Flights

C

chandra

Just home - 3.5 hours delay with EasyJet (staff shortage!).. trust it to be the time I was really early at Hughada Airport - 6 hours of that great airport and friendly staff. EasyJet (bless 'em) provided a 4.5€ voucher for refreshments - but to the rip-off artists running the cafe that equated to 2 small bottles of water and no food.
And off course there was the announcement (made at least 12 times) that "there is no food on board EasyJet you must buy food at the restaurant to take on board" -

Oh Oh!! A barefaced lie to have the unsuspecting take out a mortgage on a slice of pizza or sandwich!!

Left Hurghada at 9pm not 5:35pm (Monday) arrived Gatwick 12:30am Tuesday.

Rod :eek:
Hi Rod sorry to hear about the delays you had. I came back on last Friday. Fortunately no delays. And yes buying anything at the airport was a clear rip off. I paid 9 UK £ for a cup of coffee and a box of Egyptian sweets. When I opened the box to my surprise there were 4 small pieces of some sticky, tasteless sweets coated in white powdery stuff.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi we had something like a 27 hour delay with Easyjet but didnt mind as got transferred to 5 star hotel with 2 rooms that was fab. Upon check in again the next day we were also told no food or drink would be available on the flight due to the cancelled flight the day before - we knew it was total bull but many unsuspecting holiday makers were spending a fortune at the airport - we did get a breakfast box on leaving hotel in the early hours but no juice or water supplied so many made a dash to get beverages at rip off prices in the cafeteria area of the airport. Easyjet had loads of drink and food on board. Arrived Sharm 3pm on a Sunday and left Sharm after 8am next day! Should have arrived back to UK Sunay night ready for work on Monday but didnt arrive until Monday afternoon so hd to take another days annual leave which was carried forward to this year. Hubby S/E and didnt get paid!

M

Margie

Hi All
Just returned last week from Hurghada with Thomas cook, I don't think we will be using them again, the seats are very close together and when the person in front put their seat back I felt very closed in a little space :eek:, a lot of people were commenting about the room or lack of it.
Just booked to return in May so I am trying easy jet have been told that the leg room is quite good.

J

johnwayne

Banned
I must admit easyjet was more than I expected. no problems on check in and the leg room was perfect.

N

neilsja

Hi

Does the speedy boarding work in Hurghada? I have visions of a free for all???

W

wayne_harris

Hi

Does the speedy boarding work in Hurghada? I have visions of a free for all???
Hi
Yes it does work in Hurghada, they are very good about it. They always let the speedy boarders go first, then the assisted, then the A's and finally the rest. It works well both ways. Hope this helps you.

Dawn

S

Steveand Christine

Just had an e-mail from Easyjet re: our flights to Hurghada in the summer. Due to alterations to landing and take-off slots our return flight from Hurghada to Gatwick will now leave 5 minutes later than scheduled, no change to the outbound flight.

Steve & Christine

W

wayne_harris

Just had an e-mail from Easyjet re: our flights to Hurghada in the summer. Due to alterations to landing and take-off slots our return flight from Hurghada to Gatwick will now leave 5 minutes later than scheduled, no change to the outbound flight.

Steve & Christine
Hi, you must be on the same flight back as my daughter, I just checked and it is only 5 mins and Hubby will be on the one coming in. We thought at first there was a lot of time difference!!! Not bad at all.

Dawn

T

thompsonsom

Hi, you must be on the same flight back as my daughter, I just checked and it is only 5 mins and Hubby will be on the one coming in. We thought at first there was a lot of time difference!!! Not bad at all.

Dawn
hi

wouldnt have minded for once a couple of hours later so i could spend more time in my lovely new apartment

janice

W

wayne_harris

hi

wouldnt have minded for once a couple of hours later so i could spend more time in my lovely new apartment

janice
Hi
I agree, we never mind when we get delayed whilst abroad!! We can't wait until we go out in July and wished I had booked the whole six weeks!! Never mind next time.

Dawn

A

Anna78

Return Flight to London Gatwick

I've got a return flight booked from Hurghada to London Gatwick that I no longer need if anyone is interested.

Leaves Hrg 27 April- Returns 18 May

Costs 380GBP to book today, will accept 150GBP. Buyer to pay for name change.

PM me if you are interested.

Thanks

S

Steveand Christine

Just been on Easyjet website. Calendar now goes to February 2010, Hurghada winter timetable now shown, no dates but times shown appear to be same as last winter. Can't book past October 2009 yet, probably soon.

Steve

J

johnwayne

Banned
thanks steve - have been glued to site for the winter flights to hurghada. Winter ones last year came out the beginning of July and the summer ones the beginning of July. Fingers crossed everyone. and thanks again for the info steve.

T

thompsonsom

flight for sale

Hi

I have a flight from Gatwick to Hurghada with Easyjet 12/6/09 to 26/6/09 includes easy boarding and 20kg luggage. Present cost is £312 + will accept £200 and buyer to pay name change of £20

Anyone interested please pm me

Janice

Z

zoeshutler

cheap flights

Easy jet are thankfully flying to Hurghada on a Monday and a Friday and if you book when they release the flight it is way under £200. The October flights apparently are being released in July.

S

Steveand Christine

Just got e-mail from Flyglobespan. They are launching their winter flights to Hurghada from Glasgow on Tuesday 14th April.

Steve & Christine

queenie40something

queenie40something

EASYJET WARNING

If you are going to do a name change the charge is £22.50 per flight PLUS the difference in the price you originally paid for your ticket to todays price!

I done a name change yesterday and it cost nearly £150 extra! So my friend that originally paid for the ticket ended up selling it - she paid £160 in Jan - and made a tenner!

T

thompsonsom

Thanks for pointing that out, didn't realise: but when put changes through realised what the extra costs would be.

janice

queenie40something

queenie40something

I checked for the name price change but didnt note that they also charged for the difference in the fare. I emailed them and said that nearly £150 to do a name change was excessive to say the least and their response was that they justify it - so that customers do not block buy loads of flights at the earlier lower price and then try to make money by selling the tickets months ahead for a profit which is understandable but for genuine ones they loose out and they just said contact your Insurance Company as they could give refund. No good if you had to sell as your circumstances changed and could no longer afford to go and wasnt due to ill health etc.

O

Odd-bod

For anyone flying to Sharm from Scotland Flyglobespan are now flying from Glasgow to sharm in the winter 2009/10, previously they only flew to Sharm from Edinburgh.
Not as good flight times as Thomsons but £100 cheaper! At @ £187 for cheapest return flights.