Flights

Timecatcher

Timecatcher

Hi All,

Just tried to book a flight on EasyJet to come out and look at a property 28th April, "This route is for sale until 25th April" So it looks like they have stopped it already?

They must be mad just before summer season starts!!

Bad news for me as they have done the same in Morocco where I purchased at Tangier. This route which they have taken over from GB Airways also, hope this is not a trend for Easyjet as it will impact on any desicion I make in buying in Egypt.

Chris

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Hi Chris welcome to the forum; the Egypt market is in its infancy and there are many opportunities to make money with capital appreciation up to 10% per quarter and very good propects for rental returns up to 15% or more. Egypt may not suit Easy Jet's trading style but it will only be a matter of time before many more budget operators enter the market. Egypt is now Number 3 in the world for Investors after Dubai & Brazil, having been in 32nd place just 3 months ago!

Timecatcher

Timecatcher

Thanks for that Peter,

Sounds like Morocco was 2 years ago, but that has come on leaps and bounds with the developments finishing on the Kings Plan Azur, I have decided to jump another month forward and plan for 24th-25th May fly out.

I hope I can find some cheaper flights than I have found at the moment though because these could ruin my rental options if they're all this high. Any airlines you recommend I try for best price?

Chris

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Timecatcher - I got return flights to Sharm from Gatwick for £100 each return in Oct for 2 weeks. There are cheap flights out there but you have to be in the right place at the right time and be lucky!!

L

lewisphillips

were are the best places to get cheepest flights to egypt? am thinking of going there for 2 nights before purchasing (blind) , have been advised to do so. I am based in cardiff

also accomodation how much would 2 nights in hurgada be

all with about a weeks notice

thanks

S

shogun294

Hi Lewis

Based not too far from you in Caerphilly.... I have just returned from a short visit and flew from Manchester on a Tuesday returned on the Friday, Most travel operator flights are for 7 days but I couldn't spare the time off work. I also think you can go out on the Friday and return on the Tuesday.

Booked flight with Travel Republic which cost around £300, also booked Marriot hotel via them which was an ideal base and cost around £55.00 per night B&B. There are cheaper hotels on the site but for my first visit I thought to play it safe.

Trip was well worth it and answered a lot of doubts that I had about the area and developements, can't wait to return.

Good luck.

K

kazzer

Hi Lewis

If you can manage 7 nights next time try flythomascook the flights were coming out at 298...each from Manchester in july, that's not bad for peak..not sure of the prices from Cardiff..might be worth a look though

kazzer

L

Lsab

were are the best places to get cheepest flights to egypt? am thinking of going there for 2 nights before purchasing (blind) , have been advised to do so. I am based in cardiff

also accomodation how much would 2 nights in hurgada be

all with about a weeks notice

thanks
Can you fly from Cardiff to Egypt?

S

shogun294

Can only fly from Cardiff to Sharm (which I am doing in 3 weeks for a holiday)
looks like Hurghada doesn't want a welsh invasion just yet. But we will find a way..;)

Flights stating from Bristol in November and available for booking now so it is gonna get easier for me.

S

shogun294

Also booked a flight from Sharm to Hurghada for me and SWMBO to take a look at the new purchase. Only £76.00 for bothg of us return - bargain.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Also booked a flight from Sharm to Hurghada for me and SWMBO to take a look at the new purchase. Only £76.00 for bothg of us return - bargain.
Hi Shogun - was that with Egyptair??

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Queenie

yes thanks to your advice in past threads - thats the beauty of this forum:)
Im glad that through this forum you managed to get a bargain! Without forums like this we wouldnt know and end up paying a fortune!

L

lewisphillips

Hi Lewis

Based not too far from you in Caerphilly.... I have just returned from a short visit and flew from Manchester on a Tuesday returned on the Friday, Most travel operator flights are for 7 days but I couldn't spare the time off work. I also think you can go out on the Friday and return on the Tuesday.

Booked flight with Travel Republic which cost around £300, also booked Marriot hotel via them which was an ideal base and cost around £55.00 per night B&B. There are cheaper hotels on the site but for my first visit I thought to play it safe.

Trip was well worth it and answered a lot of doubts that I had about the area and developements, can't wait to return.

Good luck.

I live in caerphilly also (crazy samall world)

L

Lsab

If you fly from Cardiff during the summer months, give us a wave on take-off - we live in Rhoose!

S

shogun294

Maybe we should start a welsh section on the forum??

:D

Any more Taffs out there?

Timecatcher

Timecatcher

Just to follow up from my previous post I Finally got an answer back from Easyjet (re cancellation of Hurghada flights from the end of April 2008). Question and answer below.

Q.
You have stopped flights to Hurghada from April 2008, do you plan to reinstate later as we are buying a property there and were hoping to travel via Easyjet over the coming years. I'm really disappointed if you are not.

A.
Dear Mr ??,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Easyjet flight booking.

Generally speaking, new schedules are released two to three months before the end of the existing schedule. The exact date is dependent on confirmation of flight slots from the relevant air traffic control authorities.

The next winter schedule which runs from October to March is due to be released in approximately June.

I am sorry we are unable to give you a more precise date, but I would suggest that you register for email updates on the Easyjet web site. As well as advising of forthcoming promotions, this will also give advance notice of the schedule release dates. Thank you for taking the time to contact us Mr ??. If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again via the contact us section of the Easyjet web site.

Yours sincerely

Lukasz Drzycimski
Customer Services Representative

So reading between the lines even if they do continue the route in June there will be no flights from them until October 2008, disappointed to say the least it's just cost me £500 x 2 to get out here 24th May because school holidays have started. Shame because they did the same in Morocco to the Tangier route once they took it over from GB Airways they ceased it.

Chris