banana residential club

W

wolfgang

Sure.Not sure it will mean much to you though.Its Jose Edoirardo Silveira Santos.

R

Rachel

ummm guess this is the person and not the company? just a quick flick on google does not give any ansa anyway!

L

LisaUK

Hi Rachel

I have uncovered some details about the developer in my research. Have a look at brazilianrealestate dot blogspot dot com.

L

LisaUK

Research

Rachel

Just a note about checking out companies. In the UK it is common for property developers to set up a separate limited company for each development in order to ring-fence assets. Very often, no information comes up when you try to check the company because it has only recently been incorporated. In the UK it is fairly easy to trace an individual's limited companies but I didn't find this easy to do in Brazil.

Property Showrooms have a list of other developments that this gentleman has ben involved with, however, it is not clear in what capacity he was involved. He may have been an employee of the companies that undertook the devlopments or he may have just been contracted to each project. This is a bit different to actually having a tangible track record of running a successful property development business.

Last edited:
R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rachel

Just a note about checking out companies. In the UK it is common for property developers to set up a separate limited company for each development in order to ring-fence assets. Very often, no information comes up when you try to check the company because it has only recently been incorporated. In the UK it is fairly easy to trace an individual's limited companies but I didn't find this easy to do in Brazil.

Property Showrooms have a list of other developments that this gentleman has ben involved with, however, it is not clear in what capacity he was involved. He may have been an employee of the companies that undertook the devlopments or he may have just been contracted to each project. This is a bit different to actually having a tangible track record of running a successful property development business.
Hi Rachel,

This is why it is always advisable to get a good independent lawyer acting on your behalf, as most lawyers know the majority of the developers in the area and know a lot more than most people about what is going on in the industry.

Regards,
Rob.

Last edited:
R

Rachel

Thanks for that and understood - its different for every country I guess - other countries such as Turkey are much more transparent and you can in general find out about the developer without having to hunt around too much,which makes me feel more confident I guess.

W

WGTH

Hello All,

I am a newcomer to this forum and have read all of your input with great interest. I have a reservation deposit down on a plot at the Banana Club also and have been quite gripped by the heated debate.

Is there a current truce?!
Do investors feel confident now, or generally nervous?
Are we all doing this with a view to potential gain when the market booms, or a long term wait while the market becomes established?

It would be great to get your up to date thoughts....

B

beenthere

BT,

I BOUGHT IN FASE 1.

I AM ONLY TELLING YOU WHAT I SAW.

HAVE YOU BEEN TO BRAZIL OR DO YOU ONLY DRIVE IN MARBELLA
AT 225 KMS PER HOUR.

WHAT WE ARE BUYING ARE HOUSES NOT FAST CARS I DO NOT SEE WHAT
USE YOUR INFORMATION IS TO ANYONE ON THIS FORUM.
Hey Rossi,

I have been to Brazil a number of times. My argument was not about the quality of Banana House, but more about IPIN and that they recommend a development because it pays high commission, and not because they have been there and know the area.
Also they are an agent, but try and come across as an investor network.

As for Banana House, I wouldn't buy there because of it's location, but that is my decision.

BT

D

deedee1

Hey Rossi,

I have been to Brazil a number of times. My argument was not about the quality of Banana House, but more about IPIN and that they recommend a development because it pays high commission, and not because they have been there and know the area.
Also they are an agent, but try and come across as an investor network.

As for Banana House, I wouldn't buy there because of it's location, but that is my decision.

BT

Hi BT,

HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS ONE!!!

See ya D

B

byadav

banana

Hi Mike B (& others) - new member on this forum site.

I have just reserved reserved PLOT 11 QUADRANT 2 PHASE 3 on Banana. Like you, very nervous. I have never been to Brazil & have conducted my research entirely from the net. You mention you are visiting the area in August - would very much appreciate your thoughts/photos etc.

Like you, we are buying for holiday home & investment (long term). The area appears quite well set up for kite surfers and the planned golf course should increase potential.

My agents are property showrooms - yours? they recommended their own lawyers (Mananzares based in Spain but with a local Brazil office). Do not know how wise this is - would an indepanent lawyer have been better.

Though still a risk, the payment terms not bad ie not having to pay 100% upfront.

Hi everyone :)

We are just about to put our holding deposit down on a villa on the banana club. We have to say that we are as nervous as hell about this - mainly down to the fact that it will take our life savings down to nothing!!
So could anybody please, please reassure us that this is a good idea and any extra information about the resort and local area would be very much appreciated.
We have holidayed a couple of times in Brasil (Salvador and Natal) and loved our time there. We are planning on going out to Cumbuco in mid August to have a good look round and will be happy to pass on info send phots of our time there. I also speak passable portuguese - as I worked in Lisbon for a couple of years a few years back. So when we visit I can get the views of locals and chat to builders etc.
We are planning on having the property as an investment/holiday home and we havent ruled out the possibilty of re-locating there in 3 years or so.
Look forward to hearing from any others interested or anyone already taken the plunge and invested.
Many thanks

M

marsdei

I have never been to Brazil & have conducted my research entirely from the net.
Hello byadav

Welcome to the forum! I am too new to all of this so understand your trepidation, and I have been enthused by my welcoming here :D

I was in the position like yourself of reserving a plot in a foreign country, without having been there. Thinking 'oh its just cost time and effort to go and visit, I am sure it will be ok'.

