Blue Sea Bay, Makadi Bay

R

rumbaba

Yes I agree many Egyptian resorts have some wonderful reception areas and entrances. They are definitely very grand and large - probably genetic from the time of the Pharaohs. I think when the building gets its dome (which I suspect it will have),along with the vehicle entrances and barriers it will look good. Don't forget that Orascom have the rest of that huge piece of land to develop and sell. Our project will be their show piece. They have a lot at stake, if it doesn't look good in the end they will have difficulty developing the rest!

G

glenndaleuk

Hi
Ok I suppose I am being a little flipant, but realy don`t you think this could be overkill. I mean this development is hardly El Guna. I think this is not the main entrance . I don`t know, but I suspect the main entrance will be at the front of the development facing the sea and Hotels. Wonder what folk from Q3and Q4 will think , they will probably get something even bigger. The mother of all receptions.

M

maggie

Hi
Ok I suppose I am being a little flipant, but realy don`t you think this could be overkill. I mean this development is hardly El Guna. I think this is not the main entrance . I don`t know, but I suspect the main entrance will be at the front of the development facing the sea and Hotels. Wonder what folk from Q3and Q4 will think , they will probably get something even bigger. The mother of all receptions.
As for me in Q3 I say the bigger the better. lol

G

glenndaleuk

And I thought you were such a nice girl, being a vicers daughter and all :) lol

G

glenndaleuk

Maggie Now how did you know I was refereing to you? Still if the cap fits.:) :)

Randall

Randall

Hi Maggie

I am amazed at your determination at buying 'again' in Egypt.. after losing your money to Harris....

I am one of Regency's 'victims' and follow all the threads.

I think it's great you have worked hard to achieve your 'dream'....I also feel you are really happy due to your posting's..

Good luck to you.

It was easier for me thanks to 'simpy' who was on here a while ago.

I slated this person for being a voice against Harris...But soon regreted this..

My apartment is now ready at the old 'Regency heights'...

It cost me and my family ...stress..heartache, etc...etc..even more money ..but the now 'Moon City' is built and has fantastic views and a great landowner.

Harris is long gone but we are still living the dream....

All the best...

M

maggie

Hi Maggie

I am amazed at your determination at buying 'again' in Egypt.. after losing your money to Harris....

I am one of Regency's 'victims' and follow all the threads.

I think it's great you have worked hard to achieve your 'dream'....I also feel you are really happy due to your posting's..

Good luck to you.

It was easier for me thanks to 'simpy' who was on here a while ago.

I slated this person for being a voice against Harris...But soon regreted this..

My apartment is now ready at the old 'Regency heights'...

It cost me and my family ...stress..heartache, etc...etc..even more money ..but the now 'Moon City' is built and has fantastic views and a great landowner.

Harris is long gone but we are still living the dream....

All the best...[/QUOTE
] Hi
yes I am happy very happy. I have not heard from simpy or mars for a long time But I will always be grateful for all their help and information. I'm really pleased that you now have your dream and I will not let Morris or Harris distroy mine. I think that Orascom are very good developers/ land owners. They have been very kind and understanding regarding me buying in Makadi. And some of the other investors are also very supportive so I think I have made a good choice in buying there and can't wait to get my keys. Its cost me more money to get what I want and I'm having to do 2 jobs to pay for it but I know it will be worth it in the end. I'm really looking forward to spending some time there.
Some photos of your apartment would be nice.
Maggie.

Sorry I sent a reply to your pm before I read your post.

M

maggie

Hi,
Has every one received their contract back from the courts? As mine seems to be taking for ever.

A

AAF

Hi Maggi,
Our contract (appears) to have taken a year to get it through the Courts and then our solicitor would not send it through the post saying it was unsafe. We could sign and collect it from his office on our next visit or provide copy of our passport to our agent. We have it now ....a red stamp on each and every page!

While I am on......Have to say that I am disappointed with Orascom as a company. Have no doubt that the project will be delivered but Q1 is behind schedule but there has been no news; websites not updated and strangely, the agents have gone quiet too. Anyone doing any selling?

