Licensed Real Estate Professional – USA
Phones: (55-11)9348-5729 - Brazil
(786)513-1655 - US
www dot lawofficeinbrazil dot com

Karl

M

maurice63

JUST GOT BACK
I took the beach road, i have never been to marbella but can confirm that the roads were ok.

The worst area i saw was when leaving the airport it looked the poorist
we all have to pass this to get to our condos where ever we have bought.

I also bought in Canoa Quabrada before my vist but prefered the location
of Banana only 20 mins to the centre.

The Beaches i visisted which i preferred were all on this side inc jerri
voted in the top 10 beaches of the world
------------------------------------------------------------------

BANANA CLUB DONT BE PUT OFF BY OTHER AGENTS WHO ARE ONLY TRYING
TO SELL THERE PRODUCTS........................

To all that have reserved in Banana club if the roads are so bad and the
better side to invest is the other side of Fortalaza, then this information will put your douts to rest. The largest resort complex in the world, yes the world
larger than Cancun so big they should call it cancun 2.. This project has been approved and $ 1 billion already sunk into the site. The site will have 27 hotels
5 star + golf marinas and much more, to much to mention. Why did they choose this side of Fortalaza? because the beaches the beauty of the area the potential
ect.. The banana club is a 20 min drive to Fortalaza on the correct side that in time will be on route to the largest resort in the world and all the tourist will have to drive past Cumbuco. If the roads are not perfect at the moment
then they will be soon.Investing in Em markets takes alot of luck and like me if you reserved in Banana club we will see a good return on our investment.

This does not mean thet the other side of Fortalaza has no potencial of course it does, if not Aquiraz group would not be doing a golf course and 8 luxury hotels,5 stars on that side.

With Time will come new roads new airport and higher prices in the future
Fortalaza has something to offer to all investers.Banana club with the new
Golf club in Cumbuco and the new resorts planned will be a hit.

There are many more new projects i can name not only this one all on the same side..take a look at the largest resort in the world google- gruponovaatlantida and see for your self what investments are coming.

Banana is a condo of 100 units in a peacefull area away from the noise
and the flocks of tourists, in a advance stage which will be perfect for selling prior to completion or for the future,as the complex is 70% sold and will be sold out before october.

Hope this info puts your mind at rest and like me you will see a good return on your investments.

Cheers Maurice

B

byadav

banana

Maurice,

That is interesting.

I have been having doubts recently about Banana, thinking more about Elegance Golf Natal instead due to new airport (direct flights from UK) and the fact that payments have bank gurantees.

This new Nova Atlantida development is surreal - I visited their website and apart from pretty pictures there was no real great detail relating to timescales of construction etc. I tried to send them an number of emails but keeps coming up as undeliverable - does make you question. On a number of other forums i also read that there is dispute over the land in question - local indians are claiming rights.

If bona fide, i agree it would have impact on the area and banana itself.

Does anyone else out there have more details on this Nova Atlantida development?

Regarding banana also, does anyone know if construction has actually commenced yet?

better side to invest is the other side of Fortalaza, then this information will put your douts to rest. The largest resort complex in the world, yes the world
larger than Cancun so big they should call it cancun 2.. This project has been approved and $ 1 billion already sunk into the site. The site will have 27 hotels
5 star + golf marinas and much more, to much to mention. Why did they choose this side of Fortalaza? because the beaches the beauty of the area the potential
ect.. The banana club is a 20 min drive to Fortalaza on the correct side that in time will be on route to the largest resort in the world and all the tourist will have to drive past Cumbuco. If the roads are not perfect at the moment
then they will be soon.Investing in Em markets takes alot of luck and like me if you reserved in Banana club we will see a good return on our investment.

This does not mean thet the other side of Fortalaza has no potencial of course it does, if not Aquiraz group would not be doing a golf course and 8 luxury hotels,5 stars on that side.

There are many more new projects i can name not only this one all on the same side..take a look at the largest resort in the world google- gruponovaatlantida and see for your self what investments are coming.

and the flocks of tourists, in a advance stage which will be perfect for selling prior to completion or for the future,as the complex is 70% sold and will be sold out before october.

Hope this info puts your mind at rest and like me you will see a good return on your investments.