But I can only stress now, after my small but indepth learning curve that its impertive you visit a location yourself or at least have information from an independent 3rd party about the location and development before you sign. I have been to a development in another country I am investing in and was pleased with my choice and I am also going to go to Brazil when I find an my ideal development.

I am not sure of the date when the contracts for this development are to be signed / or if they have been, but surely there is no point signing the contract AND THEN going to see the location, for obvious reasons.

This comment would be for any development and not just Banana. Dont mean to cause you any further anxiety!

B

byadav

banana

did you buy in the end? i have also reserved a plot

Could i ask peoples views on Banana residential. i am really thinking of reserving but as a first time buyer it is pretty daunting prospect being so far away. for all you guys that have already reserved can i ask what you expect from rentals and growth value. also does the fact the development is 2km from the beach make it any less attractive. finally will it be as good a buy as Natal which is close to the new airport. wish i had a magic ball to see how this will develop but the area looks absolutely stunning and the price aint too bad either
appreciate any thoughts

B

byadav

banana

Unfortuntely, i do not have the time to visit such places i want to invest in (appreciate risk). All i can do is web search & rely on sites/forums such as these.

I have previously used this method for cape verde & malaysia so fingers crossed!!!

Hello byadav

Welcome to the forum! I am too new to all of this so understand your trepidation, and I have been enthused by my welcoming here :D

I was in the position like yourself of reserving a plot in a foreign country, without having been there. Thinking 'oh its just cost time and effort to go and visit, I am sure it will be ok'.

But I can only stress now, after my small but indepth learning curve that its impertive you visit a location yourself or at least have information from an independent 3rd party about the location and development before you sign. I have been to a development in another country I am investing in and was pleased with my choice and I am also going to go to Brazil when I find an my ideal development.

I am not sure of the date when the contracts for this development are to be signed / or if they have been, but surely there is no point signing the contract AND THEN going to see the location, for obvious reasons.

This comment would be for any development and not just Banana. Dont mean to cause you any further anxiety!

W

WGTH

Hi Byadev and others,

I have recently joined this forum also and have paid a holding deposit at the Banana Club also.
I have read with interest the debate around this particular development.
My current thought is that NE Brazil is a good location for investment, with all the money pouring in to boost infrastructure and tourism.

Banana club offers good value for money, providing the location is sound.
This is obviously where we are at a disadvantage, not having been out there. Feedback from those who have is so far mixed.

Anyone have current thoughts on viability of location?

B

byadav

banana

Dear WGTH,

Nice to hear from another potential investor. Gives me some re-assurance that i'm not the only one. Who is your agent? Mine is Property Showrooms. So far they seem ok (though this doesn't really count for much).

I totally agree - NE Brazil does appear to be good area for investment and the price offered for a 3 bed villa is in my opinion excellent value for money (even compared to other nearby developments). The area i understand is already a destination for many europeans & brazilians & kitesurfers so i am not worried about rental potential. Though i do not have any details of the new golf course being built, i reckon this will be hugely beneficial also. There is also Latin America's largest water park not too far away also.

My current concerns mainly revolve arount the developer who by all accounts is a sole practitioner. There are also no bank guarantees being offered for payments which leaves us as the investors in a rather vunerable position. That said, the payment terms being offered are not onerous - 30% upfront, 1000 euros every month in the final 12 months & balance upon completion (via mortgage if required).

Who are your lawyers? Mine are Manarazes (recommended thru the agents). Have you received a draft contract yet? I have (but yet to review).

Ditto request from other potentail purchasers - would appreciate any feedback/thoughts, etc.

Thanks

Hi Byadev and others,

I have recently joined this forum also and have paid a holding deposit at the Banana Club also.
I have read with interest the debate around this particular development.
My current thought is that NE Brazil is a good location for investment, with all the money pouring in to boost infrastructure and tourism.

Banana club offers good value for money, providing the location is sound.
This is obviously where we are at a disadvantage, not having been out there. Feedback from those who have is so far mixed.

Anyone have current thoughts on viability of location?

D

deedee1

Re: Independant Lawyers!!

:)Good morning all,

When you purchase property especially in a foreign country you should always try to use an INDEPENDANT LEGAL ADVISER/SOLICITOR!!!

As normally agents and solicitors are connected to each other in one way or anothere and normally get paid nominal fees for recommendations!

This also means that the solicitor will be working on behalf of both you the agent and developer- so BE CAREFUL!!:eek:

As you may encounter problems later on, or you have not been told the truth or been made aware of any issues within contracts etc as they have kept this information from you and have hoped you will not find out!!!

Only thought Id mention it as I dont want to see any fellow brazilian neighbours get burnt here!!

Take care, good luck- happy hunting!!!

See ya D :)

W

WGTH

Independant Lawyers

Hi DeeDee,

That is sound advice on the lawyer front. Can you recommend an independant firm who deal with Brazil property?

I would appreciate your input!

THanks,

WGTH

W

WGTH

Good morning Byadev,

Yes the agents are Property Showroms.

As I said, I am happy with North Brazil, just feeling a bit uncertain about the exact location of Banana, not having been there in person. This is something I feel the need to rectify!

With regards an independant lawyer, this is something I would insist on in the Uk. Being a complate novice in Brazil I have rather overlooked the potential conflict of interests using an in house lawyer. Again, looking into the options.

Anybody out there seen the resort and happy with the location??

Thanks,

WGTH

O

olicombet

i recommend jose cordeiro santiago
loyal, reliable and nice gentleman