Blue Sea Bay, Makadi Bay

C

chris_property

Hi Rabster,
You are right really Orascom should of included more than 2 electric points in a kitchen, which is really a huge over sight. It seems from the emails I have received we have to pay for it, if that is the case I'll pay it to have them in and not have this problem.

Unless Orascom decide to announce they will do new electrics in all units with this amount then I think we buyers will have to pay for it. At the moment there will be a large number I think who do not know about this and luckily we were informed and if the majority are unaware then I think that any buyers who do not request and arrange for this to be done will receive the standard electrics.

Hopefully there is no more expenses like this we never seen coming, but be prepared for the hidden extras I think.

Cheers

Chris

Georgina

Georgina

Even going back to when I first moved here in 2003/4 it was nearly impossible to find an electric oven around Hurghada. Everyone in Egypt cooked on gas using a gas bottle. Times have changed considerably since then and shops everywhere have opened up for European styles. :eating:

I

IVA

Dear Georgina,
Time flies and situation changes in Egypt very quickly. now it is not a problem to find electric ovens and cooking surfaces in Hurghada bith with open heating elements and glass ceramic ones and diferent manufactures (Turkey, Italy, China,etc) becides design companies making kitchens provide wide range of appliance including electric ovens from famous and reliable manufactures. In Hurghada now they start to make central gasline and change gas ovens with ballons, i am not sure if we have central gasline in Makady but to my mind electric oven is a best solution for us there and even lack of electric socket in the kitchen is not a problem :)

Georgina

Georgina

Yes I'm amazed at how quickly everything has changed. It had to with so many Europeans buying property in the area. At this rate even the electrician coming round to install the appliances will have a plug on the end of the wire of his drill ;-)

C

chris_property

Yes I'm amazed at how quickly everything has changed. It had to with so many Europeans buying property in the area. At this rate even the electrician coming round to install the appliances will have a plug on the end of the wire of his drill ;-)
Hi Georgina,
Thanks for the info on the gas etc, the apartment I rented in Egypt was gas as well, it sounds like things have moved on a lot and a lot of European style kitchen set up's are more easily obtained.

I am very much looking forward to Makadi and when the time comes getting the apartment ready. I think I seen pictures of yours posted before and you have it done really nice and I am sure it is a nice home for you.

Thank you, always enjoy your inputs from your experiences of living in Egypt and with Orascom as well.

Many thanks,

Chris

Georgina

Georgina

Thanks Chris. A friend of mine here who is French has brought 11 properties in Makadi! I think his aim is to sell them all on at a profit. He went down there last on 3rd June and was very pleased. Our El Gouna residents diving club will be going to Sharm El Naga on Monday 20th for a day trip. I haven't been there since 2004 so it will be nice to visit again. It is just after Makadi so I will report on the beach and facilities there.

C

chris_property

That sounds good Georgina, that is interesting your friend buying 11 properties in Makadi he certainly must feel there is potential to invest in as many as that and also good to hear he was very pleased on his site visit this month. I am very interested with 1 there so 11 you certainly would be :)

Sharm El Naga seems very nice, I looked it up and I hope you have a good day out there and an update on this area close to Makadi would be greatly appreciated and if the beach etc is accessible to the public. Snorkeling and diving I will be very interested in when I spend more time in Egypt.

Matilda, thank you for the photo link update, all looks well and I see some more recent pictures of the type 3 units which is great and can really get a feel for them.

It is good to get a recent photo update fix :)

Cheers

Chris

Georgina

Georgina

Sharm El Naga

A group of ten of us drove down from El Gouna to Sharm El Naga today to check out the beach and snorkelling. I guess it is a 20-25 minute drive from Blue Sea Bay. The snorkelling is good both to the left and right and the beauty is the sea bed drops off to 40m for divers. They also offer RHIB trips to other dive sites. We paid LE40 for entrance to Sharm El Naga with an annual visa. It is LE80 if you don't have an annual Egyptian tourist visa or residents visa. We had lunch for LE40 which was a choice of fish fillet, kofta, chicken or burger with salad, tahina, french fries and rice and water melon for desert. Small bottle of water is LE4. It was very quiet and peaceful. There are chalet rooms to book if you wish to stay overnight.