G

glenndaleuk

Hi Maggie
yup took a year collectd mine in feb this year while I was over there. You should also have the certificate from the courts . Like you my solicitor would`nt post it. I had to go to his office in the Star Fish building in Down Town Hurghada.

Glenn

G

glenndaleuk

Oooops should have addressed my last post to AAF .
Maggie get in touch with your solicitor and see what is happening. I don`t think there is anything to worry about but just for your piece of mind give him a call.

J

jjoneedge

re contract.

Hi,
Has every one received their contract back from the courts? As mine seems to be taking for ever.
Hello Maggie and everyone.

We had an email from our solicitor to say he has our contract but he wont put it in the post. He said pop in next time you are in Hurghada :) as thought we went every week! We bought through GDI.

Joyce:)

E

egyptianperson

Banned
Red stamps

Hi Maggi,
Our contract (appears) to have taken a year to get it through the Courts and then our solicitor would not send it through the post saying it was unsafe. We could sign and collect it from his office on our next visit or provide copy of our passport to our agent. We have it now ....a red stamp on each and every page!

While I am on......Have to say that I am disappointed with Orascom as a company. Have no doubt that the project will be delivered but Q1 is behind schedule but there has been no news; websites not updated and strangely, the agents have gone quiet too. Anyone doing any selling?
hi - the red stamps, is this the court validity suite. I only thought that could happen after hand over. thanks for any help.

M

maggie

Hi,
Thanks every one for your replies.
Sorry if I seem a bit concerned.
My friend who has brought in Tiba Heights has been told her contract was lost some where between the courts and her solicitors. This is the 3rd time she has had to sign every thing. My solicitor is also in the Star Fish building but I'm sure hes not the same solicitor as some of you other investors. I would not go with the solicitor who was recommended by GDI as I had met my solicitor before regarding my other apartment. He spends a lot of time in Europe so I'm proberly worrying for nothing.
I rang GDI just over 2 weeks ago it was about the banks and they said that every thing was fine Nermine had emailed them the day before and said there were no problems and investors were still buying. I;m not too worried if there are delays although it must be a bit dissapointing for those in the first phase.
Thanks again
Maggie

Last edited:
G

glenndaleuk

cvs

hi - the red stamps, is this the court validity suite. I only thought that could happen after hand over. thanks for any help.
Hi
I am buying in Q2 and I have had my contract stamed by th courts. I also have a hand written document from the court which I was told is very impotant and ws to do with the cvs. I assumed the two things went together.

The only advise I can give regarding posting to egypt is Don`t. Always send via reputable delivery firm.
I posted my power of attorny to egypt and it was lost, luckily I had insured the documents and they did eventialy come back to me but not before I had to pay out for a second lot of Embassey and legal fees for more documents. It was not easy getting the post office to honour there insurance and it was only after I threatend them with legal action that they payed up. Until that point they came up with every excuse in the book to get out of paying.
By the way I can recommend The Star Fish for Dinner the food is fantastic.

L

LOUKIC

You should be fine if you use courier firms such as DHL or Fedex.

C

chris_property

Good to see some pictures of Makadi on facebook, it looks to be coming on well but still a way to go from what I can see with the development on this scale. It seems Q1 is running late from the forum post, which I am not too surprised about to be honest as the development is huge and from experience in smaller apartment complexes it is not unusual in delays even when it is all go. I am sure it will be worth the wait :)

I am in Q2 which is maybe due the end of the year or into next year, I am letting it take its course and not planning things too soon.

I have not heard any news on my Court Validity Suite and I see that some of you have been notified that yours is completed so I have contacted my lawyer to check on the status of mine.

It would be nice to see some more photograph updates in the coming weeks and hear any news of anyone over.

I won't be in Egypt this year I am spending a lot of time in my Bulgarian property this year and will see how things develop next year with Makadi Bay.

Thanks for those who have been updating, I read most days and will be watching for some exciting developments :)

Cheers

Chris