Flights

W

wayne_harris

hi everyone and a merry xmas to everyone on here. I have been keeping an eye on these postings and went and checked my easyjet tickets again. we are travelling in february and in July/august - and both of them state 2 hours check in.
Hi distant dreamer - whereabouts on the tickets did you read the 3 hours check in? thanks in advance for any further info.
we haven't booked the speedy boarding yet - but we are considering it - although there are different prices? speedy boarding PLUS ?????
Hi Johnwayne
We are out in the Feb half term and again in July/August. We may bump in to each other, cos we are in RT but cannot remember where about you are, lol.

Dawn

Last edited:
S

Steveand Christine

Flew back from Hurghada with Easyjet on Monday 5th January. There was very little food available (we got the last 2 hot meals and we were only in row 4). Most people had to make do with pringles and mars bars. The crew apologised that this was due to a shortage of supplies given to them at Gatwick and most was sold on the outbound flight. They urged us to write a letter of complaint to Easyjet.
We arrived at Gatwick at 6.30am for a 9.15am flight, we checked in at 6.45am half an hour before check in was supposed to open and that gave us plenty of time to get breakfast and have a quick look round the shops before boarding.
For the return journey we arrived at Hurghada 3 hours before the flight, waited in a short queue at security, check in was open with no queues and we were practically straight through the second security check. This allowed us plenty of time in duty free before boarding.
So make sure you allow plenty of time.

Steve and Christine

W

wellheld

Airport Taxi

Also don’t forget that when visiting hurghada if you go out to get a taxi they will not let you back in to the terminal it happened to me was told a price inside but it changed when outside so wanted to get back in but was stopped from entering
Next time just go along with whatever, and then give him 50LE (exact change of course)when you reach your destination (within Hurghada) This is easily enough, and if he's not happy tell him you are calling the police. He'll rant and rave but accept because it's more than the fare should be, and he will not want the police there.
I've not actually tried this from the airport, but it works everywhere else in town, the principle not the amount.
Or phone a taxi, there are a few reliable drivers with mobiles, or it was suggested you can walk next door to departures and get a drop off.
Good Luck, Helen.

Last edited:
queenie40something

queenie40something

We had a 27 hr delay with Easyjet but didnt mind as ended up having extra night in 5 star hotel - 2 rooms for 3 of us. Be aware new scam - not Excel over weight - but on check in - they will tell you no food or drink on plane - this is bull and to make you buy it in airport. Even after 27 hr delay we had loads hot / cold food and drink. Get to airport tho 1 hour earlier than says on your print out for departures in Egypt.

J

Johnsons

Next time just go along with whatever, and then give him 50LE (exact change of course)when you reach your destination (within Hurghada) This is easily enough, and if he's not happy tell him you are calling the police. He'll rant and rave but accept because it's more than the fare should be, and he will not want the police there.
I've not actually tried this from the airport, ......
Good Luck, Helen.
The problem with the airport "private" taxis is that they demand the fare (100LE) before departing... and then the driver expects a tip when you reach the destination!! I may try the departure entrance in Feb.
Regards, Rod :)

W

wellheld

The problem with the airport "private" taxis is that they demand the fare (100LE) before departing... and then the driver expects a tip when you reach the destination!! I may try the departure entrance in Feb.
Regards, Rod :)
I'd not heard that. I'll pm you a some local phone nos, you can arrange a pick up then, maybe.

N

nubianqueen

hi would appreciate some local phones nos. too if that o.k. i may be a lone woman on my own from time to time, so would like local cabs that you have used and have confidence in.

shokran

nubianqueen

I

icywill

In case anyone is wanting reasonable flight from Manchester. I have just booked to fly to Hurghada on the 24th April for two weeks at £233. Thought that was a good price got it through travel republic.com

L

lisac

I'd not heard that. I'll pm you a some local phone nos, you can arrange a pick up then, maybe.
arriving 9th feb wondered if you could give me some local numbers also for whilst we are there thanks very much::D

queenie40something

queenie40something

£160 return flight to sharm from gatwick

...Might have one going. Depart 18th April for 15 nights £160. Seller will pay for name change. If you want an earlier flight back pm me for extra costs. This same flight is now on sale for £300 ( when I last looked a couple of weeks ago ). This is due to a drop out due to job loss xx

T

thelfamily

EASY JET

Hello - have been reading another forum and someone was asking if for example the monday flight to hurghada was considerably delayed, would they have passengers to fly on the next day or on the next scheduled flight with easy jet which is the friday?
This could affect many people if they travel with easy jet from gatwick (mondays and fridays) to hurghada.