Cheers Maurice

M

maurice63

Banana Club Location

Maurice,

That is interesting.

I have been having doubts recently about Banana, thinking more about Elegance Golf Natal instead due to new airport (direct flights from UK) and the fact that payments have bank gurantees.

This new Nova Atlantida development is surreal - I visited their website and apart from pretty pictures there was no real great detail relating to timescales of construction etc. I tried to send them an number of emails but keeps coming up as undeliverable - does make you question. On a number of other forums i also read that there is dispute over the land in question - local indians are claiming rights.

If bona fide, i agree it would have impact on the area and banana itself.

Does anyone else out there have more details on this Nova Atlantida development?

Regarding banana also, does anyone know if construction has actually commenced yet?
Hi,

The local indians are claiming grandfarther rights and this after the new owners sunk $ 1 Bil into the site which is 3mil hec/s .The new owners will not
launch untill this is resolved via the courts with a big pay off to the indians.

You can see from there site how beautifull the area is and is only a short drive to Banana.

With ref to Natal i also have an apartment in p. Negra and the area is really
nice, but i would not count on the airport as this is for commercial planes
only and the new airport at natal which is new/modern is more than enough
to cope with the visitors that Natal Recives.The agents use this has a selling tool. I Have checked anad Fortaleza
recives far more visitors from overseas but more inportantly from Brazil which is where the rentals will come from.Direct Flights from Miami 6hrs.

I was told that Banana club will start 01.10.2007

I am going to Brazil next week for a site visit and will check on the progress.

I will also post if i hear anything ref Nova atl

B

bhupesh

Power of Attorney - Manzanares

Hi,

I've got a reservation on the Banana Residential resort and have recently received the Power of Attorney document from my representatives, Manzanares.

I got the document last week and was a little alarmed at how wide reaching the power was, particularly in terms of purchasing/selling any property in Brazil (as opposed to the one on Banana specifically),being able to open and close bank accounts, mortgages etc. My UK based Notary was also a little surprised at how wide reaching the power was. As I understand it they can't actually excercise any of the powers without written consent from me anyway.

I've never signed a Power of Attorney before and so maybe I'm being a little too alarmed. Has anyone else appointed Manzanares and is having similar concerns? Has anyone had any changes made to the document or have you just accepted it?

regards
bwag

M

maurice63

Hi,

I've got a reservation on the Banana Residential resort and have recently received the Power of Attorney document from my representatives, Manzanares.

I got the document last week and was a little alarmed at how wide reaching the power was, particularly in terms of purchasing/selling any property in Brazil (as opposed to the one on Banana specifically),being able to open and close bank accounts, mortgages etc. My UK based Notary was also a little surprised at how wide reaching the power was. As I understand it they can't actually excercise any of the powers without written consent from me anyway.

I've never signed a Power of Attorney before and so maybe I'm being a little too alarmed. Has anyone else appointed Manzanares and is having similar concerns? Has anyone had any changes made to the document or have you just accepted it?

regards
bwag
Manzanares are good att, speak to them about your concerns they will be glad to help.

The power i have is the same this is normal.

Regards Maurice

T

theadebo

Can anyone tell me where in Cumbuco this resort is? What is it next to or close to?

I live close to Cumbuco and work in the village and I have no idea where this condo is supposed to be going in. Any info much appreciated.

Adebo
paradisevillasemelia . com

K

k1elec

Can anyone tell me where in Cumbuco this resort is? What is it next to or close to?

I live close to Cumbuco and work in the village and I have no idea where this condo is supposed to be going in. Any info much appreciated.

Adebo
paradisevillasemelia . com
Here is a picture if i have managed to upload it ok

Karl

Attachments

G

Golfingworld

Dare I ask...is this what is known as "return on investment"??????????????

Two Villas Available at May 07 Launch Prices
3 Bed Detached Properties in Brazil
Current list price: 115,000 EUR
Limited time cancellation price: 75,000 EUR

As IPIN members may recall, back in May this year we launched The Banana Residential Club to you FIRST, ahead of regular property companies who managed to catch up only after a 15% price increase! Today, we are proud to offer you a limited opportunity to once again invest at the original launch price.

Due to original investors being unable to continue with their purchase, IPIN has secured the two villas in question at their original sale price of 75,000 EUR, in comparison with their still competitive current sale value of 115,000 EUR. This potentially represents an incredible 40,000 EUR additional return from your investment.

