Living in Egypt

How much does it cost for two to live well in Egypt?

• 300€ or less per month

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • 400€ per month

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • 500€ per month

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • 600€ or more per month

Votes: 20 35.7%

• Total voters
J

jeremy bright

I finally found a deal that will keep her ladyship happy. The Marriott does a deal where two people get three months' access to the Health Club and beach for LE2000.

Not that I will get much use of it the way that things are going.

But it's just a couple of hundred metres from Bulls so I can stay working while she lazes around all day.
so she went there with you in the end you are not on you own

wemyss1960

wemyss1960

who working?

Come on,who's in 'Bulls' pretending to work?

name and company please.

cheers

Stuart :p

Roger

Roger

No Roger but not to far away Roscrea Tipperary.:)
Ah, nice area. I'm down in Ballycotton (working in Bray),so I guess we won't be calling in for cups of tea. At least we've given you an easy ride in the Hurling & Football this year!!!! (so far);)

Anyway... veering off topic at a high rate of knots here...

Roger

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
I wish! I bet their chicken & chips sales drop this week now I am back in Spain!!

P

propertastic

so she went there with you in the end you are not on you own

Not yet. She's due out here a month today.

Just hope that I last that long as there's no one around at the moment to stop me from getting through three packets of cigarettes, half a dozen bottles of Meister Max 8% and junk food for lunch and dinner every night.

I need a good nagging.

P

propertastic

Come on,who's in 'Bulls' pretending to work?

name and company please.

cheers

Stuart :p
I'm done with Bulls. They only have three CD's on their stereo. They played the theme song to Simon Bates' 'Our Tune' just one time too many and I just packed up my laptop and left them for good.

I'm not telling you where I'm working from now as I need all of the bandwidth I can get without sharing it with every other agent in town! :p

P

propertastic

Just thought that I would share with you my new method of dealing with thieving ripoff taxi drivers.

I just get in the front seat of the cab and switch on the meter myself.

Press Vacant and then S

If you don't hear from me again, it'll probably be because one of them took exception to this method and stabbed me to death.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Way to go Nick! You sort em out....doesn't help when me old mucker Stuart Wemyss shares a taxi, I negotiate a flat 10LE and Stuart feels sorry for the driver and gives him 30 LE!!!
Give us a break Stu! We live here and have to preserve the pennies!

N

nuttybird

The fuel is silly cheap but cars are silly expensive,anybody know what the duty and taxes would be for anybody taking a used car to Egypt?.
Hi awahee
I know this is an old thread(i always was a bit slow!!!!) but ive got the costs of taking a car from the uk to Egypt.Would you still like it? Very expensive though.
Karen

N

nuttybird

Ah Jayne your an angel great excuse to go to the pub while you girls get your nails done I will let Geraldine know.:D
You should read the thread "nails for the lady"s" we"re doing a bit more than just nails now..................! no need to slope off to the pub,we"re looking for male guinea pigs!!!!!!!!

A

awahee123

Banned
Please

Hi awahee
I know this is an old thread(i always was a bit slow!!!!) but ive got the costs of taking a car from the uk to Egypt.Would you still like it? Very expensive though.
Karen

Yes please nuttybird that would be very helpful.
Do you have the duties etc payable to get the car into the country too,that would also be helpful and thankyou.

N

nuttybird

Yes please nuttybird that would be very helpful.
Do you have the duties etc payable to get the car into the country too,that would also be helpful and thankyou.
No problem.

VEHICLES-AS PER CC DUTY & TAX INCL.

1) LESS THAN 1000CC 61%

2) fm 1000 TO 1599CC 67%

3) fm 1600 TO 1999CC 200%

4) fm 2000CC AND OVER 250%

NOT EVEN WORTH CONTENPLATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

awahee123

Banned
Wow that's ridiculous LOL,my car will be staying in the uk.
I suppose they want everyone to buy in Egypt,which is fair enough.

A

awahee123

Banned
Lol I might well end up on one of those with the basket on the front selling my wares,
Good idea.

N

nuttybird

you"d need eyes in the back of your head!! or carry a blue flashing light and a siron!!!

A

awahee123

Banned
Anybody any new information on living in Egypt,I'm sure there's a lot more info that has probably been by-passed which would be helpful to the forum.
Any more news on Carrefour?..

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

When I was in Hurghada recently I understand the big new supermarket which has been talked about will be run by Senso, not Carrefour.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

It was great to see a Costa Coffee Shop in downtown Sakkala! Slight difference in price - double espresso and a piece of 'English' chocolate marble cake just 17LE. (1.70 sterling)

A

awahee123

Banned
I saw that as well Peter I had to look twice to make sure it was the real thing LOL.
I noticed a few of my Egyptian restaurants I normally visit have added 25% to menu charges quoting service charge and tax.
I don't know if the tax thing is something new I hadn't noticed it before.
Can you imagine trying to charge the locals the tax and service charge.