Excessive Noise ? - Tonic (New Night Club)

H

hurghadad

also is it possible for this thread or at least the beginning of it to be replicated in the normal forum as i'm assuming a lot of people that this thread is relevant to, don't visit the egyptian lounge or the CSP thread??

regards

H

hurghadad

i'm not sure if you'll be able to see this, but it should be an image of the nightclub and the surrounding developments, the yellow line from the bowling alley/nightclub to DP1 representing 100m.

Attachments

Last edited:
V

vix

i'm not sure if you'll be able to see this, but it should be an image of the nightclub and the surrounding developments, the yellow line from the bowling alley/nightclub to DP1 representing 100m.
So CSP and Regency will be the worst affected by the looks of it. The lady I spoke with in DP1 said how it affected her quite badly.

V

vix

I'm sure Martin will give us an honest appraisal after hes spent a couple of nites there, and Simon hasnt mentioned it, so no point in getting too concerned just yet. What do others think?

Georgina

Georgina

In El Gouna we had two new open air nightclubs open last summer. It all depends on the wind as to how you are affected. Usually we have a strong north wind so you could be close by but north of the music and not hear much at all. But if you have bought in the Ocean View Hotel apartments overlooking Du Port then you won't get much sleep before 4am on a friday and monday night. I am a ten minute walk away but the sound of the base carries on the wind but not enough to disturb me. Even Mangroovy beach I can hear depending on the wind.

Not sure about in Hurghada with so many tall buildings though.

R

rossantony

club and hotel noise

having worked in the club business and still hosting the odd party i love a decent sound system and a drink so have no objection to the egyptian love of loud outdoor music.

due to the fact that it never rains, a lot of clubs here are outdoors. noise pollution is a big problem here, from hotels as well as clubs. in central hurghada this will be an issue for a long time to come, as the place is trying to attract a younger party crowd (see thread on the new marina being run by club giants, ministry of sound)

Apart from UK interests in selling booze holidays to party goers, the locals love playing music LOUD outside, so any neighbourhood that has a club/bar/restaurant with live music playing in it will be subject to noise pollution.

There are no strict laws here, on noise, if complaints are made the police will visit, but on most occasions, they know the local businessman who owns the establishment, so action is rarely taken.

In fact the goverment actively sponsers loud music in public places, the squash tournament on the village road last month, came with a superb outdoor rig, that had my walls shaking to 3am!

I have always raised this point, having lived most of my life in seaside towns. The biggest offenders are hotels, who play music all day and night, with their animation teams going round trying to get everybody into party mood..so that they buy drinks...My apartment is next door to Sindbad Beach so I a talking from experience here. (having joined in many a passing "conga")

I have always told my clients they are better buying into residential resorts, away from the hotels on the front line and busy central districts. The new developments to the North will suffer less from external noise pollution, and on Sahl Hasheesh the more exclusive developments are not on the front line..you may not have the "Sea View" but you will have something possibly more precious..peace and quiet!

kind regards

rossantony

S

simonjwatts1

I have just come back from Desert Pearl and Tonic cannot be new as it looks old and shabby lol, Oh thats just Egypt lol, I could not hear it at all whilst there except when walking home from eating out. To be fair it is a "Holiday" area that we are purchasing property in and would we all have a problem with a New Hard Rock Cafe?? These are louder.My apartment is not next door to it but even sitting out on balcony i could not hear it.

S

simonjwatts1

re noise

Hiya i have made a post but did not see this request. My apartment is in L block so suelder side but over looking the pool and at the front next to the road. Cannot complain about it from the time i was there.could not hear even when on the balcony well not enough to worry about thogh.
Whilst out there last week, spoke with a lady that had been living there since March. At the time we spoke with her, she said the night club had only been open 3 nights, and yes she did say it was very, very loud, until 3-4 am ish. Like me, she is on the side that overlooks DP2. Praps Simon can throw some lite on this, he was there at the same time, but not know where his apartment is in relation to this. Possibly not so bad on the Suledor side.

V

vix

Lets just be prepared with industrial ear plugs and mogadon, just in case. Lived under a flight path once, got used to it after a while.

