Living in Egypt

How much does it cost for two to live well in Egypt?

• 300€ or less per month

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • 400€ per month

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • 500€ per month

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • 600€ or more per month

Votes: 20 35.7%

• Total voters
queenie40something

queenie40something

Burger King

The new BurgerKing at Il Mercato in Hadaba Sharm now delivers - free for a limited period.

The prices are so cheap compared to UK - the dearest meal is 32LE and kids one is only 17LE.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
The new BurgerKing at Il Mercato in Hadaba Sharm now delivers - free for a limited period.

The prices are so cheap compared to UK - the dearest meal is 32LE and kids one is only 17LE.
Burger Kingis opening soon in hurghada front of Sea Gull Hotel

J

Jonah

Banned
yes its next door to the Costa Coffee...still prefer koshari to a burger though...lol

L

lyndsay552

Anybody any new information on living in Egypt,I'm sure there's a lot more info that has probably been by-passed which would be helpful to the forum.
Any more news on Carrefour?..
Carrefour is going to be built beside Oasis Resort, on the road to el gouna.

Lyndsay

queenie40something

queenie40something

Sharmer discount card

Hi all instead of starting a new thread I thought I would post here.

You can get a Sharmer discount card for 200le. This gives loads of discounts at various bars, restaurants and shops as well as 50% off adult entry into Cleopark with free child, discounts from some dive clubs etc.

PM me if you want the details.

Regards

P

philthecar

can you get a discount card in hurghada ? or is do you qualify for the discounted egyptian prices when you register your property when obtaining the keys

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Some Developments are planning their own discount cards for owners; not sure about Iraida - anyone else know?

queenie40something

queenie40something

At Sierra Sharm we are supposed to get 20% discounts on the hotel facilities such as health club, the bars and restaurant.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Phil,
When you are out in hurghada, get to know the people and you will surely get a discount on things, I know the egyptians get discount on everything but they live on alot less money than we do so don't expect to get the same discount as they do.
Just like going to Blackpool here their is a price for the locals and a price for the tourists.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Although I was born in the UK all of my family are Egyptian but most of them left in the 60's and are now living in the USA or the UK. Interestingly enough, although they have passports for their country of residence, they have all kept Egyptian passports as it makes a big difference to the cost of things when they go back. I think I need to get my application in!

L

Lsab

Although I was born in the UK all of my family are Egyptian but most of them left in the 60's and are now living in the USA or the UK. Interestingly enough, although they have passports for their country of residence, they have all kept Egyptian passports as it makes a big difference to the cost of things when they go back. I think I need to get my application in!
When we go to Cairo I have to button my lip wherever we go! My husband is Egyptian and gets the local price for taxis etc - there was a huge difference in price when we went to the 'mummies' exhibition in Cairo museum for instance. If they hear me talk, we have to pay tourist prices! Well that's what my husband tells me - he probably just enjoys a bit of peace and quiet!!:D

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

When on a Nile cruise last year there was an Egyptian Doctor in our group who took great pleasure in producing his Egyptian passport and speaking to all of the tourist police in arabic. In the Valley of the Kings he nearly got arrested as they were clearly confused that a so called Egyptian was travelling with a bunch of British tourists and trying to get local prices!

L

Lsab

Do you speak Arabic Peter? Does anyone on this forum - apart from Realestate and other Egyptians of course? Does anyone intend to learn? I'm ashamed to admit that after 18+ years of marriage I barely speak a word of it, neither does our 14 year old son.:(

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Isab - we did start a thread with a little of the lingo. I have a little phrase book that hubby bought me that gets me by.
It is such a hard language to learn - they say English is hard!!

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Isab,

I am learning arabic but from a CD and it is hard to get the pronouciation right, but I supose the longer you are over there the better it will become.