N

nigelallen

Dare I ask...is this what is known as "return on investment"??????????????

Two Villas Available at May 07 Launch Prices
3 Bed Detached Properties in Brazil
Current list price: 115,000 EUR
Limited time cancellation price: 75,000 EUR

As IPIN members may recall, back in May this year we launched The Banana Residential Club to you FIRST, ahead of regular property companies who managed to catch up only after a 15% price increase! Today, we are proud to offer you a limited opportunity to once again invest at the original launch price.

Due to original investors being unable to continue with their purchase, IPIN has secured the two villas in question at their original sale price of 75,000 EUR, in comparison with their still competitive current sale value of 115,000 EUR. This potentially represents an incredible 40,000 EUR additional return from your investment.
Golfworld, So people bought in May off plan watched the next phase go up in value thinking that their investment has gone up 40% and the truth of the matter you can still pick them up at the original price,
this is exactly what i have been going on about, must be very disappointing for anyone buying in at the beginning being told how their investment has gone up 40% only to find out people are still paying what they paid, dear dear ,

B

beenthere

Golfworld, So people bought in May off plan watched the next phase go up in value thinking that their investment has gone up 40% and the truth of the matter you can still pick them up at the original price,
this is exactly what i have been going on about, must be very disappointing for anyone buying in at the beginning being told how their investment has gone up 40% only to find out people are still paying what they paid, dear dear ,

Just shows that the development isn't selling very well, I don't know many agents who would pass up 40k in extra commission if they could and I am sure IPIN wouldn't...

G

Golfingworld

Well BT we agree at last, thanks! But what this does say is that "off plan marketing" is about (alleged) price manipulation, rather than real market demand. It can (allegedly) be likened to "pyramid selling" where the perception is that more people will enter the chain and in the case of property, always at a higher price. But, if the chain breaks down, or the real market value drops, those who bought higher up the chain are running at a loss before the chain has fully evolved. In other words, it is cheaper to buy later than sooner, as prices are dropping, as is the case here. Why are they dropping, for exactly the reasons you have explained...thanks again!

J

JosephAndre

New to the forum

Hello all,

My name is Joseph, and I am an american, currently employed in the Middle East in support of the war efforts.

Due to my job in a hazardous environment, I am being paid pretty well, and also afforded the opportunity to travel frequently. These factors combined in addition to needing to diversify my investments have lead me to interest in international property investing. I fell in love with Brazil on my one and only visit to Rio, and have been watching from a distance for interesting investment opportunities.

A bit prematurely I reserved a unit w/ Banana residences, and was very confident in my decision untill coming across this discussion. Initially after seeing the varying responses, I wrote it off as people who were interested vs people who were not. After reading Dee Dee and Wolfgang's respective posts in the discussion regarding Natal Golf, I am now extremely apprehensive. These are obviously not negative people for the sake of it, as they were both downright pouring praise on the other project.

From my research, I am still more enticed by Fortaleza as a whole over Natal, but I am very skeptical of this particular development. I have no problem with the location being a few KM from the beach, and love the payment structure, and the design of the villas, but I am a bit put off by the disparity in reviews.

Basically, I just wanted to announce my arrival to the forum, and thank all of you for your input. Regardless the outcome of this investment, I am very excited at the concept behind investing internationally, and feel very fortunate to have stumbled across a place where I can pick the brains of likeminded individuals.

D

deedee1

:)hI JOSEPH,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM-PLEASED TO HAVE YOU!

At the end of the day we are only expressing our honest opinion based on positives and negatives about developments in brazil- so please dont take anything personally!

Also there are alot of positives about banana residential aswell ie-build quality, size, value for money, location also!

I have bought at grand natal and I know also that there are possible negatives about that aswell as it is a huge resort i.e- resale competition will be fierce, rental competition and income will be competitive etc!

So all have positives and negatives- But dont be swayed by others judgements do what you feel comfortable with? And what suits you and your needs not others?

