Furniture in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

danny

Ambiance furniture is opposite the Chrysler garage heading along the end of the airport towards Mubarak 7 and Sahara Furniture is opposite Radwan Electrical store on the other side of the road from Metro downtown on Nasser road/street (the main road between Sakalla and Dahar).

Went past another new store yesterday in El Kawther, Carmen Furniture, it is directly opposite the VW showroom between Mubarak 2 and the airport road.

Red Sea

Red Sea

Banned
seems all members like to buy ready furniture now :D if this the case there is a nice shop as well beside Abo Ashara family market don't remember the name but still if you like to do your furniture on your own way, designs, colors and best quality with reasonabl cost i recommend Mr. Mohamed Farag only issue is delivery time he say in 4 weeks

S

Scotsgirl

Hi all

If anyone is looking for furniture to furnish their place in the sun I have some good website addresses. I have also found a great Egyptian Carpenter and Cabinet maker ( based in Sharm ) who will make all your furniture from solid wood. You can give him pics from mags or email him and he will replicate for you. He can also replicate kitchens as well. His outdoor furniture was very good and he was charging £25 for a solid wood lounger on wheels ( like the expensive teak ones here ). He quoted me £800 for fully handmade fitted wardrobes with matching double bed with mattress, bedside cabinets, dressing table and large mirror. A large sofa bed was £300 and cheaper for a normal sofa and £90 for matching armchair. dining table was £40 and chairs £25 each. AC units £300 each installed and water heater £90. All his prices included delivery and fitting. He will not make anything until he has personally come to measure up your apartment so everything fits. He can also get TV's white goods etc as well. I went to his workshop to see the pieces he had made and they were of very good quality. I know of 2 different people that have had furniture and kitchens made by him and are very pleased.
Hi. Is this the furniture factory in Rowystat? I have heard he is very good. I'm coming out to sharm in a month and need to price furniture for my apt when i move here later on in the year.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi yes he was in Rowaysat. I didnt go with him in the end. We decided we wanted to get everything from one person so we went with a package from Idea4furniture in Nabq and we were very happy with the quality and service.

S

Scotsgirl

Hi yes he was in Rowaysat. I didnt go with him in the end. We decided we wanted to get everything from one person so we went with a package from Idea4furniture in Nabq and we were very happy with the quality and service.
Thanks for that. What was it that you can get in the Nabq shop that you couldn't get in Rowasyat? I'm presuming white goods.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi we just wanted to deal with one person for everything - white goods, air con, dishwasher, plasma tv, water heater, bedding, fitted kitchen, curtains, shower curtain, mirrors, rugs, pots pans and cutlery etc etc - basically everything to make it turn key x

S

Scotsgirl

Hi we just wanted to deal with one person for everything - white goods, air con, dishwasher, plasma tv, water heater, bedding, fitted kitchen, curtains, shower curtain, mirrors, rugs, pots pans and cutlery etc etc - basically everything to make it turn key x
Thanks very much for that. I think we will go and have a look at the shop when I come in July. Is his furniture more or less the same price as Mohammeds at Rowaysat?

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi I dont know what the prices of Rowaysat are now - prices have increased. Let me know if you want Mostafas email address for Idea4furniture and you can enquire.

S

Scotsgirl

Hi I dont know what the prices of Rowaysat are now - prices have increased. Let me know if you want Mostafas email address for Idea4furniture and you can enquire.
The e mail address would be nice. thanks. Can i also ask how long Mohammed takes to make the furniture?

iain

iain

Hi Scotsgirl

just to say we also used idea4furniture and very pleased with the results. Nice people to deal with, reasonably priced, can custom make furniture if necessary and we have found them to be very reliable (providing you always bear in mind that this is Egypt!)

Iain

queenie40something

queenie40something

~Hi Mostafas email is [email protected] and his mobile is +20 (0) 10 7153121

I think it is now 60 days from ordering to completion. You pay 65% on order and the balance on completion.

Here is a video I took in his showroom last year [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htZ0a1nMtTo]YouTube - Idea4furniture Nabq[/ame]

S

Scotsgirl

Hi Scotsgirl

just to say we also used idea4furniture and very pleased with the results. Nice people to deal with, reasonably priced, can custom make furniture if necessary and we have found them to be very reliable (providing you always bear in mind that this is Egypt!)

Iain
Hi Iain
Thanks for that advice. I'm used to the Egyptian ways now...lol. If i eventually get this house sold to move over, i'm looking forward to designing my new rooms with the furniture i buy. Going over in July so will look at both furniture outlooks. I know also of the town (cant remember the name) about an hour from Cairo where you can buy cheap furniture and they deliver it to Sharm for you, so will maybe take a look up there but not this trip.

S

Scotsgirl

I think it is now 60 days from ordering to completion. You pay 65% on order and the balance on completion.

Here is a video I took in his showroom last year YouTube - Idea4furniture Nabq

Hi
I'm trying to work out how much i'm going to be to furnish an apartment in Sharm in the cheapest way but good sound furniture. Just furniture not crockery or sheets etc.

Can anyone help. I would be most grateful as I'm trying to work out my finances.
Thanks

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Scotsgirl - email Mostafa and he will be able to help you. He is local and always on hand for you which from personal experiance is a real bonus. He is also opening a new shop in Hadaba that will sell items and not packages such as beds, kitchens, crockery, pictures etc etc etc. He is very informative and very helpful. He is based next door to our apartment in Nabq so very handy indeed if I need anything such as a new gas bottle etc.

M

maggie

Here is a video I took in his showroom last year YouTube - Idea4furniture Nabq
Hi i,v sent a reply to your pm but don,t know if I did it right, but thank you for replying, also i,v done what you said, hope I did that right as well .
Maggie

S

Scotsgirl

Hi Scotsgirl - email Mostafa and he will be able to help you. He is local and always on hand for you which from personal experiance is a real bonus. He is also opening a new shop in Hadaba that will sell items and not packages such as beds, kitchens, crockery, pictures etc etc etc. He is very informative and very helpful. He is based next door to our apartment in Nabq so very handy indeed if I need anything such as a new gas bottle etc.

Thanks for the info. Sorry for the late reply but i'm just back from Sharm visiting my husband. Never got a chance to do much research into the furniture shops but i will the next time i go. I just wish i could sell my house and get out there. Just a very back time here to be selling. I see you live in Nabq. I did actually go and see with an Egyptian guy I know who is in estate, the Maraqia resort right at the end of Nabq. How do you find living in Nabq? Is it not too far out and what are the best and worst parts of living there as to more into the Sharm areas. Would be grateful for any advice. Thanks.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Scotsgirl - Im not living in Sharm - yet! I have not long got back myself and Mostafa built me some more cupboards in my bedroom that are lockable. I prefer Nabq to any other part of Sharm as it is quieter. If I need to go into Old Market or Naama and Im on my own I just get on the minibus but if there are a couple of us I found a taxi driver who takes me anywhere in Sharm for 60le return. I have made lots of friends and neighbours. I have heard of Maraqia and dont think it is too far from me - further behind towards the mountains as opposed to the beach I think. There is quite a good community spirit where we have bought and I recently had a great birthday bash round mine where locals and owners mixed. Mostafa came too along with the lady who looks after my apartment and the resort manager. It was great everyone getting together. I have been out on my own and have never felt lonely. There are quite a few English living on resort and in Nabq permanently. They are always so helpful too.

Status
Not open for further replies.