Flights

J

jaytee

Hi all

we're going out next Wednesday, so hopefully we will get a reasonable idea of how things are progressing. Ideally one of us would like to go across later in the year, just to check on things. However we've been looking at flights and prices seem quite expensive. Does anyone know of any airlines that are reasonable priced all year round or any last minute sites which are available.

Jeff & Linda

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Jeff and Linda - I managed to get return flights with Easyjet for Oct for £100 each return when the routes came out in Jan. They had some left last week for less than £90 each return. You could however wait for the new winter route to come out in June and search for cheap flights for after 25th October and hopefully get a bargain like I did.
This was from Gatwick.

J

jaytee

Thanks for that Alison,
I didn't realise Easyjet went to Sharm. all the sites I've been looking at are wanting anything between £300 - £500 each return

Jeff

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Jeff - just checked and from Gat they still have flights to Sharm for £82.99 on 30th Oct and 1/2 Nov. £92.99 on 28th Oct. Problem is with those is that the return fares will not be available until the winter route is released. TBH if it was me I would book the outbound flight at that price and wait until the winter flights are released to book a return. Do what I have done and register for their newsletter so as soon as the dates are released you are informed via email.

S

SuziQ2708

The Egypt Air website is great for booking online now and I booked my seats as well to guarantee a good window seat for the flight this morning from Hurghada to Cairo. I took some photos which I am 99% sure are Gamsha Bay first, El Gouna in the middle and the Oasis project in the left hand side and then north of there. The window was dirty which didn't help.
Hi Georgina, How much is the flight from Hurghada to Cairo and how long is it? We're not planning on doing Cairo again this time, but, well you never know, we may change our minds :cool:

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Hi SuziQ I paid about 450 EL three weeks ago so about 42 GBP.

Peter

Georgina

Georgina

Hi Georgina, How much is the flight from Hurghada to Cairo and how long is it? We're not planning on doing Cairo again this time, but, well you never know, we may change our minds :cool:
You need to book couple of months in advance to get a good price. Back in November I flew return for LE310. I flew last minute for the day and paid LE660 return. This trip I booked about a month in advance and am actually in Luxor now. I flew via Cairo as I couldn't find out how to fly direct. I know the tourists fly direct for a day or two. My trip worked out at about 100 sterling for the four flights.

I have been in the convoy many times in a private vehicle. They won't let me go without the convoy because of my annual tourist visa but if I go by bus it is OK to go without the convoy. Bus is really cheap from Hurghada. Around LE60 but the toilet stop is not the tourist stop but a hole in the ground jobby and I went in, about 45 degrees inside, 100 flies and couldn't get the door open again to get out. Trapped in hell. Eventually someone resuced me :):eek:

S

SuziQ2708

Around LE60 but the toilet stop is not the tourist stop but a hole in the ground jobby and I went in, about 45 degrees inside, 100 flies and couldn't get the door open again to get out. Trapped in hell. Eventually someone resuced me :):eek:
Eeeeek !!!! What a horrible experience, like a bad horror movie. Good thing you were rescued :p

V

vix

Reads like the bus journey from Aqaba to Amman. Have experienced similiar. Just the thought of it activates my IBS.

S

SuziQ2708

Flightd

I know there is a thread for this somewhere, didn't have time to hunt for it! Just found a good website selling cheap last minute flights (the cheapest I've seen).

WWW (dot) Packyourbags (dot) com

Anyone wishing to fly to Hurghada from Gatwick on 5th June for 7 nights = £189 GBP per person, including taxes
:D

Georgina

Georgina

Egypt Air

Yesterday I flew from Luxor to Cairo then Cairo to Hurghada but by the time I had waited for my luggage from the first leg (you couldn't check luggage straight through) and got out of Hall 1 at Cairo and waited for a bus to transfer me to Hall 4 the connecting flight had taken off ten minutes before I arrived at check-in. It was a bit crazy of Egypt Air to offer this surely knowing it is impossible to catch the connection.

They transferred me to the next flight but Cairo airport is freezing so sitting there for over two hours was not much fun.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Georgina - this happened to me when I flew from Luxor to Sharm via Cairo - wasnt aware we had to change flights and make the mad dash via bus. Needless to say we missed it. They were really good though and transferred us onto the next flight at no extra charge - only had to wait another 30 mins so we had a well deserved beer and a fag!!

M

maxwan

hopefully manchester but i need to return before the weekend because of work so i may need to use a london airport

M

maxwan

are you sure this link is correct as it takes me to a currency sending page

L

Lsab

It worked for me! If it still doesn't work for you, just have a look in the Egyptian Lounge - 1st page - 'Flights'

M

maxwan

Monday 9th or tue 10th returning on or before friday 13th. with a property in mind. hopefully

queenie40something

queenie40something

Sorry just deleted my post as just saw you did post your dates. I will have a look and if I find anything I will post it in the flight link in the Lounge.