Furniture in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

danny

yes, I agree. I too was very impressed with the furniture and decor. It is difficult to find such things as these.
There are two places where you an get quality furnishings in Hurghada, Ambiance furniture opposite the Chrysler garage heading along the end of the airport towards Mubarak 7 and Sahara Furniture virtually opposite Metro downtown.

If you want cheap chinese furniture avoid these.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Please do not take advise from anyone other than other owners as posts could well be self promotional.

This thread is aimed at buyers to assist buyers and not for agents, sellers, friends of agents etc.

The idea of this thread is that buyers can get unbiased realistic feedback from other owners and not from others for their own gain.

D

danny

do you have an idea about prices there danny?
The price of furniture you wish to purchase for your apartment is determined by what you intend to use your apartment for.

If you intend it for the rental market then purchase accordingly, I know a friend who has furnished a 2 bed apartment for 30000le by using Kings on Nasser Street for most of their furnishings and furniture4modern at the Kotta Mall, El Kawther for their lounge suite but this is intended for the rental market.

I furnished my 2 x 1 bed apartments for double that amount by using higher end furniture shops such as Ambiance and Sahara for feature items and Kings for bedroom furnishings but my apartments were for personal use only.
I am quite sure the original pictures that were commented upon were not sourced from Kings or furniture4modern.

You only get quailty if you pay for quality and even that isn't a given rule in this country.

I know that you can pay 5000le for an average chinese manufactured living room suite or you can pay 8000le for a hand crafted made to measure suite as I did.

D

danny

Hand crafted Suite from Sahara 8000le
Apartment 2b 010.jpg
Apartment 2b 011.jpg

Last edited:
D

danny

Half leather/half cloth from Ambiance 7500le

Lounge 7.jpg

Last edited:
D

danny

Screen from Sahara 1000le

Hand crafted made to measure table and 4 chairs from El Salam Street/Peace Street, Dahar, 1400le

Apartment 2b 023.jpg

D

danny

Pine dresser with mirror 790le and tall 2.5 meter high pine wardrobe 2100le from Kings, Nasser Street and now also in El Kawther next to Hameed and Sons Supermarket.
Apartment 2b 025.jpg

Apartment 2b 027.jpg

D

danny

Re: the above pictures.

My first major furniture purchase was from Ambiance, I was taken their by a local developer and am quite sure, through my naivety a the time, that I paid 15% more than neccassary due to this fact.

Always better to try and source furniture yourself as any assistance will incur a secret hidden commission.

El Salaam Street/Peace Street is down to hard bartering and paying what you think is reasonable.

Sahara furniture is all priced up an run by a lovely French lady called Bridgitte.

Kings furniture have most of their wares on show but also have a catalogue which lists all prices, these prices are not subject to your nationality, they are the same for Europeans and locals alike (quite a novel idea, won't catch on).

The bath from Gemma is an Ideal Standard which costs 200le more from the Ideal Standard showroom a few doors down from Gemma, work that one out.

Last edited:
Georgina

Georgina

Mosquito Net

Has anyone seen a mosquito net for sale in Hurghada please? I am looking for one to hang on my roof terrace from the pergola because I love to sleep up there at night when there is no wind and it is really hot. I don't get many mossies up there but if they do find me it will be my face that gets bitten!

T

thompsonsom

Re: the above pictures.

My first major furniture purchase was from Ambiance, I was taken their by a local developer and am quite sure, through my naivety a the time, that I paid 15% more than neccassary due to this fact.

Always better to try and source furniture yourself as any assistance will incur a secret hidden commission.

El Salaam Street/Peace Street is down to hard bartering and paying what you think is reasonable.

Sahara furniture is all priced up an run by a lovely French lady called Bridgitte.

Kings furniture have most of their wares on show but also have a catalogue which lists all prices, these prices are not subject to your nationality, they are the same for Europeans and locals alike (quite a novel idea, won't catch on).

The bath from Gemma is an Ideal Standard which costs 200le more from the Ideal Standard showroom a few doors down from Gemma, work that one out.

just been to kings and bought wardrobe & dressing table for 1150 & 785 have to say the quality is very good much better than the carpenter built for us at a much higher price.

Attachments

Georgina

Georgina

Hi Georgina if you cant get one let me know as I might be going to Ikea beofre I come to sharm next month - they do them as I got my daughter one and it hangs from the bedroom ceiling.

Here is the one I got IKEA | Beds | Single bed frames | BRYNE | Net and they have this one IKEA | SOLIG | Net or this that you can hang on your parasol IKEA | KARLSÖ | Net curtain for parasol

Thats if I can post it from Sharm to El Gouna??
Thanks so much Alison. That first one looks ideal. I will try and find someone who is travelling to El Gouna because I don't trust the post. I will send them the link.

You are a star as usual xxx

M

majicou

Thanks so much Alison. That first one looks ideal. I will try and find someone who is travelling to El Gouna because I don't trust the post. I will send them the link.

You are a star as usual xxx
Hi Georgina - no doubt you will have your contacts but if you cannot get someone I fly out on 29th May and could bring it!

Georgina

Georgina

Hi Georgina - no doubt you will have your contacts but if you cannot get someone I fly out on 29th May and could bring it!
Wow thank you :) If you are sure it won't put you to any trouble that would be fantastic!

This is the one I like IKEA | Beds | Single bed frames | BRYNE | Net

but please don't put yourself out.

I guess your Golf West home is all ready now. How exciting for you. I will pm you my contact details. You are welcome to come round to my roof terrace for a drink :)

N

nubianqueen

can a forum member tell me where sahara furniture is, i am in hughada.

nubianqueen

N

nubianqueen

and also ambiance furniture store is too in hurghada??

nubianqueen

D

danny

and also ambiance furniture store is too in hurghada??

nubianqueen
Ambiance furniture is opposite the Chrysler garage heading along the end of the airport towards Mubarak 7 and Sahara Furniture is opposite Radwan Electrical store on the other side of the road from Metro downtown on Nasser road/street (the main road between Sakalla and Dahar).

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi NubianQueen lovely to hear from you and glad things are starting to come together for you at last. The net in the 1st picture is for a single bed but they are quite big - good prices too!

Good luck with your furniture hunting and post some pics for us xx

Status
Not open for further replies.