I also took photos of Blue Sea Bay from the highway as we went past. Photo album here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150270439458255.375257.665383254&l=bd649cab62

M

maggie

A group of ten of us drove down from El Gouna to Sharm El Naga today to check out the beach and snorkelling. I guess it is a 20-25 minute drive from Blue Sea Bay. The snorkelling is good both to the left and right and the beauty is the sea bed drops off to 40m for divers. They also offer RHIB trips to other dive sites. We paid LE40 for entrance to Sharm El Naga with an annual visa. It is LE80 if you don't have an annual Egyptian tourist visa or residents visa. We had lunch for LE40 which was a choice of fish fillet, kofta, chicken or burger with salad, tahina, french fries and rice and water melon for desert. Small bottle of water is LE4. It was very quiet and peaceful. There are chalet rooms to book if you wish to stay overnight.

I also took photos of Blue Sea Bay from the highway as we went past. Photo album here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150270439458255.375257.665383254&l=bd649cab62
Thank you Georgina for the photo's it looks like you had a great time. Makadi looks like its comming on a treat.

Georgina

Georgina

Below is a Google Earth view of Makadi and Sharm El Naga. You take the Safaga Highway and do a U turn for the Soma Bay exit. This is a tiny road and then look out for the rough track on the left side for Sharm El Naga.

C

chris_property

Thank you very much for sharing your photographs Georgina and Sham El Naga looks very nice and a nice day looks to have been had out there :)

It is not that far from Makadi and thank you for all the cost details for entry and so on, we will have to go there when we are over at Makadi.

Any more tips as Makadi moves on would be great :)

The recent pictures of the type 7 floors look excellent! Shame the type 3 cannot have something like this, but this makes excellent use of space in the type 7's.

Have enjoyed all the recent photographs by everyone thank you!

Chris

R

rumbaba

I know I asked about a mezzanine in a type 3 earlier but I still believe that it could happen but with a less impressive staircase instead.

R

rumbaba

Does anyone know when Orascom will start the landscaping of the resort? The buildings look lovely but a bit barren without any landscaping.

M

maggie

Heres an email I received from Orascom regarding the sockets in the kitchen.

ODM has recently noticed few comments from its clients about Makadi project’s standard finishing during their delivery process, accordingly we are taking this opportunity to clarify certain points to our respectable customers to clear up any future issues.

Makadi is designed to be an economic housing touristic and residential development considering the units’ prices. Therefore, ODM on behalf of Rooya; despite the economic purchasing price, was keen to update the units with all the basic and durable standardized finishing in order to provide all our clients the maximum service value that would accommodate all their living needs in Makadi.

A specific case of complain we have received was concerning the sockets precisely in the Kitchen. Therefore kindly find below our clarification regarding this specific issue.

Given the general needs in Makadi there are dedicated normal sockets that are suitable for a fridge, washing machine and multi use such as ( kettle, toaster, blender, microwave ,etc..). As for the stove, the standard in Makadi as well as in Egypt is operated by Gas (cylinder or pipes). Accordingly, installing extra high power socket that would operate certain types of stoves is not included within Makadi basic standardized finishing package.

Also for further clarification “ electrical installation of all electrical appliances” is referred to all the house appliances in the apartment in general.

Finally, ODM is always eager to satisfy all its clients, therefore we will be more than happy to install an extra high power socket for the stove in the kitchen for an extra cost, as this will require different socket specifications and will be tailor made as mentioned earlier such a request will be above the basic standardized finishing package that we offer in Makadi.

Kindly if any of the clients are interested in such extra installation or any other upgrade notify us in order to get back to you with the exact extra cost amount.

M

maggie

Did they give a price rumbaba?
I contacted Orascom and this is their reply

Dear Margret,

The development will be in touch with you soon regarding the prices

As for the mezzanine its only installed in Type 7

C

chris_property

Yes the buildings are looking good every update, it will be nice when we start to see progress with the roads and pathways between the buildings and landscaping stages, at the moment the buildings are coming on well but it looks a way off with the infrastructure still.

I have put myself down for the extra electric sockets as I will want an electric oven, regarding the mezzanine they look excellent in the type 7 and thanks for updating Maggie on the type 3 etc.

Looking at the pictures of a type 3, I don't think it would be impossible to do, one thing as Rumbaba pointed out is the stairs the option could be spiral design staircase, but there certainly is not the space of a type 7 and would it close the space of the type 3 in even with a tighter spiral case.

I've seen in apartments before mezzanines put in with just enough space for a bed and a cabinet and some moving space and the height could be there, but would it take the look away being a smaller area it would be hard to know to be honest.

There is still nothing stopping anyone getting it done independently if it was possible I'm sure.

Cheers

Chris