Hania Beach, Central Hurghada, Egypt - Due for completion Summer '09.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

redangel7861

Hi Red,

Is Dan aware that we're all waiting for the due diligence before sending back contracts or should I tell Kathy?

...and, I hope I haven't spoken too soon, we might have sold our Dubai studio!
Hi Linda.

I sent an e-mail to Kathy and Dan today expalining the situation. As so many of us are going via Zeiad, I'm sure they'll have no problems with regards to waiting until the due diligence is in.

Well done on the sale of your Dubai studio, congratulations!!

Rgds
RED

S

sharkboy

With the talk introduction of a rental income and operators being interested in Hanias resort status what sort of figures currently exist or are being negotiated? Completion a long way away but still nice to ponder over as the months pass. When is completion? Has anybody had completion delay fines added to contracts? I take it all going through Zeaid will have the same basis?

R

redangel7861

With the talk introduction of a rental income and operators being interested in Hanias resort status what sort of figures currently exist or are being negotiated? Completion a long way away but still nice to ponder over as the months pass. When is completion? Has anybody had completion delay fines added to contracts? I take it all going through Zeaid will have the same basis?
Penalty clause already exists in contract for late finishing. I believe it's mid 2010, but in my opinion it will be complete well before that date.

Articles i've been reading are stating a rental income of between £195 to £600 per week for beach front apartments in Hurghada based on the views and size of your apartment.

Last edited:
T

tima

Hania Beach..

Hi, i have just paid 2,000 deposit on an apartment at Hania Beach and would love to hear from anyone else who has done so. Also, i have been sent a letter from a solicitor (Anthony Sneddon & Co) asking for 1250 up-front is this normal and is anyone actually using this firm and if not why and any advice on who to use would be appreciated..also told the prices were due to increase on the Monday after i paid my deposit.. that was 2 weeks ago and it still hasnt happened.

Regards
Tima

Roger

Roger

Hi, i have just paid 2,000 deposit on an apartment at Hania Beach and would love to hear from anyone else who has done so. Also, i have been sent a letter from a solicitor (Anthony Sneddon & Co) asking for 1250 up-front is this normal and is anyone actually using this firm and if not why and any advice on who to use would be appreciated..also told the prices were due to increase on the Monday after i paid my deposit.. that was 2 weeks ago and it still hasnt happened.

Regards
Tima
Hi tima, welcome and congratulations on your reservation. It looks as though Hania is going to be a good investment choice :)

Anthony Sneddon & Co are the developer's solicitors, and I don't know of anyone who is using them. I have just ignored the letters. The choice of solicitor is, of course, your own, but most people here are, I believe, using Zeiad Yehia, who comes highly recommended by people who post here and who has been very, very helpful with free advice on this forum as you can see here http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/6847-legal-post-questions-here.html. His contact info is here - http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/7560-email-change.html

Zeiad is carrying out the Due Diligence on Hania and apparently this is going quite slowly. Maybe this is why the prices have not gone up yet. I and others here will be pushing for an extension to the first payment deadline on the basis of this delay.

G'luck :)

L

Lsab

Hello Tima and welcome to the forum. Like you, I've recently sent off my deposit for a studio on Hania and you will find lots of members on this thread that have purchased there too. Like many other members buying on Hania, I'm not using the solitor recommended by the developer. Most of us are going with Zeiad. For one thing his fees are less than half that price!

We have a thread for new members that might interest you too: http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/7507-quick-links-new-members.html

Any questions just give one of us a shout!

R

redangel7861

Regards
Tima
HI Tima.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations in your purchase. As others have stated, many of us are using the services of Zeiad and not going via Anthony Seddon. Zeiad comes with a very good reputation. We are awaiting the results of the Due Diligence before we proceed to the next step.

Regards
RED

R

redangel7861

As so many of us are going via Zeiad, you think it would make sense that IPP ltd would get in touch with Zeiad and provide him with all the information he needs to speed the due diligence process up. That would be beneficial for us and IPP Ltd.

That's my opinion for what it's worth.

Rgds
RED

L

Lsab

....and a good one too!

I emailed Kathy to tell her that we weren't going with Mr Seddon and wouldn't send the contracts until our lawyer had done the DD. She was fine about it. Hopefully she'll pass on the message. Maybe there's not enough of us - percentage wise - going with Zeiad for IPP to get concerned. I know it's less of a problem for us as we've got a fairly long date before we have to pay the first installment - I can afford to be a bit laid back!

R

rossantony

present rentals in hurghada.

[/QUOTE] Articles i've been reading are stating a rental income of between £195 to £600 per week for beach front apartments in Hurghada based on the views and size of your apartment. RED[/QUOTE]

Hi Red, on rentals, I live frontline in Village Road, 5 star development, private beach, spa, gym, huge pool, gardens, sea view, 65m2, maintenance and housekeeping included, I am 20 metres from the Ocean.

I pay £100 a week.

kind regards

L

Lsab

Little to no experience here but isn't a longer term rental much cheaper than a holiday let?

R

redangel7861

....and a good one too!

I emailed Kathy to tell her that we weren't going with Mr Seddon and wouldn't send the contracts until our lawyer had done the DD. She was fine about it. Hopefully she'll pass on the message. Maybe there's not enough of us - percentage wise - going with Zeiad for IPP to get concerned. I know it's less of a problem for us as we've got a fairly long date before we have to pay the first installment - I can afford to be a bit laid back!

Linda, I think there are sufficient numbers going via Zeaid to worry the developer.

I've e-mailed Dan and Zeiad reagrding this matter. Let's hope they can get together and resolve this issue, so that we can move onto the next step.

regards
RED

T

tima

Hi Red, thanks for the reply. Can you give anymore details on how to contact Zeiad and their location. My concern is that i am due to pay the rest of the 40% at the begining of June and im not sure how IPP will react to me telling them there will be a delay. Any thoughts..

L

Lsab

I'm sure Red will get back to you Tima - but you're not alone. IPP know that a lot of us are waiting for the independant DD from Zeiad. The delay is with IPP rather than Zeiad.

R

redangel7861

Hi Red, thanks for the reply. Can you give anymore details on how to contact Zeiad and their location. My concern is that i am due to pay the rest of the 40% at the begining of June and im not sure how IPP will react to me telling them there will be a delay. Any thoughts..
Hi Tiam.

I notified IPP today that there would be delays to payment and contracts. They seemed OK about it. Zeaid's email address is:

[email protected]

Rgds
RED

R

redangel7861

I have just had an e-mail from Dan Tamplin from IPP Ltd. He is looking into this as a matter of urgency. I have also given him Zeiad's e-mail address.

Regards
Red

Roger

Roger

I have just had an e-mail from Dan Tamplin from IPP Ltd. He is looking into this as a matter of urgency. I have also given him Zeiad's e-mail address.

Regards
Red
I sent an email to EI customer support last night and copied in Stuart and Dan. I'm sure IPP will find a solution, but I would suggest that anyone who has concerns contacts their agent and/or the developer to add weight to the issue.

R

redangel7861

Dear All.

I have just been notified by IPP Ltd that they have spoken to Zeiad via phone and that Zeiad should be reciveing details of the due diligence in the next 24 hours. At this point we should all be able to move forward in this process.

rgds

RED

p.s. I think I've earned myself a bottle of Lucozade!!

Status
Not open for further replies.