W

wayne_harris

EASY JET

Hello - have been reading another forum and someone was asking if for example the monday flight to hurghada was considerably delayed, would they have passengers to fly on the next day or on the next scheduled flight with easy jet which is the friday?
This could affect many people if they travel with easy jet from gatwick (mondays and fridays) to hurghada.
Hi, if you go into the easyjet website and email them, through customer services, they will be able to help you.

Dawn

Georgina

Georgina

EASY JET

I am sure they would want to get passengers back as soon as possible otherwise they have to pay insurance delays. It was always a problem with the airlines that just flew once a week when there was a technical problem and they had to get another aircraft. Usually it was a 24 hour delay. I took off on time from Gatwick once and the aircraft had to return due to loss of cabin pressure (think it was Astraeus?). Anyhow they couldn't find another of their own aircraft so sent us by bus on a Friday afternoon around the M25 to Stansted and put us up in the Ramada and then chartered a plane from Triton airways who I believe are there for such circumstances. It cost GBP60,000 for the charter plus all the hotel bills and coaches. It took off 23 hours and around 58 minutes after the original time so they didn't have to pay insurance for over 24 hour delay!

T

thelfamily

Thanks Dawn. Thanks Georgina.
so, if the flight from gatwick to hurghada was delayed,say on the monday, they would hopefully not delay it to the next time they fly, which would be the friday? That's good news for those who just want a quick visit to check on things.

C

CMChris

Does the Easyjet speedyboarding work at Hurghada? Just wanted to know before I book the tickets and could someone please give me some friendly taxi drivers numbers? We will be going to Sahl Hasheesh and a rough idea of how much we shouldn't give the driver lol.

S

scubadoo

Does the Easyjet speedyboarding work at Hurghada? Just wanted to know before I book the tickets and could someone please give me some friendly taxi drivers numbers? We will be going to Sahl Hasheesh and a rough idea of how much we shouldn't give the driver lol.

Chris, if you are looking for some cheap flights, this week I have booked flights with Thomas Cook out 28th April and back 5th May. £205 per person including taxes, credit card fee etc.

D

danny

Speedy boarding works fine at Hurghada.

When you arrive at Hurghada go to departures and get a Taxi that has just dropped someone off, this way you will get a good deal, as they would have been going out empty.

Just make sure they use the meter, not sure what the fare would be for Sahl.

I

ivanthetwonk

British Resort ( Ivan & Marion )

Just got back from Hurghada used easyjet, no problems. flight on time, loads of leg room,can`t complement the airline enough. Boarding no problem, did`nt use speedy boarding just got there early which puts you in A seating [you go on the plane after speedy, but before B ]. from Gatwick a bit of a drive as we are from near Lancaster, late january we paid £130. but next time we`re flying tom cooke, birmingham. as you see we go cheapest, the best future price for us has been with easyjet Oct £160 although a friend got £180 from Manchester in April, it is possible to get less looking hard.
We`re over there 17th March for two weeks, anybody else going at the same. let us know, could just do with a Stella. anything new on British Resort will stick on here on return. ta-rar Ivan & Marion.

J

Johnsons

Hurghada Airport

Just home - 3.5 hours delay with EasyJet (staff shortage!).. trust it to be the time I was really early at Hughada Airport - 6 hours of that great airport and friendly staff. EasyJet (bless 'em) provided a 4.5€ voucher for refreshments - but to the rip-off artists running the cafe that equated to 2 small bottles of water and no food.
And off course there was the announcement (made at least 12 times) that "there is no food on board EasyJet you must buy food at the restaurant to take on board" -

Oh Oh!! A barefaced lie to have the unsuspecting take out a mortgage on a slice of pizza or sandwich!!

Left Hurghada at 9pm not 5:35pm (Monday) arrived Gatwick 12:30am Tuesday.

Rod :eek: