banana residential club

R

rossi2006

banana club

hi all

i have also reserved at banana residential and was wondering if anyone knows if they are close to selling out.

believe this is an excellant investment for the money
I have just returned from Cunbuco and was told that they have sold 70%
to date and work will start on fase 1 in september

I reseved in fase 1

R

rossi2006

banana club

Please take a look at www dot bananaresidencial dot com dot br

IPIN could you just please tell us then if your statement is correct and it was never the intention to have it as a going concern then why did they build a pond, volleyball pitch, put camping sign outside (you wouldn't know it was there unless you had been there),build the wooden marquee, laid the lawn, built the wooden bridge etc etc? Surely not facilities for new developenet?

I bought in Banana and also in alphaville who have sites all around Brazil
you can see on there site that they also put all the facilites in first does that
make there camp sites also.

I was pleased that i bought in a site that already has the condo approved
and up and running rather than nothing.

R

rossi2006

banana

Hi Rossi

Maybe you could expand on your post regarding your impressions of the location of the site? Also, did you meet any representatives of the developer? If so, is there anything of interest that you would like to share?

Were there many domestic and / or international tourists around in Cumbuco? Did you notice much in the way of activities on the Banana lagoon?

Any info that you feel you would be able to share would be appreciated.

Thanks.
The site was in perfect condition with about 6 staff floting around, the girl
in the admin office was verry helpfull, see told me that 70 of the lots were already taken and there will be a 15% rise when work starts in fase 1

On my visit to Banana lagoon i noticed alot of activity many kitesurfers
on the day of my visit, mainly dutch.

I asked if there was a problem with mosis and was told no this due to planting something that keeps them away.. small trees that give a sent.

Banana Lagoon extends to the baech so the problem would be the same for all
I enjoed a cool beer by the club house and was told there will be a gym and sauna added.

The area was busy at the time of my visit due to Brazilian holiays.

I will be back in october to check on the progress.

R

rossi2006

banana

Hold on, you say this is an IPIN recommended investment, but it sounds like neither you nor anyone in your company has even been to see the place!!

So who is it recommended by and why, or is it recommended just because you can get a good commission.

Sorry I forgot to mention:

Does that mean that Cumbuca has highways leading into it that you can drive 220 km/h on reasonably safely (yes I know it is illegal)? That is how fast I was driving on the tollway the last time I went to Marbella. What planet are you on? and if the developer is so obviously lying, then why are you selling their products......
JUST GOT BACK
I took the beach road, i have never been to marbella but can confirm that the roads were ok.

The worst area i saw was when leaving the airport it looked the poorist
we all have to pass this to get to our condos where ever we have bought.

I also bought in Canoa Quabrada before my vist but prefered the location
of Banana only 20 mins to the centre.

The Beaches i visisted which i preferred were all on this side inc jerri
voted in the top 10 beaches of the world

R

rossi2006

Banana

My advice to anyone purchasing here is that you MUST visit and draw your own conclusion.By the time you have added a furniture pack and legals,notay etc your bill will be running at 100k Euros.

Whilst the design of the villa itself is spacious,imaginative and highly appealing and Cumbuco beach is impressive,pay very careful heed to the infamous adage-LOCATION,LOCATION..etc.
What your agent will NOT tell you(even if they knew,as most have never set foot in Brazil)is that the site is very close to the favellas and slums of the City which are located North of Fortaleza.

The road quality is dreadful to dangerous and regretably this area will see no inward investment to improve the infrastructure or facilities,as quite simply,these poverty stricken locals carry no political clout whatsoever.
In marked contrast, to theSouth of the city they are building new dual carriageways,golf clubs,yacht clubs,luxury developments,up market furniture shops opening etc.
Why?Again politics.This is where the wealthy Brazilians (with influence) reside and all the grants and resources are being channelled here.
Despite what you may have been led to believe,Banana,is not a brownfield site.It is basically an existing unprofitable camping site that has been acquired in order to build upon.
I would also strongly suggest that you double check to ascertain exactly what facilities will be on site, as having viewed the masterplan in the main promoting office in Aldeota ,it bears little resemblance.
There are presently no plans to offer a rental scheme;the clue is in the name Banana RESIDENCIAL(residential).