S

simonjwatts1

re noise and nightclubs

What a fantastic post . Nice one. I too dont mind as it is a "holiday" home
having worked in the club business and still hosting the odd party i love a decent sound system and a drink so have no objection to the egyptian love of loud outdoor music.

due to the fact that it never rains, a lot of clubs here are outdoors. noise pollution is a big problem here, from hotels as well as clubs. in central hurghada this will be an issue for a long time to come, as the place is trying to attract a younger party crowd (see thread on the new marina being run by club giants, ministry of sound)

Apart from UK interests in selling booze holidays to party goers, the locals love playing music LOUD outside, so any neighbourhood that has a club/bar/restaurant with live music playing in it will be subject to noise pollution.

There are no strict laws here, on noise, if complaints are made the police will visit, but on most occasions, they know the local businessman who owns the establishment, so action is rarely taken.

In fact the goverment actively sponsers loud music in public places, the squash tournament on the village road last month, came with a superb outdoor rig, that had my walls shaking to 3am!

I have always raised this point, having lived most of my life in seaside towns. The biggest offenders are hotels, who play music all day and night, with their animation teams going round trying to get everybody into party mood..so that they buy drinks...My apartment is next door to Sindbad Beach so I a talking from experience here. (having joined in many a passing "conga")

I have always told my clients they are better buying into residential resorts, away from the hotels on the front line and busy central districts. The new developments to the North will suffer less from external noise pollution, and on Sahl Hasheesh the more exclusive developments are not on the front line..you may not have the "Sea View" but you will have something possibly more precious..peace and quiet!

kind regards

rossantony

V

vix

Or, as an alternative to the ear plugs and sleeping tabs, we cud always join in. (Not sure about the conga tho)

V

vix

Dont mind partying, but have to take time out for the odd cuppa. Otherwise I get withdrawel symptoms, as I have tanning poisoning!

L

Lsab

Great post Ross. I know for sure that I don't want to live in Hurghada now! I don't mind loud music but I'd want to be able to shut it off when I'd had enough!! I'd get very frazzled if I was trying to sleep and couldn't because of the noise. A lot of concerned people have young families so that will be a problem for them - especially those who've chosen to live there so that their kids have to be up for school next day. If this area is being aimed at a younger singles market, I just wonder why the people that bought there didn't know this.
Unlike you Vix, my party days are in the past (I know...I'm very sad!) - so peace, quiet and lots of cuppas are more my thing!

V

VICKIG

Hi Isab,

I agree, my balcony at Regency is also facing towards this direction. I will be moving in the apartment and having a 1 year old baby, it is seriously making me re evaluate the situation as I don't get much sleep now so can imagine wat a nightmare it will be if it is as bad as suggested....

V

vix

Hi Isab,

I agree, my balcony at Regency is also facing towards this direction. I will be moving in the apartment and having a 1 year old baby, it is seriously making me re evaluate the situation as I don't get much sleep now so can imagine wat a nightmare it will be if it is as bad as suggested....
Does appear to be the Regency and Coral that will be affected the most. And for the people plannning on spending a lot of time/living there. not good. I'm just trying to keep an open mind until we have something positive to go on. There have been so many false alarms that have been upsetting, yet amounted to nothing in the long run. What we need is a positive evaluation from some one staying there over a period of time, and on the DP2 SIDE. FINGERS CROSSED.

P

PineNut

Does appear to be the Regency and Coral that will be affected the most. And for the people plannning on spending a lot of time/living there. not good. I'm just trying to keep an open mind until we have something positive to go on. There have been so many false alarms that have been upsetting, yet amounted to nothing in the long run. What we need is a positive evaluation from some one staying there over a period of time, and on the DP2 SIDE. FINGERS CROSSED.
I've just come across this thread and have to say am feeling a little bit worried as I like my sleep too! Like Sue (lovesquadsue) we've bought on the British Resort but haven't been out in a while. I'd be really interested to know if anyone's been staying there recently and what they think. But like Vix I'm going to wait and see before getting all worked up. :)

L

lovesquadsue

Well we are going over in a couple of weeks so I will be sure to check it out - day and night to see if there really is cause for concern.
I'm sure that nobody minds a bit of music when on holiday but people who are making this their permanent home dont want it to interfere with their day to day life (IE no sleep!) ..... everyone will see this differently I'm sure. Me and my husband are only 28 and 29 so still in our younger years but even so I wouldnt want to be kept awake by loud music banging on at 4am as has been suggested!
Fingers crossed its not as bad as we are all thinking - I will post any info i get on my return.
Lets not panic just yet!
Sue x

P

PineNut

Like you say, fingers crossed. Will wait till you get back.:)

V

vix

Hi Pinenut and Sue, yes, potentially an awful lot of people cud be affected.