of the purchase price on furniture its very dear.. if im adding up my furniture in my uk home , its no way near 10% and theres italian leather sofas , high end audio equipment in it.. what you are paying for is delise to come in and screw light shades onto a wire and to put a couple of pictures on the wall.

its something i am very unhappy about . the apartments look fab though.
thanks for all the photos

S

simonjwatts1

I think the main point is to purchase the same quality from delise and ship to your apartment will cost you as much or more so is it worth all the hassle of perhaps saving a few bob??i am having delise because i have checked ou the quality of the furniture etc and sourced items for another apartment i own and the savings are not worth the hassle

J

J4hurghada

Banned
but as people can realise you can ok buy from ikea but add the price for shiping about £3000 onto the price, remembering yes it is dear but egypt does not have the shops we have yet and I am saying a big YET. electrical goods are alot dearer than in the uk anything not made in egypt is sky high prices.

I have been searching for a big screen TV and noone can beat the prices of the UK please if anyone can give me good price then do.

jayne.

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
I think the main point is to purchase the same quality from delise and ship to your apartment will cost you as much or more so is it worth all the hassle of perhaps saving a few bob??i am having delise because i have checked ou the quality of the furniture etc and sourced items for another apartment i own and the savings are not worth the hassle
stick a couple of beds in it , thats all people want in a studio esp when you consider that ure only gonna get a nominal amount of rental income.

every studio apt i have been have never furnished there accomodation as lush as these are being furnished.. its ott its akin to putting in a 10k kitchen in a 70k terraced house.. i just find the whole furniture thing bizzare.

if they are to be used for residential purposes then i can kinda see why they are spending the money..

the furniture does look of good quality and the apartments are furnished nicely.. i

Status
Not open for further replies.