Furniture in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lsab

Hi Anne

Alison is in Sharm at the moment - due back tomorrow I think. I know she'll answer as soon as she's ploughed through all her emails! You could PM Iain as if he hasn't used the same kitchen guy as Alison he will know who she did use.

Best wishes
Linda

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Anne I sent you a message answering your request a while ago. Did you not receive it - I will try and find it and resend it.

Regards

Alison

R

rgk

goin over in nov hopefully to buy furniture and aircon.
Whats the best way to do it
cash british/egyptian travellers checks or do they accept credit cards?

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi personally - I took sterling with me and paid with that which my supplier accepted. If changing sterling to le then wait until you get there as the exchange rate is better. I didnt ask to see if he accepted credit cards.

Of course taking cash is always risky as most insurance policies only cover you around £500 each. I didnt let mine out of my site and couldnt wait to hand it over!

I paid a 65% deposit and the balance on completion.

S

simonjwatts1

re cash or ???

Ill stick my two pence worth in, i take travellers cheques and then cash them over there as you get a better rate. I f you buying a package of furniture offer direct bank transfer so you wont need to take as much cash with you??

goin over in nov hopefully to buy furniture and aircon.
Whats the best way to do it
cash british/egyptian travellers checks or do they accept credit cards?

T

tombola008

furniture prices

hello, ive recently purchased a one bed appartment in the water huose resort hurghada,the total area is 44sqm.i was wondering how much a furniture pack and aircon would cost also has anyone got construction pictures updates.

thanks matt.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Matt and welcome.

I have merged your thread with this existing one on furniture. If you do a search you will normally find an existing thread on a particular subject.

Good luck with your purchase and please dont hesistate to ask if you need any help navigating the forum.

J

Jilly620_0

Custom made furniture

Hi All
Thought i would share some photos with you of the furniture i had made by a local carpenter in Hurghada. They were made from drawings i gave him The finished wood colour is your own choice ie: very light to very dark and he can copy anything ..... we are in Egypt after all. I have more photos taken at various stages of the construction of the furniture.
Hi there

I am looking for a good carpenter in Hurghada, and wondered if you could give me his details

thanks

J

Jilly620_0

Help please

Hi there,

wondered if you could help by giving me details of a good carpenter in Hurghada and also good quality furniture store and white goods

many thanks

S

simonjwatts1

re ez bed

this should be called the lazy bed.
I like it as it seems to do all the work.
We have a small one which is a manual blow up matteress but this looks very good. How much??:)

Hi all - anyone got or tried one of these YouTube - EZ Bed Air Bed

and this one which ios better vid Eazy Bed - AOL Video

Im seriously considering getting one as our sofa bed in our apartment is small ( defo no good for 2 adults ) and this looks a lot better and more comfortable.

queenie40something

queenie40something

The double is about £150 but also just found the Aero bed which is cheaper, has 3 yr guarantee, holds up to 300kg in weight, comes with valance and mattress protective sheet and looks smaller to store. On offer at moment deluxe raised double is half price at just under £100, comfort raised king at under £80 see Inflatable bed - Airbeds - Aerobed where there is also a vid for a demo. Think I might order one. Weight is about 15kg and will be better than the small sofa bed and easier me thinks. Inflates in 3 mins deflates in 1 and has the pump built in. Tesco Direct also sells these.

E

Elite

I bought a king size aerobed a couple of years ago for any unexpected guests staying over, it inflates within a couple of minutes (the built-in pump is a bit noisy but much better than manually inflating!) and is quite comfortable. The one I bought has a felt/velvet top so sheets don't slip off but there is nowhere to tuck a sheet in so you would need a fitted style sheet (elasticated). Only downside is that you can get a bit hot and sweaty on it, as you are lying on solid plastic/rubber at the end of the day. Oh and it is quite heavy so you may need to watch out for extra baggage charges if taking it over to Egypt.
Also, mine seems to have developed a leak somewhere as it starts to deflate after 10-15mins - I lent the bed to a friend whose kids were staying over, and I think they must have used it as a bouncy castle!

I paid about £40 for mine (ebay) and all in all its a good buy, but nothing beats a proper bed.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Thanks for that. The one I have seen comes with fitted sheet and valnce sheet as well. It is about 15kg in weight. There are 3 of us going out next month so allowance is 60kg.We have left all our daytime clothes, swimwear, snorkelling gear, toiletries, make up, shoes etc there so we wont be taking much else. I will have a look aon ebay and see if I can grab a bargain. Someone is going to measure up in the apartment 1st for me to make sue it will fit in the gap between the sofa and tv unit. Would a mattress topper work to stop you feeling hot and sweaty?? Yes I can just imagine those kids having a great time jumping up and down on it lol.
It would still charge on the adaptor plug wouldnt it?

E

Elite

Yes the pump should still work with the adapter, might take a little longer to inflate/deflate that's all. A mattress topper is a great idea, to help with air circulation and general comfort.
Have a time in Egypt next month.
Oh another point - the mains lead on mine is not very long (about 1m),so an extension lead may come in handy too - depends where your electric points are in the room you are installing the inflatable bed.

Louise

queenie40something

queenie40something

Thanks again and Im sure we will have a great time. I may still go for the more expensive Eazy Bed but can only find one supplier that states delivery is 28 days and going 3 weeks Tues. If anyone knows where I can order one in less than that time I would appreciate the links.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Thats brilliant thanks everso. Alot cheaper than what I found it for. We have a House of Fraser a couple of miles away so I will nip into town tomorrow and see if they have one in stock - hopefully they will give me a demo and I can try it out. Will let you know.
Thanks again xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.