Finally,the area does apparently have an on going crime problem.Nothing ultra heavy- just lots of robberies mainly.The Pousadas in this area and anything tourism/gringo related are regular targets.A Dutch guy informed me that he and his guests had been "turned over" three times in the last 14 months.

Banana Club is a classic and prime example as to why you should NEVER spend your life savings investing in something you have never seen.
Personally,i would not purchase here,but you really must check this out for youself.For the sake of a week off work and an air fare you owe it to yourself and family.

FWIW, i prefered Fortaleza to Natal.Five times the size,more modern,superior infrastructure,lots more to do etc-just be sure you are purchasing in the right area.Basically you need to be somewhere between Eusebio and Canoa Quebrada to maximise rental income and capital appreciation.
Did you go to the same place as me or did you not go at all?
people should listen to real travellers who have been to the area,
i checked the travel forums and all the visitors spoke well about Cumbuco.
You must be an agent selling other projects.

You prefer project that are behind worked stoped and no access i see this from your previous posts.

Banana has almost sold out and a price increase is due shortly 30% MORE NOW THAT WHAT I PAID...

DID YOU BUY ON POTO DOS CORAIS AND WILL YOU BUY A4X4 TO GET THERE
ACROSS OTHER PLOTS, THATS IF IT GETS GOING AGAIN.

YOU HAVE POSTED MANY TIMES ON THIS FORUM WHO DO YOU WORK FOR
PORTO DOS CORAIS...

AND WHERE DID YOU SEE THE FAVELAS? YOU ARE MAKING THIS UP..
DO YOU WORK WITH GARYTARIFA WHO ALSO SELLS PROPERTY IN BRAZIL

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
DID YOU BUY ON POTO DOS CORAIS AND WILL YOU BUY A4X4 TO GET THERE
ACROSS OTHER PLOTS, THATS IF IT GETS GOING AGAIN.
Hi Rossi,

Construction work on Porto dos Corais officially started today and there are no problems with access at all, plus this project has a bank guarantee......

Regards,
Rob.

B

beenthere

JUST GOT BACK
I took the beach road, i have never been to marbella but can confirm that the roads were ok.

The worst area i saw was when leaving the airport it looked the poorist
we all have to pass this to get to our condos where ever we have bought.

I also bought in Canoa Quabrada before my vist but prefered the location
of Banana only 20 mins to the centre.

The Beaches i visisted which i preferred were all on this side inc jerri
voted in the top 10 beaches of the world
Hi Rossi,

Don't tell me, I will get it soon, you work for the Bendy Banana House as well?

BT

R

rossi2006

porto dos corais

Hi Rossi,

Construction work on Porto dos Corais officially started today and there are no problems with access at all, plus this project has a bank guarantee......

Regards,
Rob.

Hi,

It MAY HAVE A BANK GUARANTEE THIS DOES NOT MEEN IT HAS A ACCESS
ROAD AND YOU WONT HAVE TO CROSS OTHER PLOTS TO GET TO IT.

I LIKED THE PROJECT BUT CAN NOT SEE HOW AND WHERE THE ACCESS
WILL BE.

WHERE IS THE ENTRANCE? EVEN THE PROMOTERS COULD NOT ANSWER
THAT.

R

rossi2006

Banana

Hi Rossi,

Don't tell me, I will get it soon, you work for the Bendy Banana House as well?

BT
BT,

I BOUGHT IN FASE 1.

I AM ONLY TELLING YOU WHAT I SAW.

HAVE YOU BEEN TO BRAZIL OR DO YOU ONLY DRIVE IN MARBELLA
AT 225 KMS PER HOUR.

WHAT WE ARE BUYING ARE HOUSES NOT FAST CARS I DO NOT SEE WHAT
USE YOUR INFORMATION IS TO ANYONE ON THIS FORUM.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi,

It MAY HAVE A BANK GUARANTEE THIS DOES NOT MEEN IT HAS A ACCESS
ROAD AND YOU WONT HAVE TO CROSS OTHER PLOTS TO GET TO IT.

I LIKED THE PROJECT BUT CAN NOT SEE HOW AND WHERE THE ACCESS
WILL BE.

WHERE IS THE ENTRANCE? EVEN THE PROMOTERS COULD NOT ANSWER
THAT.
Rossi,

In most countries including Brazil, if you own the land around another property you are legally obliged to provide right of way from the nearest road to that property, so whilst where the access road joins the nearest main road may not be finalised it will be in place when the development is finished.

