Excessive Noise ? - Tonic (New Night Club)

S

Sarah C

hi sue,

we are also over on the 13th June, we are at Desert Pearl so we will see!! Im not that worried, ive been told that you cant hear it from DP1 if the windows are closed!!

Sarahx

D

dmal

I have just seen this thread and am very concerned as we have purchased at CSP looking outwards (furthest side from DP). Can anyone who has been tell me if this is the side of the bowling alley and nightclub please?
Thank you - Deborah

L

lovesquadsue

Yes i think this is the side of the nightclub - I think CSP is the last development before the nightclub. I will know more when we go over in a week or so.
Which side of CSP are you on if you are looking from the road in front and DP is on your left?

R

r0ckcrew

Hi,

I was in Regency Towers until 16 May. My apartment faces towards the nunnery. When the generator was switched off at midnight the nightclub musicwas very loud.

If your CSP apartment is facing the Bowling Club it will be VERY loud.

/Tommy

D

dmal

Thanks to Tommy and Sue for your quick replies. Sadly yes, I am facing the bowling alley. May now see if I can transfer my deposit or pull out, as my disco days are behind me!

L

lovesquadsue

Did you deal directly with the developer or go through an agent?

D

dmal

I have gone back to my agent to see what he says/advises.

H

hurghadad

hi, does anyone have any further information regarding tonic, opening days, times, permissions, etc?

thanks

D

dmal

Sue and Sarah C - would be very interested for your honest opinion on the noise level when you get back. I will be in CSP facing bowling alley. Thanks
Deborah

S

simonjwatts1

Oh elll i did post here but it has disapeared????

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Simon - I have checked the whole thread and there have been no posts here that have been deleted by any of the mods??

S

simonjwatts1

lol

oh yes thicko me sry all
Simon, you did post on the Desert Pearl thread earlier, something 'bout crawling home n closing windows. Is that wot you're refering 2??

S

simonjwatts1

re alarmed

Hi as you may of read i am not alarmed but i can understand some "residents" being worried and alarmed as it may bother some in a closer building. However i seem to be in a good position at Desert Pearl 1 and it did not bother me at all when over in May. It was fully opened and running so i can be certain it wont bother my own apartment.:rolleyes

D

danny

Tonic

A new member has just posted the following:

We have just learned today about the open air nightclub opened at the site of the bowling alley next door to coral sea pearl yards away. TONIC

As an investor here I am really concerned . Our apartment was bought for investment and now this does not seem possible.

I am not scaremongering here but those of you who have invested here need to know. We have contacts in hurghada who tell me this is quite a problem. This is the first we heard about it hence, I am not happy in the slightest!

This is not good new at all!!

I assume that this is also of concern to other developments in the area - DP, Regency Towers etc. For some it might be good news of course!! Great to have a new night club of course, but one within hearing, is maybe not so great.
I live at the British Resort and cannot here it luckily.

R

rossantony

door policy

went down to TONIC, and they wouldnt let me in for free! asked me to pay TEN DOLLARS...i dont have any dollars...mainly local people in there, and still busy at 3am..last night the marina party and ministry was fantastic..what a great night. i didnt go into tonic, we local residents are not going to hand over ten dollars to buy a drink!

R

rgk

it does seem sensible not to be supporting something that is causing us a problem and may devalue our properties

L

lovesquadsue

We stayed at the British Resort last week and both me and Shaun could hear the 'noise' from Tonic.... it was more the base than anything else and when the aircon was on and you were inside it wasnt loud enough to cause us any problems - you could hear it on the balcony though. I suspect that once the other buildings are finished these will block out quite a bit of the noise from the British Resort.
Tonic only seems to fire up after midnight although it is open from early evening - they had a massive tv screen showing the euro08 games so i think after these had finished the music started.... quieter at first then louder after midnight...
It is just an open air bar and there is nothing that says it is a definite permanent fixture. I tried to find out if it is permanent but nobody seemed to know!
My advice? I would just wait and see how it pans out - with any luck it wont last too long! And once all of the surrounding developments are up and running there will be a bigger force against the place - at the moment it isnt really bothering anyone as 95% of the surrounding developments are empty or building sites....

D

dmal

Thanks for your update Sue. Very useful. Hope you had a good time.