Flights

queenie40something

queenie40something

I agree with above. You could fly from Hurghada with Egyptair quite cheaply and it is only about 50 mins.
You could spend the day seeing the sights like the Pyramids and Sphinx at Giza then make your way to the museum in Cairo which is a must. Have dinner on the Nile and stay overnight. The next day can then be spent shopping.
Khan El Khalili is Egypts most famous bazaar see Egypt: Cairo: Market - Khan el-Khalili and the prices are a fraction of what they are in resort especially if you are looking for things like nic nacs, pictures and rugs for your apartment. Fake designer clothes, handbags etc are also very cheap in Cairo.

There is also the City Star Mall CITYSTARS | Promotions where you will find everything you need. If you are looking for furniture you will find it so much cheaper in Cairo and they will deliver quite cheaply as well.

K

kazzer

Hi Everyone

Thanks for shopping tips ..done all the sites about 3 years ago, the bazzars sound interesting though...could be well worth a trip, we didnt go to far into Cairo last visit we didnt have time..but will have a good mooch next time i go.

The shop near Dahar sounds ok will check that out, i went to a supermarket Mr Madgi's i believe.

Kazzer

Anyone know how much is it to fly there ?

S

scooby21

checked the prices the other day was £77 return as a UK citizen sure you can it cheaper if you are flexible with dates and maybe if have residency. Egyptair now have a website so can check prices

queenie40something

queenie40something

The prices are normally cheaper by picking Egypt as the country as you enter the website. You dont have to be a resident to get these prices on their website. We have done this loads of times and had no problems. Just print off E Ticket and hand at check in. If you pay by cc make sure that the person whose cc it is, is in the travelling party and takes the cc with them as per terms and conditions of the website. However we have never been asked to see the cc on check in.
The fare is normally cheaper if you depart after 9am from Hurgh eg 5th June depart 9.35 Hurgh and depart Cairo 20.30 is £30.62 return ( £33 if depart 23.30pm ) but if you depart at 07.50am the price is £60.24 which is nearly double!!
Pick UK as the country as you enter the site and the same flight is £77.70!!
See EgyptAir

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Alison this is brilliant advice! I was a bit dubious at first and was expecting the screen to switch to Arabic! But it works exactly as you say - thankyou.

P

propertastic

This is true. I was trying to book a flight from Hurghada to Sharm and back for me and the girlfriend as we're going there for a couple of days to celebrate her birthday.

Selecting Egypt as country of residence, the price for the pair of us return was only LE881 - that's only GBP20 per person each way.

However, the experience was marred by the fact that both people flying - for some reason - need to show a Visa or Mastercard as ID when they pick up the tickets. The girlfriend doesn't have a Visa or Mastercard so I couldn't complete the online booking form.

The email to their customer support people bounced back as spam so it looks like I am going to have to spend the rest of the day on the phone trying to sort this one out now.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Peter - your welcome.

I have NEVER been asked to show the cc on check in. I last booked online and flew Nov / Dec last year.

When they ask you for ID on the website just enter your passport number or the same cc number that you are booking with.

We all flew as well to Cairo in June and done the same and my son was 18 and didnt have a cc so I just entered his passport number.

There are no tickets to pick up - they will email you the E Ticket which is your paperwork to show at check in.

You can check in about 30mins before but we dont like to chance it and get to the airport at least 45 mins before.

When I flew from Luxor to Sharm in Dec we had to fly via Cairo and missed our connecting flight but they transferred us onto the next flight at no extra charge.

You get a free soft drink on the flight and it is so quick before you know it the plane is descending to land. The planes are very modern and comfortable.

For internal Sharm flights we flew from the new terninal which is really nice.

P

propertastic

Hi Alison,

Many thanks for that. I sorted it out now - I just needed to input the same credit card for both of us.

So I am looking forward to seeing what the opposite side of the Red Sea looks like (although I have promised the girlfriend that I won't write any more books while we are supposed to be on holiday!)

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi Alison,

Many thanks for that. I sorted it out now - I just needed to input the same credit card for both of us.

So I am looking forward to seeing what the opposite side of the Red Sea looks like (although I have promised the girlfriend that I won't write any more books while we are supposed to be on holiday!)
hi Nick,
so happy that you sved your situation but you know next time just tell me I have a friend working in Egypt air office he can do his best for me to have cheapest flights ;)
in Sharm you will enjoy but big difference between sharm & hurghada as no socila life not real life city only Naama bay and old market area other are hotels and dessert, just hotels covers all beachs and big distance between each area which means you can\t walk :( only taxi which charge you from 25 L.E to 50 L.E the colors of taxi there is blue and white
you will enjoy the mountains and sea

L

Lsab

Check out page 37 of this thread. Some extremely informative posts on purchasing flights within Egypt.

(Originally on British Resort thread)

I

ivanthetwonk

To Anybody . . . Just Booked Manchester....hurghada Nov 4th £256 Return Only 6 Seats Left Thomas Cook Web Site. . . .. . Ivan & Marion

queenie40something

queenie40something

Easyjet

Hi all

Received an email from Easyjet.

As of 30th March some flights will operate out of a different terminal at Gatwick.

Check your booking on their website but basically if your new flight number starts with 8 you will be flying from the North Terminal and if it starts with a 5or is a UK domestic flight then you will fly from the South Terminal.

D

distant dreamer

Low cost flights to and within Egypt

Hi,

Hope someone can help me out, sure I read somewhere that there were now direct flights from Sharm to Hurghada. Does anyone know if this is the case, who the operator is and times/prices. This would be very much appreciated.
Alternatively, anyone know about the ferry. Many thanks.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi,

Hope someone can help me out, sure I read somewhere that there were now direct flights from Sharm to Hurghada. Does anyone know if this is the case, who the operator is and times/prices. This would be very much appreciated.
Alternatively, anyone know about the ferry. Many thanks.
Hi see my posts here on Egyptair http://www.totallyproperty.com/egyptian-lounge/6781-low-cost-flights-within-egypt-37.html

The fast ferry takes about 90 mins but to be honest you can fly cheaper - from as little as £12.50 each way. Read my instructions and you should find a bargain or PM me with dates etc and I will look for you.

Regards

Alison

L

lyndsay552

Just another thing to note, when you are selecting your dates, make sure you tick the box for direct flights only or you will get lots of flight choices coming up but most of them will be via Cairo.

Lyndsay

L

lyndsay552

I emailed Easyjet last night reference the London Gatwick to Hurghada route being operated during the winter schedule.

'Thank you for contacting us regarding easyJet flights from London Gatwick to Hurghada.

Generally speaking, new schedules are released two to three months before the end of the existing schedule. The exact date is dependent on confirmation of flight slots from the relevant air traffic control authorities.

The next winter schedule which runs from October to March is due to be released in approximately June.

I am sorry we are unable to give you a more precise date.'

Unfortunately then we will have to wait until June to find out if Easyjet will be continuing this route.

Lyndsay