Regards,
Rob.

D

deedee1

:)Hi all,

I AREE-This is the reason that put me off porto dos corais aswell!!!

I asked half a dozen questions on the resort access and they copuld not answer one officially or for definate it was all "this may happen, that may happen" etc!

They stipulated that there was a dirt track road that will be shared that leads to beach front villas near PDC - but there is land between the villas and PDC that is private land !

They said that in brazil the owner of the land aorund the development would have to allow access- but I doubt this to be true as in any other country you cannot just build and then other owners have to allow you access across ther private land!

The only solution to access would be for them to purchase a atrip of land from the owner in order to build the access road!

Also I was told that eventually the dirt track would maybe built into a proper road by the government-but yet again nothing was confirmed its just agents hearsay- so it may or MAYNOT ever happen!!!

iT WAS tooo many IFs ,BUTs and WHENs for my liking- so hold your breath and pray!!!
See ya -D

M

maria dasilva

corais

Rossi,

In most countries including Brazil, if you own the land around another property you are legally obliged to provide right of way from the nearest road to that property, so whilst where the access road joins the nearest main road may not be finalised it will be in place when the development is finished.

Regards,
Rob.
Rob,

Why not before would make sense for the lorrys to get there if its true what
you say that work has started and i dont dought that, would you not put the rd in first

ross

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
They said that in brazil the owner of the land aorund the development would have to allow access- but I doubt this to be true as in any other country you cannot just build and then other owners have to allow you access across ther private land!
DeeDee,

See my response above, but it is illegal to own land around someone else's land and not allow access to the nearest road for them.

Regards,
Rob.

A

angelo.1900

banana clube

BT,

I BOUGHT IN FASE 1.

I AM ONLY TELLING YOU WHAT I SAW.

HAVE YOU BEEN TO BRAZIL OR DO YOU ONLY DRIVE IN MARBELLA
AT 225 KMS PER HOUR.

WHAT WE ARE BUYING ARE HOUSES NOT FAST CARS I DO NOT SEE WHAT
USE YOUR INFORMATION IS TO ANYONE ON THIS FORUM.
Oi,

I am Brazilian and i also bought in qad 2 i bought 2 plots facing the private lagoon.I bought these in march before they were released in europa.

My lawyer also bought next to me in quad 2.

Cumbuco saw the highest rise in property prices last year so i hope to see gains once the project is complete.

I live cose to cumbuco so if anyone needs infomation please contact me.

I dont have information on the golf course but will post when i here something.

I visited the site last weekend and the new pool not been added yet, i was told this will be installed in january.

aline

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rob,

Why not before would make sense for the lorrys to get there if its true what
you say that work has started and i dont dought that, would you not put the rd in first

ross
Ross,

I am only guessing here, but from what I have seen on other developments they would rather not have huge trucks and JCBs chewing up a newly laid access road, so this will happen at a later stage.
Also I don't think Manzanaros the lawyers would have told us that they have completed due diligence on the project and that they are happy with it if there was a problem with access.

Regards,
Rob.

A

angelo.1900

banana

I have just returned from Cumbuco and to not agree with your post
Did you really vist as i was told that i was the only other person to visit to date from the uk. and the other was not you his name was oliver.

The Roads are fine and new leading to the development this you can see
from the fotos.

You visited Porto dos Corais i see from this Forum you prefer the situation there work stopped broken down digger and no road access is this because you sell and recive commisions from them.

Rossi

i agree with you the roads are ok, i live in the area and can confirm the road outside Banana are new and safe.

Lagoa do banana is well known in this area and the houses on the lake are
beautifull Fortalaza is a great city recives more visitors than bahia, natal and recife put together not only from europe but from all over Brasil.

I belive that rental income will be far higher in this area than others in the north east. All the new routes from the states will go to Fortalaza.

A

angelo.1900

banana

Hi Lisa

Fortaleza is Brazil's big holiday city. Brazilieros from the major conurbations of Rio, Sao Paulo and Curitiba flock there for its great nightlife, relaxed lifestyle and perfect climate. In the same way, Cumbuco is one of the most popular areas for the inhabitants of Fortaleza to build their holiday homes. Just look at the quality of homes at the Lagoa Banana and in and around Cumbuco.