HAPPY HUNTING
Take care-D

B

Berente

Land is the best bet

Could i ask peoples views on Banana residential. i am really thinking of reserving but as a first time buyer it is pretty daunting prospect being so far away. for all you guys that have already reserved can i ask what you expect from rentals and growth value. also does the fact the development is 2km from the beach make it any less attractive. finally will it be as good a buy as Natal which is close to the new airport. wish i had a magic ball to see how this will develop but the area looks absolutely stunning and the price aint too bad either
appreciate any thoughts
I visited this site a few months ago:-
Piece of flat land with one corner touching a lake, no construction has taken place yet.
You are well away from the beach and the houses will not have a view.
No sea breeze so possibility of mosquitos
I do not see a rental potential with the locals so you need overseas visitors.
But there is plenty of choice (a new development is going up close by, but right on the beach) plus Cumbuco is only 5 minutes away with a nice beaches.
A few questions:-
Do you have a CPF?
do you hold the title deeds?
How long is the builders guarantee?
Did you know if you invest US$50K via the Banco do Brazil you get permanent residency?
I ask these questions because I first bought land in Ceara over 18 years ago, know the language, local law and local officials.
I have just finished researching the coastline west of Fortaleza and would suggest you buy land west of Lagoinha. I have been working on the assumption of 25% growth per annum, but in the last 16 weeks I have seen 33% growth.
Why land?
Simple clean title, no ongoing costs, just count your coconuts and wait.
Easily sellable to both locals and oversea buyers.
Houses need repair, services charges, taxes, maintenance resale potential unknow.

P

PAUL-brasil

Hello all,

My name is Joseph, and I am an american, currently employed in the Middle East in support of the war efforts.

Due to my job in a hazardous environment, I am being paid pretty well, and also afforded the opportunity to travel frequently. These factors combined in addition to needing to diversify my investments have lead me to interest in international property investing. I fell in love with Brazil on my one and only visit to Rio, and have been watching from a distance for interesting investment opportunities.

A bit prematurely I reserved a unit w/ Banana residences, and was very confident in my decision untill coming across this discussion. Initially after seeing the varying responses, I wrote it off as people who were interested vs people who were not. After reading Dee Dee and Wolfgang's respective posts in the discussion regarding Natal Golf, I am now extremely apprehensive. These are obviously not negative people for the sake of it, as they were both downright pouring praise on the other project.

From my research, I am still more enticed by Fortaleza as a whole over Natal, but I am very skeptical of this particular development. I have no problem with the location being a few KM from the beach, and love the payment structure, and the design of the villas, but I am a bit put off by the disparity in reviews.

Hi,
Just to let you know that i looked at this development and the full plans a while ago and wrote some of my thoughts on it 2 weeks ago in another thread called Brazil owners introduce yourself page 4, before i relised there was already a huge thread on this subject, I had added some things which i dont think had being mentioned before on here so just want to make sure you had seen it. As for the area of Cumbuco then i think you have picked a great area as this area has had great success over the last 2/3 years with a good structure already there, the lagoon, assuming that the development is built on the correct area off, it is a great subsistute instead of a beach front as some of the villas built around it at present have amazing views.
Hope the info is of help
Regards
Paul

P

Propvantage

Brazil officially named as 2014 hosts

October 30 2007 at 06:42PM

Zurich - Brazil were officially named by Fifa president Sepp Blatter as hosts of the 2014 World Cup on Tuesday.

The five-time world champions were the only candidates in the race to host the event.

After a final presentation to Fifa executives with Brazil president Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva in attendance their bid was rubber-stamped by international football's governing body Fifa's executive committee.

Brazil have staged the World Cup once before, in 1950 when they lost the final 2-1 to Uruguay. - Sapa-AFP

F

ferriej

Noticed on propertyshowrooms website that ALLVillas are now selling for 115,000 euros. has anyone any idea how this development is coming along, has work started and are they close on selling out.

i know some people where speptical of the price increase but on paper its a substantial jump on the original 75000 euro opening price

J

JMBroad

Cheers Maurice
Not relating to Banana but to the Mega-project of Nova Atlantida, apart from the indians claiming rights, seems the group is being investigated for alleged money laundering scandals so don't expect it to go ahead any time soon.

Source: Instituto Terramar - Projeto Nova Atlântida no Ceará está na mira do Coaf

N

newkidontheblock

does anyone on the forum have any updates on Banana Residential. Almost totally sold out and work was due to begin in Febuary.