Cumbuco is one of the best possible places to buy at the moment. It is quiet and peaceful, but Fortaleza is easy to get to for the high life and international airport. Development seems to me to be better regulated than than in and around Natal, with much more sympathy for the local environment and the area remains beautiful. Fortaleza is also a much more interesting city.

As Rob said in his post, the area has been popular for some time with Scandinavians and continental Europeans, and is now seeing an influx of British visitors. Its popularity is increasing fast and the potential for good rental returns is increasing.

The properties most in demand will be beachfront, although as you point out there is a premium to pay. They are not so easy to find now, but my company has some for sale off plan. Please contact me if you are interested.

Kind regards, Dick
I agree with this post there are many quality home on the lagoa
and in cumbuco.

I am thinking of opening a rental agency in the area plaese contact me for info.

I have bought in Banana

W

wolfgang

Nice one Rossi-very convincing!
Regretably, your blatantly transparent endeavours to undermine my posting does little to enhance either your own credibility or the area surrounding the site.I simply preferred Porto-end of story.Where exactly would you and your mate Angelo like me to post my photos?

W

wolfgang

Banana Residential.

Couple of points i would like to clarify for those hanging on in there with the infamous Banana Bunch.
I saw no mosquitoes during my visit and would have no concerns in this respect.As any seasoned traveller will endorse,they do not venture out over water anyway.
For every one person i saw swimming in the sea,there were 10 in the various lagoons in the N.E area.
The de facto perception of desirability is beachfront.Undoubtedly a mecca for wind and kite surfers the implication is somewhat different for the casual vacationer with a perchant for outdoor living.The N.E. of Brazil is the single most suitable geographical location in the world(apparently)for the siting of wind farms.The wind is bracing,strong and constant.So whilst the windmills are perfectly happy,you may not necessarily be whilst attempting to dine alfresco on your rooftop terrace!
AndyK the agent ,does incidentally make a number of valid points in this regard.
Additionally,as a family man,i would be a great deal more comfortable supervising my children splashing around in a freshwater lagoon within 10 metres of me than allowing them to play in the sea which is normally a very long way out from the shore.
Whilst in the context of agencies,most people have an impractical level of expectation regarding their ability to disseminate detailed and accurate information.Clearly,the hope that being provided with sufficient information in order to arrive at an objective buying decision by a party with a vested interest is merely a pipedream for the uninitiated.With multiple developments in a host of locations on a worldwide basis,ultimately the responsibility of due dilligence lies firmly in the hands of the buyer,not the agent.
The agents main contribution is primarily in ,though not confined to,alerting you to opportunities in the first instance.That is their chief asset and they have the coverage and industry contacts to effectively do so.

Personally,i will have no reservations whatsoever continuing to use Property Showrooms.To illustrate my point,i was not even considering Brazil as a potential investment location until i made contact, and as a direct result of some initial guidance and my own research i am now investing in what is probably one of the most exciting investment markets worldwide.I would still regard them as superior to many of the others.Nobody can be expected to get it right on every occasion and it is not generally known that many potential investment disasters never see the light of day as a result of their product filtering procedures.

Regarding me being an agent-well ,i am starting to warm to the idea!
Having spent three weeks on the ground is at least a reasonable starting point i guess ,and probably better than most.So with my new agent hat on,there was really only one stand out off plan opportunity which i viewed. I have paid a deposit there and contrary to the contention that i am an agent for Porto in the Natal area,it was actually in Fortaleza!
The development is not even being marketed outside Brazil just yet ,so if the developer ever decides to do so ,i will be sure let everyone know and earn my commission!

In conclusion,peace please people.Lets look at the bigger picture.Irrespective of whether or not you are investing in Banana Residetial,Port Dos Corais or anywhere else in Brazil for that matter, i firmly believe that we have all made a better judgement than those investing in other locations.
The likes of Morocco and Bulgaria etc will NEVER become economic powerhouses so basically we are all very much on the same side here.For a host of good reasons,we have all identified Brazil as THE place to be ,so let's just leave things at that.
WOLFGANG.
Itinerant entreprenuer (and now) philosopher.:)

Last edited:
R

Rachel

Developer

:rolleyes:Can anyone tell me who the developer is for the Banana Residential resort? Am very interested in going out to have a look, but from previous bad experiences in other places, I always try to find out who they are so that I can check out their other developments. Any info much appreciated.:rolleyes: